Raffles Marina

jinangel

seems that the forum here is quiet.
Anyone had their wedding at RM?
Mine will be at the Bistro. Catherine (new staff) seems like a nice person. We were attracted by the scenary.

germian

Hi Hi,

I'll be having my ROM at RM in Dec.. =)
Mine'll be solemnisation at the Lawn and lunch reception in the function room... Yuppie.. me and my HTB were also attracted by the nice scenary. Really looking forward to it! =)

germian

Hi Hi,

I'll be having my ROM at RM =) My HTB and I really like the scenery there! Really looking forward to my ROM in Dec! =D

vanilla04

Hi ladies, anyone had their recent ROM or wedding Banquet at RM?? It looks nice however i saw that there are quite an amount of negative feedback. Anyone?

sleepiggy

Hi,

I'm considering about having my solemnisation at RM too. Kindly send me the quotation and pictures too, pls. Thks.

sapphire_amy

Hi i m considering a wedding either at RSYC or Raffles Marina.. Which will be a better option, on both price as well as event planning comparisons???

claud

Hi All,

Any further updates on RM for those who have held their AD this year or have plans to hold their AD in RM in the near future

aerithangel

Hi Michelle,

I heard they are having a booth at

Blissful Outdoor Wedding Show
Dhoby Ghuat Green
(opposite Parkmall, next to Sakura Restaurant)
15 - 17 Oct 2010
11am to 10pm

They have more and better package now.
happy.gif
.. If sign up at the bride show, will get complimentary yacht March-in, 4 hour day cruse & 1 bottle of house wine for each guaranteed table booked..!!! Maybe you can drop by to take a look at their booth.. I will be going down to take a look. Am planning my wedding. Trying to gather more info there. :p..

lovebirds

Hi Michelle, I signed up with them during BOWS. Tried their food before the fair and find the quality good. Maybe you can give a call, go down and look at the place.

feliive

Hi i also came across e booth at e fair.. Totali wow by e scenery but can't book yet since I ve to cfm with my geomancer on the date first.. Worried with all e negative remarks on e ballroom dinner .. Anyone gt any advice or feedback?

lovebirds

Hi Feliive, I think all the negative feedbacks were years ago. Just to be sure, you can go down to the restaurant (captain's table) to have lunch or dinner before you commit anything. Tat's what I did and we are all happy with the food.

edaza

Has anyone held their wedding bqt at RM before? Seems like its quite popular for solemnisation. I'll be having my ROM & AD on the same day. Wanna ask abt their food and their services.

Thanks

freek

My partner and i are also looking to have our ROM and the boat ride with the buffet dinner during Oct/Nov 2011, up to 4K.

dreayh

i'm considering RM and RSYC...but RSYC's buffet requires a min 150pax turnout, but I might only have about 130 guests. So RM would be about 2.5K cheaper...any of you girls went to visit this 2 places yet?

fansoq

Hi!! This post seems like quiet for sometime already.. Any recent review of this place?! I plan to have my poolside solemnization and dinner over there.. Any advice or suggestion?? Any idea what is e package like and will they charge for e outdoor solemnization?! Thanks..

jsoong2

Hi, I am contemplating Raffles Marina too. Is there anyone who recently has their weddings there or attended a wedding dinner there? I cannot find many recent reviews on them and am worried about their food and service. Thanks in advance!

Erni

Is there at Tuas one? I attend last month wedding at there. Its nice place, elegant and classic place at there. But it's not convenient for your guest who's not stay in west. And there is not transport to go there but as i know the club have bus transfer. For food and services they are not bad.

bearine

Very bad experience for me. Paid deposit. Few weeks later, went to check out the place to try the food then realise coordinator had left, and my date clashes with another couple. Contract had to be voided, deposit refunded. :mad:

LHC

Am planning to book RM for early 2017! Is the food served at the banquet still nice now? Anyone tried? And their service? The coordinator is very friendly and helpful though. Thanks! :)

How was your package like? I am looking at feb 25 2017 =)

Was the coordinator response fast?
Hihi, our initial ideal date was 25feb. But it was already taken since last yr's bows. The coordinator is fine. Advice you to attend the upcoming bows for more perks:)

JuzDream

Our wedding date was clashed with another couple (who booked a bigger ballroom). Hence, the indoor atrium with window view of yacht was already booked.

We asked on event it is raining on our AD for our outdoor solemisation and yacht march in, the sales person promised to waive the venue fee (About 700+) when we expressed our concern. Yet when we asked in an email to her, she said it cannot be waived after talking with boss and we have to host our solemisation in our banquet hall to waive the rental charges. Even renting of function room on event is raining would require us to pay the solemisation outdoor venue rate.

I feel as a coordinator, she should at least help us fight for at least a percentage waiver of rental fee if it rain given that we are given an inferior function room already on event it is raining.

My HTB felt like a second class citizen in Raffles Marina and did not fulfil what they promised us verbally or even tried their best to give us a better offer and wrote a different story in the email.

I am utterly disappointed with Raffles Marina and decided not to host my wedding there regardless how epic the view and solemisation will be.

It is more important to get a trustworthy and a coordinator who ultimately wish to give you a pleasant wedding, rather than the location.

She did not even offer us a drink when we head down for viewing.

Ps: The food we paid our own and tried in their chinese resturant tested better than average but no wow factor.

JuzDream

Our wedding date was clashed with another couple (who booked a bigger ballroom). Hence, the indoor atrium with window view of yacht was already booked.

We asked on event it is raining on our AD for our outdoor solemisation and yacht march in, the sales person promised to waive the venue fee (About 700+) when we expressed our concern. Yet when we asked in an email to her, she said it cannot be waived after talking with boss and we have to host our solemisation in our banquet hall to waive the rental charges. Even renting of function room on event is raining would require us to pay the solemisation outdoor venue rate.

I feel as a coordinator, she should at least help us fight for at least a percentage waiver of rental fee if it rain given that we are given an inferior function room already on event it is raining.

My HTB felt like a second class citizen in Raffles Marina and did not fulfil what they promised us verbally or even tried their best to give us a better offer and wrote a different story in the email.

I am utterly disappointed with Raffles Marina and decided not to host my wedding there regardless how epic the view and solemisation will be.

It is more important to get a trustworthy and a coordinator who ultimately wish to give you a pleasant wedding, rather than the location.

Ps: The food we paid our own and tried in their chinese resturant tested better than average but no wow factor.

Hi JuzDream, sorry to hear that. who did you speak to? Our experience was alright thou.

JuzDream

Hi JuzDream, sorry to hear that. who did you speak to? Our experience was alright thou.
Hihi, dun need to say sorry. Is not your fault.

I think is a coordinator who joined Raffles Marina for a year. Is not convenient for me to disclose her name.

Anyway since you signed the package, is better you check through all the terms and conditions in case there is any unexpected charges.

I still got to admit the view is epic but. .....haiz....

Hihi, dun need to say sorry. Is not your fault.

I think is a coordinator who joined Raffles Marina for a year. Is not convenient for me to disclose her name.

Anyway since you signed the package, is better you check through all the terms and conditions in case there is any unexpected charges.

I still got to admit the view is epic but. .....haiz....
Yup, when we signed the contract, we were told that the yacht march in couldn't be replaced if it rain. But we tot since it was free.. So just leave it to fate to decide. As for solemnisation, our is at lawn area. But if it rains, they will shift us into the lobby area.. Still facing the sea but indoor. And that was free too. This is free too. We are using their main ballroom for banquet:) so far my experience was ok. I go there to paktor with my hus always haha.. The food at captains table is not bad. If you are willing to give it a try again, try their coffee ribs and Peking duck.

JuzDream

Yup, when we signed the contract, we were told that the yacht march in couldn't be replaced if it rain. But we tot since it was free.. So just leave it to fate to decide. As for solemnisation, our is at lawn area. But if it rains, they will shift us into the lobby area.. Still facing the sea but indoor. And that was free too. This is free too. We are using their main ballroom for banquet:) so far my experience was ok. I go there to paktor with my hus always haha.. The food at captains table is not bad. If you are willing to give it a try again, try their coffee ribs and Peking duck.
Guess if we have 10 to 12 tables only...we need to pay for solemisation area even....definately not worth it unless we got more tables. Haiz

Guess if we have 10 to 12 tables only...we need to pay for solemisation area even....definately not worth it unless we got more tables. Haiz
Oh! You have a cosy group. Hmm try going to Bows this weekend. There are more perks when u sign up there. Be it raffles marina or not:) there is one 15 degree as well:) hope it helps.