Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel

giraffe~

meeting michelle tmr for the finalisation of everything. any tips on what to prepare?
michelle is so nice, i will be printing personalised labels for my choc boxes.. asked her when i can collect the boxes so i can stick on. she said if i pass to her 1 week before the wedding, she will stick on for me! =)

candycandy001

* (giraffe~) > I also didnt prepare anything, did she sent you a list, eg number of ppl, VIP table cloth colour, VIP car plate number, how many individual muslim/veg etc. If you have all that in mind then will be ok.

giraffe~

hi candy! i made my own checklist and seems like most of the things coincide with what she needed to discuss =) i was v touched cos i was quite late for the meeting - wasn't feeling well so i took a nap and overslept. so was about 20 min late. michelle was really sweet about it! she got me a drink and chatted lightly to calm me down when i arrived, before getting down to business talk.

hmm. i feel confused abot table linen colours. i chose a red tablecloth and gold display plate and purple and cream roses. i wish they had a purple tablecloth =( i hope it doesn't look too awful. the normal guest tables dun have any display plates right?

felixp

Hi giraffe > must take care ;).. Why u say may be awful? I imagine the colored Shld be quite striking... Once you have decided, dun worry abt it again and move on to other stuff ... Hehes ;)

candycandy001

* (giraffe~) > I think we are quite similar, my VIP table is red table cloth + gold display plate. Yup, normal tables dont have display plate. My normal table is silver table cloth (if my memory serve right, ha). My flower is dark purple/blue + light purple. Ha... anyhow choose bcos I told shishi my EG is turquoise colour.

giraffe~

felix --> haha. ya. no time for regrets now! just decide and move on!! anyway, i saw the ang pow boxes. erm. honestly i don't think they are very special looking. they look quite normal, but presentable. choose the red one, it looks the best. i told michelle i'll take the purple one but actually i dun really like it. will prob make my own if i have time. just told her to standby in case i don't have time to make. they have matching guestbooks.

darguel

Hi ladies,
We're thinking of Marriott but the 40 table minimum is quite high for us. Has anyone tried to ask them to lower it? Is it possible?

Thanks in advance!

candycandy001

Felix (felixp) > Nobody intro the AP box to me, nv seen it

* (giraffe~) > They are providing guestbook, right? I also havent seen it too.

von (darguel) > Maybe can try lunch? I guess min tables is much lesser.

ah_faith

Dear Marriott brides,

My wedding's just over last weekend! Never regretted choosing Marriott for my wedding. Service was really good and attentive. So glad that the banquet manager and coordinator made our wedding dinner so smooth sailing that we kept our mind off from everything else other than the 1st and 2nd march in!

Felix & Giraffe> I used my DIY AP box though coz the ones they are providing are rather small. I only saw 1 or 2 boxes... I did a two tier for my AP box. As for guestbook, there are about 3 colors for u to choose from so I had no issues with it. =)

Von> I don think the minimum 40 tables for a weekend dinner is reduceable.... Probably can fix an appointment with Marriott to discuss on what can be arranged? Happy wedding venue shopping! =)

felixp

Hi faith, Congrats!! Happy and very reassuring to hear dat your big day went smoothly...

Hi candy, stay cool yah! Everything will turn out fabulous!! ;) can't wait for mine to be done and over with... Still another 2mths ++...

shopaholicjuan

>ah faith I'm sure you had a wonderful time!
Hee yours just over, candy is on sun and mine's next sat. Lol..

Anyway michelle is a v nice co ordinator. She came back to assist us for our matrimony rehearsal even though it was her off day.

>felix enjoy the process! Do you still need any info on anything?
happy.gif

felixp

Christine > Wah, urs oso so near liao... All the best! =) My coordinator is also Michelle... Have been emailing her my queries too, but i think she's very busy and havent reply me for some of them yet... These are some qtns i asked... good if you girls can help me with the answers..

1. I wld be requesting for some tables with 11 pax and Mich told me that need top up for the additional pax. But I am wondering if I can add the chair and utensils for 1 more pax without increasing the food portion (i.e. no top up of additional fee) as the additional seat is for a child.

2. Any of you have your own song for your 1st dish?? I am thinking of using the "Kungfu Fighting" from the Kungfu Panda.. We liked it cos it's quite funny, any opinion? =))

3. My confirmed tables are 25 as per contract, but now we think we will need to add more and still in process of confirming my guests' attendance. Do u girls confirmed the no. of tables then ask michelle to proceed with the printing of cards or before ah? Btw, i like the red card with the "xi" character, but dun like the orientation, i.e. open by flipping upwards, can we change to a different orientation, any1 knows??

Thanks!!

giraffe~

hi Felix -- i think should be no prob usuing own song for 1st dish. i am using my own song too. when i met michelle i think she said it was ok but u must bring the original cd along, pass it to them to play for you.

dunno about the child seat.

i think i know which card u r talking about, but the white version mich give me is also that orientation, dun think they have any alternative.

felixp

Hi Giraffe > Thanks for your prompt replies! Did u use ur own song for the 1st dish as well? Yup, I have asked mich liao, now waiting for her reply loh... Anyway I still got time, so its okay loh. =))

Ur preparation 7788 liao??

candycandy001

Felix (felixp) > 11pax in one table also need to top up? I am not so sure but that time shishi asked us to confirm attendance by no of pax. Therefore I guess if you hav certain tables 8-9pax, some tables 11pax should be ok? I know VIP can sit upto 12 pax.

I didnt prepare song for 1st dish, even my 2nd march in also ask the song recommendation from shishi. ha^^ lazy bride... (but end up my hubby choose others)

Christine jiayou lo! I am a bit nervous liao. Ha^^

felixp

Hi Candy >> Orhes, thanks for sharing !! Hehes, try to calm down but I am sure will be nervous!! If not nervous, abnormal loh... Hehes... Enjoy your wedding day hoh .. Sure lotsa funz and full of great memory =)) Same to Giraffe & Christine too!!

giraffe~

felix --> michelle is on leave i think.. i emailed her on friday and shishi replied saying mich was on leave. yup i am going to use my own songs for the entire night, even the background music. reminds me, i need to go buy the original CDs soon. haha.. i have not much time left!! =)

hmm. i guess prep of the main things is mostly settled.. now just left all the DIY stuff (which is impt to me haha) and getting furniture and buying warm clothes for honeymoon. also trying to get an ice cream booth for my church wedding =) haha ya v nervous... i can't really conc on work these days.. you jiayou too!

fannieme

Hello all
happy.gif
I am new here and nd advise/help as im currently deciding between Marriott or Swissotel Stamford. Approx. 50 tables.
I've seen Marriott ballroom and quite like it only afraid it might be too squeezy for 50 tables? anyone has sign package w them or swissotel stamford?
Thank you! =)

felixp

Hi fannie >> all of up signed up w Marriott.. I dun have so many tables, max 30... Hmm, maybe u like to get the coordinator to send you a copy of their floorplan for 50 tables so dat u can gauge? Btw, just a suggestion, u can consider regent hotel? My friend did his wedding there for 50 tables.. It's not cramped at all ;) all the best in your hotel selection !!

ken80

huh? eh personally i like regent as a hotel BUT 50 tables is a bit squeeze in fact 30 i also find it squuezing imho

giraffe~

fannie -- i went down to see marriott on a day when there was a banquet for 45 tables. it wasn't squeezy. the chairs can be fully pulled out and still got walking space. my dinner also has 45 tables. and it's in 20 days time! i can let u know after that how it felt, whether it was too squeezy. your choices for hotel with a guest list of 50 tables is very limited. you could consider marina mandarin, but i think marriott's food and service is better. regent has a lot of pillars and the interior looks a bit out of date. but the themes are nice.

felixp

Hihi, I remembered it's quite okay at regent for 50 tables.. Hmmm.... Another place is Pan Pacific, can also accomodate 50 tables, had my company annual dinner there... I remembered Jacelyn tay held her banquet for 50+ tables there... ;)

fannieme

hi all, thank you for the response
happy.gif

my htb dont want marina mandarin and future father-in-law dont like pan pacific, actually me and htb quite like pan-pac but we want to respect his dad..
we went swissotel stamford over the weekend to take a look at the ballroom, not very amazed by it.. will be meeting marriott and hyatt's staff and see see first.

giraffe--congrats to your wedding! yes please, i would love to know the outcome, the food, the service, ballroom etc.!

candycandy001

Hi, my wedding lunch is over. So thankful for all of the marriott staff. They are so professional and helpful. Everything is so smooth. My guests also quite puncture, only late for abt 10min. I would like to specially praise the indian banquet mgr (although I dont know his name), he is so professional (I guess he somehow understand mandarin), he still teach the groom how to hold my gown when march in etc. My PG also very helpful to rush out the morning express (although I didnt expect/request) and pass to the bnquet mgr last min b4 the banquet start. so touching^^

shopaholicjuan

>candy glad it was great! )

>felix sorry for the late reply. Ya you can have 11 at the table without increasing the food portion. Hmm michelle responds better to calls I think. Lol..you can try calling instead.

Ya we are using our own song for 1st dish too.
happy.gif

I will let u koe how everything turns out tm.

felixp

Hi HX, wat additional perks are you looking for? Dun think Marriott offers many additional perks, esp for their lunch. U'll be doing a lunch or dinner?

kitty_chua99

Ladies, my wedding will be on this coming July.Marriott will contact us on e wedding cards / guest list? or we have to contact them ourselves?

felixp

Hi Jing Yuh, dun worries. My coordinator is also Michelle. My wedding is in May; she started contacting me early Mar abt the cards and favours liao. I think to a certain extent, she is not so on the ball compared to what i heard abt shishi but she is okay lah. Else u can contact her ask what to prepare for now.
happy.gif

salaine

Hello! I'm about to sign up with Marriot for Jan/Feb 2012 dinner banquet. Anyone here around the same time too? I'd like to find out what are the package deals available that I should look out for? feeling rather excited about it since there're so many positive feedback over here!
happy.gif

Welcome to the Marriott wedding couples family! Who is ur coordinator? Shishi is helping me, and she's great so far!

As for me, Marriott have been absolutely flexible and accommodating to my need to have a personalized wedding, thumbs up! Be creative and adventurous with your planning, Marriott will assist in all ways possible!!!

salaine

hello Jensen! thanks for your warm welcome! =)

yepps, I've been contacting Shi Shi via email to fix an appointment to confirm details. I feel sorry that it's so difficult to find a time for 3 of us to meet up.. hee..

anyway, I wanted to know if anyone knows the pricing for weekend dinner during Jan/Feb 2012, because I only have 2011's pricing..

magpievy

hi ladies,

Can someone post up shi shi's email please? I am enquiring about Marriott as our banquet venue but didn't get any response when I emailed michelle. don't think she's very reliable. Would like to work with Shi shi if she's more responsive...

bluewingz

Hi,

Anyone had or having wedding lunch at Mariott dis or next yr?

Mind to share their package details pls?

Is the morning express video still possible to b rushed out for the march-in?

I m looking at 12-15 tables. Any advices on the suitable ballrooms?

Anyone has their ROM on the same day as well?

Appreciate every1's help!

Can email me at [email protected] too !

Hi bluewingz,

Im a June wedding lunch GTB.

Package details will change from Aug 2011 onward, you may need to check with the wedding planners @ Marriott for a clearer picture.

Yes, my VG is able to rush out morning highlights, but mainly becoz my gatecrashing is done in the hotel, and tea ceremony for both set of relatives is done in the hotel as well. nonetheless, i will email u his contact, u can mention my name and liaise with them directly.

Lunch requires a minimum of 18 tables. However, you may still want to top up your 15tables pricing to become 18, using the xtra $ to provide guests with better food? desert buffet? more alcohol? Marriott is very flexible and accommodating on this.

Me! My ROM is on the same day, around 1030am in the function room 2nd floor. Saw your post in the other forum, poolside is nice but not practical for singapore weather. you may want to drop by around 1030am on a weekend to xperience the humility and heat and sun glare.

bluewingz

Jensen, thx so much for ur reply!
Ur info is so useful!

May I know what is the name of ur ballroom?
R there choices?

U need to fork out extra $$$ for the use if function rm for ROM ?

U mind to share with me the VG u engaging ? I m rather surprise tat they can rush out the video dat fast.

If u dun mind sharing the actual cost breakdw wif me,
U cn aso email me at [email protected] .

:)

bluewingz

Btw, u mention gate crashing is at the hotel ?

Means u hv to start rather early in the morning?

R u given the bridal suite too for wedding lunch package ?

Sorrie for asking so much.. Lolz..

hi bluewingz,

received my VG contact via email last night?

There is only 1 ballroom in Marriott, Name: Grand Ballroom. Min 18tables for lunch.

There are many function rooms that can be combined together if u have lesser tables, but not very grand n nice... coz end of the day, ballroom will its intelligent light, high ceiling will wow u over.

Function room, up to ur bargaining power w ur coordinator. Pool terrace pavillion: Chargable.

I engaged my VG esp becoz he can rush out the morning highlight... but do note, my arrangement and itineary makes it possible for him to achieve it.

Yes, im gatecrashing @ hotel, followed by ROM @ function room, then combined both set of relatives into function room for tea ceremony, then wedding lunch. As u can see, with such planning, i reduced time wasted on travelling, and also on car rental. There is also why my VG is able to produce the highlight in time.

Nope, i dun have to start early... im gatecrashing around 745-8am... reasonable bah?

Yes, 1 night bridal suite for lunch event. Maybe 2 nite for dinner, up to bargaining power =)

Feel free to ask!!!