Silhouette the Atelier

orchid

HI mexx,

I collected my gown 3 days before the wedding. You can even collect it the day before the wedding.

You'll need to go for the final final fitting 2 wks before the wedding - in case you lost weight or gained weight. Collect the gown just before the wedding so that it doesn't get crumpled.

mushroom

Hi mexx,
noticed that you were deciding between Sil and Flamingo, may I know why you decided to take Sil in the end?? cos I'm also trying to decide btw the 2......giving me a headache, after I've visited 8 shops in a month!!!

pinkapple

hi mushroom,

may I kaypo kaypo a bit.

I was a Silh bride. I went to Flamingo too. erm.. At Flamingo, I didn't get to see the designer and I feel that the gowns in Silh give a more grand feeling. Flamingo gowns give me a more casual feel

mexx

Hi Mushroom,

I wanted a ball gown with embroidery and was deciding between Sil & Flamingo. Flamingo's a lot cheaper but I find their workmanship not as good so if I do go with them, I probably will give up my ballgown for A-line as I'm not confident they will make me a ballgown I'll be satisfied with.

On the other hand, My designer from Sil understood what I wanted and was very professional. Sil also happen to be the only place I could find nice ballgowns that suit my taste, + they do nice evening gowns too.

I finally signed up with Sil after talking to someone in the wedding/bridal industry who said the gown cutting & seams for Flamingo's not really well done. So in the end I figured I'll rather pay 1k more than risk my gown not turning out well. But bear in mind that there are also a lot of satisfied flamingo customers and shirley is quite a friendly lady too.
so ultimately, I think you should go with the designer whom you have better rapport with and confidence in. Apologies for the long posting but hope it helps !

mushroom

Tks mexx, for the advice. One of the reasons why I cannot decide is because of all the positive feedback from customers of both shops! Think I'll visit both places again to have a closer look at the gowns (this time I know must also look at the seams! ;) ) and talk to Miah and Shirley again, b4 making the once-in-a-lifetime decision!
Hope your wedding day goes smoothly!!

Pinkapple, tks for your feedback too!!! at this junction, me welcome all sorts of advice!

curious

Hi! SIl Brides

I understand that there are 3 designers at SIL. Does anyone know how they are related to one another? Btw was wondering whether one can change designer at SIL at mid-stages? :p

curious

Hi! Orchard

May I know who is your designer at SIL? How is he/she compared to the other 2 designers? Btw may I know how much you pay for your package? Thanks

orchid

Hi curious,

Miah was my designer. i didn't compare him with the other 2 designers. they're all pretty good.

my package was abt $3,100 - made-to-measure wedding gown, men's suit & hair/make-up. i didn't need the rest of the package so they cut down from there. also, my wedding gown was more expensive cos it was longer & had embroidery.

curious

Hi! Orchid

May I know when is your big day?
happy.gif

Btw will you be doing any indoor/outdoor photography? Who will you be using and how much is the $$?

curious

Congradulation to you! Thanks for sharing with me your wedding pics. They are all very nice and you look so pretty, sweet and natural in all of them.
smile.gif

May I know much you spent in all for Wesley's photography services etc? Did he return the negatives to you?

Btw your wedding gown is also very beautiful. Notice you did not have any pics on your evening gown. Care to share it with me too?
biggrin.gif

Cheers

orchid

hi curious,

the red dress in the studio pictures is my evening gown. i didn't get the gown from silhouette bought it off the rack from wedding gown sale organised by mywedding.com at 4 seasons.

yes, all negatives are returned to the bride. he gave me a special price because i'm a friend of wesley. normally, they will ask you what you need - studio/outdoor/actual day, black & whites or color, how long etc.... then will work out the price for you. can call then at 63422852.

sharz

Hi Orchid,

Sorry, i gotta rush off..unable to read this thread. Would you be able to drop me an email about the package you have with sil and the stuff they offered to you...thanks coz i m quite interested with this bridal shop. Btw, nice pics taken on your website...
oh yes, my email is [email protected]...
thanks for sharing

sally

Hi! All Silho Brides

May I know whether Silho lend the brides new "can-can" for photoshoot and for actual day. Also are all their veils and gloves new too?

A

ady

Hi! sally

you probably won't get much reply in this column as there are too few brides from Silho that comes to this forum. from my experience, most bridal will rent new gloves and veils to you. my bridal shop (Irene creations) rent me a brand new can-can for my actual day. Sorry, I am not sure about silho.

mint

Hi Sally,
Yes, they will lend you the "can-can" for both days.... I dun think the gloves and veils are new but they do look clean and white... I believe they send for cleaning after every bride...

L

loss

Hi Sally,

I am a silho bride and for silho they rent out the can-can for photoshot and all the accessories for your photoshot. My designer is so good that i got 2 Kua and my husband got a few more suit just for the photoshot.

sally

Wow! Loss
Your designer sure is very nice. May I know who he/she is? I am in the midst of deciding whether to go for Silho. ;-) I am now down to the final few details before making up my decision. hehehe

Mint
I do not mind if they provide gloves and veils that are not new but at least they must be clean and white. :) Btw do they provide clean/new can-can?

rhs

Hi Sally,
Yes, the can-can is clean. The one they have in the shop is not that nice becoz so many ppl use it. But for PS + AD they'll give u another one. Dun worry
happy.gif
They also lend u accessories (tiara, earrings, etc)

aries

Hi there,

I'm also a silhouette bride..it seems that very few brides in this forum are with Silhoutte.

My designer is Miah..he's good and very patient..

stylobb

Sally
I was a Sil bride. Perfectly happy w/ their service and gowns. Yes they wl lend u the can-can, and stuff. Their stuff is classy yet up-to-date. Made me look really good that I got lotsa compliments. Hubby/I thoroughly enjoyed our time w/ them.

sally

Hi! all

Thanks for sharing with me the info. The reason I want to know abt all these are because I hear horror stories from friends who ... after doing so much home work and all forgets to ask whether what they are providing are new or clean etc....so they end up having to pay for their mistakes...that is to tolerate not so clean can-can, gloves etc.

mint

Hi
I was also a Silhouette bride. Really enjoyed myself during my wedding prep with them. Kinda miss them now... hehe!! I think there are quite a number of brides here with Silhouette and most of them have good experiences with them... My designer was Amanda first then she left and Heath took over. He's excellent and very funny too.

Sally,
I think you can be at ease with their services.

stylobb

Yes, I agree with mint. I didn't read any really bad comments abt them. Anyway, Sally, best that u go down and meet them and gauge how u feel, chemistry with the designer is impt. My designer was Minda, she's great. She's really professional (not those who promise u the skies and fail to deliver type). Plus I like the space they have, so that when u try ur gowns, u can hv an overall view.

mexx

I'm a sil bride too... have gone for my first fitting and so far my experience with them has been very pleasant. My designer minda is professional... she will suggest some designs but also open to your ideas.... have heard that some designers dun really take the bride's input n that;s terrible.

they're good... of cos price is a bit more expensive too.

sally

Okie ladies ;-)
Thanks a million for all the advices. I feel a little more assured of the kind of services that I will received after reading all these positive reviews. :)

Hi, I'm another one of those confused brides going thru the motions of picking a BS. I was served by Miah when I went to Sil and my sis & I were v impressed by him. He was so pro that after trying a few gowns & me telling him what I liked, he was able to draw a beautiful design within minutes that was v close to what I had in mind (although I might be changing my mind abt what I like now). Miah seems so intuitive - knew what qns to ask and read me pretty well, which is invaluable since that's what we r paying the designer. Sil seems to be pretty versatile and are able to do both simple glam or elaborate gowns. Feel v comfy in their big studio with big mirrors too.

Now I'm torn between spending the extra $$ on a more expensive package with Sil or another BS which is cheaper & includes 15R photos/MTM tea dress, bearing in mind that I will top up for extra photos.

Can anyone advise on the digital photographers that Sil ties up with, estimated package px and the cost for top-up to 15R / additional pcs / collages? I know there is The Edge, but Andrew Choi & Chris Ling will be beyond my budget. Otherwise, may consider Robin - pls advise top up charges too.

Pls Help
happy.gif

yahkid2609

Hi all!
so glad to see postings here. am a Sil bride and i'm so happy with the service they have provided so far. my designer is Minda and she's been really great.

did you gals went Paragon a few days ago? Silhouette is doing a promotion with Loewe Essence and they are giving away this evening gown if you fit well in it... it's a gorgeous red gown. wonder if anyone of you tried it...

Hi 22,
I understand that taking ala carte is more expensive, but i'm using this photographer call Wesley, who only attached himself with silhouette. I think his work is great and he gives VERY reasonable price for the product that he's offering, and his business manager Jodie is very understanding, she will work out a package that fits your budget and give advice not to compromise the quality of the pict.
She is VERY flexible, and be able to give you a competitive package, and the best thing i like is there is NO hidden charges, like those extra rolls, or sometimes photographers make you pay a lot for just one extra photo. For Wesley, they return you all the negatives, and you can develop at your own cost whenever you want.

if you are interested, you can call Jodie at
6342 2852

can check out their website also, very beautiful black and white pict.

cheers

mint

Hi 22
Robin returns all negatives and rejected 3R photos to you.

Most important is to feel comfortable with your designer and photographer.

yahkid2609

yes, 22,
you have to feel comfortable with your designer and photographer. for me, i'm on a tight budget too, and i told Jodie the maximum amount i'm willing to spend on my photos and she somehow mix and match the package to suit my budget, and it's a package that engages Wesley both for studio photo and actual day itself.

really depends on what you want.

stylobb

1 more thing: at Sil, u wl be asked to purchase ur own corset for them to sew to the gowns. Makes sense to start looking for them at the dept stores like Tang's and Metro once u are signed on with Sil.

Robin is ok. But u hv to tell him at times what u want, eg to focus on the details of ur gowns, etc.

yahkid2609

hi stylobb

i don't think sil need us to buy our own corsets for the gowns... there's a corset for my gown also but am never told that i have to buy my own materials, especially if the corset is part of the design (unless you are talking about a separate piece of corset to accentuate certain features
happy.gif
).

well, no harm just calling up and checking with them
happy.gif

Wesley takes care of the artistic direction (angles, details, focus, etc), and if you were to look at his work, you would trust him for that.

cheers

yahkid2609

Hi, Stylobb, you are right, we need to buy our own corsets, but that depends on the design of the gown. Mine is low back so can't use corsets... but the top itself is corset-like, that's why I was not told to get one.

cheers

stylobb

LYY
U are right too, I was thinking of bustier. Most girls hv big hips so gotta to boost the top part a bit!! Plus we dun hv perfect figures. Heh.

tris

Hi,

Does anyone have details of Sil's packages? I wanted to email them for the details but was not able to find their email address in their website.

mint

Hi tris,
would suggest that you go down to check out the details of the package as every bride is different. Their packages are designed specially to suit you... there's no fixed package.

stylobb

Tris
Yes, what mint said is true, it's not the usual place where they hv a pkg. They wl see ur needs and they work it out accordingly. No point emailing, best to make an appointment, go down and see them. They aren't pushy so dun worry abt hving to make a decision right away. Their prices are probably higher than others but can assure u it is worth it. Happy sourcing.

yahkid2609

Hi Tris,
no need to worry about the package price first, call them, make an appt to see one of the designers, they will see what you like, make you try on a few gowns, discuss with you the design... with no strings attached. I did not sign up until my third visit, not pushy at all, and the price is very reasonable.

enjoy!

cubby

hi tris,

actually it happened that i went down yest to silhouette and got the package details...if u wan i can e-mail to u...

alternatively, u can drop by to take alook at their gowns..like the other gals suggested. they are indeed not pushy and nice!
cheers

mookie22

hi stylobb and LYY,
thank u for your feedback! finally got registered so that I could post messages.

i've called jodie but i'm afraid that their package is too ex for me, even before top-up for additional photos. but i do agree that their style is refreshing.

quite tempted to consider sil but the practical side of me still thinks that it is a luxury that i can do without. meanwhile, i'm checking out another bs and hope that i can come to a decision after that.

hi cubby, you've been really helpful in several threads around here! have you confirmed your bs yet? read that you've confirmed Panpac, yah? thanks for your suggestions with the hotels ;p (in Q1 04 enquiry and panpac)
i will prob confirm my wedding date (tentatively May 04) by this weekend and will seriously start looking at hotels for the dinner.

cubby

hi tris and ah boo,

ive sent the packages to u gals!
happy.gif

hi mookie22,
ur welcome & thks for the compliment... think all of us are here to help each other with wedding preparations right! me also was helped by many
happy.gif

good luck for ur search and feel free to ask if u need any help! cheers!