SEPT 2016 BTB

jyy27

Just a thought when do brides give out the formal invitations? Before or after the Guo Da Li? Together with the cakes which is given to the relatives?

santajean

Just a thought when do brides give out the formal invitations? Before or after the Guo Da Li? Together with the cakes which is given to the relatives?

usually it's 2 - 3 months before AD to give you formal invites. I think it all depends on when your GDL is.
Like mine is 2 weeks before, hence it'll be too late already..

santajean

Morning all BTBs!

What's your wedding idea for dinner? Like most BTB here will remove childhood montage, replace with certain clips.. What's your idea?

santajean

I was thinking of doing a clip of telling what's our first impression of each other, when was the first time the crush happen and so on. :p

relaxbtb

We are going to be modernise a little. Might not have so-called 安床,will just get a new bed and my HTB will sleep on it before the ceremony.

rinee

Reporting in!

May I know if there are any recommendation for MUA? Not sure what is a reasonable budget for it.

rinee

I'm looking for MUA for my ROM as well. I think it varies, depending on what package you require eg. AD/ROM/pre-wedding

Hmm still deciding whether to have AD package or just ala carte. Having an afternoon banquet so MUA is only required in the morning?

rinee

I am trying very hard to have a simple wedding. Haha. Minimum efforts required.

Too many decisions, so hard to decide.

jojoning

Hi, any 3rd sept btb would like to share your dates and plans for guo da li, an chuan, or house reno or moving in related and etc? Since the date is 3rd day after chinese 7th month.. do you all plan to do everything in July?

Rib6on

Any 25Sep BTB? hows ur preps?

For me wedding banquet, bridal, photography & instant photo booth -> confirmed

Hmm.. I have will be taking my wedding photo shoot in mid July.. Food tasting as well.

Printing of wedding cards in May..
GDL Haven prepare yet going Malaysia or taobao to get the items.

MUA - Haven find any yet. Any recommend ?
Wedding traditional biscuits, where to buy ?

katyew

For me wedding banquet, bridal, photography & instant photo booth -> confirmed

Hmm.. I have will be taking my wedding photo shoot in mid July.. Food tasting as well.

Printing of wedding cards in May..
GDL Haven prepare yet going Malaysia or taobao to get the items.

MUA - Haven find any yet. Any recommend ?
Wedding traditional biscuits, where to buy ?
Am a 18th sep btb n wedding shoot on 23rd mar.. it's seems to be too early. A btb also commented so early?? Hence that not sure if this is good or bad.

Am a 18th sep btb n wedding shoot on 23rd mar.. it's seems to be too early. A btb also commented that not sure if this is good or bad.
I think still ok leh! after photoshoot you still need time to do your album layout, for them to print your album and deliver your photos to you, no?

Yes print n layout. You mean hand deliver to me?? Doubt so la. Got so good service ??
Haha not hand deliver la. Depending on where it is I guess, some is self-collect, some is deliver ma. It's a good buffer for your photo album to be ready for your wedding.

katyew

Haha not hand deliver la. Depending on where it is I guess, some is self-collect, some is deliver ma. It's a good buffer for your photo album to be ready for your wedding.
Oh haha! Probably go back to the bridal shop ba. Got pros and cons lo.. everything done n the bridal get 100% payment once pre shoot done.

Oh haha! Probably go back to the bridal shop ba. Got pros and cons lo.. everything done n the bridal get 100% payment once pre shoot done.
Yup. Good to get all these done early than rush when it's nearer to wedding. Eliminate all the unnecessary stress first!

santajean

Am a 18th sep btb n wedding shoot on 23rd mar.. it's seems to be too early. A btb also commented so early?? Hence that not sure if this is good or bad.
I'm a 10 sept bride and photoshoot next week. I think that it's best to do things earlier than to rush all things nearer to AD date. A lot of people find it early as they think that the gowns they choose for the shoot is "old" as there'll be new range. But it's the photo taken that makes a thousand words, not the gown thou gowns stands a part init lah.. :p

katyew

I'm a 10 sept bride and photoshoot next week. I think that it's best to do things earlier than to rush all things nearer to AD date. A lot of people find it early as they think that the gowns they choose for the shoot is "old" as there'll be new range. But it's the photo taken that makes a thousand words, not the gown thou gowns stands a part init lah.. :p
Ya..true got pro n cons. But I feel most impt u like the gown design then it's fine. Even though new range you may not like the design then no point also.

Hi, any 3rd sept btb would like to share your dates and plans for guo da li, an chuan, or house reno or moving in related and etc? Since the date is 3rd day after chinese 7th month.. do you all plan to do everything in July?

I'm a 3/9 btb, doing lunch hence will be solemnizing on a separate date (30/5). GDL will be done abt 2 weeks before rom in May and an chuang will be done on the same day.

House reno will only be done next year cuz bto not ready yet..

I think August (7th mth) will more or less still be doing some last min stuff like decorations/scheduling/meeting up w the jiemeis to go through stuff etc.. But most of the stuff should be done by July..