SEPT 2016 BTB

msjac

September 2016 seems still far but I am actually feeling quite anxious about it and felt that I have alot not done, are you girls feeling the same as me?

pl1726

9th sept here. going ala carte. already booked banquet, ad pg+vg, bought all my gowns and kua and heels. already did photoshoot in korea but will be doing more photoshoot. guestlist already drafted out. JP booked. flowers my friend is doing for me. what else do we need?

sakuragal05

September 2016 seems still far but I am actually feeling quite anxious about it and felt that I have alot not done, are you girls feeling the same as me?

I manage to settle the banquet n bridal gown... the rest mostly after cny onward then plan.... starting withp re-wedding shot in Mar.... What have u done currently? :)

sakuragal05

9th sept here. going ala carte. already booked banquet, ad pg+vg, bought all my gowns and kua and heels. already did photoshoot in korea but will be doing more photoshoot. guestlist already drafted out. JP booked. flowers my friend is doing for me. what else do we need?

Which pg & Vg u use? Can share? :)

pl1726

im using creme photography. which came highly recommended by my friend who got married couple years back.

sometimes i feel like we've done alot but yet on other days it is like something seems to be lacking? i'm really not sure especially since we are doing it ala carte. even though we have a wedding planner but somehow i kind have done most of the stuff already before engaging them.

very worried that i may have missed out some things...

msjac

I manage to settle the banquet n bridal gown... the rest mostly after cny onward then plan.... starting withp re-wedding shot in Mar.... What have u done currently? :)

Yes my Dinner banquet has been booked and my bridal package has been confirmed too.
I am now sourcing for solemnizer as I've been reading forums, this area is quite a tricky part. Have you settled this portion?

My pre-wedding shoot is in March too! But mine will be in Singapore, how about yours?

Yes my Dinner banquet has been booked and my bridal package has been confirmed too.
I am now sourcing for solemnizer as I've been reading forums, this area is quite a tricky part. Have you settled this portion?

My pre-wedding shoot is in March too! But mine will be in Singapore, how about yours?

I'm also looking at mar/apr! Are there any Rico sept brides here by any chance?

sakuragal05

I had done my solemnize in this feb due my MIL passed away n need to be married within 100 days else have to wait for 3 yrs...

Mine also in singapore too... 1 of the shoot location will be our campus... although is not the one which we used to study ( merger) but still wanna keep a memory by wearin the uniform. :)

pl1726

I had done my solemnize in this feb due my MIL passed away n need to be married within 100 days else have to wait for 3 yrs...

Mine also in singapore too... 1 of the shoot location will be our campus... although is not the one which we used to study ( merger) but still wanna keep a memory by wearin the uniform. :)

that is very sweet!!! - the uniform idea. both of you must have known each other since school days =)

msjac

That's so sweet. and that's good, solemnizer is one of the tricky part and you don't need to worry about it :)

sakuragal05

if only the actual school is still around that would be even more fantastic!!

True.... which area you will be taking your shoot at? I was thinking fullerton bay hotel where can take the MBS n CBD as another shooting area... I still think third one since I had 3 outdoor areas shoots.

pl1726

True.... which area you will be taking your shoot at? I was thinking fullerton bay hotel where can take the MBS n CBD as another shooting area... I still think third one since I had 3 outdoor areas shoots.

i took my shoot in korea. will be doing a casual shoot in singapore and then the gown shoot in edinburgh and paris. and then a semi-formal one maldives.

havent really decided where in singapore yet though... still in talks with the pg

Pinkdots92

Hello! 3 Sept 2016 bride to be here.
Seems like there's quite a number of us!

So far, I have settled on banquet / bridal / PG + VG + Photobooth.
And have settled on wedding band yesterday :x a bit too kiasu.

Think it's gonna be the guo da li that's gonna be a headache.

sakuragal05

seem like most of the things u settle for the starting..... U doing lunch or dinner banquet? I was thinking if i wan to have photobooth anot as mine is a lunch banquet.. the schedule is like seem rush le... so not sure is it worth anot....

Pinkdots92

seem like most of the things u settle for the starting..... U doing lunch or dinner banquet? I was thinking if i wan to have photobooth anot as mine is a lunch banquet.. the schedule is like seem rush le... so not sure is it worth anot....

To be honest, i only went to 3 hotels & 3 bridal shop. So I only have to choose between these options. Hence the decision making process was faster. And as for the wedding bands, it's because of Christmas sales. haha.

Mine is a dinner banquet.
Maybe for lunch banquet, you can look into roving photographer which provide photo prints out as well.

sakuragal05

To be honest, i only went to 3 hotels & 3 bridal shop. So I only have to choose between these options. Hence the decision making process was faster. And as for the wedding bands, it's because of Christmas sales. haha.

Mine is a dinner banquet.
Maybe for lunch banquet, you can look into roving photographer which provide photo prints out as well.

Mine just go 1 place as we intend to have our lunch banquet at a restaurant... For bridal, we went to 3 places before settle the chosen one...
Maybe will get roving photography.. I will let my hubby know about it.. as we looking for 3 in 1 services less than 3k... but we still need to see their port folios before decide.

Pinkdots92

Mine just go 1 place as we intend to have our lunch banquet at a restaurant... For bridal, we went to 3 places before settle the chosen one...
Maybe will get roving photography.. I will let my hubby know about it.. as we looking for 3 in 1 services less than 3k... but we still need to see their port folios before decide.

For PG + VG + Photobooth, We engaged WMA.
This is their website . http://www.wedding-montage-animation.com/
Not sure if they provide the option of roving photographer.

pl1726

i dont know about photobooths. i never really liked it. so i'm not having it. the elders in my family didnt like it at all actually at one of my relative's wedding. so that was a additional push point for me to not have it

Jessie Lee

Let's all share our experiences here!

So far I've settled my venue and caterer (not doing the Wedding at the hotel!), MUA and the gowns/suits.

I decided to go ala carte as I didn't really appreciate the packages most bridals provide...

Mainly need to settle the photography and videography, any music and a photo booth/roving Photographer...

Anyone has any recommendations for an engaging roving photographer? (Preferably with a good deal for the photos!)

Jessie Lee

Which wedding band are you going for? Can share the details? How many piece band, costs, how Long each session is etc?

Hahaa yeah Guo da Li for me is a headache as well!! Don't really know the in-laws expectations!

jyy27

U girls are quite fast too! I've only settled my venue, BS, ad pg+vg with roving photography & instant prints!

Gonna head for my gown fitting in early Jan and probably pre-wed shoot in March too!

We have shortlisted the wedding bands so most likely gonna settle it either before CNY or after.

Just curious, do we need to settle JP so early? Usually how many months in advance could we book them?

Next is to settle the guo da li stuffs esp gold price is good right now! But GDL is really a headache. Do you girls choose si Dian jin with your MIL or just with your husband? Roughly how's the budget like? :)

bluedell88

I am going for alacarte package as well..
Settled hotel for dinner banquet, wedding band, photography, mua and one gown (still sourcing for one more)

sakuragal05

U girls are quite fast too! I've only settled my venue, BS, ad pg+vg with roving photography & instant prints!

Gonna head for my gown fitting in early Jan and probably pre-wed shoot in March too!

We have shortlisted the wedding bands so most likely gonna settle it either before CNY or after.

Just curious, do we need to settle JP so early? Usually how many months in advance could we book them?

Next is to settle the guo da li stuffs esp gold price is good right now! But GDL is really a headache. Do you girls choose si Dian jin with your MIL or just with your husband? Roughly how's the budget like? :)

Can share your pg & vg, roving phtotgraphy?

Its seem afew of us intend to hav their pre wedding shot in March!! Me too!!

We went to get si Dian jin last mth cuz gold price was good too haha. I went to choose with my htb mil and fil lol, and I got the traditional long feng ones. It was abt 4k.

For the Guo da Li, is it a must to get the whole set tht consists of all the slippers, towels, pails etc??

pl1726

We went to get si Dian jin last mth cuz gold price was good too haha. I went to choose with my htb mil and fil lol, and I got the traditional long feng ones. It was abt 4k.

For the Guo da Li, is it a must to get the whole set tht consists of all the slippers, towels, pails etc??

i think it boils down to how traditional and picky your future in laws are? some abit more chin-chye and flexible and also not so into the tradition thing so they are ok with just a very simple guo da li. others are more fussy and traditional and insist on the whole ching-chong-chang thing.

so i think is better you or your fiance speak to them and ask them

msjac

Same as me! I am having gown fitting on 9 Jan and my pre-wed shoot on 24 March :)

Honestly speaking for JP, forum and websites will advise to look for them 3 months before because alot of them won't be able to confirm his schedule if you book way too advance. However, alot of people also faced the problem of all "fully taken" when they booked by 3 months' time. My friends who had just gotten married few weeks back, they all advise me to book in now. Some of the JP does open his calendar early for us. For those who can't confirm, try to look for alternatives.

Si Dian Jin nowadays are chosen together with MIL. However for mine, my MIL has bought it bit by bit when she has the money. So it's actually the thoughts that count with the fact that she doesn't earn alot. But yeah - heard that market rate is between $3.5K - $5K on average.

msjac

i think it boils down to how traditional and picky your future in laws are? some abit more chin-chye and flexible and also not so into the tradition thing so they are ok with just a very simple guo da li. others are more fussy and traditional and insist on the whole ching-chong-chang thing.

so i think is better you or your fiance speak to them and ask them

Yeah, my parents just met up with HTB parents last Saturday and they were talking about all these. For me, I will be a teowchew bride so they asked for things such as 2 bottles of Martell, Cans of pig trotters, Boxes of Teowchew pastries, oranges, 2 box of Lor Mar Gao (for my 2 grandmother as they are still around), Pin Jin, Long Feng candles, Red ribbon for main door, 4 dian Jin.

I guess mine is consider quite simple? Haha.

pl1726

i think right that if you are picky over which JP to use and who you like etc, then is best to ask the moment u confirm your date and your venue. some do open their calendars early. others that dont at least you know when they open and you can start to hound them the moment it opens (hahaha!!)

i managed to get mine really way too early only because the JP is my mother's friend. and im not picky over who is my JP so i just went the easiest way out.

pl1726

Yeah, my parents just met up with HTB parents last Saturday and they were talking about all these. For me, I will be a teowchew bride so they asked for things such as 2 bottles of Martell, Cans of pig trotters, Boxes of Teowchew pastries, oranges, 2 box of Lor Mar Gao (for my 2 grandmother as they are still around), Pin Jin, Long Feng candles, Red ribbon for main door, 4 dian Jin.

ohh teochew bride so means you have to wake up very very very early right??

my bf and i, our parents have never met. and to be honest i'm not looking forward to it. i am beyond worried about it and want to drag it as long as possibly can.
how long can i drag it for.... ? i think i have to go back to david tong right for the dates?

Oops I didn't knw the parents are supposed t meet t discuss abt the Guo da Li items :x actually, my mum is quite clueless abt all these stuff too. Guess gotta ask my ahma haha

pl1726

Oops I didn't knw the parents are supposed t meet t discuss abt the Guo da Li items :x actually, my mum is quite clueless abt all these stuff too. Guess gotta ask my ahma haha

if both sides not picky, then just get the set that is available for sale. but if maybe picky then is best to discuss either face to face or have your fiance to ask his/her parents.

Ala-carte will be more expensive won't it? Just wondering...

Yeah ala carte is defo more exp I think. Cuz I took ala carte photography (pre wedding+AD) plus the package frm bridal excluding photography, adds up t abt 8k (haven't include makeup for pre wedding shoot), but can be settled at studio for 4k in all. Regretted abit but oh well alr decided jst hope the photos turn out good heh.

@fudgebrownie may I knw who did u find for ur mua? I'm looking for someone not too exp for pre wedding shoot.

fudgebrownies

@msjac @frozenvanilla i'm doing ala carte because its gonna be a small celebration. just need 1 gown for the whole day hahaha. also doing away videography since i'm not doing gatecrashing too. just a simple tea ceremony and ROM at the hotel :)

for me, i prefer the flexibility to allocate more budget to PW photography and honeymoon. and i wanna have all my edited photos returned to me, dont wanna get caught in a situation where i have to top up for hidden charges :)

i've booked tangyong makeup for AD. thinking of overseas shoot for PW where the make up is included in the photography price, but still keeping my options open because the overseas shoot will burst my budget hahaha.

@msjac @frozenvanilla i'm doing ala carte because its gonna be a small celebration. just need 1 gown for the whole day hahaha. also doing away videography since i'm not doing gatecrashing too. just a simple tea ceremony and ROM at the hotel :)

for me, i prefer the flexibility to allocate more budget to PW photography and honeymoon. and i wanna have all my edited photos returned to me, dont wanna get caught in a situation where i have to top up for hidden charges :)

i've booked tangyong makeup for AD. thinking of overseas shoot for PW where the make up is included in the photography price, but still keeping my options open because the overseas shoot will burst my budget hahaha.

Same reason I'm getting ala carte photgrapher too :)

I contemplated t do overseas shoot and take tht as a honeymoon. But also too exp :( wow tangyong I like her style too but will burst my budget too haha

pl1726

i think that ala carte can be more expensive but it can also be alot cheaper. really depending on your needs i guess

but i think it is more of you have more control over where your money goes to? and the standard that you want. and also, for me personally, it is because i am very picky and fussy and i know those bridal packages can never give me what i want. plus i dont want to risk if the bridal shop collapse or close down overnight, then i am literally left with nothing. if i deal with them seperately, at least if one down, it is easier to mend the "gap"

but that said... if you are not the kind that is very into researching and alot of liaising through emails and phone calls, and most importantly, dont know exactly what you want, then better to probably go with package.

because it is alot of hardwork aka the behind the scenes job just to get something settled and you are doing all these yourself. so all vendors are going to come to you.