Solemnisation a second time

lettingo

i had my ROM solemnisation in Peony Jade on 31 May 2007
And me and hubby decided to do our CHinese Customary on 31 May 2009, which is Two years later... we also had an idea... to solemnise again, one more time, so that relatives and friends who missed our ROM, can witness, and also it is kinda romantic to me to see my hubby say vows to me , hehe.....

anyone done this before? a second time? please help to advise...
what would the vows be like a second time?

cactus_79

You can't solemnize a second time but you can reaffirm your vows. Perhaps you can check on the net for some wordings? My parents are planning to reaffirm their vows on their 30th wedding anniversary.

lettingo

hi cactus....

thanks for your reply!!!
thats what i intend to do... your parents doing it for their 30th anniversary... but for me, i going to do it 2 years after ROM... do you think its weird for my case? kinda worried that my relatives might say i bo liao....

cactus_79

Hi hui, from what I understand, most people reaffirm their wedding vows when they celebrate their wedding anniversary. And usually, wedding anniversaries are celebrated with friends and family at major milestones, like 25 years, 30 years, 40 years, 50 years. I believe some couples do celebrate at 5 years too. 2 years may be a bit strange, especially since reaffirmation of vows stems from the West and is not traditional. Usually couples reaffirm their wedding vows after they have children or when their children are adults or married, and they reaffirm their committment to each other for life long companionship. That's what my parents plan to do since I'm holding my customary marriage later this year.
Having said that, a marriage is a very personal thing and if it makes you and your husband happy to reaffirm your vows again, why not?

charming

HI Hui

I am also thinking to re-affirm our wedding vow in the wedding dinner..coz our rom was held at 2005. We did in overseas without any of our family beside us..and only wore a simple white cocktail dress... Therefore..i am thinking to re-affirm the vow again and exchange the wedding bands.

So are u still going ahead this idea for your 2009 wedding? Mine will be in 2009 September too.

If we did re-affirm the vow and exchange bands..that means we won't weara the wedding band till dinner time, right?

i hope anyone read this forum will also give me any idea incase you have encounter this wedding dinner. thanks alot

lettingo

hi fanny..
no, in the end, i did not renew my wedding vows during my wedding dinner....
because my ROM in 2007, and my AD is 16 jan 09
we feel that it might be too fast...

we are thinking of doing it when we got our new flat....in 2011.... maybe the renewal of vows will be on our ROM date of 2012, which is also the year of our 10th dating anniversary.... doing it together with house warming party or sort...

how about you? whats your plan

Sharkie8480

Hi all, im going to have simple solumnization at ROM next month with only parents.... and having the dinner reception for friends and family next year. Was thinking of doing the vow renewal in place of the solumnization next year too. Has anyone else done it??