jessica

Hi Slimmy,

You are welcome.
happy.gif

Here's another pic of the wedding cake
254056.jpg

bugbear

Hi Slimmy,

Yup, there is a wedding fair coming...i think it's Apr 17. I read about it in Style mag...$15nett per person. You may want to check out more details from the mag
happy.gif

colleen

Thanks Bugbear, is it 15 nett for per person or per couple ???

Hi Tougei,
Is the cake real one??

Hi Huiling, u so early reserve the sit for the wedding fair??

huiling

hallo slimmy it is $15 nett for a person. I have not reserved yet, but have decided to go see see.

the cake is not real
happy.gif

tou2

Hi gals.

Hi Huiling, thot you signed up liao? But you are still going to the bridal show hur? Do you know which BS is Regent tying up with?

By the way, have you sent me the PM already? Sorry abt that :p

bugbear

Hi Slimmy, yup, it's per person and i think it will include some food tasting or similar.

Hi Huiling, have u signed up with Regent already? Confirmed taking them?

huiling

hallo girls, I have not signed the contract yet because Sunil kept changing the meeting date. anyone has similar experience? More or less confirmed taking them, but have you seen the latest Style magazine? they showcase beautiful outdoor wedding concepts. very nice! tempted to throw away all the months of planning and have a beautiful wedding at the beach! but my fiance says no
happy.gif

anuyway, it's The Wedding Present that's having the show at Regent

scobido

hi huiling

i agree w u! haha the outdoor wedddg photos r real gd! now contemplating to have a separate celebrtion for my frz haha

btw, i read somewhere that the reception for regent is outdoor? iz true? if yes, it is great! cos i wanted to have outdoor reception but not many hotels hv that...

anyone has been to any outdoor weddg venue that holds less than 100 pax? tnx

bugbear

Huiling, think Sunil is very bz lately, with the new packages and the new themes. I have also been trying to get hold of him.

Yah yah...those outdoor wedding is SO beautiful...so romantic!

Moo, Regent reception is out at the lobby area...it's not a secluded area...dun reckon they cater to outdoor reception...i might be wrong tho...

For outdoor wedding venue, u can try Rasa Sentosa or beaufort. Personally, i think Rasa has a better view when it comes to outdoor wedding....beaufort's view not that fantastic. I think in the mag they mentioned this place called "The Sentosa" or something like that?

scobido

Hi Bugbear

Oic, so it is not outdoor reception for Regent hotel.

Yes,I fell in love w e outdoor weddg venue! Haha! Now planning to change my weddg plans.

U confirm takg up regent's pckg? btw, did u go to geomancer for your ad date and the an chuan etc?if yes, got contacts?

btw,i heard someone saying that there is one geomancer who is quite accurate and had seen many actors/actresses in spore...anyone has any idea where he stays or work?

bugbear

Hi Moo,

I am going to a geomancer either tonight or tomorrow. I think somewhere in the forum (not this thread) a gal actually consolidated a whole list of geomancers. Let me go see if i can find the thread, then i sent to you
happy.gif

I have not confirmed on Regent package yet cos i postponed my date to 2006 and their 2006 package is not out yet.

ling78

Hi all,

pretty interestin forum.. me holding banquet at Regent in Nov oso...

Has any1 signed up for e Miracles package tat was advertised in Style mag?

Hw diff is tat fr their normal 1?

bugbear

Harlow Gals...

Gals, need some help...
Can any of you share with me the perks that you are getting from Regent?
Eg: % of invites, carpark, food tasting?

Anyone have any idea if we can do tentative booking with Regent?

tou2

Hi gals.

Hi Bugbear, have they told you what's the theme for 2006 yet? I gotten 70% invites, 30% carpark, food tasting for 10, 2 nites stay, 1 overnite stay for parents, & 1 LCD. The rest are more or less within the package plus the choices they gave us. Think you let us know what's the 2006 package like then we can know what to bargain for. Don't think they do tentative booking though.

I'm going for my food tasting tomolo
happy.gif
Yeah, looking forward hehe...

sharkfynn

tougei!! your deal is so good!! Now i think i let them off easy with my package!!!
sad.gif
No projector, no free stay for parents! Or are they part of the amenities?

ling78

Thks Girl ren yu.

Agree with Sharky, tougei's deal is gd.
Only diff with urs is 1 overnite stay for parents.
I'm choosing another nite stay for myself fr e amenities..

Urs?

Ling

tou2

Hi gals. Just came back from a hectic day
happy.gif

Went for food tasting after my ROM this morning hehe... hmm...the chinese food's not bad. Overall comments are good
happy.gif
Let's start with the good ones

1) cold dish is served warm (ironical isn't it
happy.gif
) but that's good cos' the spring rolls are crispy etc and the duck is not too tough. Unfortunately, I don't hold high hopes that the dinner will be as well done since it is not served immediately.
2) I substituted the shark's fins for the bird nest. Not bad
happy.gif
More unusual and the bird nest is mild yet tasty
3) Fish ok - normal steamed fish lor
4) Sea cucumber and scallops are fresh and BIG. Very good

Now for the not so good
sad.gif

1) The noodles is bland
2) The Bi Feng Tang chix is dry, although the topping is not bad
3) Greatest disappointment is the dessert
sad.gif
We had 2 to try - the dark & white chocolate cake, and the cashew tart. The cake tastes more like mousse rather than cake but the presentation is good. The tart tastes good but the presentation is lousy. Like that how to choose? So I told Sunil and he says he will discuss with the capers chef and work something out.

Hmm... think at most I skip the dessert and go for the fondue at cocktail
happy.gif

Hi Sharky, I think I substituted the helpers' day use froom for the overnite stay
happy.gif

gorky

Hi all,

Did my food tasting a day before tougei's
happy.gif
The comments a bit different though, namely:
1) To us the noodles was one of the best dishes. The noodles are very succulent and there is enough flavour.
2) The bird's nest thing didn't work for us though. I suspect guests would be disppointed to find that most of the bits in the soup is winter melon instead of bird's nest. So for us we'll be taking the shark's fin.

Heh heh... i guess to each his own. But agree that the sea cucumber and scallops super big and fresh. Fish normal, i can't tell but my mom says it's very fresh too.

For us, overall we are happy with the food. Just hope actual day food would be nice too. Parents & Parents-in-law were also impressed with the hotel itself, so that's a big plus
happy.gif

Also had a look at their new guestbook that has similar designs to the new invites. Quite nice though bit small, but we're taking it anywayz :D

Still trying to negotiate the overnite stay to something else. Apparently Iggy's out of the question cos they are a tenant, so have to see what else they offer.

Does anyone has any good ideas for the 1st dish song? Want to have something unique instead of the usual stuff.

pinkimi

Hey gal,

Anyone has priscillia as their coordinator. Find it is a bit difficult to contact her, and she doesnt work on satuday (at least last and this sat). And after arrangement, still try to change date.

Anyway, I will be meeting her soon. Just wonder what kind of package did you all manage to negotiate, beside the amenities? Anyone manage to get food tasting for 10pax on top of that? Find that it is really difficult to negotiate with them. Not to mention the 5k deposit. Anyting to look out for on the contract?

Thanks

cadburina

Tougei can I find out with respect to the cards does the hotel provide only cards and that we are meant to buy own inserts and gold strings/ribbons? Or are cards, inserts and envelopes all included?

tou2

Hi gals.

Hi gorky. Haha... we must have had different chefs
happy.gif
Didn't get to see the new favours and guest book. I will proby meet Sunil again next week to confirm the invites.

I haven have time to think of songs yet. thinking of getting jazz songs to compliment the jazz band
happy.gif

Hi Pinkmi, you should be looking at the 2006 packages right? I did get food tasting for 10px. They didn't put up much "struggle" for that so should be quite easy to get that perk. I didn't bargain much for the deposit
lame.gif
but perhaps you should since $5k is really a large sum.

Hi Cadaryne. Yep, the hotel only provide 60-70% of the cards. We have to arrange with printers on the inserts or if you want, hotstamping. But I think they should include the envelopes
happy.gif

pinkimi

Hi tougei,

I am actually looking at the 2005 packages.
We requested for other perks since we will not be taking the wedding invites and wedding favours. And in exchange, we get food tasting for 10pax. But I feel that it is not a good deal. So now, I am trying to negotiate for more, preferably wine.

As for the 5k deposit, I was told that it is the hotel policy. To gals who just booked this year, is 5k a norm? According to my frens, the other hotels only need 2-3k.

gorky

Hello all!

Tougei - hee yup. Keeping my fingers crossed for the big day
happy.gif
We've decided to choose a jazz song for the 1st dish now. Apparently there is some lighting display show before the 1st dish, we will forego that, in case it is too obiang...heh

For the favours we took a mixture of the chinois & jazz key chains.

As for invites, the hotel will provide the envelopes and the cards. You have to get your own inserts. I'm not sure whether they are still getting the the cards from American Wedding Treasures. But if they still are, do ask the hotel to fax the cards order to the shop first, so that they can prepare the stock for you. I actually went down to the shop twice because i wasn't told that orders need to be made by the hotel in advance.

Pinkimi - i booked last year and paid 5K (ouch!) There was an interest-free installment available then with UOB. Not sure if they still have it now.

Big day in less than 3 weeks... kancheong man.. now trying to sort out the seating plan.

tou2

Hi Pinkmi, oic
happy.gif
So your wedding in 2005? Oh I tried to exchange the favours for wine too but unsuccessful. Only managed to exchange it for waiver of corkage on 2 caskets. Not worth it cos' the favours were bought in bulk at less than a dollar each.

Hi Cadryne, no leh, I think the hotel only provide cards and envelopes. The inserts are simply plain pieces of white or pink paper on which the words are printed. Some couples ask for hotstamping instead for which there is no need for the inserts.

Hi gorky, goodness what lightning display? Did you ask for details? I heard of one hotel where the first dish comes with some red bicycle lights type in tune to some silly music. Hope Regent's is tasteful
kao_wink.gif

Oh, I just had my PS yesterday. Went to Regent. I must compliment them on their excellent service. I asked for a room to change in and although they were full-house, Sunil went down to get us a room which the occupants did an early checkout. He even ordered drinks for all, including my photographers and MUA and a sandwich for me - all on the house. They even obliged to open the bar so that I can take pics inside. Even my MUA was impressed with the service. Thumbs up for Regent
biggrin.gif

ashly

Can I know who this Sunil is? I've checked out the wedding consultants in charge of the wedding banquet coordination and they are all females. He sounds real nice and tries hard to accede to various requests.

tougei, do u mind sharing ur PS photos at Regent with me (when they're out, of course)? I was also thinking of having PS at Regent but the lady I inquired from didn't sound very helpful. She's more concerned abt the guests(reads: caucasians) at the bar, at the cafe, at the pool rather.

Pinkimi, we meet again huh. Looks like we're going to have the same BS and hotel...

tou2

Hi Ashley

Sunil is the Director of catering and sales
happy.gif
Yep, we are very lucky to get him as our co-ordinator. But I'm sure he will help if you talk to him. We didn't spend alot of time there and took our PS mainly at the #2 lift lobby and the bar. No one yet at the bar cos' it wasn't open till 530pm. We didn't go down to the lobby cos' alot of ppl walking around. Very paisei. Didn't go to the pool either cos' it is quite small and not very impressive. So actually it wasn't very disruptive at all.

Sure, no prob to show you the pics. But I think it will take them more than a month to process after we choose them on Mon. Remind me again yar? In case I forgot
happy.gif

cadburina

Thank you Tougei. Do you know where I can buy cheap ribbon to tie my cards? Ribbon bought from Hotel Vendor seems very expensive at about $13 a roll of 30 yards. I will also require at least 10 of those. If you dont mind me asking one more question, any cheap contact to recommend for Hot Stamping? Thank you so much once again.

gpsl

I'm new here and currently considering holding my banquet either Regent or Intercontinental. I went to Regent last week and I like the ballroom. We tried to negotiate for better perks but the co-ordinator simply did not give in. Heard from the co-ordinator that there will be a saxophonist playing the saxophone that night for about 20 min. Does anyone know if we can choose the music to play? Do you get to see the saxophonist before the actual day?

cadburina

You should talk to Sunil. He is friendly and very approachable. If you want to see the saxophonist before actual day he may be able to help. Hope you can join the Regent club

ashly

... how to tell them I want Sunil huh? Does it mean that you can only deal with the coordinator you placed a deposit with?

tou2

Hi gpsl

I am thinking of meeting up with the saxophonist as well. Haven asked Regent yet. Will let you know the outcome
happy.gif
Is the 2006 package out yet?? What's the themes like?

Hi Ashley, Saw my PS pics yesterday. In the end I took 4 pics of Regent. But my pics only ready in mid-May so do remember to remind me yar?

pinkimi

Wow, so many updates here. Just wondering, if it is possible to change coordinator now? I have yet to pay the deposit.

Thanks tougei for all the info. I will like to catch a glimpse of your photos when they are ready.

ashly, when is ur AD?

I was told by the coordinator that there will be a wedding, think jazz theme, on 28mar. So we will hop down to take a look.

gpsl

Hi tougei,

Thanks in advance. I think that's the only thing that Regent has but not Intercontinental hotel. The 2006 themes will only be out in the coming bridal show. So don't know anything yet.

ashly

peggy,

Regent is showcasing their 2006 package in their upcoming show with The Wedding Present. You can check it out at the show.

huiling

hallo! anyone had any cheap and good printer to recommend? for those who are keen to know, regent's latest range of cards are from Lil Art.

Tougei, how's wedding prep coming along? taken your photos yet?

tou2

Hi gals.

Hi Huiling, I am currently looking for printer now
happy.gif
I have spoken to lil'art. Lilian is very friendly and helpful. Their charges for Regent's brides is comparable to T-dragon. But when I called Tdragon, the lady machiam pluck the price from the air, even when I gave her some weird no like 275. Maybe when you call her, she will give you another price? Heard from frens that Jasvy is cheaper. But also heard bad comments on its service. So I am not sure whether to take the chance or not.

Which of the cards you are taking?

I have just taken my PS but will be taking my album only in May
sad.gif
Now like nothing to do much till end Apr/May liao...