SEPT 2016 BTB

ohmytego

Wondering when are you guys doing GDL? Cuz I'm not sure when I should do mine.
My AD is on 09/09 but Ghost Festival is 15/07-31/08.
Isit a must to do one month in advance?
I was planning to do on 01/09.

slackbtb

I'm a 25/9 btb! Feel so slack after reading this thread :eek: we've only settled the venue and wedding bands so far. Heard a few stories about being rejected by countless JPs so we did contact a few JPs but those who responded said its too early for them to confirm their availability. :confused:

Oh and is anyone planning to go overseas to custom make their bridal gown? We're skipping the pre-wedding photoshoot and ala-carte gown from BS is not cheap!

jyy27

I'm a 25 Sept BTB too!

Settled my venue,BS, AD PG&VG, wedding bands and JP too!

Pre wed photoshoot in May! Now looking MUA for my mum and MIL. Estimate to print invitations in June and food tasting in July. Won't be doing anything in August since it's the Ghost Festival.

Will be sending out Save the dates this end of the month! :)

Thinking of doing guo da Li two weeks before the wedding day but MIL wants to check out on the auspicious date and the an chuang date too.

As mine is a luncheon, I'm having tea ceremony and ROM before the banquet starts.

Any brides have idea for the tea ceremony at hotel, do the hotel provide the tea itself or we have to cook the tea at home and bring over?

rinee

I'm a 25 Sept BTB too!

Pre wed photoshoot in May! Now looking MUA for my mum and MIL. Estimate to print invitations in June and food tasting in July. Won't be doing anything in August since it's the Ghost Festival.

Thinking of doing guo da Li two weeks before the wedding day but MIL wants to check out on the auspicious date and the an chuang date too.

As mine is a luncheon, I'm having tea ceremony and ROM before the banquet starts.

Any brides have idea for the tea ceremony at hotel, do the hotel provide the tea itself or we have to cook the tea at home and bring over?
My hotel provide tea and the tea pot and cups! I think you can request from your coordinator to provide. Alternatively, my friend use to bring packets of Yeo red dates tea.

katyew

My hotel provide tea and the tea pot and cups! I think you can request from your coordinator to provide. Alternatively, my friend use to bring packets of Yeo red dates tea.
My hotel provides tea n tea cup too. N yes you gonna check with your hotel coordinator

santajean

I'm a 3/9 btb, doing lunch hence will be solemnizing on a separate date (30/5). GDL will be done abt 2 weeks before rom in May and an chuang will be done on the same day.

House reno will only be done next year cuz bto not ready yet..

I think August (7th mth) will more or less still be doing some last min stuff like decorations/scheduling/meeting up w the jiemeis to go through stuff etc.. But most of the stuff should be done by July..
Yah! We left only 4 months from now, March - July.. Since Aug is lunar 7th month cannot do anything..

santajean

Wondering when are you guys doing GDL? Cuz I'm not sure when I should do mine.
My AD is on 09/09 but Ghost Festival is 15/07-31/08.
Isit a must to do one month in advance?
I was planning to do on 01/09.

I'm a 10 sept bride, and I will do my GDL on 3 sept. usually is 2 weeks in advance for GDl.

jyy27

Thanks girls! I'll check with my hotel coordinator!

santajean

My MIL is super duper superstitious, so basically she won't allow us to do these during that period:

Choose gown
Photoshoot
Buy jewelry
Collect keys from BTO
Cut/color hair
GDL
Choose photo

Basically, EVERYTHING related to the wedding she won't allow. So we'll just follow suit lor. :D

jojoning

I'm a 3/9 btb, doing lunch hence will be solemnizing on a separate date (30/5). GDL will be done abt 2 weeks before rom in May and an chuang will be done on the same day.

House reno will only be done next year cuz bto not ready yet..

I think August (7th mth) will more or less still be doing some last min stuff like decorations/scheduling/meeting up w the jiemeis to go through stuff etc.. But most of the stuff should be done by July..

thanks for sharing.. mine would be hard, will be holding lunch and soleminzing on 3rd sept itself. and worst, getting a resale house my 1st hdb appt scheduled till April, will only get the house earliest end of May or start of June, quite unlikely my house reno + moving can complete before August T.T

jojoning

My MIL is super duper superstitious, so basically she won't allow us to do these during that period:

Choose gown
Photoshoot
Buy jewelry
Collect keys from BTO
Cut/color hair
GDL
Choose photo

Basically, EVERYTHING related to the wedding she won't allow. So we'll just follow suit lor. :D

Cut/ color hair as well? i thought if doing it only 1 or 2 weeks before.. can't be doing that 1 month before, won't it be too early?

rinee

thanks for sharing.. mine would be hard, will be holding lunch and soleminzing on 3rd sept itself. and worst, getting a resale house my 1st hdb appt scheduled till April, will only get the house earliest end of May or start of June, quite unlikely my house reno + moving can complete before August T.T

I am in similar situation. What I understand from most IDs is that the whole renovation probably take about 8 weeks. Maybe to shorten the time to renovate the hse, you can start looking around now.

jojoning

I am in similar situation. What I understand from most IDs is that the whole renovation probably take about 8 weeks. Maybe to shorten the time to renovate the hse, you can start looking around now.

I have not source for any ID, have to do it over the weekend now.. have to start once I get the house..

alac

Hello Sept BTB. Im 10Sept bride.

Pre wedding shoot- taken last yr oct in korea
BS for actual day - Rico
MUA - Rico
Dinner banquet - Goodwood park hotel
Looking for PG+VG
AC and GDL will be on the same day 1week 1 week/ 2weeks before AD (master long said after AC must have ppl sleep on it)

alac

so did you intend to follow master long practise? Aft AC mus have someone to slp
I will follow his advise. He has many many years of experience so should be good to follow his advise. "Old ginger is spicier"
Does not need virgin kids to jump on the bed or sleep on it. just anyone will do, like parents or urself or ur HTB, So long got someone sleep on it.

sthm

anyone keen to join the whatsapp group chat for Sep btb, it should be much easier to chat from thr :)

Last edited:

tulipkiss

I will follow his advise. He has many many years of experience so should be good to follow his advise. "Old ginger is spicier"
Does not need virgin kids to jump on the bed or sleep on it. just anyone will do, like parents or urself or ur HTB, So long got someone sleep on it.

I like his advices too! he actually laughed at many of such "traditions" and told us those are not traditions or auspicious at all. but he also added that if the elders really want the couple to follow certain traditions, "just do it lor".

alac

I like his advices too! he actually laughed at many of such "traditions" and told us those are not traditions or auspicious at all. but he also added that if the elders really want the couple to follow certain traditions, "just do it lor".
Yes, he quite funny. To him he said last time our grandmother era or even older era where got ROM or sign paper de. Signing the paper is just for the law. Last time once you went tru traditional ceremony or tea serving, consider married off. Which I find he makes a point there.

katyew

Hi ladies, my ROM and actual wedding lunch will be on the same day. My intention is during solemization to wear short dress and during march in to wear long gown. Not sure when my hubby pick me at morning can I wear the short dress with veil? And when I reach the hotel for the banquet to change to the long gown. Do you think it look weird for short dress with veil? Can give me some advice pls ? Thanks!

sthm

Hi ladies, my ROM and actual wedding lunch will be on the same day. My intention is during solemization to wear short dress and during march in to wear long gown. Not sure when my hubby pick me at morning can I wear the short dress with veil? And when I reach the hotel for the banquet to change to the long gown. Do you think it look weird for short dress with veil? Can give me some advice pls ? Thanks!

would prefer in long gown

sakuragal05

It's been awhile n we all have 5 mths to go... I recently had took my pre wed shots n had selected the photos. Can't wait to see the fianl edit and the lay out mostly next mth.

Hav you heard the Wedding photos which been edited till cmi recently... Very scary.....

katyew

It's been awhile n we all have 5 mths to go... I recently had took my pre wed shots n had selected the photos. Can't wait to see the fianl edit and the lay out mostly next mth.

Hav you heard the Wedding photos which been edited till cmi recently... Very scary.....
Ya.. my selection Of photos this Fri. Yeah.... it Been so viral in Facebook yesterday. Btw, ur photography is from bridal or free lance?

relaxbtb

Yeah. Anyone know which bS is that?

I am a bit lazy, only selected my BS early this week. Going to choose my dinner dishes and find GDL items soon.

My photographer is from BS. Wanted to get free lance but it's not any cheaper than BS.

katyew

Yeah. Anyone know which bS is that?

I am a bit lazy, only selected my BS early this week. Going to choose my dinner dishes and find GDL items soon.

My photographer is from BS. Wanted to get free lance but it's not any cheaper than BS.
It's feline. .. it's was reported in chinese papers

sakuragal05

Ya.. my selection Of photos this Fri. Yeah.... it Been so viral in Facebook yesterday. Btw, ur photography is from bridal or free lance?

Mine is under BS. I actually was worry the outcome might not as good due wecan't pose naturally n photographer had to gudie us... but lucky when we saw the photos, it's look fine... :)

sakuragal05

I'm a 25 Sept BTB too!

Think quite a handful of 25/9 BTB too .. aas I am also 1 of them .Wanna watsapp chat together to discuss? PM me if you are interested.