Ritz Carlton

ardenz

Mr CC Lee mobile : (+65)9789 2927
Office Tel: (+65) 62947975
Shop address: C C Lee Marketing & Services
24, Verdun Road
Singapore 207282

carebearz

Just had my wedding at Ritz last week and it was totally fantastic! Despite my small wedding size, 120 guests, Ritz had still managed to make my wedding a classy, intimate and personalised one. All the guests raved about it.

I gotta admit, I initially had reservations on how my small wedding party and a lunch at that, may affect the atmosphere and environment. Even our parents and some relatives/friends were apprehensive. But after the wedding, they said they have never attended a better wedding not even those with 500 guests.

And best of all, the food was good probably as Ritz was able to have better quality control due to the fewer number of guests. Even friends who had previously attended Ritz's wedding banquets who said their food was so-so were all pleasantly surprised at the food quality.

And after the wedding, they even sent up sandwiches and strawverry tree for us to enjoy. And when our banquet food came up to the room without sharkfin's, we called them and they said they will re-cook again and sent up 2 big bowls of it.

And they even threw in a free English high-tea for us when I casually mentioned to the manger while settling the bill that I'm a big fan of the 3-tier English high-teas. I couldn't ask for a better hotel to host my wedding. Kudos to Ritz!

fran0610

hi carebearz , congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience. I have not booked my package with RC yet. But the experience so far with the follow up and service is wonderful.. I am in the final stages of deciding between RC and Four Seasons (very pretty Crescent ballroom). i guess you held your wedding in the chihuly room right? do u have any pics to share iro the backdrop ? the room is quite pretty except for the adjoining pillars... I want to pretty up the room but not top up too much for the decor..

fran0610

Hi Ardenz, are you still in this thread of posts? Can I email you on the details of the backdrop for your wedding. It is very pretty..

carebearz

I went for the simple and classy setup as my SO and I want the English theme. So we went for white and green. My florist was Sing See Soon as they were significantly cheaper and plus, Grace did me a really big favour.

She came to my rescue at 7pm one day when my pre-wedding bouquet were a diaster. I immediately called her and asked if she could do something for me as my pre-wedding shoot was the next day and she did. At that time, I haven't decided on using them yet for my wedding. After this incident, I immediately signed with her. She's been a real dear to me, giving me her honest opinions and feedback on my flowers selection. And the end result was really great, my guests raved over it.

I was apprehensive about the pillars as well but in the end, they cause no obstruction at all. In fact, my SO and I worked around it. We had 10 tables of 12guests and none of them were blocked by the pillars. And my SO and me did our march-in, each entering one door and we met at the middle, went up to the stage and cut the cake.
So the march-in was something different, both of you don't have to march-in together through 1 door and leave guests on the other side cold.

Frances, can PM me with ur email and I'll send u some pics.

fran0610

Hi Carebearz, I just PM you. Thks in advance for the pics. If you share with me the cost as well, it will be great.. Sing See Soon's flowerpieces look very beautiful on their website but I am concerned that they may be a bit pricey since they do all the big events..

zhongjie05

I just attended one of my friend's wedding at the ritz, the floral decorations are unique and beautiful, Its done by the florist call C C Lee, I just love the arrangements! I heard their price is very reasonable and they provide very good services.

fran0610

The catering personnel are excellent. Mine is Celeste. Very prompt in her responses and goes out of her way to help meet my needs. This is despite that I am only booking the Chihuly room.

jazzshoegirl

hi there,
im very much interested in this venue, can i take a look at some pics as well.
and may i ask whats their min. tables for wedding.
does the package comes with Solemnisation cum sit down dinner?
pls advise
happy.gif
thank you...

fran0610

Try emailing them for their package as they are very responsive.

The Chihuly room takes 10 - 14 tables. Next up is the Grand Ballroom which is min 35 tables I believe.

Solemnisation can be arranged. I think most good hotels provide for this.

ariel3112

Actually for the grand ballroom does not matter on how many tables there are so as long as you spend the minimum requirement which is 70K (weekend wedding).

carebearz

You can request for another room for your solemnisation but some hotels charge for it.
St Regis wanted to charge me $3000 for 30 minutes use! Ritz offered it to me for free and even provided the tea and Wedgewood utensils for the tea ceremony.

carebearz

Yes, Ritz's packages do come with floral deco. At that time of my wedding (Dec09), their official florist was CC Lee.

But I had wanted to add more flowers and have high table settings as I was using the Chihuly room which was quite bare. And CC Lee's quote was quite high so I asked Ritz for other recommendations and I ended up with Sing See Soon. No regrets totally, they quoted me a price that was much lower than what CC Lee had quoted me and CC Lee didn't have exactly what I wanted, plus they threw a lot of extras in.

And their arrangements and flowers were really fresh and Grace (whom I worked) with came to my rescue at the last minute when my pre-wed bouquet was a disaster. She's really honest and straight forward in her opinions as well. Totally no regrets going with them.
And plus, she worked really well with Joey (my coordinator at Ritz) so I was virtually hands-off after deciding on my flowers combination. Both of them just settled everything for me.

I last read that Sing See Soon seems to be Ritz's official florist now?

fran0610

yep. Sing See Soon is the official florist now. But their bridal bouquet package cum car decoration is not that cheap. In the end, I still went with Poppy @ $480.

elsieteo

Hi!

i'm thinking of having a buffet dinner at RC.. anyone done it before?

It would be ROM at ard 4pm followed by buffet dinner..

If anyone has blog or photos, pls do let me know!

Thanks!

ayleen

think it's pretty easy to just email Ritz Carlton to get the packages. they will be more than willing to send you.
happy.gif

@Paranoia08, deposit will be split into a few stages.. cant rem the details for now.

jarlslee

Hi

My name is Jarls Lee from Singapore and I am an undergraduate at a Hospitality Management school in Switzerland. For my undergraduate dissertation, I am looking at the negotiation behaviour of prospective wedding couples looking to hold their wedding banquet at 5-star hotels in Singapore.

Your response is kindly appreciated and will aid in the completion of my paper.

This survey will take up 15-20 minutes of your time.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/negotiated_decision_making_weddings_in_Singapore

Thank you.

fran0610

Hi.. I held my wedding banquet in Ritz Carlton last month in the Chihuly Room. The experience was excellent. My wedding coordinator was Celeste Teo who was incessantly patient and helped to remind me on stuff to be done and helped get things settled with the vendors. The surprises that were provided in the bridal suite were such nice touches. If you have a reasonable budget, it is a nice cosy room to hold your wedding dinner or lunch.. Also, many thanks to Carebearz for the information that she shared with me that helped me decide on Chihuly Room.

ophidi

i'm going to go down for a recce next week! =D
does anyone know whether ritz are generous with their perks? can bargain?

i did a comparison between several hotels and realised they don't have complimentary wine/beer and no food tasting as well.

was thinking of having the tea ceremony in the suite then head down to chihuly room for solemnization. did anyone do this as well?

hi kristin, chihuly room accomodates max 140 pax, you might want to try goodwood park's tudor ballroom.

snowflake87

Anyone thinking of holding their wedding at ritz? Doesn't seem to have much feedback from there recently.. Trying to decide between Shang and ritz

Flutter

Hi all, was wondering if I should choose ritz but I can't seem to find much information on them.
Any recommendation on coordinator that I can email directly to find out more?

Gorgeousme

Hi Girls,

I am getting married soon next year and we really love the setting in Ritz.

Can I check if anyone can share some of the choices of nice wedding favor that you can choose from Ritz?

Thank you and looking forward to hear from you girls soon!
Best regards
Gorgeousme

phirahh

Hi Girls,

I am getting married soon next year and we really love the setting in Ritz.

Can I check if anyone can share some of the choices of nice wedding favor that you can choose from Ritz?

Thank you and looking forward to hear from you girls soon!
Best regards
Gorgeousme

Hello! Do you mind sharing the package you got? Would love to find out more :)

Email me at [email protected]

Thank you!

summerN

Just went to their latest wedding showcase.... had a very unpleasant experience with them... really make me quite upset as I really love their garden pavilion & ready to book. After the showcase, I hesitated... as I don’t want the same bad experience happened on my big day ☹️