Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel

Etez

Hi Xsue Xsue,

I tried to PM you. But your profile does not allow PM. Do you have email address etc? I can share with u my travel theme pictures and ideas. But for Marriott packages, I think it may varies, as I signed up a year plus ago. Maybe you can contact my planner, Michelle. She is very friendly and helpful. You can discuss your needs with her. We are quite pleased with what she provided for us.
happy.gif
)

Hi Happylala!

Is Michelle still with Marriott?
I have spoken to 2 wedding planners from Marriott during their recent wedding show. As I am looking for lunch, they don't bother to serve me. They did not introduce the package much and just sent me a draft contract to review and further I do not know what to expect at all.

I am very keen on Marriott but hope to get a good wedding planner so that I can feel more rest assured.
Please help & advise :(

Should you have Michelle's direct contact, can you please email me at [email protected]

Thanks!!!!

karolkon

Hi all,
I am thinking of signing up a package with Marriott for my wedding next year. I noticed that many of you mentioned about Laurel to get some details. I could not find Laurel in the thread.
Laurel or anyone who could share with me some pictures of the decorated ballroom please? [email protected]
The ones that my coordinator gave did not have any picture of the overall ballroom look, it was more of individual pics of the center pieces/ stage.
Appreciate it a lot!
Thank you!

Tiffany Ng

Hi Hottoys. I'm interested with the marriott package and my wedding happen to be in March 2014 also. Can you send me the package details? Isit a lunch or dinner package?

sherlin

Hi. I have browsed the lunch items and noted that there are no food tasting & no usage of LCD projectors. Is that true?

Nicole Lee

Hi Happylala!

Is Michelle still with Marriott?
I have spoken to 2 wedding planners from Marriott during their recent wedding show. As I am looking for lunch, they don't bother to serve me. They did not introduce the package much and just sent me a draft contract to review and further I do not know what to expect at all.

I am very keen on Marriott but hope to get a good wedding planner so that I can feel more rest assured.
Please help & advise :(

Should you have Michelle's direct contact, can you please email me at [email protected]

Thanks!!!!

My friend recently held her wedding with Marriott and her wedding co-ordinator is Samantha. My friend likes her a lot and I found her service good too. In fact, my friend just told me that she had just nominated Samantha & Marriott for the wedding accolade. Ohh and I must say Marriott's food is one of the best I have tasted thus far!

mantouz

My friend recently held her wedding with Marriott and her wedding co-ordinator is Samantha. My friend likes her a lot and I found her service good too. In fact, my friend just told me that she had just nominated Samantha & Marriott for the wedding accolade. Ohh and I must say Marriott's food is one of the best I have tasted thus far!

Hi Nicole, marriott is one of the choice for me to hold my wedding next year. Do you remember the number of couuse meal served? any shark fins? I am glad to hear that the food is good, so I hope you can share a bit more. thank you!!

Can someone share the perks offered at their recent wedding show? The standard package for lunch only offers 15% parking, 60% cards and no wine. Pricing is on the high side for a 7 course lunch

Blushies

Hi all,

I have put down a deposit but am getting concern about the Sundays church service happening on the 2nd floor. I was assured that the sound would not travel to the big ballroom (lvl 3) though.
Before I make another trip again, I hope to get some feedback from those who have held or attended a Marriot wedding lunch on Sunday please. Any issues with the loud music? Is it disruptive ie when guests walk in/out of ballroom? How about the crowd when you walk into the hotel or pass the 2nd floor?

Other than this concern, I am quite pleased with my coordinator and the food standard. We had our own personal food tasting at Wan Hao restaurant.

fjy_btb2016

Hi, reviving this thread. I'm planning to have my wedding there next year, right now just negotiating the terms. Seems like the coordinator everything also cannot. E.g. exchange canapés for beer or wine, change day use helper room to extra deluxe room stay or offer something else cause we really have no use for it. Want to hear bout prior experience with them if anyone can share? Thanks in advance

Hi, reviving this thread. I'm planning to have my wedding there next year, right now just negotiating the terms. Seems like the coordinator everything also cannot. E.g. exchange canapés for beer or wine, change day use helper room to extra deluxe room stay or offer something else cause we really have no use for it. Want to hear bout prior experience with them if anyone can share? Thanks in advance

Hi I'm holding my wedding with Marriott this year Nov. From what I have experienced, they are quite sticky with what they can offer. We only managed to get them to increase the litres of beer provided. Who is your coordinator?

fjy_btb2016

Coordinator is stella. Ya everything we ask for is cannot, called her aft tht she said its "hotel policy". Heard orchard hotels all like that..can share what u got from the package?

Coordinator is stella. Ya everything we ask for is cannot, called her aft tht she said its "hotel policy". Heard orchard hotels all like that..can share what u got from the package?
Pm you later at night! Haha I am not really keen on Marriott but my htb loves it a lot cause of the accessibility...and the ballroom is nice and exclusive.

proggies

My wedding end of this year and I have the same coordinator as you. Wasn't very impressed with her service and just like you said. everything also cannot. But I did manage to get her to negotiate for me on some of the terms after much pushing. Just out of curiosity, are you booking any extra rooms for your bridal party or guests?

fjy_btb2016

My wedding end of this year and I have the same coordinator as you. Wasn't very impressed with her service and just like you said. everything also cannot. But I did manage to get her to negotiate for me on some of the terms after much pushing. Just out of curiosity, are you booking any extra rooms for your bridal party or guests?
Nope not booking for guest, but we're considering an extra night for the suite because its a wedding lunch, need to do tea ceremony and all in the morning,,Either we have an extra night in the suite, or a deluxe room then shift over to the suite later on..can pm you the price if you want. we just signed the contract few weeks back, not very happy but no choice. was told orchard hotels all like that

proggies

Nope not booking for guest, but we're considering an extra night for the suite because its a wedding lunch, need to do tea ceremony and all in the morning,,Either we have an extra night in the suite, or a deluxe room then shift over to the suite later on..can pm you the price if you want. we just signed the contract few weeks back, not very happy but no choice. was told orchard hotels all like that

I reserve 2 deluxe rooms and extended 1 night for the suite. Didn't get very good rates but no choice. I will pm u the price I got. =)

crystal00

Hi All,

Thought to share with you guys. Im having wedding coming up soon with Marriott. So far we are satisfied with the service from our Coordinator. The food tasting went well and good, we hope that it will be the same during the wedding day...

I am not sure on the perks, but we have few items waived and quite grateful to have it. Can PM me for details =)

lalalala8

Hi all future Marriott brides to be :)

Recently my colleague did a search on google regarding angbao rates and told me that the rate for Marriott for a Saturday night (weekend) dinner is reflected as $117. I was like huh? She referred to the Kiasubride website. I'm definitely paying more than that for my tables. Just to clarify, the intention of holding a wedding banquet is for our families & friends to join us in this joyous celebration and not to earn from their red packets. However, the inaccurate rates makes me feel kinda "shortchanged" if you get what I mean!

I've written a couple of emails to Kiasubride informing them of the inaccuray in rates but have not heard anything from them :(

Not sure if we can do anything about this......

kewpie20

Hi All,

Thought to share with you guys. Im having wedding coming up soon with Marriott. So far we are satisfied with the service from our Coordinator. The food tasting went well and good, we hope that it will be the same during the wedding day...

I am not sure on the perks, but we have few items waived and quite grateful to have it. Can PM me for details =)

have pm u :)

kewpie20

we don haf canapes given as perks for this round but my coordinator was flexible in exchanging some of the perks

Tingzcrown

Here's my pkg for u btbs' consideration :)
I personally feel its so worth it !!!
* 8 course dinner from wan hao cant resturant
* complimentary champange for pouring session
*cockages waived for all wine and hard liquor
* 3 hrs free flow beer
* 10 pax food tasting
* two choices of favours
* Theme booklet for wishes from guests
* 2 x LCD proj
* invitation cards - 70% cfm guests
* 30% carparks
* 1 night stay for helpers
* 1 night bridal suite (can be 2 nights)

Tingzcrown

Here's my pkg for u btbs' consideration :)
I personally feel its so worth it !!!
* 8 course dinner from wan hao cant resturant
* complimentary champange for pouring session
*cockages waived for all wine and hard liquor
* 3 hrs free flow beer
* 10 pax food tasting
* two choices of favours
* Theme booklet for wishes from guests
* 2 x LCD proj
* invitation cards - 70% cfm guests
* 30% carparks
* 1 night stay for helpers
* 1 night bridal suite (can be 2 nights)

Weekend $1388++ for weekends