SEPT 2016 BTB

jyy27

Can share your pg & vg, roving phtotgraphy?

Its seem afew of us intend to hav their pre wedding shot in March!! Me too!!

I've signed up with Wayne studios! It was pretty much a good deal since I have 1 PG + 2 VG as mine is a luncheon session! They offered roving photography + instant print services so we took up with them as a whole package. You could check out them during Jan BOWS as we signed up with them during the previous BOWS. :)

jyy27

Same as me! I am having gown fitting on 9 Jan and my pre-wed shoot on 24 March :)

Honestly speaking for JP, forum and websites will advise to look for them 3 months before because alot of them won't be able to confirm his schedule if you book way too advance. However, alot of people also faced the problem of all "fully taken" when they booked by 3 months' time. My friends who had just gotten married few weeks back, they all advise me to book in now. Some of the JP does open his calendar early for us. For those who can't confirm, try to look for alternatives.

Si Dian Jin nowadays are chosen together with MIL. However for mine, my MIL has bought it bit by bit when she has the money. So it's actually the thoughts that count with the fact that she doesn't earn alot. But yeah - heard that market rate is between $3.5K - $5K on average.

Thanks for the advice! I guess the best is to shop with future MIL to prevent miscommunication unless she wants to give a budget. Ultimately si dian jin is not gonna be worn often so best to purchase now since gold price is good and get one thing off the list!

Hahahs I was still thinking to look for JP after CNY. Got me worried when I see so many brides looking ard alr. Thought I was too chillax.

Janessa Li

Booked venue, Pre wedding shoot from JB studio. Booked makeup artist on AD. Photo booth. Bought wedding band. Think I jus left with the guo da Li , AD photography and VG. Still thinking if I should engage a band on the wedding. Not sure if I should do gatecrash.

Taking photos next month b4 CNY scare put on weight. Lol!

sakuragal05

I've signed up with Wayne studios! It was pretty much a good deal since I have 1 PG + 2 VG as mine is a luncheon session! They offered roving photography + instant print services so we took up with them as a whole package. You could check out them during Jan BOWS as we signed up with them during the previous BOWS. :)

Oh ya... Bows!!! OK I will consider going dw n take a look...This time a must go as I had missed out last 2 due going oversea...So zhun loh.... lol

sakuragal05

Yeah, my parents just met up with HTB parents last Saturday and they were talking about all these. For me, I will be a teowchew bride so they asked for things such as 2 bottles of Martell, Cans of pig trotters, Boxes of Teowchew pastries, oranges, 2 box of Lor Mar Gao (for my 2 grandmother as they are still around), Pin Jin, Long Feng candles, Red ribbon for main door, 4 dian Jin.

I guess mine is consider quite simple? Haha.

I also a teochew bride too.. Currently helping my sis doing her Guo da li... We just went to a wedding shop to get the package. U still good still got ahma to ask... both side of my grandmas no longer here. My mum look so clueless as no one can advise her ( i think if my grandma was still around she atleast won't stress)... So i can onli help her as much I can and also the same time know what to do when it's mine turn.

hello! 3 sept here too! I also opted mainly for ala-carte. I wanted to get Tangyong! For AD... But I was like considering the price, and then, she was taken... I guess she was taken by someone here, lucky you! So I just looked for a cheaper alternative for pre-wed since I didnt take the ones with the bridal studio.. I think she's much cheaper than most MUA cos she's relatively new. But another more experienced MUA said the photographer likes artsy shots, maybe cannot see face, so no need so ex. :D:D:D

I signed with the Bridal Studio (Rico), got photography from JohnLim, and hotel banquet. Church and priest also booked! Oh, we got our wedding bands too!
Err, I figured thats about it. I will worry later next year... LOL!

fudgebrownies

hello! 3 sept here too! I also opted mainly for ala-carte. I wanted to get Tangyong! For AD... But I was like considering the price, and then, she was taken... I guess she was taken by someone here, lucky you! So I just looked for a cheaper alternative for pre-wed since I didnt take the ones with the bridal studio.. I think she's much cheaper than most MUA cos she's relatively new. But another more experienced MUA said the photographer likes artsy shots, maybe cannot see face, so no need so ex. :D:D:D

I signed with the Bridal Studio (Rico), got photography from JohnLim, and hotel banquet. Church and priest also booked! Oh, we got our wedding bands too!
Err, I figured thats about it. I will worry later next year... LOL!

i guess i was the last bride to book tangyong because i had to wait for her to confirm w another bride before she manage to squeeze me in! seems like 3 sep is a hot date haha

can i enquire who's your pre-wed mua? :)

LOL! I was contemplating for so long!! And then she was taken. But happy for you!

I got this MUA called Roseanne Tang. She's a blogger.. I saw some pictures she did for a wedding, so I just asked and she was okay-ly priced. Originally wanted to go with the photog's wife who's a MUA too.. But since Roseanne is cheaper and the photos looked good, I was like, why not?

Veron Ng

Hello All! I am a 25 Sep 2016 BTB. Currently already booked my venue, bridal studio, and actual day PG & VG. Thought of just waiting for schedule to kick in to start photoshoot and etc. But seems like there are more things to be done... Any sharings?? :)

sakuragal05

Hello All! I am a 25 Sep 2016 BTB. Currently already booked my venue, bridal studio, and actual day PG & VG. Thought of just waiting for schedule to kick in to start photoshoot and etc. But seems like there are more things to be done... Any sharings?? :)

Hi I also 25th Sept too... U taking lunch/ dinner banquet?

jyy27

I also a teochew bride too.. Currently helping my sis doing her Guo da li... We just went to a wedding shop to get the package. U still good still got ahma to ask... both side of my grandmas no longer here. My mum look so clueless as no one can advise her ( i think if my grandma was still around she atleast won't stress)... So i can onli help her as much I can and also the same time know what to do when it's mine turn.

Whoa thanks for sharing! I'm a teochew bride and htb is a hokkien! We pretty much don't know what to expect for GDL but I guess the best is for the in-laws to meet up with each other and sort out directly. We were still thinking of meeting up after CNY. U girls are fast!

sakuragal05

Whoa thanks for sharing! I'm a teochew bride and htb is a hokkien! We pretty much don't know what to expect for GDL but I guess the best is for the in-laws to meet up with each other and sort out directly. We were still thinking of meeting up after CNY. U girls are fast!

U and your hubby same like my sis n her hubby... But the Guy's family will follow our teochew style for GDL. Just that during the actual day my sis need to bring over 4 items ( base frm their hokkien style) when they arrive to their guy's side.

As for me, both me n my hubby are teochew so wont have any complicated. We agree to start our wedding preparation officially after CNY. For the discussion, his auntie will be there represent his mum as she no longer around.

jyy27

U and your hubby same like my sis n her hubby... But the Guy's family will follow our teochew style for GDL. Just that during the actual day my sis need to bring over 4 items ( base frm their hokkien style) when they arrive to their guy's side.

As for me, both me n my hubby are teochew so wont have any complicated. We agree to start our wedding preparation officially after CNY. For the discussion, his auntie will be there represent his mum as she no longer around.

I see! Thanks for sharing! We have no idea there are so many things involved in GDL. If you don't mind to share after your sis wedding what are the items involved in GDL. :)

Btw, any brides here are having luncheon with rom+tea ceremony at the hotel on the same day? Care to share your itinerary? :)

I see! Thanks for sharing! We have no idea there are so many things involved in GDL. If you don't mind to share after your sis wedding what are the items involved in GDL. :)

Btw, any brides here are having luncheon with rom+tea ceremony at the hotel on the same day? Care to share your itinerary? :)

I'm not having my solemnization on the same day due to lack of time, but I will have gate crash, tea ceremony and luncheon on the same day, all will be held in the hotel. Would u still want the itinerary? :)

jyy27

I'm not having my solemnization on the same day due to lack of time, but I will have gate crash, tea ceremony and luncheon on the same day, all will be held in the hotel. Would u still want the itinerary? :)

Hi there sure! I guess it would be good for reference too! :))) many thanks in advance!

xrissy

Hello! Im a Sep btb too! Im doing ala carte. Looks like there're alot of btb here doing ala carte too! Venue, bridal & pg booked, and im now looking for mua. I actually have an mua assigned to me as part of my gown package, but it seems like she isnt up to the job. Did a trial makeup with her already, but the makeup made my eye bags n laugh lines more obvious than usual. Asked her if she can use makeup to improve it she said that's not possible. I asked her for portfolio she said she's too lazy to take photos, hence no portfolio..

ohmytego

Hi everyone my AD is on 09/09/16, just did my ROM last week. So I'm left with pre-wedding photoshoot, GDL and gathering my bridesmaids.

Having a dinner banquet at Mandarin Oriental Atrium Suite. FML so ex but only inviting close relatives and friends so want them to enjoy the food.

Does anyone have a good Chinese restaurant recommendation that is near the ROM?

As we are doing this separately from the AD, thought it'll be nice to adjourn for a lunch or dinner after that with both families (10pax). This is an unforeseen expenditure as we initially wanted to do it on the AD. Thus, hope to not spend too much on this.

Home restaurant has like 10pax set menu $448++ 9 dishes, and I've heard good reviews about them. But they're kinda far away from ROM.

Thanks in advanced for any suggestions!

@omytego im doing oriental too!! but i took the ballroom for dinner.. i totally agree thats its ex. :( ok la, but already book so... i just have to suck it up.

niqiuh

Hello i m 10 sept btb..have checked out a few venue and decided on 1 within 2 weekends in mth of Dec. I have less than 9mths to prepare everything..i have only got venue settled, so much more!

furthermore is an interracial (malay-chinese) marriage, i m totally clueless how shld i go about planning the wedding. Will be a combined wedding but customary wise :/ anyone has any idea how to go about doing this???

Any good photographers &/ videographers to intro? Best if they r familiarize with malay muslim / such interracial wedding! :)

pl1726

Hi everyone my AD is on 09/09/16, just did my ROM last week. So I'm left with pre-wedding photoshoot, GDL and gathering my bridesmaids.

Having a dinner banquet at Mandarin Oriental Atrium Suite. FML so ex but only inviting close relatives and friends so want them to enjoy the food.

oh same date!! but you so good, already done the ROM, settle one stuff. less one thing on the mind!!

msjac

We have the same date! Woohoo :)

I am currently looking for solemnizer already. Have been rejected by 2 liao.

MrsLaw

Hi to all btb! :)

I'm a 10sept2016 bride here! I'm doing my shoot this month end at bkk, my shoot was signed from there too. But regretted as i'm spending more than i've planned to save on as i've signed another AD package with feline bridal which i only knew about the negative reviews about the shop :eek: Hopefully that shop is good to me!

I've booked my bqt dinner too. left with VG, and guo da li i think. Had also bought my si dian jin @ 1k+, wedding band is from Cartier.

Do you all had any idea where to get tiara from? I've tried to search but mostly are either too expensive or on preorder which is too late to have it for my shoot.

bluedell88

Does anyone knows how does the Marriage Preparation Programme works?
Saw on the rom website that it is mandatory. But how do we sign up for it?
Any ideas?

MrsLaw

Does anyone knows how does the Marriage Preparation Programme works?
Saw on the rom website that it is mandatory. But how do we sign up for it?
Any ideas?

is when you're booking for your rom date you can choose a yes or no for that programme, it's not a compulsory thing it's only encouraged to attend.

bluedell88

Also, I heard from some friends that the JP will file the marriage online on your behalf. Is it true? Or it depends on the JP?

Hui_yun

Hi to all btb! :)

I'm a 10sept2016 bride here! I'm doing my shoot this month end at bkk, my shoot was signed from there too. But regretted as i'm spending more than i've planned to save on as i've signed another AD package with feline bridal which i only knew about the negative reviews about the shop :eek: Hopefully that shop is good to me!

I've booked my bqt dinner too. left with VG, and guo da li i think. Had also bought my si dian jin @ 1k+, wedding band is from Cartier.

Do you all had any idea where to get tiara from? I've tried to search but mostly are either too expensive or on preorder which is too late to have it for my shoot.

Hello!! I'm a 10Sepr bride too! And also planning to do my pre-wed shoot in Bkk!
Maybe u can order from taobao and should arrive within 2 weeks?

MrsLaw

Hello!! I'm a 10Sepr bride too! And also planning to do my pre-wed shoot in Bkk!

Not in time le, I'm flying on 23jan. You book your shoot alr? Booking local or over there?

MrsLaw

Not in time le, I'm flying on 23jan. You book your shoot alr? Booking local or over there?

Veron Ng

So far I have no luck in engaging the JP. Anyone knows how can I engage them? I hope I do not end up signing my marriage cert different from my actual customary date... :(

katyew

My intended BTB on 18th Sep but nothing is cfm yet. Cartier ring no size but they cannot commit date to arrive. Venue dun seems to find a suitable one. So stressed now