Serious FInancial Help Needed. Pls help me

azminoor28

Hi, i am azmi, 28. i recently resigned from my work because of conflicts at work. currently i sincerely wish for a financial help/loan of $8888 for my wedding dowry. my marriage is on the 24 of june 2012. i had made wrong budget planning and suffering right now for it. i sincerely hope someone would kindly help me out on this. i dun mind to sincerely met in person with my fiancee if ur sincerely and kind enough to help us. we been in love for 5 years. we did our savings and its all given out for the wedding preparation. the most biggest mistake is not setting aside enough money for my wedding dowry. so i sincerely hope anyone out there , who went thru marriage, who understands the pain, can seriously help us coz we are so much in love. thanks. my hp is 92475640, hers is 91178731. pls do help us. thank you.

powder

i dun believe your marriage will be smooth if the decisions are made this way... u're asking openly for a loan from strangers when u just quit your job and have no means of paying. how would u be able to service your loan? u need a donation, else u Will make the loan a donation... and i'm being kind with words here.

u can cut down the dowry or postpone it abit. the wedding can still go ahead.

else, just postpone the wedding and put your priority looking for a job. i have no idea how anyone can think this way and hope to get ahead in life... u can be in love for 20yrs and that doesn't mean u can be reckless with financial matters.

this being your first post, there's not gonna be much credibility.

azminoor28

im starting a new work very soon, a stable one since i already went for interview earlier. i cant postponed the marriage {how i seriously wish i can do that} and i cant cut the dowry since its her parents request. if u do however have any possible solutions, im srsly open to ideas since my mind is point blank right now. i even thought of suiciding at a earlier point of time.

azminoor28

the good news is my fiancee gotten herself a job at ica which gives a $8000 sign on bonus but she only get $3000 later part month of june. so im not sure wat to do. if its donations, im sincerely wish people could help me with this. i dont usually do this but i got no choice.

powder

u are sooooo in love, getting married... and SUICIDE can cross your mind over 9k?

u can't cut dowry? ok, postpone it... have a token one first, and Follow up with the big one when u guys get your sign-on bonus, and job and whatever...

the problem with most pple who think like u is - u Want IT, u Want It Now... Regardless of whether u can afford it. that's how most pple end in debts they cannot handle.

if other pple have to plan, postpone, strarve or suffer to get there - they simply do it. what makes u the exception who needs help? i personally find it wiser to help the True needy... yours is not a needy case but a "i want" case.

u think it ends here? with the Same kind of thinking... both of u will stretching for a house, then furniture, then appliances etc...

i bet your Sofa will cost more than mine. i realise alot of pple who earn wayyyyyyy lesser than me have more expensive sofas than me... i have no idea why until today... that's my acid test when i go into any house - the darn sofa.

don't mean to be rude, but it's really not wise for u to borrow money for dowry, when u can simply push it back. your sense of priority is warped.

susanna_low

Other than scam, I think of nothing else. It is unbelievable that a pair of educated couple with the female starting a job with ICA can't fork out a few thousands.

I dun see the reason of the wedding can't be delayed when there's another 3 weeks n not 3 days. Furthermore if the parents of the brides allow the daughter to marry u, but can't negotiate on the dowry??

Even if financially strapped, both family, relatives, siblings n even closed friends can't lend a couple of thousands after all if there's really a wedding, the green angbao can be used to repay the loan too.

However if the bank/credit card turn u down, there's still legal money lender, jus flip the papers will do.

Not too long ago, ppl scan on medical fee but it was reported that medical care can be give/admitted even without cash upfront, nw new tactic is on wedding? What's next?

susanna_low

Not too long ago, ppl scam on medical fee, waiting to approach ppl at the ATM, cook up sob stories of no $ for hospitalisation n scam victim on $, some bring babies ard neighborhood n claim no $ to ur milk powder n beg for $, others scam on motherhood forum for freebies, clothes, after it was reported that medical care can be give/admitted even without cash upfront, nw new tactic is on wedding? What's next?

I am not trying to be rude but if we can't afford, don't own and no money then don't buy. It's simple math. If your fiancee's family loves you like their own, the more they should understand because they want the best for their daughter as well. Be a man and make the right priorities first. Work hard and save money, there is never free meal in this world.

Likewise for medical bills, if can't pay and your finances are in dire straits, there are always government welfare groups that can assist. That's provided you take your pride and ego aside.

Bro, you have a pair of hands and legs, put it to good use. Much that no one wants to see you in such predicament but poor financial planning there is no one to blame but yourself. I went through it so I can fully understand how you feel.

I am sure you can make the best out of it.. But it is wrong to ask people donate in this manner, you are not elderly who is abandon by kids, born disabled without family or even the recent case of the Ferrari/Taxi accident where the taxi driver was the sole bread winner of the family.

Anyway, hope you can come out of this a better man. Have a little faith.

By the way, we are all sincere people here and I can vouch for some because in my darkest moment here, I have gotten a lot of good and sound advise here.

So again, we didn't mean anything bad but just trying to let you know, no money for marriage does not equate to a right for donation. Both can never put together, donation is to help those that is in need of real help, can't work to put food on table etc etc...

susanna_low

For the kind peeps out there, DO NOT EVER GIVE $$ out TO ANY PPL out of sympathy if ever they approach you, be firm n say NO. IF THEY PERSIST, DIAL 999.

1. <u>Scammers who claim their loved ones are hospitalised</u>

And a Malay series fraudster
http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Crime/Story/A1Story20120427-342526.html

2. <u>Couple who push a baby stroller n claim no $ to pay for milk powder</u>.
Whether it's a couple pushing a stroller claiming no $$ to pay for milk powder or door to door carrying a infant to ask for $$, firmly say no $$ n ask them to leave.

3. <u>Ask for freebies/loan online</u>
Cook up cock n bull sob stories to cheat for freebies on line. Please do not taken in and start to buy foodstuff/groceries/give cash. File a police report if you ever encounter any.

Like what torn say, refer them to the social welfare or the police, please do not GIVE IN BECAUSE OF KINDNESS.

If people who know them can't even trust them enough to lend them a loan, what makes them think that strangers online will?

If you feel that u've been scammed, please proceed to file a police report online or make a trip to the nearest police station. Even if u can't get ur $ back but it will be good to warn future victims n also to bring the fraudsters to justice of at least 2years jail sentence.

Please note that a HARDCORE serial Malay fraudster has just been released after a 2yrs jail sentence (cheating from various forums inclusive of SMH, SB, FP, Cozycot), she might register a new nick and start cheating again. Beware.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2/2821567.html?1300875817

susanna_low

Scope, this is being straight forward. I have given brand new clothes/baby stuff to this fraudster who cook up cock n bull stories abt being a single mum n even drove to deliver the items to her doorstep, i was abt to buy more stuff for her when my hb stopped me fr doing so.

Who noes when I reach her hse, her hse was very nicely furnished, spacious with computer in the room.

When I explode her, she was still defensive n years later, I was still stupid enough to fell prey to her scam as she registered new nicks in the forums cheated me n other mummies of total up to 62 scam cases.

With the help of media, police reports were filed against her n she was sentenced to 2-3yrs jail sentence. Fr wat I noe, this hardcore fraudster was just released n might strike any moment of a new registered nick so be aware,

rofthelper

azmi, you are asking your wife-to-be to part with her sign-on bonus to partake into the wedding dowry?

This is as if your wife is helping in "selling" herself..... how come this $8888 wedding dowry cannot be reduced? I'm confused.

azminoor28

i am not a scammer. i repeat, i am not a bloody scammer. i am here to listen for help. its more like im looking up for ideas and help. if the dowry can be reduced im more happier. pls do not think likewise. im a clean guy with a clean record. and yes i discussed wif my fiancee already. i just started work today. im here in this forum to listen to ideas and help.

1)the idea of postponing is out of question
2)her sign on bonus has already been discussed between me and her
3)i cant take any financial loans currently coz i juz started working and they told me it requires at least 1 yr working stated thru cpf statement.
4)i am sincerely looking for ideas and help. any codemnn i can swallow since i am the one who put myself in this predicament as my budget was over.

miloice

"the idea of postponing is out of question"
Care to share why?!?

You have no money... It is not a luxury nor option for you to choose. Its something you need to face. Get real.

miloice

do u have insurance?? Loan from your own insurance, pawn your valuables. Don't you have family and friends? As much as others want to give the benefit of the doubt, no one is a carrot head for the chopping.

powder

azmi,

if weighing all things... the Only possible thing is to do the dowry thing Concurrently in time with the wedding... then we'll go back to square 1 of taking a loan.

now... forget loadnsharks legal and illegal... there are co-ops that should be able to help u. u can always pledge a collateral, or even a pawnshop for that matter... u should have something/a few things u can pledge to raise the money.

any money collected during the wedding should be taken to repay the loan immediately.

personally i dun wish for anyone to help by lending u money... it makes no sense, and there are more needy purposes if we were to lend or give money away.

azminoor28

thank you for all the thoughts and ideas, even the sarcasm. thank god i managed, in my own terms, sold all my belongings like my laptop and desktops, gaming devices,periphals,my precious diablo 3 and toys collections and thankfully i managed to get all the dowry money. god is great. i learned my lesson to value every single drop of money , realising my hobby of collections and gaming periphals like my laptops and desktop would actually helped me get the titanic dowry amounts. thanks for ur help and concern everyone. thank you. :D

watching

You forgot to do your kissy-kissy gesture that is supposed to go along with your thank you-Oscar award speech. Muah ! Muah !

powder

that's good to hear. i learnt this lesson some time back as well... there's nothing like cold hard cash. but good thing abt some hobbies - is that u can actually Sell the stuff u bought... watches, gold, etc...

i think u got out of this a Winner! and u'll always win if u hold on to the lessons...

rofthelper

You can really recover $8888 from all these junks?

Hmm... I must really take a look into my storeroom liao. :rolleyes:

==================================================
thank you for all the thoughts and ideas, even the sarcasm. thank god i managed, in my own terms, sold all my belongings like my laptop and desktops, gaming devices,periphals,my precious diablo 3 and toys collections and thankfully i managed to get all the dowry money. god is great. i learned my lesson to value every single drop of money , realising my hobby of collections and gaming periphals like my laptops and desktop would actually helped me get the titanic dowry amounts. thanks for ur help and concern everyone. thank you. :D

cuclainne

wow. just read the article shared by powder.

not many people are earning combined income of $8000 and above. and honestly speaking, a lot of people who are in debt belong to the lower-income group.

the golden rule is to not spend money that you don't have and if you really want something, then save up for it.

a lot of times, people just want to keep up appearances and don't want to 'lose face'. and the credit card companies are making it easier for more and more people to rack up debts by offering 'specials' if they sign up.. i get so many phone calls daily that it's annoying me.

xuer21

Seriously, as I read the main story and subsequently the responses... I still feel that its a scam. Everything can be discussed... and yet financial is such a sensitive topic... which person in their right mind will ask for a loan here without even trying other ways...I am sure u have ur pride too... but now i doubt so... must wait until ppl scold or being sarcastic then say go and sell all those stuffs... honestly, i dun believe those stuffs can fetch u $8k.... if yes... then my house lots of items can easily fetch me 10k! Just sometimes feel so pissed just seeing such ppl post this kind of topics online.... really think we born yesterday ah?

powder

depends on the size of your wallet, your sexual inclination, size of your generosity &amp; love.

pple like u come up with STUPID statements like these that do nothing for anyone except to make yourself look absolutely empty in the head when making such statements.

DanielHo

The advise i can offer is to reduce the quality of the drowsy or your wedding. It's the intention to create a luxurious event that incur this debt, so by tracing source of the problem is to amend your needs.

If you cannot get a $3000 per table, then go for $588 or lesser.
Don't be the creator of your own misery