Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel

pebble_furball

Hi all,

Me going for my PS in first week Oct. Any tips to pay attention to?

Is it that we have to wear the heavy WG everywhere we go? How to have toilet break har?

Must bring makeup along 2?

Pls advise me. Thank you!

kitty_li

hey mintee,
see, that's great! hahaha...all that worrying was for nothing, yah? hehs. She was probably busy with the wedding fair coming up...
happy.gif

Hi Ng H L,

Hmm, tips ah...bring water bottle and straw, mini fan. Outdoor shoes if you dun want to wear heels. Seriously, it's up to you if you want to wear the heavy WG everywhere you go. For me, I started my outdoor in my CS. Then I changed into the WG halfway. Toilet break? Sorry manz, don't count on it. hahaha...so, while it's good to drink lots of water, coz weather can get quite hot and u dun want to be dehydrated...erm, the toilet bit is tricky lorh.

Bring makeup along? I brought lah, hahaha...but forgot to use...coz I was having so much fun! hahaha...duh....hahaha.
happy.gif

sailormoonwt

morning ladies!

mintee: wow! there r 3 designs? cool!! i hvnt had the chance to take a look at them cos the other time i went, Alicia told me the bear bear gonna stop as wedding favours liao... so happy tat they r back again!!! *wink*

CSI Fan: yah....i tink most of the time they will call u and let u noe tat there r other couples who wan tis date as well... anyway, i oredi told them to block the date for me & let me noe if there r other couples whose date clash with mine..

Ladies...jus wanna ask if there r other coords other than Alicia whom I can liaise with?

am_blessed

Hi Ng,
ooppss..i think i typed wrongly on the food tasting. i want to say : it's not really worth it. so, i won't go for any food tasting..hehe.soory for that. For PS, like CSI said..u must bring water bottle with straw. and perhaps u need to apply anti-mosquito lotion in advance if u were to go those lalang places. Have fun!

kitty_li

hi sailormoonwt,
nope. mine is vincent. so far my experience with him is ok...
happy.gif
normal lorh. hehs...for me, i'm the type who would call to ask questions. So if I call and he's not around, usually I'd try to get one of them to answer my query. Then I dun have to call again or dun have to get him to call me back. Afterall, same hotel, all of them shd have the same info. So, follow-up actions wise, I think I tend to take more control, so there's little follow-up needed lah.
happy.gif

twinstarz

hey hey ladies, im gonna be attending the wedding show too! sure hope to sign up by then. anybody recall if the $30 off / table is applicable to wkdays only? or wkends too?

sigh, ive had my moments with both charlene n andrie. none of them reverted to my email when i sent them an enquiry. but it could be coz i replied to that generic email add that they used to send me my confirmation on the wedding show..

by the way ladies, anybody noes if i sign up now (b4 the bridal show), will i still be eligible for the offers that they are gonna be promoting then? worried that the dates i wan may be taken on that day. ;P

CSI Fan, the food tasting is not complimentary?

kitty_li

Hi twinstarz,

Not sure leh...best is to check with them on the offers that they are promoting.

Food tasting - not complimentary ah? I dunno worh...I know my food tasting is...for 10 pax.

mintee

Hi twinstarz, my coord told me that the $30 disct applies for all bookings made at the show. So weekends inclusive.

nuaster

Hi twinstarz,
Food tasting is included for wedding dinners but I'm not sure whether it is or not for luncheons.
I signed up with Marriott during their previous wedding show in June. What I did was to make a tentative booking for the date I want about 1 to 2 weeks before the show to secure the date. In the days to the wedding show, we negotiated with coordinator for stuff to be added into the contract. We then went to the show itself to make the deposit to enjoy the perks. :p

My experience with the coordinators thus far is that they are quite slow in replying to emails but usually very prompt when you call them instead.
My coordinator is Charlene. Find her not bad so far, but quite slow in emails, better to call.
Was also served by Michelle during the show (not sure if she is still around) and she was quite nice also.
Also made some minor queries by telephone when Charlene happened to be out and Adrie was quite prompt in addressing them and sending me info as well.

mintee

Hi ting! For your tentative booking made 1-2 wks b4 the show, did you have to pay any deposit to do secure the date at all?

And wow, I didn't know Marriott just had a wedding show in June! And there is one more next mth! How come they have so many shows in a year? Thought that's quite frequent, isn't it?
happy.gif

nuaster

Hi mintee,
I did not have to pay deposit for the tentative booking. But you have to be the first couple to make the booking for the requested date if not you will be on waiting list. Think we were lucky that we happened to enquire during the right time in the run up to the wedding show.

I think normally each hotel has about 2 wedding shows a year, one in each of the half.
Actually the June one was a very small scale wedding show. Definitely not the large scale kind like the grand copthorne waterfront one I had been to. In fact, it was free entry. I had the feeling that it was more like a test run kind of thingy for the new management team to get into gear.
happy.gif

nuaster

Hey ladies,
any one knows how many different designs are there for the new invitation cards?

Also, since we were on the topic of PS, did any of you take PS in/around Marriott?

mintee

Thanks Ting! Hm, seems like diff coord give diff treatment! I checked with my coord and she told me I have to pay $1000 deposit to secure the date b4 the wedding show if I want something like yours!

On cards, I saw 3 designs of their new invitation cards. One normal color paper and one waxed paper on top, both tied by a ribbon. Modern look.

Hi Ting,

I had my PS at the newly renovated pool side in May this year. Honestly, not much places you can take at Marriott, but since I want to have some memories on my banquet venue, so decided to go there for my PS

Ya, agree that the co-ordinators at Marriott are very slow in replying emails. I have to wait for days / weeks before I received their replies. Maybe the first or second time when it happened, I gave them the benefit of doubts that they may be busy, but it have happened many times already.

Nowadays I just called and take my own initiative to follow up with my co-ordinator and I must agree that they are pretty prompt to answer my enquiries on the phone

kitty_li

Hi mintee,
Hmm...$1000 deposit? Not sure, perhaps the procedures have changed? Perhaps it's also dependent on the way you ask them? Maybe ask if can make tentative booking first? Coz need to consult parents etc, blah blah blah...but the downside to this is...if there's a couple ready to plonk down the deposit at any time after u make ur tentative booking, u have to be prepared to make a decision within a few days, even if that may be before the wedding show.
happy.gif

Cards - 3 new designs? Or 3 different colours, similar designs?
happy.gif
From what I know, Marriott has 2 new cards (3 colours and 3 types of print each). One is square, the other is rectangle. You can print them on red, blue or gold. Either the name, flower or monagram format. But you can't mix and match. If you take a red square one, for the flower print, that's 1 set. If you want say, another 100 pcs in blue square for the name format, that's considered another set, and the per set charges apply. That's what the printer (Lil'Art) told me. And for these new cards, it <u>must</u> be printed with Lil'Art. The older designs, you can print your inserts anywhere...Hope these helps
happy.gif

Hi Ting,
I wanted to have my PS at Marriott, but coord adviced that there's not much places to take. At most only pool, so he suggested not to "waste" that 1 location on Marriott. Maybe AD go there to take some pics before changing into relaxing clothes after check-in...

nuaster

Hi Mintee,
I'm not sure too why the difference but that time we really showed that we were ready to make the booking.
And perhaps also the procedure has changed as CSI Fan said.
Actually it is a common practice for hotels not to take tentative bookings before their wedding shows. That's my experience with some other hotels. Think they want to have the date available for interested parties during the show.

Hey shermaine24sg and CSI Fan, thanks for answering my query about the PS.
happy.gif

Me and FH deciding whether to use the new Marriott cards or designing our own. Do any of you know what are the charges like for printing at Lil'Art?

monkeyjay

Hi CSI Fan, have u printed your invitation card?

Yest i went to meet up with my "New" coordinator, Vincent is on hospitation leave. Luckily went down to meet him coz we have not choose our invitation cards Yet. He thought i have already collected my cards. I was like "HUH?". Felt i'm very slow... ken cheong now.

Gossip, heard you all mention abt the new crystal theme. I asked my coordinator he said the first one to use it will be mediacorp artiste Ben Yeo next month. hehe.. ehe said that day will have security coz a lot of artistes attending as well. I asked if i can go to view, he said can but got to be early. From the pics the new theme looks very nice. THink i will most prob use it as well.. at least its quite unique in a way.

sailormoonwt

hi Jay

welcome to the marriott family!
happy.gif

oh...u saw the new theme as well ... dont u find it a little bit too bare for the deco on stage? i tink they r trying to follow another crystal theme by Le Meriden but i felt theirs more romantic &amp; nicer feel loh ... Marriott one seems too cold liao ... then the twigs looks so bare leh...

do u noe when is Ben Yeo wedding nxt mth?

monkeyjay

Initially i also find it a bit bare but when i looked at the other theme, they are pretty much the same with those iron rods. Furthermore my wedding in nov (winter feel) so find it quite suitable. haha.. anyway got to see the actual thing before i cfm.

i think his wedding is on the 12th oct, just yest and i forgot but i rem is a thur.

kitty_li

Hi Jay!
Wah, haven't seen u in here for a while...
happy.gif

Yap, my cards are in WIP. I chose the new designs. They suit what I want better than the older designs (though not perfect...hahaha). heehee...Yah, Vincent is on leave. Hope he's ok manz...but good thing is, managed to get most of my things confirmed with him before he went on leave. He's quite prompt with his follow ups, so everything went quite smoothly...only left with selection of theme and favours and food tasting.

Oh cool, Ben Yeo's wedding at Marriott? hmmm...and they are using that crystal theme? Must go take a peek manz.

Yah, Jay, same here, I thought that while the Blue Sunset (crystal theme) seems a bit wintry and cold, it kinda fits that time of the year...Nov/Dec is like, just nice lorh. heehee...but yes, gotta see the actual thing. I'm planning to go see it at the wedding show, but now there's Ben Yeo's one...hmmm...

Hi nuaster,

For Lil'Art:-
<u>New designs</u>: $120 for the first 200 pcs. Thereafter $0.40 per pc. this new designs MUST print with Lil'Art. It's like a 1-stop solution. Lil'Art will do everything and then deliver to Marriott. You dun even need to go meet them etc. Can communicate over email.
<u>Old designs</u>: Not too sure, but I think it's like this...(a) on 120gsm cream/pink inserts - $100 for first 200 pcs, $5 for next 50 pcs; (b) on vellum/tracing inserts - $120 for first 200 pcs, $10 for next 50 pcs; (c) hotstamping - $120 for first 100 pcs, thereafter $0.50 per pc. Think for the older designs, may need to collect cards from Marriott and bring to Lil'Art. Not too sure...

If you design ur own and get Lil'Art to print, the cost structure will be different. Best is to check with Lil'Art.

elly80

Hi Phy.....

U looked splendid in your photoshoot...
I luv dat big tree root in ur day shot...can i knw where was that place?? hee

pebble_furball

For older designs, the service is the same. Liaise with printer via email and collect the inserts + cards from Marriott in 2 week's time from the date of confirmation of the print Job

monkeyjay

Hi guys,
just got updated that there will be a wedding lunch this sat using crystal theme. I will be going down at 11.30am. Anyone wanna join me? pls note that we are not allowed to view the wedding setup on the 12th of Oct.

kitty_li

hi jay,

aiyah, I can't make it this Sat...gotta work. Dun mind, would it be possible for you to take some pics and post it here, pls? Thanks!
happy.gif

Oh...not allowed to view ah. No wonder my coordinator told me there's no one using the theme yet, coz the new theme's official launch is only on 28th Oct...

monkeyjay

Sorry gals, i went to view the theme last sat, took some pics already. however my HTB is very slow in downloading, will do so this weekend or so. I will say the theme is very simple esp along the aisles, no flower decorations. A bit disappointing but at least it is something new.

kitty_li

Hi Phy,

Hehs...you can't wait to receive the cards huh? hehs...
happy.gif
I'm going to collect my cards in a few days' time...don't worry, you definitely get it soon...hehs... :p

dera

hello.. gals,

i had my wedding lunch at marriott on 30sep.. read u gals's posting on d new theme. i used d new crystal theme cos went to see other themes and it wasn't good at all. so might as well tried out d new one even though a bit scared hz it would turn out.

however, it turned out nicer than we thot. i think when jay leong went to see, it wasn't ready yet. d aisle was decorated with candle hanging on branches (oops...dunno d term for it), then flower petals along d aisle (i requested for it in advance, afraid too bare)...

my hubby n i like d arrangement.. romantic, cool and jazzy mood... esp with our hired band, it enhanced d overall setting. our guests like d deco as far as we know..

sailormoonwt

hi Dera ! COngrations to your wedding!
kao_wedding.gif

hey, can share with us yr photos when its ready? i m hving my wedding next yr May ... hvnt sign up the contract yet...intending to do so during their up-coming wedding in 28 Oct..

the new theme doesnt look very bare &amp; empty mah? wat type of flower petals did u ask them to shower along e` aisle?

Lastly.... u mentioned u had a band..was it a jazz band? i had intentions to get one for my wedding as well... but i heard its pretty costly... *stress* :p

kitty_li

Hi Dera,
Congrats to you!
happy.gif

Good to hear that your deco turned great!
happy.gif
was your wedding lunch held at the Grand Ballroom? Yupz, do share some pictures with us, yah? Thanks! heehee...

Hmmm, so the arrangement had the romantic, cool and jazzy feel to it? That's cool...coz that's my theme too, and I've been fretting over how to achieve that effect.

Hi Sailormoonwt,
I'll be having a live band too. Price wise, it depends on what you want. How many sets (usually it;s 30 min to 45 min per set) and how many pple (3, 4 or 5?). Different bands charge differently. Best is to email or call the bands to enquire. Gotta take note of whether you want the band to use a piano. Coz Marriott's grand piano is at the lobby (ground floor), while the ballroom is on the 3rd floor. Some bands charge extra for bringing in their own keyboard. So gotta equire properly before you decide.
happy.gif

monkeyjay

Hi Dera, i went there ard 11.45pm, so afraid that your wedding start early and i cannot view it. Oh ya, i missed out the flower petals along the aisle. Can share with us the finalised one? I will attached some pics first in the meanwhile, hope it helps. Oh i find your band performance very good, was there when they rehearse? How much does it cost you?
415272.jpg
415273.jpg
415274.jpg
415275.jpg

purpledropz

Hihi Dera, congrats to yr wedding
happy.gif

The crystal theme is impressive. Can share with me yr package? Mine's oso a Luncheon, hv not sign up though.

Hi Jay, I was there &amp; saw Charlene tat day too
happy.gif

sailormoonwt

hey Jay ... tks for helping us to take the photos &amp; post it here ...
happy.gif

mmm...i m nw waiting to see Dera photos ... cos i still feel abit bare in the deco wor ... esp the aisle...

hey CSI ... can advise sailormoon on roughly hw much is the cost? min cost to engage a jazz band? say a 4 pc band ... abt 45 mins of live music?

kitty_li

hi sailormoon,
I'm not sure abt a jazz band per se. mine is not a jazz band, but they can sing jazzy tunes. 4 pple (2 singers and 2 musicians), for one set of 45 min and another set of 30min. That's about $1k. Can't remember what's their quote for a 45min set. $700 for 4 pple?

chubbie82

Hi everybody,

Can anyone send me the banquet package that you all have signed up with Marriott? My AD should be somewhere in June 2008. Is it too early to be searching for hotels now? Btw, is there any min number of tables? Sorry for asking so many questions cos i am totally new on this.

Thanks a lot in advance.

My email is [email protected]

dera

hi gals,

having hard time to post up pics here.. cant get the dimension right but still maintain d quality.. so if ur interested, let me know ur email address pl..