Silhouette the Atelier

mexx

Hi Mint,

Your package seems really reasonable. I was quoted $3780 w/o men's suit & photography. I'm keen to have my gown done by sil but also want my photos taken by a photographer using digital camera as I want all my photos back on cd-rom. Now having a headache thinking abt it cos I'm not keen to spend >$6k on photos + gown package.
Trying to decide between Sil & flamingo... cos there's a price diff of almost 1k.

mexx

Hi Orchid,

how much is the Sil package with Memphiswest ? Do they return all photos back on cdrom ?

passerby

Mexx,

It's once in a lifetime, I would say, if you really like the gowns at Sil, and can't afford the $1K difference, then go for it! Just so that you don't regret for not having your dream gown for the rest of your life.

abso1ute

Hi Mexx,
Agree with passerby cos when u look back, it likely is the gown tat maketh the bride... and the pics tat capture you in tat once in the lifetime moment... i feel tat such memories sometimes a bit bo-bian must spend a bit more

cassie

thanks, mint! was also wondering who the other makeup artists they work with. need someone good with long hair and natural makeup (i'm pretty fussy)
happy.gif

mint

Hi cassie,
Not sure which other makeup artists they work with but when I read all the good comments about Freddy from this website, I just decided that I wanted him and no one else. He definitely din disappoint me.
happy.gif

woodstock

Hi Priviledged,

If it's Jasmine Tiong you are talking about, then I think she is good. She is my make-up artist for my photoshoot and I looked natural in the photos. My hair is around shoulder length- which is quite an odd length (neither long nor short)- but she managed to create 4 very nice hair styles for me. I would say she is very versatile in her make-up and hair-styling skills.

priviledged

Great! Thanks woodstock. I have Jasmine as my make-up artist too. My photoshoot is in May and I have not booked a trial date yet, but I'm reassured by your comments.

woodstock

Jasmine's very friendly, you wouldn't have a problem feeling comfortable with her. Just let her know if you have any preference in make-up or hairstyles. Otherwise, she is great in coming up with something that suits you.

mexx

Hi,

Did anyone engaged Andrew Choi as photographer as part of the silhouette MTM package ? Could u share the package $ quote and whether it includes men's suit or not ? thanks

besse

Hi Mexx

I believe that the package with Andrew Choi as the photographer will comes up to S$6000 with the men suit in.

orchid

Hi mexx,

not sure how they charge for digital. i paid for normal charges cos i signed up before they got in their digital equipment. You can give them a call at: 63422852.

poox

hi orchid

from the pic above, u had your wedding at wesley methodist right? i'm going to have my wedding there as well cos my fiance from there but have never attended any weddings there before. Care to share how's the wedding there like? where to have the tea reception? can friends come in to decorate the pews, where would the reception table be etc?

mexx

Hi Besse & Orchid,
Thanks for the info. We've decided to sign up with utopia instead. Fiance was impressed by their albums he saw at silhouette.

besse

Mexx..

Cool. .. .. me seriously considering Sil now.. but still a bit on the high side compared to BV.. but the ambience there is much more relax... so who's your designer? I considering between Miah and Minda...

besse

Hi Poox..

We have confirmed our banquet to be held in Fullerton. Do hurry to confirm if you have some dates in mind.. they are being snapped up fast leh

poox

hiee besse

that's great! u've paid the deposit and stuff? so did u manage to get some extra perks?

now my turn to change date cos my fh's church is not avail on public hol..........gotta call fullerton to check other dates...wish me luck
happy.gif

besse

Poox..

Yeah.. we just went down to negotiated last nite to confirm the details to be stated in the contract. Once the contract is drafted up and details confirmed, we will pay the deposit.

Elizabeth told me that there's 3 couples on the waitlist for my date... lucky me, i managed to call them in time when the other couple released the date.

Anyway, weekdays should be fine.. unless is a very very auspicious date!

orchid

Hi poox,

Wesley's sanctuary is very very nice for weddings!! (ahem! of course i must say that lah heehh) but really, it's lovely. it can make a simple wedding look grand. the main section can sit 500 - 600 people. The sanctuary rental price is $250.

Floral arrangement is done by church floral ministry ($150). Flowers will be used for service the next day. Couples can choose their colour theme but cannot choose the flower type. don't worry, it will turn out lovely.

Pew flowers provided are false flowers. You can provide your own pew flower decor. it's about $3-$5 per bunch from florists. you will need 30 bunches if you have pew flowers on both sides of alternate pews for the whole aisle. can save money by having more organza & less flowers.

Throwing of roses & confetti are not allowed.

There are 2 guest signing areas. One at side entrance (where the bridal car & bride will be at). A small table is provided for guest signing, need to provide your own table cloth. Space is quite squeezy this side. If you want a bigger signing place and space to display photos etc, you can use the area near the main entrance infront of info counter. you will need to get your caterer to setup tables with skirting if using this entrance.

There are 2 reception areas - Foyer & Plaza. The Foyer is right outside the sanctuary. The Plaza is a big open space 1 floor up - good if you have more than 200 guests. You will need tentage for both areas. Tentage is from the church contracted tentage company - white tent = $300/panel, marquee = $700/panel. u need about 1 panel for every 100 guest. You can decorate the tentage/reception area anyway you want.

Weddings in Wesley are only on Saturdays. There may be more than 1 wedding a day. If there are more than 1 wedding, the couples will need to meet to decide no:

a. flower colour theme.
b. pew decor - to get fresh pew flowers? type of pew flowers? organza? cost share?
c. tentage - if > 1 wedding reception in an area, the couple can share the cost of the tentage.
d. who do what? who to tell the church secretary?

exchange email addresses after the mtg and coordinate from there. also need to get friends to come down the day before to decorate.

here's the picture of my church decor. pew flowers from my florist.
18274.jpg

mexx

Hi Besse,

My designer is Minda. Both my fiance n I find her very professional... so I'm confident that she will be able to make me gowns I like. One of my close friends has just signed up with her too.

I think it's important to find a designer you feel at ease with, so I guess it depends on whether you are more comfortable with Miah or Minda. I didn't interact with Miah, so can't really comment about him.

Take care if you're choosing bridal veil. There are people who had a great experience with them but also some who had an awful time with them. Depends on whether you can "click" with the designer or not.

happy shopping...

poox

hi orchid

thanx for all the info on your wedding at wesley. Must say, the church looks really grand and nice. Actually i really wanted to have it in my own church....the place is not as grand but i grew up there....thought it'll be more meaningful to have it there......dunno...mix feelings...

Besse
guess we'll cont our chat on Fullerton at the Fullerton thread.

silk

Hi there all,

I have signed up with Sil as well, my wedding's still a whole year away though!

Minda's my designer, she came highly recommend, and is really nice! Am now trying to decide my EG design, and can't seem to find The One yet. Freddy was also a factor why I picked Sil!

Orchid, I'm going to use MemphisWest as well - Wesley and Jodie are such a wonderful couple, aren't they! My fiance, who's quite concerned about photography, really really likes the style and I think we'll probably also do studio shots with them. Bu mine isn't part of the Sil package, am contracting seperately with Wesley - don't think they do a formal tie up, do they?

Anyone interested in looking at their portfolio, it's at www.memphiswest.com. You can also read the touching testimony about Jodie's battle with an illness.

orchid

Hi poox,

Wesley is great if you have many guests and it is definitely nice if you want a 'traditional' sanctuary. many people like to have their wedding there but too bad, all filled up with our own members' weddings. You can also request for your pastor (from your church) to do the service if you want.

Btw, all couples getting married in Wesley must go through a 10-wk marital preparation course. i thought the course was really good as it prepares you for what to expect in a marriage - includes teaching & discussions in small groups. discussions are quite fun cos we get to speak to other couples going through the same thing, share tips... etc.

Hi silk,

I don't think silhouette formally ties up with any of the photographers. they allow them to place their photos & contacts there. clients need to contact the photographers themselves. the photographers might give some special rate or discount to silhouette.

glad you like their pictures!! i love that he is able to capture the 'moment'.

btw, Wesley's Yunnan pictures are now on exhibition at Funan Center, Epson showroom. u can take a look if u want. it's on until 15 Apr.

poox

hallo orchid

thanx for the advice. do u personally worship there as well? we dunno many people there and my FH is not formally with any small group...

well we'll think about it carefully.

cheers!!

miumiu

hi all,

i visited silhouette n was so happy n satisified with the gowns! i tried on a bustier gown with a 3m long train. it's with embridery n silver beadings. heard that the bride just got married on 8 mar. any idea if the bride is in this forum?

silk

hi miu miu,

what was the train like? was it a long seperate piece that fans out at the end with an oval embroidered design in the middle of it?

which designer was your appointment with?
I have booked with Sil as well, but have not gone for first fitting yet. trying to lose weight first!

chubby

Hi miumiu,

I'm a silhouette bride too and coincidentally, I have a 3m long train gown...
happy.gif

But I'm not too sure if I'm the bride you're talking abt coz my wedding is on the 28th March instead of 8th march...
happy.gif

However, I'm pretty surprised though, coz Minda was telling me that mine was one of the longest train gown she's ever done so far.. coz it created quite a bit of hooha as the gown is so big and long.. :eek:p I should've heard from her if there's another gown that's as crazily long as mine! :eek:p Mind if I ask if the gown u try on have a bit of frilly organza at the top of the bustier portion? And an inverted-V flap at the back, with embriodery all over the back of the train? Just curious...
happy.gif

miumiu

hi silk,
the gown is an otr...it has silver beadings and embroidery in front and at the back of the bustier as well as some at the back of the skirt of the gown....hope u understand wat i mean...no very good at describing...the train is not a separate piece but is attached to the gown...my designer is minda...

miumiu

hi chubby,

i don tink u r the bride cos minda says they won't release the gown if your wedding is not over....i don tink any bride would like the idea that some ppl has tried on your gown even before u wear it for their BIG day right?
biggrin.gif

btw my gown is without organza...it is totally duchess satin. according to minda, the previous bride was rather tall, cos when i wear it, it is 6 inches too long for me...btw i m 1.61m....

so u must be getting excited abt your wedding day right?? coming closer...

i be gg to silhouette tmr evening to take pics of myself in the gown..come along if u want to c the gown...

yvonne

Hi chubby and muimui,

I am a sil bride too and my designer is Heath, he did a 2.5m long train for me and my wedding is 23 Mar, when I go there next week, I will tell Minda to show me your grown if possible cos very interested to look at grown with long train, most of the brides that I saw in Sil usually go for short train and when I told Heath to make me my grown, he complained that it took him so much effort cos I requested for lots of laces, however my problem now is that my grown top looks a bit too transparent, I used organza as the top and cover with laces at the important area, that's all, therefore to many people, it is too transparent :-(

swisschoc

hi yvonne,

o u have a pic of yr gown? the way u describe it gives me the idea that u be very "bare" on yr wedding day...
biggrin.gif

there are 2 guys at silhouette.which one is health?? the one with the beard? is yr gown a white or off white?

chubby

Hi miumiu, u're right, I wouldn't actually fancy the idea of having my gown being worn even before my big day! Guess a lot of the gowns there are pretty similar, classic design with embroideries...I'm also abt the same height as u..hahaha...thank god my hubby is pretty tall, so my big gown won't overwhelm him! Though wedding is drawing near, I still dun feel that excited yet..coz I still seem to be quite slack..hence seems like time is passing by quite slowly...hehehe...
smile.gif

Dun think I can go Sil tomorrow coz I need to be at my new hse tomorrow evening to wait for my new bed! This saturday is an chuang..so the bed better arrive soon! But I'll be at Sil next thurs for my second last fitting...coz I told Minda I've put on weight and she'll definitely need to alter for me...oh no..sigh...

Hi yvonne, glad to hear that u've a long train gown too! My frens were like all saying I'm crazy to want such a long train..makes me feel kinda "kua zhang" also, coz a lot of my frens' gowns are normally reasonably short gowns and pretty clean cut..make mine feel so "full of cloth"
crazy.gif
... so I'm still pretty normal afterall, coz it seems there's quite a couple of brides here who seem to like long gowns! :eek:p I'll be at Sil for my fitting next Thurs, so maybe when u're at Sil to pick up ur gowns, hopefully my gown will be there and u can view it...
Seems like ur gown's pretty sexy, huh? Minimal coverage? Heheheh...too bad I dun have a good figure (as u can guess from the nickname I have), so I can't flaunt anything..everything needs to be covered up...hahaha...
blush.gif

miumiu

hi chubby,

where's yr wedding going to be held? it's on a fri right? me not gg silhouette today, cos fh got to study for exam...
sad.gif

yeah i tink gowns with long train has to be accompanied by tall fh...if not, they would look so small beside us
rofl.gif

prob go down next week...would love to c yr gown though...wat time u gg down next thu?

chubby

Hi miumiu,

my wedding's gonna be held in Panpac..and yes, it's a Friday night...when are u having and holding ur wedding?

I've made an appt with Minda at 630pm on thursday...easier for me coz then it's after work...do drop by if u can make it that day then.
smile.gif

miumiu

hi chubby,

my wedding will be 21 feb 04. now still deciding where to have the dinner buffet. i will only be inviting 40 to 50 guests. now gathering quotations from fullerton, alkaff mansion n raffles. how many tables have u got?

actually me shd be chubby2 cos me also ba ba...hee
biggrin.gif
now also trying to tone up
happy.gif

what's the schedule like for yr wedding daY?

chubby

Hi miumiu,

I'll be having abt 46 tables. Initially was 40,then the list increased as we drafted...so...sigh.

Hahaha...I still managed to lose a bit of weight before my photoshoot, but after the phototaking...and after CNY..whatever I've lost came back again...so worried that I can't fit into my gown anymore...coz I feel I'm just like a rubber band... :eek:p

As for the schedule..I am seriously quite slack..haven't planned anything yet...but I've got no church wedding, so should will more time to play around with. Morning ceremony, then some outdoor phototaking, back to new hse then parent's place, then to hotel..and slack somemore! Hehehehe... then at night's the dinner already...
proud.gif
)

Take your time to source around la...dun need to rush...think fullerton should be quite nice, though I've not been there myself, but comments are pretty positive in this forum. Alkaff mansion would be good too, for a differnt sort of wedding..like ang-moh style like that...should be pretty romantic! Think abt it and go visit those venues to get a feel for urself la..dun rush..
happy.gif

miumiu

hi chubby,

that's a lot of tables. have u got a lot of relatives?

so 2 more weeks to your wedding.any special feeling?

who was yr photographer n where did u take the outdoor shoots?? need some recommendations for ps. how much did u spend in total for your bridal package?

chubby

Hi miumiu, between me and hubby, we both have abt almost 20 tables of frens and colleagues..so that created half the bulk of it...then the rest of the tables are almost equally split between both side parents..
happy.gif

Hehehe...actually I still dun feel anything yet leh...maybe coz it's still quite far away to me...even though it's just 2 weeks. Probably coz we see each other almost everyday...
happy.gif

My photographer was Robin...almost wanted to splurge on Chris/Kim, but decided not to coz of the reno costs for hse and everything. The bridal package with photos costed me abt $5188 (something like that), but additional photos costed me another $2K odd...so all in all was abt $7K. We went to Sentosa for photoshoot coz it's a place where we can get the greens and seaside and some old colonial buildings all within 1 roof...and as we left for outdoor shoot quite late in the afternoon, we couldn't venture to far and go few places, so sentosa seem the logical choice. Not a bad place to take pics afterall, I must say.
happy.gif

priviledged

Hi Chubby, how was Robin as your photographer? Was he easy to work with? We've engaged him too. I hope he can help me to hide my fat arms!
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
. Did he drive you all to Sentosa or did you go in your own car? Who was your make-up artist?

Wah, your train is SO long!! Are you having a church wedding? I think it would look really splendid down a long aisle in church, like Princess Diana's train.

mint

Hi Chubby,
My photographer was Robin too...very fun guy to work with...pls do share your photos. We went to a church in Hougang, Changi beach and Tanjong Rhu for our photoshoot. Actually I wanted to go botanical gardens, but it was so hot that day that Robin suggested these places for us. I must say that it turned out well.

Hi Priviledged,
For me, both of us went around in Robin's car. My make-up artist was Freddy. I also have fat arms but I think it's not very obvious in the photos. You can view my photos at http://photos.yahoo.com/pamgordon
happy.gif

priviledged

Hi mint. Thanks for sharing your photos. I really like the style, very natural. Your 'fat arms' are not obvious at all. I think my arms are fatter!!
lol.gif
. My make up is being done by Jasmine.
Wasn't that you in one of the SB front pages last month or two?
Good. Now I feel more at ease.

chubby

Hi priviledged, Robin is a very frenly and funny guy to work with...dun worry abt it. He'll make u relax with his "language"...he's quite ok, except that I find that he's not detailed enuf... e.g when my wedding ring was a a bit slanted, he din notice and the photo turned out with a slanted ring on my fingers...another thing was I was kinda sad that he couldn't capture the details of my gown that well...coz I've got lots of embriodery on the back of my train, but those turned out to be just white in photos...details weren't seen that clearly..other than that..everything is pretty ok..
happy.gif

We drove Robin to sentosa instead, perhaps coz he knew we drove...my make up artist is Freddy..pretty good and also super funny...he'll really make u relax for ur photoshoot!He does very natural make up too, so I would say no complains for the makeup..
happy.gif

Both hubby and I are not Christians, so we won't be having a church wedding...but coz all along I dreamt to have a long gown where I can march in, so I decided to stick to a long gown and march in in the banquet aisle lor...
happy.gif
Thank god Pan Pac has got a long aisle to march in, so not too bad la...
happy.gif

Hi Mint, I've seen ur wedding pixs...hehehe...guess since it's the same photographer, I find quite a number of similar poses as urs!
happy.gif
Ur so-called "fat" arms are not fat...mine is really much fatter...and flabier...and some shorts din manage to cover my fat arms...! I've not uploaded my pics on the net coz dunno why it takes very long to upload...but I'll try again...will email u gals again with the link when I'm done with it!

mint

Hi Chubby,
Now that you mentioned, you're quite right about Robin... he also din take my details of my gown
sad.gif
... I guess we should have mentioned it to him...

mexx

Hi all,

Just wondering when silhouette will allow us to collect our wedding gowns... do we get our gowns just the day or few days before wedding ? Or will we be able to collect it a few weeks before the wedding....
would be great if someone can advise. thanks

mint

Hi mexx,
I think it shouldnt be a problem if you wanna collect a few days before your wedding. I collected mine about 3 days before. Why do you need to collect a few weeks before?