Sealy or dunlopillo mattress?

gingerschnapps

Can't find the website for royal jubilee. I want to check out the technical specs for it.but website dun have any royal jubilee leh. HELP!

also King Koil Ultimate Posture series....seems to have no info on web for them too.

any one got the links??

bonn_ng

Ginger. Its best to go and test the bed. No point looking at the technical specs. I did that when I was looking for a mattress. BUT nothing beats laying on all the beds in the show room and get a feel of the firmness, softness, comfort, etc...

babywong

Hi Shinebride,

I m looking for mattress too. Can you email me your contacts too? My email address is [email protected].

Does your contact allow us to try the mattress? And can we request for late delivery coz my wedding is few months down the road.

Howz the payment terms like? Do they allow credit card installment or a fixed % of deposit?

serrich

Shinebride,

What is the latex topper for? Can it be used as a bb's mattress? Thick enuf?

U mentioned that "u and ur hubby happened to purchase the same product but your dealer willing to allow offer to open for queen or king size". Is it you or your dealer who is selling the extra piece???

mehmeh_lim

Hi Shine

Please email Shawn's contact to me as well.

I'm quite clueless in my search for a mattress, but I think from one of ur postings above tt ur fren got the mattress with bedframe & other stuff at $1600, it seems like it might be worth it to get fr Shawn.
PS: I'm only looking for mattress, how much would it roughly cost?

Thx alot in advance!
[email protected]

ceraine

hi all,

would appreicate if anyone could share with me Shawn's contact. my email address [email protected]
how's his service for those who have engaged him?

i have tried on a Foam Dunilop bed..not sure of the model, but quite like it.
though do not know if its worth the price and advantage/disadvantage over pocketed spring.
apprecaite comments.

richard79

have you tried the sealy mattress? I've went to Harvery Norman @ Millieum Walk for a test and found that Sealy mattress is the best of all. Once you tested Sealy and tried others, it's like the rest are of "no-interest".

Just imagine eating "Häagen-Dazs" ice-cream versus "Magnolia" ice cream
happy.gif

fleur1

Hi Richard,

I agree that Sealy mattress is not bad. My only concern is that Sealy does not believe in having pocketed springs... To me, pocketed springs are important so as to have undisturbed sleep. Hence I chose another very comfortable mattress, Kingston Executive from Dunlopillo.
happy.gif

richard79

Hi Fleur,

I second on your statement above. In fact, most "branded" mattress have already included that feature, which is included in part of the features.

For Sealy, that feature is called "Shock Abzzorber Sprung Foundation".

At first, i do find pocketed spring are good when i was looking for mattress. However, when I do more market research and tested out each individual brands at their respective showrooms, I found that pocketed springs has this disadvantage- after long term (>5 yrs), the spring coils will tend to entagle which may not recoil back to its original state of rest. For sealy coils, they do not have such disadv dur to their unique coil mechanism.

Of course, this is something I cannot comment as I have not used the bed for so long time. But end of the day, i do urge ppl during selection, do based on your own comfort levels and budget. Don't for a cheapo one and end up hating the quality of mattress.

To me , sleep is very important. So take care in choosing.

fleur1

Hi Richard,

I totally agree with you. It is very important to choose a good mattress. A good sleep is a grest start to a new day. It also makes a great difference to the backrest one gets. Thus, one should buy the best mattress one can afford, according to preferences.

apple_88

Hi all,

wanted to buy dunlopillo mattress for my in-laws but heard from my friend who work in dunlopillo that they are clearing all their old model matress now as the new lanuch mattress is coming in early next year. He told me to put on hold first. Anyone heard of this before?

stupeed

hi june, i think it doesn't matter whether its new or old model. It's what you like and prefer and what suits your lifestyle. mine is an old model but it has both sides with a layer of latex whereas some of the new models have only one side with a layer of latex and they don't encourage flipping the bed. They actually say there's no need!

serrich

Hi all,

I noticed that Shinebride have nt replied to ur postings since May.. Anyway, I just drop by to share with you this website i came across that features almost the full range of Dunlopillo mattress.. http://dunlopillo.dewnature.com/ You can drop them a mail if u are a keen buyer. My fren managed to get quite a good price from them. Enjoy shopping!

serrich

mei ru,
The link is working lei.. Anyway the website is useful for those who want to find out the range of mattress available..

meiru

Serrich,

ya, the site is working fine le.

joyousonline, u may want to give shawn a call, he has been giving very good price for dunlopillo mattress

shinebride

Hi All,

Apologies, I have been missing for sometime. Went overseas on some official matters and just got back last month. Did not have time to get into the forum till now....so if you require Shawn's contact urgently, fastest way will be to email me at [email protected]. Let me know if anyone is still interested.

Hi Mei Ru, thanks for sharing the contact.

jem

Hi Irene
Think the best for sealy is at IMM the Sealy mattress gallery. We bout our's @ ackerman and it seems that the similar range of wat we bought is $100 cheaper for the king size. Pls be careful where you buy from. Never buy without checking the prices @ different location/outlets.

stonesix

any idea for the sealy price at Living Exhibition at Expo?

Newspaper show they have special promotion for Sealy Mayfair....

anyone know whats is the special price there?
thanks for sharing...

irenep

Hi Jeremy,

I bought my mattress & bedframe fm Ackerman as well.. Hv been checking ard & found that Ackerman is still the cheapest lor..

stonesix

hi irene,

by the way, what model and size you bought?

i think all the shop that carry sealy brand have their exclusive name so that there no direct competition and they can control the pricing.

angel19c

Hi Irene and Jeremy,
Can share what model and size you bought from Ackerman ? How much is the mattress you paid for ?

Thanks

elinwokk

sealy backsaver series is $899 with free pillows and matress protector and $239 for bed frame (optional) at Inges (14 little road) - just tot i'd share with all those keen
happy.gif

joee

Have been tracing the archive and wondering anyone still interested to share the good fortune. I am buying dunlopillo due to its quality after trying at Centerpoint.
Anyone kind enuf to share the contact of Shawn( which shinebride shared)
thx in advance

clara_ong_

well let me give u all some advices i have done research for the 3 Ss(simmons ,sealy,serta).

For simmons they r renowned for the support for their original pocketed coil technolgy .Simmons is the first that bring in individual pocketed coil decades ago it is the orginal only orginal pocketed coil are pre-compressed. I know u all dont understand. For example when we pre-compresses a coil from a 7 inches(Simmons have the highest coil height in the market) to a stardard height simmons set, the coil actually will be insisting on getting up so we slp on the mattress we can feel the support.Imported from USA,Japn,Korea,Canada,OEM malaysia,OEM China n OEM Thailand

Sealy entered Singapore market not very long Sealy are renowned for their Posturepedic coil we call it open coil all the coils are fully connected with wire.Posturepedic coil have sensory arm n triple off set it is said to be able to adjust to the correct alignment for our body.Sealy mattresses are mostly very comfortable.Sealy is the world's best selling mattress. Total Sales figures (world no. 1) Sealy + its two other sub companies.Sealy also have very wide price range(cheap to very expensive)as compared to Serta n Simmons.Most range Asemble in Thailand.Only some Unicase(expensive) from USA

Serta is the youngest in Singapore mattress industry compare with the other 2.Serta is renowned for its mira coil technology is also name open coil fully connected with wire among the coil, n their comfort level for mattress.If serta says it is no.2 no one dare to compete with it for comfort level.But Serta these recent years did come out with their pocketed coil series for their mattresses.Serta did also won the title (We make the world's best mattress).Most range asembled in indonesia. practise OEM(original equipment manuafacturing).Some from USA.

Well If u wanted support higher can go for Simmons,if u wanted Comfort level higher go for Sealy or Serta open coil are used to make soft n comfortable mattresses.If you want support n no motion transfer between u n ur partner can go for Individual pocketed coil.If u only more concern about enjoying of comfort level 3 minutes before u slp u can go for open-coil Sealy or Serta.Only Simmons USA range can be compatible to Sealy n Serta for the comfort level.If u r more concern about the 8 hrs of sleep u will need good support u can go for Simmons.Choose a mattress according to what your needs.Hope it will help u to choose a mattress wisely

babybugz

Anyone bought Dunlopillo Duchess mattress recently? Was told by the salesman that there is a new design and price has also increased. Can anyone confirm?

cheesey

We bought Dunlopillo CONNOISSEUR (18cm full UK Talalay Latex) before the price goes up (confirmed).

Originally also thinking of getting Dunlopillo Duchess, then the salesman told that it is with pocketed spring. I prefer full latex, as I slept on full latex mattress for over 25 years, and fell in luv with latex matttress. Latex is better than pocketed spring.

My rationale is: better get a high quality mattress and sleep for a lifetime, than to change the mattress for a few times. This will also save me time, effort and $ (GST, transport cost, potential of ever increasing selling price, etc..) in the long run.

AMK has a store which has the best price so far, even cheaper than those sales advertised in newspaper.

zxue

hi cheese,

how much u bought for it?
btw i trying to look for other brand of talalay latex mattress. Do you know of which brand and model are there in singapore market?

i know of getha L origin series.