The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

poox

hello gals!!

wendy: my first fitting at BV went great! WG meets my expectation. now have to decide whether to fluff the back or not.....going back for refit and probably EG design after cny. Don't worry i find BV very professional and friendly.

Hi Elenne

long time no hear from u!!
nope i didn't go for glam package since they could do what i wanted within simplicity
happy.gif
did u? how does your gown look like? any pic to share???

u dun have to pay to book the suite at fullerton for photography, just call your coordinator and let him know....of course it's subject to availability
happy.gif

elenne

dear poox, no i also didn't upgrade. my first fitting is next month. will take a pic then & share with you. it's a bustier gown.

blissz

Hi Wendy

Dun worry....mine was on a weekday....the attendance was nearly 100% and we got good comments on the food
happy.gif

Hi Besse

Glad you enjoyed your shopping spree...how's your CNY preparation??
happy.gif

blissz

Hi Poox

Yes, we used the cards provided by the hotel...we printed 260 cards with additional printing on the front cover and location map on the back cover...
happy.gif

wendy76

Thanks Blissz
happy.gif
hope that i will have the same response as yours

Hi poox,
thanks for sharing... sure to visit BV... will keep u inform...
happy.gif

icequeen

Hi gals,

Like to wish all of you a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

And it's the year of Monkey, so remember to use bananas and not oranges when you go visiting..kekekeke.

jam

Hi all fullerton brides,

After all the good comments from you, am very tempted to check out BV too. Hoping to get a classic & elegant gown (that will hopefully make me feel like a princess in the beautiful fullerton setting on my big day =)). Called the shop a few days ago, didn't realise BV was closed for cny and my call was actually connected to Michelle's mobile! She was really friendly, so I'll definitely drop by her shop after cny =) But any other recommendations for good bridal shops from the fullerton brides are most welcome =)

Annabelle - think pricing and min no of tables both depend on whether your wedding is on weekdays or weekends (for saturdays, think price is $898+++/table for at least 38 tables). You can check out fullerton's website for details but think the pricing there is only valid until Aug this year.

poox

hihi jam

Another potential BV + Fullerton Hotel bride
happy.gif

that's what i hope to achieve too.

yup, they close for CNY that's why my next appt only in feb
happy.gif

Happy Lunar New Year to All!

jam

Hi Ladies!

Would like to check if any of you rented the classic Rolls Royce from Fullerton to use it as bridal car? Think the rental is quite costly (more than $1000 incl the chauffeur) but thought it may be fun... Do you know if I can get the rental cheaper if I request for it closer to the AD (provided it's not already booked of course)?

TY!

pheb

Hi All

I've met up with Thomas a couple of days ago and will prob be confirming our banquet in Oct within the week. We'll also be doing our ceromony in the Straits Room in the afternoon. It was love at first sight...the room's so classy!!! Anyone used that room before? We'll be serving high tea as well. Only thing is max 80 pax.

If my memory serves me well, Thomas mentioned the RR will cost $850 + chauffeur for 8 or 7 hours. We dun remember it to be above 1k...unless that price is before the +++

I'm now hunting for a BS...will be trying BV when it reopens...esp since it seems to be real popular with FH brides
happy.gif

btw, anyone having dessert buffet?

blissz

Hi Jam

I rented the RR from Fullerton for my actual day...i was quoted $800++ including the chauffeur for 8 hours...

Just a piece of advice....do request the hotel to check the RR properly the day before.....cos for my case, the air-conditioner was not working and the chauffeur only discovered it in the morning...so we had to bear with it until noon before the chauffeur got it serviced....

pam

Hi Poox,
Choon Huat was great. Lots of candid shots which made the album so interesting. Everyone who saw the album commented that Choon Huat has an eye for detail. In fact everyone loves it.
Dun worry, u will be very happy with his work.
I dun have a scanner so I can't scan and show u the AD pics. But if u wan, can email me at [email protected] and I can send u the pics which Kim took for my studio n outdoor.

poox

hihi pam

nice to hear from u.

so glad to hear that you are happy with CH's work.

i'll email u from home tonight.

jam

poox
are u the one who posted msg on thread for Park Green too? that makes us both Fullerton + PG + (potentially) BV brides!!! =)

ger09

Hi All fullerton B2B,
I'm excited about holding my wedding at Fullerton. However, I find that they are very slow in responding to my queries and requests. Has anyone of you experience this??

rainbow

Dear All Fullerton B2B,

Need your help!! Im now deciding between Fullerton and Four Seasons!! Did anyone of you decide between the two? What was it that made you decide on Fullerton? THanks in advance!!
happy.gif

dclaudia

hello all

would like to check how's the food at fullerton? I may be taking up the friday package.....all feedbacks are welcome!

winterhakone

Hi rainbow.....

I was in tt dilemna....between 4 seasons n Fullerton....i very much prefer Fullerton as the ambience is totally different to tt at 4 seasons....The "feeling" is different when i stepped into both ballrooms.....Fullerton gives me a warmer and cosy feeling

besse

hi rainbow

i think you will have to also consider your min and max no of pax the 2 hotels' ballrooms can accomodate cos 4season's ballroom is a lot smaller than Fullerton.

food at fullerton is prepared by Jade (part of Tung lok grp). and we have pretty good feedback from most guests abt the more unique menu.

and like wat winter has shared, fullerton gives a more cosy feeling than 4 seasons, not to mention the only hotel to give you the heavenly loft suite..

rainbow

Hi Winterhakone and Besse,

Thanks for sharing!! Am going down to see both ballrooms again before I make my decision!! Agree that the Fullerton ballroom is cosier but oso heard that the food and service at Four Seasons is better! Did you guys have any problem with the food and service for your wedding? If the feedback is generally good, think I'd take Fullerton!!
happy.gif

jam

Hi rainbow,
I agree with Besse. I was keen in both Four Seasons & Fullerton initially, but later found out that Four Seasons only allows abt 25 table max and Fullerton requires a minimum of 38 tables. Depending on the number of guests you have, the choice should be clear.

Hi all FH brides,
Need your help again cos I still can't decide on the bridal... Am wondering if any of you don't mind sharing ur beautiful wedding photos? my email is [email protected]. Thx a million!

besse

hi rainbow

the food and service during my wedding is excellent. i've received nothing but positive feedback from my guests. in fact it was a first time to a banquet in fullerton for most of my guests and they actually thanked me for inviting them to this nice wonderful hotel.
happy.gif

do go down take a look at the ballroom, and request for the catering sales manager to bring you to the suite that they are giving you for your nite stay too.. believe me, it's an experience with the Fullerton
happy.gif

Jam, you should go around shopping for bridal. also depends on your budget and the kind of gowns you think you would like 2 see yourself in. I did my gown with the Wedding Present. reason why i chose them after shopping with 10 other bridals is that i feel absolutely comfy with the people there.. heard recently they have expanded and moved . you may wan to make an appt with Patrick and go down to see the gowns
happy.gif

odie

To those who are hesitating whether to choose Fullerton... if you don't it will probably be life greatest regret... kekekek :p

Just had my wedding there 1.5 weeks ago. Like all the other former fullerton brides... we had alot of positive comments about the place... the food, the ambience, the service, the suite, the ballroom... and even the wedding favour (the chocolate) which was also given the thumbs up.

Although the portion may be a bit small for some big-eater out there (but hey that's fine dining ya :p) but overall they agreed that the quality of the food was good. Even the muslim menu was great. We didn't ask for feedback on that but our Muslim guests came to us and told us that they were extremely pleased with the food they got. My ex-boss (a Chinese) was even joking that he should have requested for Muslim food.

Hubby and I didn't feel the pinch for not taking the wedding favour... thought that it was just chocolate until friends were raving about it. Some of them even admitted to us that they were eyeing other tables to look out for chocolates left behind by other guests... muwahahahah :p But luckily Fullerton had already prepared one big box for us and left it in the suite.

Like Besse, some of my friends told me it was a real great experience as it was the first time they ever attended a wedding there.

After hearing all the positive comments... makes me want to attend a wedding there myself too... of course as a guest lah.

We were pretty tickled (and of course impressed) with how the supervisor gave a pep talk to the waiters and waitresses before the start of the function and the de-brief after the dinner. Boy... were they strict with the waiting staff. For those whose wedding is coming up... try and make time to go for the briefing with your hubby on the actual day (though it doesn't involve the bride)... and you will know what I mean.

And yes... the suite is to die for!!!!

elenne

hi everyone,
happy.gif

the new package now is 798+++ for Fri & Sun rite?

hi poox.. sorry for not replying sooner, have been quite busy lately, especially with the invitation cards and church program!
I went for 1st fitting yesterday, totally in love with my gown. can send the pics to you later on.

hi jam: my coordinator is Thomas, i signed up about 1 yr before the wedding & couldn't decide on a lot of details. nevertheless, i signed the contract, and so far thomas has been nice, i was able to make changes here and there even after signing the contract! so don't worry!
happy.gif

dclaudia

Hi elenne

did u sign up for the fri & sun package? I was thinking of signing up that too.....but how do u find the dinner menu?

how's thomas as a coordinator? i am thinking of looking for gary.

elenne

hi claudia,
i signed up for the sun package as my church wedding is on sat. i think the dinner menu is ok... so far my experiences at my friends' wedding was that food was good. am going for food tasting next month. thomas told me the menu is flexible, can ask for changes here and there.
thomas is nice guy, gary i heard is not bad either.

wendy76

Hi girls,

its nice to see such many new Fullerton bride-to-be... my coordinator is garey a nice guy..

odie
congrats.. thanks for your postive comments..
poox
wedding date getting nearer... is your PS done? which photography did u choose from BV?

chinchilla

hi ladies, i m going to meet garey next sat to discuss about the package. just want to check if any of u had a tea and soleminsation ceremony held at fullerton? how is the experience like? can u share with me? i had just visited shangri la. i was blown away when i saw their garden. but to pay 90++ per person for a tea ceremony was on the high side. how about fullerton? can share?

many thanks

poox

hihi wendy

nice to hear from u again.

my ps would be in early march. next fri going to BV for EG first fitting.....all excited again:p
are u back in sg?

goofie

Hi ladies,
I'm about to confirm my venue at fullerton as well. Mine is in Oct 04. Can anyone share with me if i can choose my coordinator? and also, are they flexible even after the contract is signed (e.g. I may require a day room etc....)

Thanks muchie!!
happy.gif

matka

Popped in to say 'HI' after a long hiatus
happy.gif

Goofie, you probably can choose your coordinator. In terms of flexibility, it will depend on what you're asking for. For us, we laid down our specifications and "warned" them in advance that so-and-so are what we may need but will have to confirm in due course. Your coordinator will then take note of all these. As for a day room, it will depend on its availability. Otherwise, there will be a "minimum" charge to book a room.

ger09, I'm actually surprised that you received slow response from them. I didn't have any problems with them. In fact, I found them to be the most prompt in answering queries as compared to the other hotels that I checked out.

claudia, Thomas was my coordinator. I have nothing but praise for him.
happy.gif

ger09

Hi Matka,

thanks for your reply. Yes, indeed i have been getting very slow response from them. The person whom I m liaising is actually the Director of catering sales. i really wish that she's not my coordinator as well, if i confirm.

Also, when is your AD? and which BS did you use??

postpet2

Hi chin,

garey is my co-ordinator and before i met up with him, i had the same concern as you and abt fullerton. whether it will be 'high up in the air' kinda attitude, etc...

however, from my first meeting with Garey to the signing of the contract and so forth, Garey has been very very professional, personal at the same time...so you've really got no worries...
do meet up with him to see for yourselves.
I gather from the other brides here too that the other co-ordinators are very nice as well. I think in general, you can be assured of Fullerton's service...

me definitely looking forward to my wedding and my short 'stay' this year end....hehe

rainbow

Hi all Fullerton B2B,

Thanks for all your sharing and comments earlier in the thread!! Was still choosing between Four Seasons and Fullerton sometime last week but the Fullerton's ballroom really swept me off my feet!! Will be signing the contract really soon for my wedding in early 2005!! My coordinator is Thomas and though he may seem to be rather serious, hubby and I find him ok to talk to and very professional indeed!!

With such a beautiful ballroom, hubby and I would like to make the nite very magical for us and for all our guests!! Have any of you done anything special other than the usual march-ins and stuff? Care to share?? Another thing- counted that there's 12 steps leading down to the ballroom... must walk very carefully that nite!! haha!!

matka

Good Morning
happy.gif

ger09, I'm not too sure about the director of catering sales. She may be busy, perhaps? Or you could always relay your concerns to her and ask her to redirect you to one of her staff if she is unable to assist you as promptly as you would like. Otherwise, you cld always just give the office a call and speak to anyone there to advise you.

I got married last yr in the first week of Oct and my BS was Irene's Creation.

wendy76

hi poox
hows your EG fitting? Where abt are u going for your PS? i m still in UK coming back only in May... lots to be done when back... all the best for your PS, drink more water and sleep well...looking fwd to seeing your photos
happy.gif

hi Matka
nice to hear from u... any plans for offspring?
take care and keep in touch...
happy.gif