Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel

sailormoonwt

hi am_blessed,

thks for the note ... yup, i oso like u..been reading the archives alot and note down those feedback by ex-Marriott brides so tat i will be more aware of the issues they faced...yup, they all shared the common feedback tat the shark fin soup too starchy...tink hv to remind them during food tasting & oso the wedding dinner itself.. as for their Wan Hao signature cripsy chicken..most of them give their thumbs up for it... looks like its a "must-have" dish on the table ooh~~
kao_wink.gif

kitty_li

hi sailormoonwt,

Hmmm, I think the thing is, most hotels would be the same lah...food tasting is usually better than actual wedding dinner. Food tasting, they only need to focus on ur 1 table. Actual wedding, they have to mass produce for at least 30 tables? So it might get a bit compromised. To mitigate that, one way is to select those "safe" dishes that wouldn't taste too far off kind lah...
happy.gif

sailormoonwt

yah u r rite ... cant compared those food served during food tasting against those served on wedding dinner...i guess beside food itself..their catering services (those waiter and waitress going round) r very impt oso..they must be alert enough t& proactive enough to serve and make sure the guests r well-attended ooh...

tks for the tip :p

twinstarz

hey gals..hvn't been active in this thread for awhile. only just settled by BS stuff few weeks ago...finally. now its time to get serious abt the banquet.

sailormoonwt, there's a wedding show this oct?! really? cool...i went to the prvious wedding show earlier this yr n it was still $828 nett.

sailormoonwt

yup twinstarz...tis is the info i get frm the other thread...

Marriott - 10/18/2006 2pm
FOC 4 1st 50 uob gold & platinum members (UP.$30 nett)

so u r a marriott bride-to-be? wat theme will u be chosing?

marky

Wow... There are quite a few Oct brides here ya... Me myself is also 1. Can the Oct brides here state their AD date?
Start off with me ya.

1) Marky 29/10

Cheers all...

sailormoonwt

Ladies!

i just confirmed that there is a Wedding Show on 28 Oct and the details are as follows:

Dream Weddings at Spore Marriott Hotel
Sunday, 28 Oct 2006
Marriott Grand BallRoom , Level 3
Time: 2.00pm to 5.00pm

Interested parties, please email to them at [email protected] or [email protected]

They will email u gals a registration form & u can fax them back yr attendance...

i tink for the 1st 50 UOB cardholders...free admission......

iceblink

hi sailormoon, it's me hee
happy.gif
about the food, my guests had no complains about the food generally except for the fish. and everyone gave the thumbs up for the crispy chicken & dessert, i chose the dumpling in almond cream. i managed to eat that before 'queuing up' to say goodbye to my guests, it was yummy!
happy.gif

monkeyjay

Hi Phy, i like your evening gown. Looks stunning and very nice.. shd have consider red colour, mine is peach colour.. have not seen the outcome yet. And the setting looks very nice too.. very romantic.. hehe..

sailormoonwt

hey phy! the link can liao...
happy.gif

u look realli gorgeous & pretty in yr wedding gown... very sweet gal :p

check with u ah...yr doorgift izzit the bell tingy? the image infront izzit Precious Moments one? cos i dun rem seeing tis when i went there to discuss with my coordinator 2 weeks ago..she showed me a few door gifts...but didnt see tis wor...

kitty_li

hey sailormoonwt,

the pic in front is not PM. Just a cute couple. Hmmm, maybe Marriott is doing away with the bells doorgift, that's why ur coordinator didn't show you?

Hi Leia (not sure if you still pop by here...hehs),
The new wedding cards are quite exquisite actually. At first, from the pics, I thought they weren't exquisite enough. Then I visited Lil'Art, and saw the real thing. Not too bad lah...not as exquisite as I would like it to be, but definitely better than in the pic.
happy.gif

Hey am_blessed, have you decided which theme and cards to use?

am_blessed

Hi Phy,
yeah...u look very sweet. the marriott lighting is great..so colorful and lively. your xiongdis are very creative hor...so did they use flowers to make the heart shape? can't really tell from the pic. All in all, the event indeed brought a lot of joy to everybody...esp to your mum, kekeke. she looks super happy.

Hi CSI Fan,
Still can't decide which theme to choose. I think that one not so urgent. As for cards, I will not take the card from Marriott, as I'll print my card in my hometown. Check your yahoo email, dear =)

leiatsh

Hi Phyllis,

Hee hee....rather busy these few weeks....just finished my PS and swamp by so many work :p

Thank you for ur feedback. It's a relief to hear that the new cards' designs are nice. So did u choose the new cards? Any idea if we can opt for different colours of the new cards?

I saw your PS...u look gorgeous and beautiful in those gowns. Fill with envy
happy.gif
Now I am wating to select my photos...dun know how the pics will turn out

leiatsh

oops...find out I attention wrongly...hee hee. Can't help...too blur to look properly.

Hi CSI Fan,

Hee hee....rather busy these few weeks....just finished my PS and swamp by so many work :p

Thank you for ur feedback. It's a relief to hear that the new cards' designs are nice. So did u choose the new cards? Any idea if we can opt for different colours of the new cards?

Hi Phyllis

I saw your PS...u look gorgeous and beautiful in those gowns. Fill with envy
happy.gif
Now I am wating to select my PS photos...dun know how the pics will turn out

kitty_li

hi Leia,

oh, how was ur PS? Where did u go?

I'm still deciding...nope, we can't opt for different colours. If we take different colours, it's considered a different set...and it's $120 for 200 pcs (subsequently 40cents per pc) in 1 set.

Hope that helps.
happy.gif

phy_o

Hi ladies!

Thanks for your compliments!
Yes, the doorbell was from Marriott and it's not a PM picture, no rights I think.

Yap, got that romantic feel, that's what I like about my theme.

Hey CSI Fan,

When is your AD again? I booked my tour already, wanna check if it clashes! So exciting, at least got honeymoon to look forward to!

phy_o

Hi am_blessed,

I think it's my jie meis who did the heartshape but the xiongdis stole the limelight. Haha ... We had extra petals from the church wedding. So to finish using all the things, I told my jiemeis to sprinkle flowers all over the floor to welcome the guests. Haha ... left it all to them.
happy.gif

kitty_li

Phy_o!!!!
Argghh!!

AD on 18 Nov...and 19 Nov. Does it clash? Shdn't lah...coz I know it's the 1st day of school hols. Dun think u'll go on tour yet, right...hehs...

btw, what's ur email addy? I've been trying to find ur email, but can't find it. And, well, didn't bother asking those guys lah...hehs...

mokamoka

hello everyone,

I'm new here. AD on Nov 06 marriot too. Going for food tasting soon. Had very bad experience with Marriot's coordinator Charlene. Very upset over the service. If I knew about this site earlier would have chosen Adrie. =( I may ask for a change in coordinator. I signed up with Marriot last year and was a different coordinator.Very prompt and negotiable on all things. Then Charlene took over the account this year. She's totally different,for 3 times, she has forgotten to reply my questions and went for her exams leave (2 weeks)and that left me freaking. And now, she called to say I have to top up for some of the dishes I wanted but luckily I had everything in black and white in the contract.She should have read through my contract before calling. What she did left a bad aftertaste. And also, she just drop me an email to tell me Marriot do away with all lobsters for their wedding menu and counter offered a duck instead. Imagine that, a duck in exchange for lobster but there was nothing I could do as its too near to my date to cancel the dinner. I had other friends who had dinner at marriot and went well. My conclusion,its the coordinator that made the difference, so I'm changing her.

phy_o

Hi mokamoka,

I think for Charlene, it's best that you talk to her in person. She's more approachable if you speak to her face to face and you can clear a lot of things on the spot. She's not so good with replying mails I think. I had her too. Felt quite frustrated for a while. But in the end, she'll make everything go smoothly for you.

kitty_li

Hey Phy,

Yeah! yeah!!
happy.gif

yah...I vaguely remember ur email address lah...hehs...but not sure if i remembered correctly. I searched my address book, but couldn't find it...hehs...

Okie, chk your email...

tokyodreams

hi my AD is on 21 Apr'07 (heehee still along way to go) & i have signed up with Vincent actually wanted to wait for the hotel bridal show in oct but tat day someone also want to book so i fast confirm liao lor

mokamoka

Hi Phy, Thanks for the advice. I read through the archived forums and it seems people are happy with Charlene's service and Marriott wedding team is new. My goodness, I've been living in one corner of earth. Guess, will try to work things out with her. =)

leiatsh

Hi CSI Fan,

We went outdoor shooting first cos the studio was quite packed that day. It was a sunny hot day and we were perspiring throughout. We ended our PS at ard 7pm plus...so tiring. We not sure how the photos will turn out....will have to see in a week time

kitty_li

Hi Leia,
Oh i see...wow, you must be quite excited abt it...
happy.gif
My PS is next week. hehs, I'll probably be feeling the same...

mintee

hi there Marriott brides, I'm interested in doing my wedding banquet at Marriott. Any idea how many coordinators there are at the hotel and who wld u recommend vs not recommend?

Have heard pretty extreme critics on Marriott. Either those who like the hotel generally vs those who said the food and service sucks. Is the food really a negative at Marriott and we shd just go in for the ambience, ballroom, etc?

Thanks for your advice!
talker.gif

kitty_li

Hey ladies,

anyone can remember what are the wedding favours available there? I only remember the magnet, bells and chopsticks...hahaha. can't remember what else they have.

Hi mintee,
I think the food is not bad. I guess it really depends how fussy one can get. Some fussy pple will find their food not so good, but others may find it wonderful...etc. Think the menu also plays a part lah...
happy.gif

On the whole, when planning your wedding, u gotta decide what is it that you want. Food or ambience or both.
happy.gif

mintee

Hi CSI Fan! I just visited them and Alicia showed me ALOT of wedding favors! Still have paper clipper(butterfly and dragonfly), mini wedding cake cardholder stand, red/white hugging figurine salt&pepper holder, mini wooden folk&spoon, key chains (either young couple hugging or old couple), rose bud tea in v nice rose box. To get the mini bride/groom bears, top up 20ct to 50ct per bear. I was quite impressed by their selection of wedding favours!!! And Alicia told me they are bringing in more selection in 2007!

Hehe.. i want both food and ambience leh! That is fussy hor?? ;) But of cos must also be comfortable with the wedding coord. I thought Alicia is v nice, but she promised to email me lotsa additional info I had rquested but never hear from her for couple of days liao! So wary of the service...

sailormoonwt

hello everyone! hvnt been dropping by for quite awhile...hope everyone is doing great!

hi mintee...welcome here! so when is yr AD date? nxt year mah? i m oso interested in holding my AD there...and like u, i hv heard the extreme comments on marriott ... but had learn not to take it too hard .. those neg comments, i will rem them and will brg up to Alicia attn & hope they wont happen to me on my wedding day... i hv not confirm anyting with marriott yet..planning to do so during their wedding show nxt mth..

so far, i met up with Alicia once & after tat , she didnt really call me or email me to follow up on my decision whether to hold it at Marriott or not ... she jus asked if i m interested to come for the wedding show or not ... mmmm .... i duno why but she seems not to be following up closely like other hotel co. leh ...

sailormoonwt

wow!! got mini bride/groom bears meh? last mth when i meet her...she says duno if she can help to bring tis in or not cos she says the supplier didnt include this wedding favour now ...

it will be great if i could hv bears bears as wedding favours!!!
happy.gif

mintee

Hi Sailormoon, yes there's mini bears. in fact it's not just 1 design but 3 or so, and of different sizes. But I've to say none of them are as nice as the ones at Pan Pacific Hotel.

My AD is not fixed yet as my geomancer wanted me to select the auspicious date only in the 8th lunar mth. What other hotels are you considering?
happy.gif
What was Alicia's response when u told her abt the neg comments that you heard?

pebble_furball

Hello everyone!

I have also signed up with Marriott and my wedding luncheon will be on 2 Dec.

Hope to share tips and preparation details with everyone here. = )

For a start, anyone has views on the wedding cards? I preferred the "older designs"...

kitty_li

Hi mintee,

Oh wow!! Soooo many different favours ah? Wah, good good...hehs...cham, like that how to choose/decide...hahaha. faint liaoz.

Hmm, mintee & sailormoonwt...sometimes, this kind of thing is a bit of "yuan fen" one...and also how we talk to them, I guess. When I was "hotel shopping" I liked Hotel A (one of the top range ones in Bugis/Marina area). But the coor also slow in follow up. Then I got to know the coor in Marriott, and she was good...in follow up etc. Even suggesting which credit cards to use to make payment, coz certain cards got eg. free gifts if charge more than $x kinda thing. But she's left for other hotels...and my present co-or is also quite good with his follow up etc...so, see yuan fen lah. hehs...

Hmm, ever thought of calling up the other co-or to speak with them for the info u want? What info were u asking for, btw?

Hey sailormoonwt,
I'm not sure about other hotels, but when I made tentative bookings with Shang and Four Seasons, (they usually say they will hold the date for u till X day), the co-or there also didn't call me back till 2 mths after I met them (by then already booked Marriott). So I think it's probably normal lah...maybe they will call if there's another couple who want that date...
happy.gif

Hi Ng H L,

I like the new designs...
happy.gif

mintee

Hi CSI Fan, I donno who are the other coords there so donno who to call to... :p There were quite a few things that I'd asked her then of which she donno the answers and said she would email me instead. Quite a few qn, so much so I can't remember all of them now! haha.. one of them I remember was when she invited us to go down this weekend to look at the ballroom deco as there are real weddings. She can't rem what themes those weddings are using so she said she would email.

Hey CSI Fan, when is your AD?
happy.gif

kitty_li

Hi mintee,
Oh...things like when there's weddings etc...so that u can go see the ballroom? That one...either u email them first, or u just call the hotel. Anyone will do. Coz I wouldn't expect them to remember...haha...

Alternatively, you can just pop by Marriott on ur own to peep at the ballroom. Afterall, it's in Orchard...hehs. Can go watch movie or window shop after that.

My AD's in 2 months' time.
happy.gif

mintee

Hi CSI Fan, this is not simply that I wanna see the ballroom lah. It's to see when it is fully decorated for actual event. since they said there are a few coming up, but can't rem which day what theme and said they will get back to me, they should right? Such follow up are as they had offered and so I wld expect them to indeed follow up lor.
happy.gif

am_blessed

Hi gals..

CSI,
hows's PS? U enjoyed or not ya? I did mine a month ago...so kiasu rite..kekeke. I've yet to meet Alicia in 2 weeks time..

Ng H L,
Mine is also dec luncheon. but it's later than yours. will u go for food tasting? need to pay ard SGD 288, if i'm not wrong, if we want food tasting. also for deco, need to top up $$. About card design, I think it depends on your liking...the 'older' one, I quite like the ivory. The newer design is more towards 'chic' style..my own opinion =)

Mintee,
I'm not too sure abt other coord, but from my experience, I need to remind Alicia 2 times within 2 days just to get her send me Marriott map (coz I need it urgently to put in the invites). So, my point is...sometimes we need to be a lil bit 'pushy' to them...kekeke.

pebble_furball

Hi CSI, am blessed,

Looks like both of you prefer the new designs = )

Maybe me and my hubby too "traditional".

am_blessed, why is your food tasting so cheap? Because Marriott is not giving me any discount (i.e. they charging on per head basis), I dont think I am going to pay for it. Anyway, heard that Wan Hao standards quite reliable, so no worries. = )

Yes, I am topping up for the deco..I understand that there will be a new crystal theme coming up. Am v keen on this...

kitty_li

Hi mintee,
aiyah, of course not to just see the ballroom lah! hahaha...so boh liao, go down just to see ballroom...hahaha. What I meant was, next week is lunar 8 month. Sure got lots of weddings one mah. So just go down every weekend lorh. From next week till end of the year, I don't think they'll be 1 weekend with no wedding...hehs. Just which theme only. Maybe email Alicia lah. If she doesn't follow up, either (a) it's her character, or (b) offer to follow up, but just too busy lorh. It happens, even in work, when we tell pple we'll follow up, sometimes too many other stuff crop up, we'll also forget one mah...or maybe so many other pple also asked for follow up, she might have forgotten lorh. Many possibiities. hehs...
happy.gif
She's not my co-or, but I've heard that she's quite nice...

kitty_li

hi am_blessed,

Yap, we enjoyed our PS. heehee...but my feet were aching after that. hahaha. Will see my pics end this month. Aiyah, u're not kiasu lah...mine was last min decision to go for PS one...hehs...
happy.gif

Hi Ng H L,

Hehs, guess it depends on individuals lah.
happy.gif
I have friends who like the older designs too...guess it also depends on the kind of overall theme you want for your wedding. If more of a rose theme, for eg., then the older red card design would suit it...kinda thing...
happy.gif

There's a new crystal theme? wow...sounds exciting...when will that be out? hmmm...

Hey mintee,

agree with am_blessed. Sometimes we have to be a little bit "pushy" with them. Afterall, we're paying, right? Can't just sit back and expect all to be done. Gotta take some control too...think this applies to everything - hotel, cards, BS, PG etc...Sounds stressful? yah, but at least it's a prevention of unhappy things cropping up. Then the whole process would be happier.
happy.gif

am_blessed

Hi Ng,
perhaps bcoz i signed up during their in-hse fair...tat's y got discount for food tasting. anyway, i also think it's really worth it..kekeke
Btw, when is the new crystal theme coming?

Hi CSI,
yalor..PS is a tiring event, yet it's fun, right?? I bet u can't tahan to c the results...haha

Hi Mintee,
I suggest you call her instead of emailing her if u want instant answer =). Good luck!

pebble_furball

am_blessed - you are v lucky..me dont have such luck. So when are u going for your food-tasting? Which lunch menu u choosing? Do let me have your feedback after you have tried the food = )

The new theme supposed to be revealed at the wedding fair coming up...heard from vincent that its v nice = )

I personally like crystals alot so will def want to take a look.