Raffles Hotel

G&Z

It will be such a pretty place to hold a wedding! Hope it doesn't rain on your big day :) will you be doing your ROM there?

Yup the lawn is for the solmenzation.. Did you book raffles hotel as well?

Using SingaporeBrides app

G&Z

Yes I did :) but just the ballroom. Not the lawn.

Fellow raffles bride! Who is ur coordinator? When is ur big day?

G&Z

Yes :) Mine in May 15!
That's nice! You sign up at the wedding show? Pansy is my coordinator.. Urs? Chinese or western?

G&Z

I booked the usual Chinese banquet dinner. :)

I went down the week before the wedding show just to check out the ballroom and the coordinator told me that there is a wedding show coming and asked if we were interested and went with it... we were lucky... I'm doing western as they are unable to do individual platting for chinese dinner...

I went down the week before the wedding show just to check out the ballroom and the coordinator told me that there is a wedding show coming and asked if we were interested and went with it... we were lucky... I'm doing western as they are unable to do individual platting for chinese dinner...

Me too! I checked out the place in advance and was so glad it's still avail. I didn't know they can't do indiv platting for Chinese dinner. I thought I remembered that the center piece deco will stay throughout as they will be distributing the food?

G&Z

Me too! I checked out the place in advance and was so glad it's still avail. I didn't know they can't do indiv platting for Chinese dinner. I thought I remembered that the center piece deco will stay throughout as they will be distributing the food?

Oh yes the servers will help to portion the food equally at the side station..What I wanted was the food are placed on the individual plate in the kitchen, the server will just serve the plates...

Back during teens, I worked as a server, the portioning may not be equal esp for inexperienced staff...

I went to capella last year, the server couldn't portion the food equally.. I got a huge portion of veggies n the bf got a small portion..

Sent from my C6903 using Forum mobile app

G&Z

Oh yes. inexperienced staff portions inequally.
However, Raffles hotel has got nice ballrooms though small. The food there quite okay.:)
yup! that's the reason why i chose there... and also because of their lawn

Dizzedup

Hi BTB!

Care to share the perks and package at Raffles?
Am considering Raffles Hotel for my wedding dinner next year, thanks!

G&Z

Hi BTB!

Care to share the perks and package at Raffles?
Am considering Raffles Hotel for my wedding dinner next year, thanks!

I can forward you my package but I sign at the wedding show... pm me your email address?

G&Z

G&Z

sent

justame

Hi btbs, anyone went for and signed up for the most recent showcase on 7 Feb? I didn't know about until the event was over, and would like to find out what perks were given :)

chelseaah

Hi the perks looks ordinary thou, or am I seeing the right list? I'm intending to have my wedding there, not sure what are their perks offered in feb. Any help would be appreciated :)

greendoryfish

Hello ladies, I'm considering Raffles but I'm a little worried that the reception will be really warm. Has anyone been to a wedding dinner there and could comment on the reception?

Kelliee

Hi btbs, anyone went for and signed up for the most recent showcase on 7 Feb? I didn't know about until the event was over, and would like to find out what perks were given :)

Hi, I am a current bride with Raffles Hotel and heard from my coordinator about the perks during the wedding show. Apparently they were given waiver of corkage, extra night stay or suite upgrade. Was a little upset because I signed a few weeks before the wedding show. Nonetheless, my coordinator is trying to get more perks for me. Let's hope for the best!

G&Z

I think I know Frederick, nice guy... My coordinator is Pansy Quek who is currently away on maternity leave

G&Z

Ah yes.. Can't make any bookings for 1st April 2016 and onwards yet..
I like the feel of the room, but afraid it might not be able to cater to my guest list.. We can try to cut down to 25 tables max, but it might be too squeezy still.. :(

I'm maxing out 25 tables.... No choice

RHB

Hi I have possibly a couple of empty seats at my wedding at raffles hotel. Since it will be left empty anyway, wanted to offer to BTBs who want to try out how it is at Raffles Hotel, FOC of course! Let me know if you are interested!

justame

Hi I have possibly a couple of empty seats at my wedding at raffles hotel. Since it will be left empty anyway, wanted to offer to BTBs who want to try out how it is at Raffles Hotel, FOC of course! Let me know if you are interested!
Hi dear! Wow thanks for your generosity! May I know when is your wedding?

Andes

Hi RHB, congrats and thanks a lot for the splendid offer! I am rather keen as well as Raffles was our top choice. My email is [email protected].

On the other hand, Raffles Hotel's service was rather disappointed in my opinion. When we emailed them for more details but was simply told that price list for 2016 isn't out and they will notify us when it is. Till now no news and they didn't even elaborate or offer to bring us on a site visit or even as a goodwill gesture share with us 2015's package details.

Would like to ask BTBs with RH whether this is normal? :(

OYHZ

Hi RHB, congrats and thanks a lot for the splendid offer! I am rather keen as well as Raffles was our top choice. My email is [email protected].

On the other hand, Raffles Hotel's service was rather disappointed in my opinion. When we emailed them for more details but was simply told that price list for 2016 isn't out and they will notify us when it is. Till now no news and they didn't even elaborate or offer to bring us on a site visit or even as a goodwill gesture share with us 2015's package details.

Would like to ask BTBs with RH whether this is normal? :(

When is your wedding date? And who's the coordinator who replied u?

I'm planning for 2016 too. Had received the 2015 package for reference, and went down for a site visit last month. Male coordinator, but I can't recall his name off-hand now..

Was told that the price list for 1 Apr 2016 and onwards isn't firmed yet so we can't make booking.

Andes

When is your wedding date? And who's the coordinator who replied u?

I'm planning for 2016 too. Had received the 2015 package for reference, and went down for a site visit last month. Male coordinator, but I can't recall his name off-hand now..

Was told that the price list for 1 Apr 2016 and onwards isn't firmed yet so we can't make booking.

Hi OYHZ

It was a lady called Jennifer.
To be fair, she was polite and she did tell us that the package is not ready yet.
She also told us that she will let us know when it is out.

But for couples who are anxious (bc we are planning for end Apr 2016 and it is alr June!), it doesn't help when they don't supply us with more information to assure us that we will be in good hands.

For other hotels that we have emailed, they will typically invite us for a site visit and even if their package was not ready at that point of time, they will also attach the current package information for our reference.

This was a little disappointing given that I would expect top notch service from RH.

bunnylicious

RH was initially my top choice for the reception since I love the lawn and colonial-style architecture but they fail to advise the rate for next year (my AD is in Jul 16). Thus, I went for another venue with wedding show perks. Frederick was the one who assisted me at RH. He did gave site visit and expain alot with us. Should they have offer the 2016 rates, I would have been a RH BTB. A pity.

Elysian

Dear RHB, that's really nice, may I know when is your wedding date? I'm looking to book RH too but still waiting for their 2016 package..

Gorgeousme

Hi Girls,

I am getting married soon next year and we really love the setting in Raffles.

Can I check if anyone can share some of the choices of nice wedding favor that you can choose from Raffles?

Thank you and looking forward to hear from you girls soon!
Best regards
Gorgeousme