Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel

kat22

Hi, everyone!

Jolene - I met my coordinator yesterday and I must say his wonderful service and flexibility really win us over!

We confirmed the ballroom decor yesterday. Knowing that I was dying to hv candles for the guest tables, he was willing to check with the florist if they could improvise the floral decor for the guest table to include tealight candles for me! I was truly happy with that. I know I might not get it but it is the fact that he was willing to try
happy.gif
He offered some other things to us as well which we din request for.

Somehow all the previous unhappiness (abt hving no more exclusivity) and disappointment (abt the tealight candles) I had just dissipated after meeting Alvin last nite!
proud.gif
We were truly convinced that he is a great coordinator and we had no regrets choosing Sheraton..their service is indeed excellent!

So, excited, give Alvin a call...you wont regret it!

partygal

Hi Kat22,

Glad to know that Alvin's service in good. Are you able to share what the other things are that he gave which you didn't request earlier. Thanks.

jolene

Hi Kat,

Glad that you had your wishes fulfilled. Can share with me your extra goodies????

Me at home now. Got sore eyes and was given 2 days MC... Luckily it happened this month and not next month... Can't imagine myself being a red-eyes bride...

I

idah

Hi Kat,

r u able to share wif me wat r the extra goodies dat he gave u??

u can e-mail me at [email protected]

i will be having my food tasting tomorrow..

thnxxx...

idah

stress

Has anyone been to a wedding in sheraton that has solemnistion before banquet or has anyone did this personally there? Where was the solemnisation held?

kat22

Hi, stress

I will be hving my solemnisation before the banquet. The solemnisation will be held in the ballroom itself on the stage. If you wish, you can also do it near the waterfall area
happy.gif
Are you hving your wedding banquet at Sheraton too??

E

excited bride

Hi Kat22,

I am caught in a dilemma here. I'm also having my solemnisation done by the pastor in the banquet ballroom. However, my dad who is supposed to walk me down the aisle can only do so at abt 9pm due to his work commitments. Will it be too late to start the dinner by then? My wedding dinner is going to be on a Monday....=(

You mentioned another alternative: Doing the solemnisation at the waterfall area - but that area is pretty small, how do we accomodate all the guests in that area?

kat22

Hi, Excited Bride

Hmm..seems abit late to start your dinner at 9pm. Your guests will definitely be hungry and I doubt they are keen to stay very late since they need to work the next day. How abt walking down the aisle with just your bridesmaid, flower girls & ring bearer? Alternatively, you can start the dinner first and hv the solemnisation ceremony during the second march-in...this alternative is abit weird lor..normally shld be ceremony first.

For the solemnisation at the waterfall area, I understand from Alvin that you can only accommodate abt 20 guests. Therefore, this is an option only if you wish to keep it a small affair.

Sorry that I couldnt be much help. Maybe your coordinator might be able to offer you a better solution?? Who's your coordinator?

J

joy2003

Hi Kat,

I know I am rather late.. but can I trouble you to share with me what are the extra goodies that Alvin gave to you?

My e-mail account is at [email protected]

Many thanks!

T

tae

Hey guys talking about ST do u know the AV technician the chap, when my friend hv the wdg thr we nd the projector, they were prety rude to us. I think the name is Imran.

minmin

hi hi everyone

i just checked out sheraton. and i must comment, alvin is indeed a very good coordinator! and the range of food, wedding cards ..!!! the concerns we have though are the L-shaped ballroom ... can everyone see us on stage then? and the price .. is there anyway we can lower the pacakage price? is it possible for him to structure the package to meet our budget requirements?

J

joy2003

Hi Minmin,

Sheraton will be having their bridal show this coming Saturday. If you are keen to sign up with Sheraton, do go for the show cos' there will be discount given for their banquet package.

I signed up with them in Mar this year during their bridal show.
happy.gif
Yup, I do have second thoughts about the L-shaped ballroom, but their flexible menu won me over.
happy.gif
Actually, no worries cos' there are no pillars, your guest will be able to see you.
happy.gif

All the best to your considerations
happy.gif

jolene

Hi gals!

I am back from my wonderful and beautiful wedding dinner on 15th Sept!! Had a really enjoyable time with all my friends and relatives. Everyone said the food was very good, serving was more than adequate, service was prompt and excellent and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. My colleague even "tabao" the mango pudding back home!!! hahahaha...

Sheraton really was the perfect choice for the perfect wedding. We met up with their banquet staff about 5pm for a rehearsal and they patiently played and replayed our march-in songs. The sound system was great and music was played at the perfect timing. We enjoyed ourselves very much and will bring with us perfect memories for a beautiful wedding.

So to all Sheraton brides to be, enjoy yourselves on your special day!!

kat22

Hi, Jolene and all Sheraton brides!

Just came back from my honeymoon yesterday
happy.gif
Like Jolene, I had a really wonderful time at Sheraton
happy.gif
My wedding was on 22 Sep. Everything went so well..from food to music
happy.gif

The ballroom set-up was so beautiful...I got tea candles on the VIP and guest tables and they really looked lovely! No worries abt the L-shape ballroom..everyone can see the stage
happy.gif
Hw, if you are also using Ballroom 4, you might want to take note that your guests might initially not be able to see you when you march-in. I din use Ballroom 4 so it was ok. My guests also commented that the food was very good and unique
happy.gif
The food was even better than during the food tasting!
happy.gif
I agree with Jolene that the sound system was very good..abit soft initally but ok after we told them to increase the vol.

Only complaint would be that they made a mistake with the event program sheet display near the staircase. They indicated 2 wedding dinners at The Ballroom when it shld be 1 at The Ballroom and 1 at the Function Room. Luckily we discovered the mistake when we went there in the morning to take outdoor pics so it was amended well b4 the banquet. Do get your helpers to check to make sure the display is correct..it might confuse the guests and leave them a bad impression!

I am really glad I chose Sheraton Towers 'cos my wedding dinner went really well and hubby & I had a fabulous time!
happy.gif
Thanks a million to everyone at Sheraton Towers, especially Alvin!

To all Sheraton brides to be...dun worry..you are in very safe hands!

I

idah

Hi everyone especially to-be Sheraton brides,

Me too very happy with Sheraton Towers... I juz had my wedding on 14 September... everything went well, my friends, colleagues, relatives etc commented that da food was simply yummy (very gd) and the ambience was simply fantastic... Some of my colleagues even commented that they wanted to hold their daughter's wedding at Sheraton Towers...

I am really satisfied with Sheraton Tower's service and they are simply the best especially Alvin who was my wedding co-ordinator... he is simply EXCELLENT, FANTASTIC AND THE BEST!!! I have no regrets about him... The staff at ST from the captain to the waiters and waitresses were very patient during the rehearsal.

My husband and myself simply enjoyed ourselves on our very day and will definitely bring back lovely memories.

Once again, thank you Sheraton Towers for giving me and my husband a PERFECT WEDDING!!

cheerzz

idah

S

sj

Hi Kat,
did Alvin actually charge you for the tea candles that you had requested for the guest tables?
How is the complementary designer suite in ST? Is it roomy and is the ambience wonderful? Never got a chance to visit the hotel room there cause it was fully booked during the weenend when we visited it.
Also hope that you can share with me what are the extra goodies that Alvin gave to you?

My e-mail account is [email protected]

Thanks for advising.

C

comments

Hi all

Just to share my experience after I attended a wedding at Sheraton

There was some hiccups if i'm not wrong. one was the first dish presntation. It also looked awful when only two or three waitresses went on stage for the first dish presentation. It's kindof strange. ALso the music stopped even before the couple went on stage

Lastly, the service was atrocious. pardon me for saying but most of the waitresses I saw that nite were muslims and they were horribly rude. They cleared your plate by brushing their arms or hands past you and a few times, I could feel their hands brushing my fringe. I'm not exaggerating.. my bro-in-law even had some stains on his shirt accidentially spilled by the waitress with NO apology

Plus, the place where the couple did the send-off after the dinner didn't look appropriate..It was like in the middle of nowhere

Though the decor was nice, especially the centrepiece and the wedding cake, it was not a very pleasant experienec. ANd if I'm not wrong, it's not cheap either ..

I guess reason why I sharing this is because as brides, most of you won't get candid or genuine comments from friends or relatives who attended your weddings. Thus, I hope those who are thinking of getting Sheraton can keep these pointers in mind..

linz

Hi, I just signed up with ST at their wedding show on Sat. Can I know what to expect of now? I have paid the full deposit and not get any agreement? What is next? Will I be getting the agreement as promised on that day? With the promised perks? I am very worried, will they try to be funny, since I have made the deposit? Pls advise. Thank you very much

linz

Oh and also, any comments whether the waterfall landscape looks nicer at night or in the daytime? Have not seen its night view.
happy.gif

M

my

Hi linz, why did you pay the full deposit? I tot those who booked at their wedding show need to pay $500 on that day and balance of $2500 when you sign the contract?

Who is your coordinator? I have also booked with ST on Saturday too...

linz

Hi my, my coordinator is Eng Yan. She was very nice and helpful. And we were very satisfied with her service. She asked if we are comfortable with paying the full deposit. we though ok with it since it's more or less fixed..only when we pay at the cashier then we realised how come no document given to us at all..but it's too late. And Eng Yan assured us will send the agreement to us within a week or so.

How, are we being foolish? Will there be any problem, like what if the perks are not in the agreement?

kat22

Hi all

SJ - No, I din hv to pay any extra for the tealight candles
proud.gif
Alvin managed to get an arrangement that includes the candle at no additional cost! I understand from him that they will be offering that as part of their package now. The suite I got was very nice..it has the architectural theme..very modern and nice! Quite roomy although I hv seen bigger ones. I guess the extra goodies are most prob not extra..just that your coordinator might not hv told you yet...anyway, we are allowed to exchange the normal fruit cake for any fresh cake they have in the hotel. Alvin did go the extra mile for us in many ways...for example the supplier cldnt deliver the potpurris on time as we were late in informing Alvin the quantity we wanted, Alvin specially arranged another potpurris for us. We were so touched. Hw, I am sure it is not just us...Alvin will do the same for all his couples
happy.gif

linz - dun worry. I paid my deposit fully but the service I got from my coordinator after that was equally superb. There were some unhappiness initially over some changes that we were not told (you can scroll back to my previous postings), it all disappeared after we see how hard our coordinator tried to meet our needs. My hubby and I were very fussy and demanding but now, we are satisfied customers of Sheraton
happy.gif

linz

Hi Kat, so you also paid the full deposit before you sign the actual agreement drafted out? Sorry to bother, but could u share with me what are the steps from now...?

kat22

Hi, linz

No, I paid full deposit only after I sign the actual agreement. Sorry, shld hv made that clearer. I just wanna say that my coordinator has provided me with stuff that were not even stated in the contract. If he wants, he can easily just adhere strictly to our agreement but he didnt. He make sure that he try to meet our demands within his means.

Hv you negotiated with Eng Yan the items yet ? As long as there is a verbal agreement, I am sure she will put them down in the contract. Afterall, they hv a reputation to maintain! So, the tricky part for you will be additional items you wanna request for. From my experience, whenever possible, my coordinator will try his best to satisfy us even though it is not in the contract. Of course there are things where we requested for but were rejected..hee

Dun worry ya..I am sure they are not only after your deposit...it will be a bigger loss to them if you decided not to hv your banquet there
happy.gif
Meanwhile, take a look at the contract and continue to negotiate with them. Good luck and enjoy the process!
happy.gif
happy.gif

leong

Hi All,

I had also booked my dinner with Sheraton Hotel on Sat. My coordinator is Eng Yan. Has anyone have her as coordinator before? How's she?
Also, what other suites themes do they have at Sheraton? All the suites face the Environmental Building rite. I find the suite a bit cramp.
Those who had been to the Bridal Show on Sat, do u remember the setting whether is it decorated with tea light candle? Also, i'm planning to have 30 tables. But my main concern is whether will all the guests see me when i march in.

linz

Tks Kat. Just have to keep my fingers crossed. Cos' 1st time, so a bit worrying whether or not they will keep their word, and I have heard horror stories in other places.
sad.gif

Hi Lye Yin, I agree with you the suite looks very cramp. One of the smallest I have seen so far amongst the 5 stars hotels. I was actually wondering if they have any suites which are facing the pool...they didn't show on that day.

Anyway, the decor does not have tea lights candles. I think from the above postings, the tea lights only available from the previous florists? ST brides, correct me if I am wrong.
happy.gif

L

ly

Hi Linz,

My bf and I actually preferred the garden view. But when I asked Eng Yan that day, she said all rooms face the Enviroment Building that side. Is it true?
Can u remember what's the decor at that day's show?

kat22

Hi, lyeyin

I only know French, Oriental and Architectural themes...dun know the rest. I saw the French theme one and find it quite small. In fact we were surprised to find that the architectural one seem bigger. Maybe it is the size of the furniture..the french poster bed made the room seem so cramp. Dun choose the oriental theme..heard it wasnt very nice..Did you see the Deluxe suite? It was quite spacious and very nice! Too bad I wasnt able to get 2 nite's stay at the Deluxe suite. Anyway, I was told that Sheraton is essentially a business hotel so their suites tend to be smaller compared to other 5-star hotels...I asked them 'cos I also find the suites small compared to other hotels. :p

linz - It's ok...I will be as worried as you are too...I hv heard of similar horror stories where service stds just dropped after you sign up. There is no doubt that you hv lost some bargaining power liao but I am confident Eng Yan will be as gd as Alvin
happy.gif
Jolene has Eng Yan as her coordinator and I think she is very pleased with her service too
happy.gif

linz

Hi Lye Yin, I saw 2 themes that day...one was electic..the other one I cannot really remember...they look all the same to me anyway ;p
Both rooms I saw face the main road...

Kat - do you have any idea how much it will costs to have the deluxe room (top up?)...the normal suite is really too cramp..how to have friends and family come in and have fun?

Now it's only the suites' size and the agreement that bothers me. The rest such as food and service and grandeur all that, I think ST is very good!
happy.gif

K

kn

Hi gals
Can you share with me how are your packages like when you signed up on Sat during the show? How much per table, any corkage, any free beer, how many room nights for the suite, other goodies? I'm looking around. Shortlisted Sheraton, Hyatt, Mariott and Hilton. Please help. Thanks.

M

my

Hi KN, if u were to sign on last Sat, u will get $50+++ discount to the original price of $800+++/table of 12 pax...However if you were to sign up from now till 19/10(i think), you will get 2 nite stay at the suite, free flow of beer, food tasting for 10 pax for 9 dishes, free chair covers for all...did I miss out anything else?..

L

ly

Does anyone know whether is there corkage charges for wine and liquor?? Whether can they be waivered??

mae

Hi ST brides, is it true that there only 3 waiters standing at the stage for 1st dish presentation? Sounds weird isn't it?

K

kn

Hi my
Thanks for your info. $800+++ is it for weekdays or weekends? I have asked Sheraton previously for their package and it was 750+++ for Mons to Thurs, 800+++ for Fris, Suns and Public Hols and 880+++ for Sats and eves of PHs. Did you sign up on that day?

M

my

hi kn, $800+++ is for weekends..so after discount was $750+++..and linz is right..ur wedding must be before 31Aug2003.

Yup, i signed up on that day...

linz, corkage is waived for liquor only rite? Wine not included rite?

btw gals, do take note abt corkage waiver for hard liquor does not include wine...and nowadays pple drink more wine than liquor..my FW and myself nearly missed out on that...

L

ly

ya...seems that corkage charges are not waived for wine.

my, did u get the coordinator to waive the wine corkage charges for u?

L

ly

wat other freebies did u ask for at ST bridal show?
Did u ask for day room for helper, anniversary dinner/hotel stay, floral decor for the reception counter, guest book, coresages?

M

my

hi LY,

Yes, they gave us corkage waiver for wine for up till a dozen bottles..

Nope, I didn't ask for a day room for helper, and floral decor for the recep counter..may probably ask for decor for recep counter when i see her next time..

hotel stay is 2 nites, guest book is in the package, corsages not needed as our bridal package will include. We also managed to change 1 dish to a more expensive dish for free.

frankly speaking, we actually went there prepared to ask for the things we wanted..and who knows they are very accomodating and also that day's show has special package which meets 90% of our needs. So couldn't be much please with them. We went to 3~4 hotels/restaurants and found we have difficulties asking for the things we requested..some reputable ones "conveniently" forget to revert back to us...

linz

Lye Yin, what was your package like when you signed up? Did u ask for any of those you mentioned above? Like guest book, floral decor? Shouldn't it be in the package already? ??

M

my

eh, sorry, I went back to check and found out there is no wine corkage waiver for us..I have mixed up some other hotel packages with the ones we got from ST.

Anyway, I might be asking him to waive for us...see how things go first since we got quite a hugh number of tables..

L

ly

how many tables did u book?? also, will they be able to convert any unused dinner tables that nite to a lunch/dinner to be eaten on another day?

piggy

Hi Kat,

Was very interested in having tealight candles as well. However, my coordinator (not Alvin) said that there will be a charge from the florist for the tealight candles.

Was just wondering how did the flower arrangement with the tea lights turn out? Were the tealights floating in a bowl with flowers around? Or were they just added on to the original floral arrangement?

How did you manage to get them for free when my coordinator is charging me for them? Sob? Your wedding was pretty current so the florist should still be the same person rite?

Sad Piggy

kat22

Hi, Piggy

I think the flower arrangement with the tea light candle is very nice. When you say there will be a charge, it will be just for the guest table's arrangement, rite? I understand that the VIP table's floral arrangement will come with the candles.

For my guest tables, the candle is placed in small plastic candle holder in the centre surrounded by 3 roses. Very hard to describe..if you are interested, I can email you the picture which Alvin sent me previously.

Anyway, for my case, when I signed up in Dec 01, candles were included as part of their std floral package at that time. They were using Woodsville florist back then. Hw, Sheraton changed their florist in March this year and I was told that no candles will be provided for the guest table floral arrangement liao. Of course we felt abit cheated lor so sorta complain to Alvin abt it. I think Alvin also felt bad so he tried hard to get the candles for us from the florist. I guess that's why we got it for free
happy.gif

When you sign up, was it the same florist or Woodsville? If you saw the current florist's work when you sign up, then I guess they wont give you the candles for free lor.

piggy

Hi Kat,

Yup, the additional charges will be for the guest tables. I specified before I signed the contract in Jan this year that I love tealight candles (which I thot was a pretty standard feature for most hotels)and my coordinator said she'll check for me. However, it turned out that there is going to be a charge. Now I'm wondering if the arrangement with the tealights is worth the extra cost?

No idea who the florist was when I signed up
happy.gif
blur blur. Anyway, how did your floral arrangement turn out? What flowers did they use?

Could you email any pics that you have to [email protected]. Appreciate it greatly
happy.gif

Piggy