Rasel Catering Singapore Pte Ltd

mad_bride

Hi, anyone used or tried Rasel before for catering of buffets? How's the presentation/set-up and food quality?

ebell

HI mad
I just went to Graceful Image fair today, Razel Fusion was there, they having a food tasting in Apr, u may wanna check out their website for this. For those who went for to the fair, it is FOC and the food tpday oso FOC and not too bad. BUt I read some one's comments oso say food little.

jozy

HI ebell,

where do you see on their website that they are having food tasting in Apr? I went to their site, but unable to see any food tasting dates

sky_blue

Hi gals,

I use them on my church wedding and feedback yummy. Relative and friend praise that the mee siam & laksa are yummy. My guest will so happy with the food and they have done uo a nice set up for me. they are flexible in changing menu and have giving me a good suggestion. Friendly services. I did'nt try out the food on that day but ever try them on my friend church wedding. lucky i pick rasel if not don't noe what will happen

scobido

Rasel is having their workshop on 11/09/05. Old Parliament Hse.
happy.gif

jess18

Anyone knows whether we will receive any notification for the Rasel workshop if we have register for it? I have signed up online last month but did not receive any letter or email from them...

littleo2

Tink they'll call you when the date is nearer. I've been to the previous workshop and that was the procedure, not too sure if will be the same tho.
happy.gif

ebell

HI gals,
HOw was the food tasting? I went to another site, alot of brides complain leh..y ar? the last time I went for their workshop, their food not bad

scobido

food was gd. thumbs up.

maybe different pple has different taste. both my husband, myself and our couple friends like their food.
happy.gif

ebell

Honestly,
I find their service v gd. I loss my venue and when the sales pple found out, they called me to recommend alternative venues and even made tentative bookings for mua. Although Fh and mua yet to decide on venue, we r really impress by their service.

Thumbs up
happy.gif

Ebell

von

Hi all brides and grooms to be,

Any more comments ant Rasel food? I might be engaging them and want to know the food quality, etc. Please advise.

hopsim

Their service is not bad from my previous experience in corporate catering....provided you go past their hard sell tactics for weddings.

I went for their wedding workshop and found their food so-so and not to my interest as most of it were the premium stuff while we were only interested in the normal buffet items for church reception.

I know their food standard is not too bad as my previous company used them quite often. HOwever, their pacakge is not as attractive as some other companies.

During the workshop, I was chatting with the manager and was keen to further discuss after he realise that I know quite a lot about their food catering due to my previous company that I worked in and the chruch that I'm from. He directed me to one of his more able assistants for her to explain more about the packages.

However, that lady tried hard selling to me and I wasn't impressed. I told her I need to consider more and didn't want to put down a deposit on the spot. She asked me what I was hesitant about and I told her about other attractive packages from the rival comapanies and she tried to dig out further information about which company I was talking about. When she finally found out which company I was referring to, she immediately slammed and criticised the company very badly. That really left a sour taste in mouth, esp since we already mentioned that we did not fulfil what we wanted to do in the 1st place-that was to sample the food that we will have at the wedding, not the premium items. She became so defensive and her tone was almost like an argument and that was when 2 of us decided not to make our decision that day but consider more. Then she went on the be slightly sarcastic by saying you get to save a few hundred dollars with the discount of signing up today. I said I wasn't interested and she continued to say wah...you know that few hundred dollars can get you a nice tea dress which some others cannot afford and I told her I wasn't interested and we left.

That hard sell tactic aside, I thought it wasn't very professional of her to slam and criticize her rival companies in the manner she did.

Maybe some of you will have a better experience in negotiating a good package with them =)

von

hi hope,

Is the lady u refering by the name EXXXX ?

U were saying most of the food is those premium stuff? so you didnt get to taste their stuff @ all ?

hopsim

Not sure what her name is but can still remember how she looks like.

The food at the workshop were mostly premium stuff. Yes there were food like noodles, chiciken wings but the majority were premium like scallops, shepard's pie, carving station....they even had a fondue corner.

I got to taste the premium items and when we asked her about the normal items, she said it was unfortunate that they cannot cater to eveyone's needs and the workshop was to showcase how they are adept at the different cuisines, which are not part of the standard items.

So the wedding workshop is not the place to taste their standard buffet line, it is to showcase all the premium items.

von

hi hope,

Thanks. The food u mentioned sounds good, but I guess the service really play a big part too.

Think have to think twice to select them liao.

ebell

Ehh...Guess my experience v different. E**** if we talking abt the same person did v gd follow up. And her colleague even went to hunt for a venue for me when I loss mine. Then when confirm not using them, they ok leh...they must have followed up on me at least 10 or more time..hehhe.

hopsim

I just attended my fren's church wedding where they had Rasel for a premium tea reception. If i'm not wrong, they had the $28/pax package where there were premium food items, carving station with glass and crockery for all guest.

The food was good and layout was ok. However, the staff were unable to cope with the crowd. There was 2 food buffet line but only 1 queue per food point. This made the queue for the food quite long. Most caterers I know would have 2 queues for 1 line...this would ensure a faster flow and shorter queues.

Then the staff could not handle the number of guest "attacking" the food. Plates, forks and spoons were not replenished till some time later. Food also ran out and was only replenished when most of the guests had given up trying to get more food to eat.

There were cocktail tables for guest to stand and eat but the tables ended up being used as plate stacking table as we did not know where to leave the plates after finishing our food.

Overall quite messy in terms of logistics as the caterer seemed to be unable to cope with all the plates and topping up of food.

Food wise, it was tasty and delicious. If you're keen on using them, just have to check with them on the small things like topping up of food and and number of queues for the various food points.

von

Hi hope,

Oh, tt is great. For me, No1 crtieria is the food must be tasty, No.2 Service.

Thanks for telling me that, so that I can pt things out with negotiaiting with them and hopefully dun allow mistake to be repeated @ my function.

Hi Ebell,
since their service were so gd for u, why you didnt use them ?

ebell

New; Cos I dun have a venue. I am still looking if get a venue that requires or allow external caterer will confirm them but looks q unlikely at tis moment so will prob use them for company functions instead.

ashly

But my sister whose company used them before said that her colleagues all felt that their food was "yucky". That made me strike it off my list.

von

Hi ashly,

i have engage them in my company lunch for xmas, i will say their food is good and almost all my colleague thinks it nice. So I am not sure why the food were that bad in your sister's company function that the verdict is "yucky"

michelle_

Hey Gal,

Can anyone tell whether is Rasel good in doing wedding catering. I thought of engaging them for my wedding in Dec 06

michelle_

Hi Ladies,

I have book my package with Rasel. They cater for my friend wedding. Very nice set-up! Food I did'nt really taste but no complain from her fussy relative so should be okay!
kao_cheers.gif

gs1979

hi gals, i've engaged Rasel Food for my AD Tea Ceremony at my parent's place. Find their price quite reasonable. Hope the portion wont b v little.

yummymilk

hi michelle, can pm me your package too? enquired thru their website but no reply yet.. who did u liaise with? thanks

michelle_

tiglet

Sometime it could be due to server problem. Maybe you can try calling them. I liaise with Elsie. I have detail for food & wedding favours. The rest not firm yet. Infact for food i have not decide which to take. Going for their workshop on Sunday to select my dishes. Are you going?

ashlady

hi michelle,
nice to see u here
happy.gif
So did u finally booked with Rasel? heh..me too! Coz they've 10% off..which is good coz it means i can get a $12 tea menu but still work within my budget of abt $10 per pax. How did u find the food? I love their desserts! So yummy!

michelle_

AshLady

I book with them month ago, the purpose of going is to taste and see the presentation only. Lucky my fussy ILs like the food so they are leaving the selection of menu to me. hehe!!!

My date very popular so can't wait for the 10% discount. Anyway I kind of like their food and presentation lor! Who did you speak with on that day? My ordinator is Elsie, can see that she very busy so i also never go disturb her only later part than i touch up my details with her.
bounce.gif

ashlady

hi Michelle,
I think Elsie is the wedding coordinator. But i didnt get to speak to her..spoke to a lady whom i cant remember her name. heh...my friend who was there told me the food was not nice. But i think the food is not bad lei! heh..different ppl got diff taste buds. Have u decided on the color theme? I like what i saw at the workshop..very sweet & romantic.

michelle_

Hi AshLady

I also prefer the color theme they have during the workshop. Guess we share the same taste!!!
Haven tell Elsie about my color theme, will only inform they like 2 or 3 month ahead just in case I change my mind.

ashlady

hi michelle,
heh..Elsie told me inform them 1 month ahead can already
happy.gif
So now, at least the food is settled! We also settled the menu when we signed up in case we forget.

michelle_

hi ashlady,

I should be able to inform her 2 or 3 month ahead after i select my gown color. my menu not settle yet. All the food looks yummy to me, how?

ashlady

hi michelle,
eh, i thought u were there with ur in-laws to settle the menu? hee..i remember the roast beef with sauce being very nice! I also wish i can have ALL their sweetie desserts! haha...just have to go with ur feeling when it comes to food
happy.gif

michelle_

Hi AshLady

My ILs also cannot decide wat she wants, she tried all their dishes during the workshop now she is complaining too much varity don't know which one to choose, all looks yummy to her also. Old ppl are like that, too little varity they complain now too much also complain. Very hard to please them. But good things is they like the food if not I kana nag again. Sian!

I can't decide what I want leh, All the food looks so yummy to me, I tot of changing some main dish to dessert, I check with Elsie and she say is possible to change, menu very flexibe.

R you a dessert person? I love most of their dessert like Strawberries Choco Dip, Green Tea Mochi, Eclairs, CReam Puff, Danish Pastries, Choco Brownies, Cheesecake, Fruit Tartlets and many more, how to choose? drool!
kao_drool.gif