Raffles Town Club

fudgecake

hi Evisu,

try getting corkage waiver, additional cards and complimentary parking. I think if sign up during the wedding fair, they will throw in extra stay for couple and free room for your co-oridinators on the day itself. for the ballroom, usually need min 40 tables. maybe u can bargain on reducing the min tables to 35 or 38 so that u have some buffer
happy.gif

fudgecake, i miss their wedding show so prob hav to wait for their next wedding show..meanwhile, tentative book my date. i luv their huge ballroom.
Any idea hw many wedding theme they have? i heard of this secret garden theme.. Anyone have the pic?

movin

hi, I've got left-over Raffles Town Club wedding invitation cards. They are in very good condition and I would like to them give away to whoever needs them. There are 30 cream ones and 60 pink ones with envelopes. Do PM me if you need them.

fwy

Hi Movin
When is your wedding going to be held in RTC? Yes I need more RTC wedding cards. how can i get it from you?

tks

stery

Hi all

Can anyone send me the fotos of the ballroom, reception area etc via [email protected]?

We are planning to hold a weekend dinner, most probably ard 30 tables. I heard the minimum tables is 40. Do u think they will offer us any package for 30 tables?

Our main consideration is whether the food is nice and whether the portion is enough for all. Would appreciate comments on this. Thank you in advance ^_^

poorthing

i have a collegue who have attended her fren's dinner recently. she say the couple lost 12k. she had 45 tables on sun. and she say RTC package does not complimentary any beer or wine. Is it true?

dolphin48

Hi, i had my wedding here Jan last year and I didn't lose any $$... in fact, i even made some and covered for my bridal package. I had 52 tables on a Sun too and i remember it was raining the whole day and i was worried that guests will not turn up last min. Anyway, it turn out to be a great success, great food, great service and till now, my mum's friends still remember the event. I think they do offer 1 barrel of beer but no wine. What I did was to exchange the wedding favors and cards for another barrel of beer as I did my own cards and bought my favors from bkk instead.
However that was a year ago so not sure if the service has dropped but when I went back for my complimentary 1st year anniversary stay at RTC earlier this year, the service was still as good then. If buy the package during the fair, you will usually get an extra night stay. When I signed the contract, I only gave a guarantee of 30 tables and hence I did not get the 10% disc given during the fair but when my tables shot up to 50, my coordinator then gave me the 10% disc per table as agreed then and i got to use the rolls royce on the AD itself as my wedding car. But make sure all these are written black and white in the contract.

poorthing

oic.. Daphne then i think u r quite lucky. my collegue's fren not so lucky. perharps her friend's and relative's angbao are quite small..
hmm 12k is really alot wor
i also rmb she mention that fod tasting must give angbao to the chef. is it true? if nobody tells me, i also dunno its a must to give angbao for chef. i think she say must give $88.

dolphin48

elyn, i don't remember giving any AP to the chef leh.... only tell chef what changes i want niah.... i only gave AP to my coordinator that's all....
i think it doesn't matter where you hold the wedding.... it's just pure luck whether you make or lose... but as long as you enjoy the whole process, then it shouldn't matter.

ilovedance

Hi everyone, this is my first posting here.
happy.gif

Have gone to RTC and met up with Guek Peng. Nice place but don't really have the hotel feel if you are looking for those feel la. Hit a certain number of tables and they let you have a rolls royce for AD.. definitely something different from the hotels that people always attend for wedding dinners (can be quite boring these days i feel..)

The suites i heard are very nice too... Din have chance to take a look cos that day was fully booked. However, they have a wedding fair coming up in sept/nov (sorry details with hubby) and will open up the suites for viewing (straits suite). http://www.rafflestownclub.com.sg

RTC has the date i need but actually was also considering Novotel Clarke Quay but they are so popular!

The dates left are different from my preferred dates. Looking to hold it in Sunday June 08 but they only have Fridays left. Anyone has experience of having the day ceremony separate from the banquet itself?

I have heard from frens tt RTC dinners are very good though, some even say it is one of the best wedding dinners they have had.

cutienottikitty

Hi,

I'm holding my dinner there coming oct... the bridal suite is super... very very romantic ... and the fact that i'm holding my church wedding on a separate day from my dinner... this will allow me time to enjoy the suite..
happy.gif

I had a friend who held his dinner there last yr...and i will say...it's good... my FH also went to another of his friend's dinner and said that the food is good too..that's why we decided to choose RTC... going for food tasting next mth..will be able to post more on the food next mth..
happy.gif

divine_genie

hi hi, i just found this thread.. I've confirmed my booking with RTC begenning of this yr and my wedding is 24 May 08. It was the 2nd place i went to and i placed a deposit as i like they only have 1 ballroom. minimint, i can't share as i can't remember what my package encompasses..

However, i forgot to check if they have valet parking service.. Do they have? Can it be arranged?

yun11

Hi!

Has anyone done a lunch/ high tea reception at RTC? I was thinking of taking up their Bliss Package so would really appreciate feedback.. Thanks
happy.gif

divine_genie

hi kelvin, to me i think it's quite accessible.. central location, no erp (unless govt decides to add additional gantries there), near exits of E'way and spared of jams unlike suntec area when they have some mega exhibition.

fruitypeach

Hi all, I'm also having my ROM there.
My coordinator is Bridget.

I just went to view the private lounge yesterday, and it looks kinda small. But it's really cosy with sofas at the sides. I am considering the romance tea package and inviting about 35-40 guests.. I asked her about the decor, she said fresh flowers will be used but i am afraid they won't turn up way i want.

I also wanted to top up for their suite so I can get my MUA to do my makeup there before the event starts... it costs $180.. do u think it's worth it? By the way, can anyone recommend what's nice on their buffet menu?

kitty_33

dear all,

i held my rom at rtc lounge on 2nd June. Overall comment is great!
Feedback from my guests 1. service is great!They paid attention to details and very service oriented, comparable, if not, better than in hotels! 2. Nice food! I will recommend the satay, pandan chicken, breaded prawns (very yummy i heard n i tried hahaha ) 3. nice decor u r most welcome to view my photos n video at http://fengnshan.multiply.com/ for a better idea of the actual set up.
The room is very nicely decorated too! Overall, we were very satisfied with everything :D We had a great time. In fact, we will be holding our wedding dinner there on 11th Nov.

Hope it helps ;)

champ

Hi Kitty,

I'll be having my wedding dinner at RTC also on 9th Dec. Any idea when the coordinator from rtc will contact you on the arrangements?

kitty_33

hi sp lim,
May i know what do u mean by arrangements?
for food tasting, i called to arrange it myself and the programme of the night, i will email to my coordinator abt 3 weeks before banquet?
Anything unclear, u can call them, they're quite friendly
happy.gif

sherryt

Hi I just went for the bridal show at RTC today, did anyone else go?

Thot the ballroom looked great, very romantic... the suite was pretty nice too...

ferny

Hi Sherry, I went too and signed up during the wedding show too. Agreed that the suite was pretty nice, but any idea would they decorate the suite as well on the AD

sweetpea

Hi ladies..its been a long time since I was here. I had my wedding dinner at RTC in July 05 and now am helping a friend to check up some stuff in this forum. From the looks of the RTC packages offered, they look very much like what I had 2 years back.

Anyway for those taking the Rolls Royce..it was really a wonderful experience...everyone on the road would be staring at you and your rolls royce
happy.gif
btw, I had the driver from RTC included as well..very professional.

For food, I had no complaints, only compliments. Reception area was big enough to accomodate all the guests. They even had had a string quartet (or was it a Trio) providing live entertainment during the reception which I did not expect. I heard they were visiting entertainers. (But note that this was not included in the contract and was probably my good fortune that they were here)

As for minimum no. of tables, they only have one ballroom and it can accomodate 50-60 tables (I had 55). So this is the reason why they need to maximize the space with min 40 tables. Even then, the ballroom was cozy yet spacious, and without pillars. Just that the ceiling is not a high as many hotels.

Decor was ok, nothing very fantastic but good enough as with 5 star hotels. Fresh flowers, backdrops, chair sashes for all. Depends on the theme you choose.

What I loved best was the bridal suite. Suite was decorated with balloons and the suite comes with a jacuzzi. Even on the anniversary night stay, we had a similar room and balloons. So just some thoughts from an old bride.

cutienottikitty

Hi gals,

i just had my wedding dinner at RTC on the 22nd Oct 07..i will say...i am totally blown over by their service...it's just the perfect dream wedding that I've planned...

the suite is decoratated as shown during their wedding fair... the pillarless ballroom is just grand...

i've got too many good things to say about them... overall, the comments about the wedding was great... even the very fussy ones said the food was great, the decoration was perfect...

best of all is... they all commented that it's much better than the 6 star hotels...and i will agree hands down...

some even commente that the wedding was really very grand...i will just say...the team at rtc really outdone themselves once again...

my hubby already wrote a letter of commpliments to them...cos they made our day...=D and also made my grand princess dream come true...=D

musical_box

Hi Kitty 33

Congratulations for your wedding held yesterday.
Wanted to ask how do u find the decor, food, room and service at Raffles town club.
Thanks.

cutienottikitty

hihi..sorry..didn't check in here for a long time...

SP Lim... my coordinator is Judy..the catering manager... and my butler for the nite is Yan... a malay guy who's very good looking and very professional...

fen... u can view my photos at... i think at multiply...hehe.. can try there... my multiply ID is cutiehellokitty

just add me and i will add u...just write that u r from this site..if not i wun know..hehe..

have a great wedding girls...and if u want to sign up... remember to sign during the wedding fair... cos more perks..=D

musical_box

Thanks cutie..
but I dun hav multiply and i've never use it before.
heehee...ops...

Ya i was thinking of waiting till Mar 08 for the wedding fair.

cutienottikitty

hi fen... if that is the case..i can email u when i get home..dun have the pics with me now at work...ok???
happy.gif

It's best to sign up during the wedding fair..it's a good choice.. and even though i didn't planned it to be grand... everyone commented that my wedding dinner is so grand...=D

melissaa

hi cutie, can i have a look at your pics also? cos actually i am thinking to foreit my deposit at rtc and change to other venue, due to my sudden increase in the number of guests, but after reading your message, i think twice...

chipydale

I've got the same perks as bridal fair even after then bridal show ...

Got to bargain with them ...

I also wana see ur photos cutie..

bluerosie

hi there,

I went to RTC website, indicating min. 30 tables..it is 30 tables n above then we get the special price or we need to book at least 30 tables with them?

melissaa

Only valid for this date 4th Oct 2008(Sat). Booked during Bridal Fair, so will be entitled for additional 10% discount and additional perks. Minimum 40 tables, Max 60 tables, have paid 3500 for deposit, can let go at 3000, anyone interested can email me [email protected]