Roving Photographer VS Photo Booth

Minkishly

I'm thinking of engaging an additional photography package that will allow my guests to take home some photographs of themselves since the AD photography is usually for the bride and groom. I can't decide between engaging a roving photographer or a photo booth though. I'm scared that my guests may be too intimidated / shy / lazy to queue for the photo booth, which is why I'm gravitating towards a roving photograph instead.

Would love to hear about the experiences of anyone who has experienced either service at a wedding before. Thanks!

Minkishly

Hi Minkishly,I also looking for Photo Booth but yet get any information......

I'll share if I find out anything regarding photo booths!

Better to use a photo booth but you need to ask someone to engage the guest

Hi, thanks for your input! I'm torn between the two and would love to know why you think a photo booth is better than having a roving photographer. :p

If u wan to hire photobooth. I had 100$ busy body voucher to sell away. Do consider.

Will PM you for more info about this! :)

janicetoh

i got few reply for Photo Booth,but I have arrange a meet up with 1 photographer which they also provide Photo Booth service. Hehe...hope that is what i want.

supersonicboom

i have engaged Pink Man to be my roving photogapher + photobooth.

So basically they will do roving + photobooth during reception, then after which when the banquet starts, more focus will be on roving. He agreed to help take table shots during his roving period and will also print out the photos (one copy per person in pic).

The company I engaged is Pink Man photography :) Have met up with him - Wally, and he seems like a really nice person :) My wedding will be in June 2016, lets hope that he lives up t his promises too! :)

Minkishly

In the end, it seems that I have to go with roving photography after all. My hotel coordinator informed me that there might not be enough space in my venue for a photobooth to be set up since I might go near to the maximum number of tables. Decision made!

@supersonicboom - I've been looking at Pink Man! Quite tempted by them.. do you mind sharing what the rates are like? :p

supersonicboom

In the end, it seems that I have to go with roving photography after all. My hotel coordinator informed me that there might not be enough space in my venue for a photobooth to be set up since I might go near to the maximum number of tables. Decision made!

@supersonicboom - I've been looking at Pink Man! Quite tempted by them.. do you mind sharing what the rates are like? :p

$1100 is the package price and this is the rough "itinerary':
12pm: Cocktail Reception. (Photo Booth will start, Roving Photographer will go around taking photos of the couple with friends and families.)
1-1.15pm: Lunch Starts. (Photo Booth will continue and Roving Photographer will discontinue until 2nd March-In)
2pm: 2nd March-In (Photo Booth will end and Roving Photographer will start going around with the couple for the table shots.)
Your guests will receive a photo each for the table shots.

What you will get from pinmen:
  1. 1 Awesome Photographer
  2. 1 Nerdy Print Technician
  3. Unlimited 4R Prints
  4. Standard 2.4m by 2.4m white backdrop
  5. Awesome range of props
  6. Customization of your Photo Border
  7. Live Projection of Photos at Printing Station
  8. Live Projection of Photos to venue AV system
  9. Same Day Upload to Facebook Page(For guest to download)
  10. Return of High Res Images
  11. Pink Men Prints Envelopes for the guests to safe-keep their photos
  12. Official Pink Men Prints Android/iOS App for your guests to view/download/share the photos taken at our photo booth in real time during the event
    ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pmp.pinkmenprints&hl=en )

In addition he said he will help to photograph both march in, cutting cake and pop champagne ceremony.
yup!

Alexa Wong

We hired a GIF Photobooth service from ubersnap.com for our wedding. They will ask you to get to action while the 'gif' photo is taken and they'll be printing it right after. The prints will also be animated as well. It's a lot cooler than the static photobooth.

Nanahoh

We hired a GIF Photobooth service from ubersnap.com for our wedding. They will ask you to get to action while the 'gif' photo is taken and they'll be printing it right after. The prints will also be animated as well. It's a lot cooler than the static photobooth.

Hey Alexa, do you mind sharing the contacts?

Kathy Meow

I suggest u request for a sample first !
It’s free but very giddy for me
Don’t like it
Was very interested in gif photography initially