Regent Singapore

cherry

Hi kiki.

i am having my banquet at Regent as well. but just to check with you, can u like find out how much is the use of projector? and are we able to have a different back drop of the stage? are u using the scroll or book for the guest to sign in?

i always have problem locating Evelyn, she often not around.

thank you.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Just a reminder that "The Regent Bridal Show 2002" is this coming Sunday (17 March).

You can still sign up for the show at http://www.singaporebrides.com/regent_show.htm.

There will be a promotional package for the wedding banquet that will be available during the bridal show.

If you want to attend the show, just fax the form that is found in the link above. Hope to see you there!
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

orange

can i know who are the recommendable printers for wedding cards 'cos i have just collected the cards from evelyn and still scouting for printers.

jona

hi Regent Brides,

I have a $200 voucher for wedding decorations at Regent Hotel by Gnomes Theme Designers.

Anyone interested?? I'm letting go at a very good price.

The voucher is valid till 17 Mar 2003.

S

springly

Hi Orange,

I've one voucher too. Am letting go at half price. Negotiable still. In fact I've posted in another thread about this.

winnie

Hi all,

I had went to Regent Bridal Show on 17 March and seen their mock up Tanglin Room. At there, the staff in-charge told me that the ballroom setup will be EXACTLY what we will get if we sign up their package.

However, when I requested the coordinator of Regent Hotel to draft out the contract, he told me that some of the deco in the mock up ballroom are not standard deco. That is, we will NOT have some of the decos shown in the mock up ballroom.

Decos being removed are:-
1) 2 flower stands at the walk-in path (each costing $100 to include)
2) Ribbons and flower balls tied to the ceiling (he say will include the ribbon if we insist but no flower ball)

I feel short-changed. Anyone who had booked or had attended wedding at Regent? Please verify is it true?

Thanks

E

excited26

Hi winnie,

I missed the bridal show...would you tell me wat was the promotion?...is it still valid?...how's the pricing for 2003 wedding banquets? Thanks very much!

winnie

Hi Excited26,

the promotion ended a week after the bridal show. As for the pricing for 2003, I'm not too sure. But think if you book early, you can lock the current price :)

Current packages as below:-
1) Golden Knot (weekday=$688, weekend=$798)
2) Golden Bow (weekday=$788, weekend=$898)
3) Golden Strands (weekday=$1218, weekend=$1328)

The Hotel is good, but the new male coordinator is rather unaccomodating :-( :-( :-(

Hope it helps :)

E

excited26

Hi winnie,

May I know wat was offered at the Bridal Show?...u mean Evelyn Tai is not there anymore?
BTW, are they able to offer suggestions on the "hot" dates for 2003? Thanks!

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Excited26,

You may like to know that The Regent offers SingaporeBrides.com card holders special promotion. You may like to check out the promotion at our card section for banquets.

However, this promotion is only offered till 31st May 2002.

For details of the wedding packages of The Regent, you can click here.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

E

excited26

Hi Chin Leng,

Thanks for the info. However, I'm planning for 2003 wedding...can't qualify for the offer and I also missed the bridal show... sigh....

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Actually, Evelyn Tai is still with the hotel but in a different role.
happy.gif

Karyen, who has been with the hotel for over 3 years, is now the Catering Co-ordinator, will now be assisting the Sales persons as liason to remind couples for collection of cards, food tasting dates, etc.

You can now look for Nicole Tan (Director of Catering), Lewis Low ( Asst Catering Sales Manager) and Evelyn Joseph (Asst Catering Sales Manager) if you like to make any enquiries about wedding packages.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

andrea

Hi,
We went to the bridal show at Regent and eventually booked the package which comes with the $888 benefits. However, now if the card members get $1500 worth of benefits, can I join as member and also get the same benefits??

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Andrea,

The perks for SingaporeBrides card members is available to bookings that are:

<UL><LI>Ballroom wedding packages <LI>Weddings held between 1 April 2002 to 30 December 2002 <LI>Confirmation of bookings must be made between 1 April 2002 and 31 May 2002 with the SingaporeBrides card</LI>[/list]The $888 benefits which you enjoy is for bookings of non-ballroom packages which was only offered during the bridal show. The two sets of benefits mentioned here are for two different wedding packages.

Please feel free to e-mail me if you have further enquiries.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

disappointed

Hi all.

Just had my wedding banquet at Regent not long ago. Here are some comments.

Coordinations between the staff especially the wedding coordinator were very poor. Its very difficult to get hold of them on the phone, even when we left messages they don't call back. Half the time, we have to keep chasing them for details and that adds on a lot of uncessary stress as the dates gets closer.

Food tasting was superurb! Assurance by the chef that similar quality of food will be served on the acutal wedding banquet. However, the comments given by friends and family were very negative. Our parents and in-laws who were present during the food tasting session were very disappointed by the taste of the food served during the actual banquet. There were only 9 servings at the VIP table even though there were 10 persons seated. But we still pay the full table price based on 10 persons. If such quality of food happened to the VIP table then the rest of the normal table was definitely worse off!!

cupid

There is quite a lot of favourable feedback on the food quality for traditional wedding dinner at Regent. I am considering holding wedding buffet lunch reception. Has anyone attended any wedding buffet lunch reception at Regent? Would love to hear feedback on your experiences.

Thanks!

glory

Hi Cupid,

I've been to a few functions there, the food is nice and if i'm not wrong, it's from the restaurant, cantonese style.

I am also planning to get married next year, heard that they are renovating the ballroom. Anyone heard about it?

Glory

bluebonnet

Hi disappointed,

Hmm...now I am wary after hearing your comments. I've also booked Regent for my dinner. Have not gone for food tasting yet. Both my mom-in-law and I have had great experience working with them so far. They have been pretty responsive and accommodating. Part of the reason we booked the dinner at Regent was because of their service.

Hope all is going to turn out smoothly... Keeping my fingers crossed. ;-)

Hi Cupid,
Regent told us they are renovating the place too. I think they are also renovating the rooms.

Bluebonnet

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Woodstock,

The Regent Singapore will be having a bridal show on the <FONT COLOR="0077aa">29th September (Sunday)</FONT>. It may be a good opportunity for you to find out more about the hotel during the show. You can sign-up for the show here.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

woodstock

Thanks Chin Leng, I knew about the bridal show as there were some Lady's Card promo. But I won't be in SG during that period of time....Anyway, I'll have made arrangments with The Regent this weekend.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Woodstock,

Oh I see! Good that you've made arrangement with the hotel to have a look.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

The Regent Hotel is having a very special promotional package from now till <FONT COLOR="ff0000">15th December 2002</FONT> only! Hurry! For more info, call Catering Sales Department at 6739-3096 or email at [email protected]!

Regards,
Chin Leng.

oso32

can anyone please advise on what's the corkage charges for Regent Hotel and how "negotiable" it is? or izit better to just get the wine direct from the hotel?

G

gopher

Hi people
happy.gif

Anybody signed up with The Regent at the Takashimaya Wedding Planner's fair last week? Heard that it's a good deal but they are pretty strict with exchanging the perks. Anyone can confirm this? Thinking of having my wedding dinner there this year. Thanks!
happy.gif

R

regent-bride

Hi gopher,

Have signed up with Regent, but way before the Taka Wedding Planner's Fair. My views on Regent is that generally they are not too negotiable when it comes to "deviations", ie. exchanging of items on the package, waiver of corkages,etc.

Guess they have their own corporate policy to follow, but have to admit that little things like that can mean alot to the wedding couple, who already have alot of issues to settle.

anyone has similar encounters to share?

bluebonnet

We had our wedding there this past January. The whole affair went very well. The captain for the evening was very professional and kept us on schedule.

As for the deviations, we probably had a different coordinator than who you would have. My original coordinator was Evelyn and she was quite accommodating, though we really didn't exchange much things. We exchanged the first year anniversary dinner for another night in the bridal suite and had the food tasting session later than their norm. They did not waive the corkage on the wine. So, we ended up getting the wine from them 'cos it would have cost more getting them from outside. The wine we got from them was pretty good. No corkage charge on hard liquor. Actually, one less thing to worry about if you get the wine from them since the wine will be there at the dinner.

I did throw a slight "fit" right before we finalize all the details. The table cloth color, VIP tables ribbons and flowers weren't quite the way I thought they would be when we booked it a year ago. Though, I wasn't there when we made the original reservation but my MIL sweared it looked better. Any hoo, to make it worse, I saw the new colors and guestbook that they were going to have for the 2003 wedding package and they are nicer than what they had in mind for our wedding. However, the new coordinator wasn't willing to let us use the new colors at first. At that point, my face was pretty black. hehehe. At the end though, she worked with us to get what we wanted. I might just have been too tense up right before the wedding.

All in all, I think Regent did a good job. The wedding was beautiful and the staff for the night was very professional. The flowers were well-arranged after we told them exactly how we wanted it. Also, my MIL asked the waitress to peel the shrimps for us and they did! Not to mention their bridal suite and champagne/snacks that came with the room were really nice.

We had the early dinner, which worked out very well. They brought up all the food that we didn't get a chance to eat to our room in warmers after the wedding dinner. They even set up a nice table for 2 and set the food there. And did I mentioned the cake? yum, yum...that was delicious!

oso32

Hi bluebonnet,

Glad that you have enjoyed your wedding
happy.gif
My wedding is not over yet and really hope that everything would turn out fine too.

My original co-ordinator is Evelyn as well, but another gentleman has since taken over. Totally agree that he is not as accomodating as Evelyn.

Since it is impossible to get them to reduce the corkage charges, we have also more or less decided to get the wine from the hotel as well ... save all the hassle! May I know which wine did u get and how much was it?
Agree that the new colors were much more beautiful that the old ones! Did u know that they even have a new design for their invitation cards? Really hope that they would let us use that instead of the old design!

As I mentioned in my earlier posting, little favours like these mean alot to the newly-weds! It would be good if they can help lessen our headaches!

priviledged

Hi bluebonnet, I too am a Regent bride. My wedding is in June. I'm a little apprehensive about the venue. Since they renovated the ballroom, it doesn't have the same warm feeling as before. I saw it one afternoon when some workers were putting in some finishing touches, so I'm hoping that because the place was a mess, that's why it didn't look so inviting.

Can I ask whether the 'flowers' you mentioned were supplied by the Regent or were they your own? How much floral decoration will they provide throughout the room?

oso32, my co-ordinator is Lewis. Is he the same guy as yours? Lewis is very polite but also not really accomodating. He seems to be tied down by too much red tape or something. We're not having any liquor at all (not even the champagne) but he won't substitute it with anything, not even more cards or anything. I enquired about early check-in, but he said that probably cannot. I'm soon going to ask to extend the hours on the extra day-room because my FIL to-be may need to use it if he soils his diapers (he's had a stroke and is in a wheelchair, unable to move). Wonder if Lewis is compassionate enough to extend the use of the room for just another couple of hours????

bluebonnet

Hi oso32,

Mine was handled by Agnes, not Lewis. We ended up getting the cheapest red and white wine on the list. Can't remember what they were exactly but they were under the Australian wine list. Think it was about $26 a bottle.

I am not sure I saw the new invitation cards that you are talking about. The "new" ones I saw were similar to the ones I had with the "he" word in the middle, except that the "new" one uses a traditional Chinese cheongsam kinda button to close the card instead of the ribbons. The ribbons did not work well at all. They blocked the "he" word and were hard to tie. I told Agnes that and that's when she showed me the improved cards.

Hi Priviledged,

I had my dinner in Tanglin on the second floor and it was well decorated and looked inviting. Saw the main ballroom arrangement as well and it looked good. So, don't worry. Probably the mess that the crew created while touching up the place. Plus, the attention will be on you that night.
wink.gif

At the end, I used the flowers that were within the original budget and did not pay extra. My theme was fuschia. Agnes told the florist to use flowers and fillers of that colour for the arrangement. I don't have soft copies of the wedding pictures with me now. When I get them, I'll show you how my flowers looked. They had 4 standing arrangements on the stage (or 2 if you choose ice carving instead) and another 2 standing arrangements at the door. There is another ball of flowers or something hanging across the room, plus table arrangement on every table. This is for the Tanglin room though. You may get more arrangements for the main ballroom since it is bigger.

Can't believe Lewis did not even let you substitute the champagne with more cards. Ridiculous. Can you ask for non-alcoholic champagne then? I suppose you didn't get to substitute the "free" barrel of beer that came with the package then? Speak of the No-U turn syndrome among Singaporeans that was recently published. Sigh...Did you read that? We returned the keys to the day room right before our 2nd march in to the captain who was in charge of the dinner. Told him we wanted to check out the room to make sure we didn't leave anything behind and he was fine with it. He wasn't in a hurry to get the keys back. I mean it is not like they can rent it out that night.

charlotte

Hi oso32,

My sister was a Regent bride, had the wedding in Dec'02. My first impression when I help choose the hotel, I felt the Regent lobby was very grand, outside sure look deceiving. Also was concerned about the cocktail area at the foyer. Did feel that it was too small initially. Agnes assured us that it would be fine and there will be no other guests there except ours. She was right, it turned out that the place was really cosy, my aunties and older folks sat at the sofa settee.

What you worry abt, i can say that my sis made the right choice. The food is from the chinese restaurant, at food tasting, the Chinese Chef even came out and met with my parents and get feedback from us. The deco is nice and elegant. My sis could choose her favourite flowers, Agnes was very experienced and really patient.

Luckily the wedding deco was the way my sis wanted, though her MIL had a different opinion, thanks to Agnes.

There were some extras we manage to get like extra cards, special rate for the wines and even extended the day use room for me. Ask for options and negotiate. It's your wedding and they will understand. So cheer up, hope my experience as my sister's co-ordinator will help you.

oso32

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks alot for your reassurance
happy.gif
Seems like Agnes is more accomodating than Lewis. Guess it's becoz as a lady, she can better understand how important the wedding means to us.

Hi bluebonnet,

May i know which printer u used for your invitation cards? Did u use inserts or direct printing onto the card? Think Jasvy is the one recommended by Regent. Am sourcing around for a printer, but most of them seem to be located at some industrial areas ... quite inconvenient leh!

Thanks
happy.gif

bluebonnet

Hi oso32,

My MIL took care of the printing. She used the printer recommended by Regent. Not sure if it is Jasvy or not. We printed it directly onto the cards. Think there are some printers at Bras Basah as well.

Hi pk,
Thanks for sharing your pics. You looked great! We had the same cake that you did. :) Mighty cool looking cake, eh?

Bluebonnet.

leo

Hi all,

I'm glad that I've made the right choice by having my wedding in Regent this coming Nov. Initially, I don't really like the location of the hotel, however heard many positive feedback about their cantonese food and prompt service; since both our families are so particular and fussy about food and service. Our parents, my fiance and I went down to meet the wedding consultant, Agnes. I had a very good impression of this lady. She was very patient with our parents and very detailed and yet flexible. We were impressed by her presentation and profesionalism. We signed up at the end of our discussion. Regent was our 1st stop and we didn't expect it to be the last stop. Well! Location wasn't my concern anymore, we just want someone to genuinely take care of our needs and we were so convinced and comfortable with her, who is ultimately be with us for our wedding planning. She shared some tips with us pertaining bridal boutique and photography which I really apreciate that. It really helps! :> I have so much confident that my wedding will be well taken care of. By the way, I love the hotel ambience, especially their renovated Ballroom. It simply cozy and beautiful! :>

P

pk

Hi Kitty/ Bluebonnet

Thanks!

Kitty, I used Vogue Bridal Arts at Hougang.. my actual day photographer was my hubby's friend from Memoires.

I think those pple who had held their wedding at Regent got this letter from Regent. For those friend you recommended n signed up wedding package within the next week, the wedding couple get some great perks, like complimentaary wine/ table, complimentary table/10 tables.. shld have this long ago.. would had saved more $$ esp from the wine! Any takers?

oso32

Hi all,

would like to check if anyone has contacted Regent to check on its postponement / cancellation policy with regards to the SARs outbreak? my wedding is next month and MIGHT comtemplate postponing it if the situation doesn't improve
sad.gif

this is a really tough decision to make ... especially during such difficult times, but guess we just have to face up to it!

take care, ladies
happy.gif

12know

Hi,

I just wonder for Regent Hotel Wedding.

Is Friday considered a weekday?

Your advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

trixie

Hi,

I heard that Grand Copthorne Waterfront is in the process of furnishing a smaller ballroom for about 25 tables...

glory

Hi All,

Being the bridesmaid for my girlfriend's wedding, helped to check the prices of hotels, Regent have 3 tier pricing. weekdays, weekends and Saturdays. Attended their wedding show recently, they have a special package called Simplicity Package at a real special price. After working out her sums and consideration,for what Regent is offering, it is really good value for money. She sign up for the simplicity package for her wedding in September about 23 tables.

Can call the wedding consultant or e-mail : [email protected]. She is really accommodating and understands what couples needs are.

The hotel's got a really nice feel after the renovations. Very comfortable ambience and yet very elegant. Makes you feel at home and the people are really professional.