Rasel Catering Singapore Pte Ltd

seline

Hi Dreymin,

I have tried the coconut prawn and mutton rogan josh for my food sampling. Coconut prawn something quite special compare to other cooking style. It's also dry and alot of dry shredded coconut. Mutton rogan josh taste something like dry curry but with very little coconut milk.
I will be taking this two dishes for my wedding cause my In law love it.

Hope this helps!

Hi Jazol

Elsie is a nice lady, hope she can give you a good quotation. Good Luck!!!

michelle_

Hi dreymin

I tasted the coconut prawn before, quite unique, something special compare to others. Mutton rojan josh thumb up!

Hi Jazol

Did you manage to get a good menu from Elsie?

How's your meet up with Elsie?

tryphena

Hi seline n michelle,

Elsie gave us a good quotation and we r quite satisfied with it. We had changed the dish cos my family dun quite like it. I am glad tat they can do a good job for church wedding cos we had used for the 1st time as most of our frens took those common caterers.

jaskee

Hi Ladies,

I'm new here, hope to get some feedback about this catering as I'm planning my wedding next year.

jaci

My experience with them not so pleasant:

1. My event at 1pm but they came before 12...11+ and started the warmer (I was not even home yet and my mum was not sure and didn't stop them)...so some food like boh boh cha cha becomes so thick!!!

2. I wanted spring roll but the sales person told me that it might soggy so I chose samosa....they were also soggy when they arrive!!! The otah was the worst otah I have ever eaten!

3. Best part, one of my main item (chicken) was missing. When I called the office, someone picked the call and told me that noo ne was working on sunday, you can only reach the boss on Monday. Later, I found out from the sales person on monday that another customer called them to inform them that they have an extra dish which is of course my chicken. I am so embarrassed with my buffet during the event bcos already nothing much to eat and one dish can disappear!!!

Though they have refunded me the missing item but I find it hard to 'forgive' them.

If you want to patronize them, just make sure u get the delivery man's contact number!!!

tryphena

hi jaci,

who's ur sales co-odinator? and she shld ensure tat all these are properly planned out. Indeed its not nice for us as a host to hv all these tins nt worked out as planned.

michelle_

Hi Jaslyn

I tried their food during the food sampling session at art musuem. I find their food above average and their set-up look lovey. rest ensure! I think jaci are one of the unlucky one. Oops! jaci no offence okay! They also cater for my friend church wedding last dec. even thier fussy inlaw also said it's yummy!

seline

Jaslyn,

I'm also catering from them for my wedding. I tried their food. Yummy! especially shepherd's pie and lamb carving, Super!

jaskee

Hi michelle & seline

Thanks for the good comment, it really ease my mind. I tried their food very often for company function but not sure about their standard for wedding. I have no problem with food selection but what worried me most is the setting up and decoration. They alway give silk flower for company function but not so sure about their wedding decor. Agreed with seline that their shepherd pie yummy.....

Do you all mind to share with me your package?

[email protected]

ashlady

hi weddin,
I've emailed u something
happy.gif

tryphena

Hi Moos,

Where did you arrange for your food sampling test? For ours we had it at our home cos they had a meeting in their office and accomodate us. They had a professional set up at our home just like a buffet set up....

Prob you can check your co-ordinator why does this happen.

msy

Hi ladies,

I am new here, can anyone of you kindly share with me their quotation. I am thinking of using them for my wedding next yr.

Thanks

ctsq

Hi everyone,

Shortlisting Rasel as caterer for my church wedding.
But do u guys normally discount some people off for catering.
For e.g. u have 100 guest, if we order for 80, will the food be sufficient?

Anyone can advise?

jesslau

Hi All,

I just sampling their food yesterday. Frankly I find that their food really nice. Like what Jazol say they had a professional set up at our home just like a buffet set up.... I had book their service for my wedding in July 07. Heard that they are quite tied up for wedding booking in 2007. My coordinater mention that they are only able to take up 2 weddings a slot and the worst thing is the decoration, only 1 sets for each color. Very panic!!!

CTSQ

I guess if we are catering for normal home party it should be okay to have some buffer but not for wedding. Later food not enough kinda pai seh! So when is your wedding date?

tryphena

Jessica, If you had booked and made downpayment shld hv no worries. Cos whn I booked they oso told me that they can onli take in 1 more so we panic and booked them once we had firm the items.

CTSQ, they will usually gives about 10-20% extras but it still depends on urself. Recently my fren catered for their church wedding and heard that balance alot. As for me, we will be hvg abt 210-220 but we might onli be ordering 200 pax food quantity.

jesslau

Jazol

May I know when's your wedding date? I have sign up with Rasel already, now only pending for the color theme.

jesslau

Hi Jazol

27 Jan HOT dates you know? My mun got someone to check the date but location & catering side fully book. that's why i change my date. You very lucky!

tryphena

Hi Jessica,

My mom went to chk on the date last yr once the tong shu is out. Didnt noe tat its a hot date till tis yr. We had booked the location last yr May cos our AD is actually on 14 Oct 06 bt my mum said no good so we changed. N our caterer was onli arranged mid of tis yr whn we know that its a hot date. even my PG and VG was oso consider quite last min and thank God all were available. *Phew*

weddinstory

hi,

need advice. u mean we can hv food sampling athome? they will deliver? no need to go their office? my weddin next mth, i hv not gone for food sampling.

jesslau

Hi weddin

I guess it depends on which package you sign with them. Last time when my friend book them for weddng also don't entitle for sampling. I believe it because of the group size. I requested to taste their food first before ordering and I paid for my sampling so it make a different.

Not too worried. I tried their food, yummy! even my super fussy cantonese IL also like their food.

So when's your wedding date?

tryphena

Hi weddin,

I tink you can request for food sampling before ordering as when you order from them they waive off the sampling cost and offset from your orders.

As for venue for sampling it will depend on them cos at my time, cos their office is not available so they asked to do it at my plc. Their food is nice.

jesslau

Hi Jazol

Have u choosen your color already? Not sure whether what color is nice, their range of color quite wide

tryphena

Hi jessica,

apologise for replying late cos didnt visit tis thread for awhile. btw, regarding the color theme my sales co-ordinator told me tat they will follow my theme and colors.

jesslau

Jazol

I kinda like the idea of red & gold or white & pink. Still deciding whether which one is better. That time I went to see a set up a Asian Civilisation Musuem which they had red & gold. It's looks warm and the color stand out the River room color. Elsie told me that light color will not stand out the color for buffet line cos the musuem room are dark orange in color

eminozy

hello all am interested to get rasel too and doing calculations as we speak...... ok just wondering.... if lets say u order one of them menus which is about $15 per head for about 40 people that makes about $600 right? and then after that we need to also rent the tables and chairs and deco... so at least how much are we looking at, at the end of the day? Can i say about $1500? DO they also include tablewares and so on, are they disposables or not? and then if we need to pay for them too, then we looking at a total of... $2500? IF thats the price is it better to go to a hotel then?

Please advise! thanks girls!

peixian

hi emilia jo

I think you won't need to spent that much, why not you call them up to check better than making all wild guessing.

I'm also getting their services. I believe they won't disappoint you as well.

tryphena

oh jess, my co-ordinator oso Elsie she hasnt mentioned anytin abt my decor yet...

yes emilia, i m oso using them for my church wedding tis 27 i trust that they are professional enuff to do it...

padi

Hi all! I am presently trying to confirm my caterer and am considering Rasel. So far am pleased with Elsie over the phone. She is very helpful and obliging.
happy.gif
Any thing I should look out for before we sign the contract?

jesslau

Hi Hui

I think it's quite straight forward. So long as you look throught the contract and ask whatever question you not sure, that's all.

I also liase with Elsie, so far quite pleased with her services and food. Remember to book earlier, we share the same popular date.

padi

Jessica: Thanks for your tip.
happy.gif
I took up the last slot on our AD. :p Thankfully there's still one more. Are you doing tea or lunch?

padi

Jessica: Think she said max of 2 at each slot. Hehe. Are you the couple who has booked the nice candle lookalike centre pieces? So pretty!

I signed with Rasel last night, sealing their jobs for wedding receptions on 070707. :D

jesslau

Hui

Elsie told you about the candle stand? Ya! I'm booking 6 pieces for my wedding at night to create a centre march in. I fall in love with the candle stand when I first saw that, so beautiful!

Lucky you, book earlier! A friend of mine wanted to book them in March but I think the date she wants fully book already so she can't cater from her them. I think she is looking at a alternate date or change caterer. Heard from Elsie that lots of date in March fully book also. Guess also good month.

richelle

For those who had tasted Rasel

Is there any food in Rasel which you will recommend? Planning to arrange them to delivery the food sampling.

Care to share their food and services? Thinking to use them for my wedding.

tryphena

hi richelle, i just finished my wedding last week...

my guests commented the food is great... they say the roast beef, cereal prawns, pineapple rice, laksa and shepherd's pie not bad...

so rest assured if you are attended to by Elsie no probs...

richelle

Hi jazol

You just finish your wedding last week? How's their decor like? Is it good enough for wedding or I have to add in my own decor? Please advise me. I'm also attended by Elsie, so far so good. Roasted Beef sound great but they don't allow to have that for sampling. *SAD* But maybe I will try the cereal prawn and rice.

Any other dishes from other BTB?