Pre wedding in JB, Malaysia

beautyfull

Anyone choose pre wedding package in JB? Don't know which to choose... Castalia, Venus Bridal and Dawn's Wedding. Please share...

Clzh

Anyone choose pre wedding package in JB? Don't know which to choose... Castalia, Venus Bridal and Dawn's Wedding. Please share...
I signed up with Dawns's wedding. The price wise is very attractive way cheaper than Sg bridal shops. I suggest you go to their website/ fb page to look at the photos they produce before deciding, see which one appeals to you more. And also because of the cheap price, don't expect too much from their gowns. It's still presentable some are even very nice! But I think the standard is not that high up as compared to those from La Belle. I chose Dawn's wedding because of the photos they produced. I like it very much!

beautyfull

I signed up with Dawns's wedding. The price wise is very attractive way cheaper than Sg bridal shops. I suggest you go to their website/ fb page to look at the photos they produce before deciding, see which one appeals to you more. And also because of the cheap price, don't expect too much from their gowns. It's still presentable some are even very nice! But I think the standard is not that high up as compared to those from La Belle. I chose Dawn's wedding because of the photos they produced. I like it very much!
Thanks dear. Actually I walked in enquiry their package. Price is cheap. Just when the consultant show me their portfolio I feel so so only. Gown acceptable too. Of course location is good compare to other.

Clzh

Thanks dear. Actually I walked in enquiry their package. Price is cheap. Just when the consultant show me their portfolio I feel so so only. Gown acceptable too. Of course location is good compare to other.
Oh icic. Actually depends on what kind of photos you want to take. I want to take one with more natural sights rather than the usual gardens by the bay or same buildings in sg.. Sg also has natural sights but It seems like everyone also took pre wed photos there before. So I will be taking my pics in Jb too.

beautyfull

Oh icic. Actually depends on what kind of photos you want to take. I want to take one with more natural sights rather than the usual gardens by the bay or same buildings in sg.. Sg also has natural sights but It seems like everyone also took pre wed photos there before. So I will be taking my pics in Jb too.
Yes. U r right. N JB bridal shop package definitely cheaper company to Singapore. Enjoy your shoot soon ya.

kytheon

i just signed with Castalia wedding. Like them as they are not pushy and the coordinator was super helpful. i think i tried more than 3 gowns n still super patient. I'm a plus size, but they do have gowns and they keep recommend the cutting that is suitable for me. Was happy with the service and price as they managed to customize my package to my needs. HTB also tried on some blazers (he's built is similar to the westerners built) which i was blown away by the cuttings and colours! Shop is a 2/3 story high, and there is a photoshot ongoing while i was there. The photographers was go as they tell you how to position or guide u along. You may wanna look for catherine if you are there. I cant wait for my gown selection :)

david87

Anyone have service by Catherine from Castalia ! Or would u all recommend and give me package and detail / include # exclude , from Castalia Wedding Gallery .

Coldley

I've a friend who went JB for a shoot. Definitely much cheaper than in SG but my friend kind of regretted halfway but couldn't back out cuz it's too time consuming? The trips into JB:

1. First visit - Gown browsing
2. New (collection) gown browsing + selection + concepting photoshoot style/looks
3. Trial make up
4. Gown fitting after alteration
5. Photoshoot
6. Photos selection
7. Album collection

Hope this helps!

kytheon

Think of it as a getaway from sg, cus i like to relax. mindset ba. now htb thinking to get the AD with them also. since AD package in SG like close to 2k.

beautyfull

I've a friend who went JB for a shoot. Definitely much cheaper than in SG but my friend kind of regretted halfway but couldn't back out cuz it's too time consuming? The trips into JB:

1. First visit - Gown browsing
2. New (collection) gown browsing + selection + concepting photoshoot style/looks
3. Trial make up
4. Gown fitting after alteration
5. Photoshoot
6. Photos selection
7. Album collection

Hope this helps!
Married have to use a lot of money. So no choice have to save a little bit here n there although is troublesome. What my consultant told me is :
1. Meet consultant n sign package
2. Try gowns for pre wedding
3. Pre wedding shoot
4. Photo selection & album design & video montage
5. Double check the photos n design & choose gown for AD.
6. Collect album n gowns for AD
7. Return gowns
So is really depends what we want.

beautyfull

Think of it as a getaway from sg, cus i like to relax. mindset ba. now htb thinking to get the AD with them also. since AD package in SG like close to 2k.
Actually u can consider. Cause their gown is really not bad. They will find the suitable cutting for you. They won't anyhow give ugly gown. Cause they need us to help them to get business as in we will recommend friend to them. I believe u try their gown too right? How u feel?

kytheon

Actually u can consider. Cause their gown is really not bad. They will find the suitable cutting for you. They won't anyhow give ugly gown. Cause they need us to help them to get business as in we will recommend friend to them. I believe u try their gown too right? How u feel?

so far the gowns fits, but haven find the wow factor. I'm a plus size, so kinda bit sad that i cant wear those tube type. HTB says i need some cover on my flabby arms :(
So now working on my body in order for me to have more choices. My coordinator was super nice, advice me on the type and cutting that is suitable for my body n honestly, i feel really good when i tried those she recommended. so ya. happy with their service. I wonder if possible to have a made to measure EG from them

beautyfull

so far the gowns fits, but haven find the wow factor. I'm a plus size, so kinda bit sad that i cant wear those tube type. HTB says i need some cover on my flabby arms :(
So now working on my body in order for me to have more choices. My coordinator was super nice, advice me on the type and cutting that is suitable for my body n honestly, i feel really good when i tried those she recommended. so ya. happy with their service. I wonder if possible to have a made to measure EG from them
Understand. I'm not plus size but have fat arm. Same to your case, they said my body not suit tube type. But my waist is small, so they ask me don't keep fit otherwise no gown will look nice on me. Arm... how to reduce the fat. Yes, their service is really good. Cause they really serve in sincerely. I think u can check with them for the made to measure EG.
12th Jun Pre wedding gown selection. How about you?

kytheon

Understand. I'm not plus size but have fat arm. Same to your case, they said my body not suit tube type. But my waist is small, so they ask me don't keep fit otherwise no gown will look nice on me. Arm... how to reduce the fat. Yes, their service is really good. Cause they really serve in sincerely. I think u can check with them for the made to measure EG.
12th Jun Pre wedding gown selection. How about you?

Nothing fixed yet as dinner yet to set date. So now got time to work on my body.
Let me know how your gown selection went?

david87

Hi all , i also just sign up package over there overall satisfied , i was almost there for 6 hour and they also no complain or what , maybe for my wife gowns not much selection . This sat going for gowns choosing and dicruss with photographer . . Hope can see more gowns . .

beautyfull

Hi all , i also just sign up package over there overall satisfied , i was almost there for 6 hour and they also no complain or what , maybe for my wife gowns not much selection . This sat going for gowns choosing and dicruss with photographer . . Hope can see more gowns . .
Great. Update us your experience...

david87

They are really very friendly and have a comfortable talking session , most important part is , all the way smile to you even u are thinking of want to sign up or testing gowns , we were hungry and we left there for about 1 hour to dicruss with my wife , and we decide that nothing is bad over there , just hope to see more gowns to choose . .

beautyfull

They are really very friendly and have a comfortable talking session , most important part is , all the way smile to you even u are thinking of want to sign up or testing gowns , we were hungry and we left there for about 1 hour to dicruss with my wife , and we decide that nothing is bad over there , just hope to see more gowns to choose . .
True. Their service is really good. N price all indicated black n white. No any other hidden cost. Waiting my date for try gown for pre wedding shoot too. Enjoy your gown selection. Btw, u r taking 1 or 2 days shoot?

estherwel

Didn't regret taking package from JB, Malaysia. I signed with SG Bridal House. True enuf, it's abit of hassle to travel in and out. But I love their packages, gowns, services, experiences! Can't wait to go for photo selection in 2 weeks time!

david87

Hi all , we went for the gowns choose and photographer talking , what we have request the photography was very understanding and listening , we request for something which might not be possible to take , but he willing to try on when we take photo on the day , for the gowns , my wife have try for a lot , but their service was still there and wont rush you , but honestly speaking was limited to choose as not many design and colour , just hope that when the photo taking day and choose photo day will be good ....

beautyfull

Hi all , we went for the gowns choose and photographer talking , what we have request the photography was very understanding and listening , we request for something which might not be possible to take , but he willing to try on when we take photo on the day , for the gowns , my wife have try for a lot , but their service was still there and wont rush you , but honestly speaking was limited to choose as not many design and colour , just hope that when the photo taking day and choose photo day will be good ....
Thanks for sharing. Mine is on next Sunday. Will update here again...

david87

Hope u can found your gowns smoothly and fellow your heart , as other might give opinion , but u are the one who will always see and smile at your photo ,

beautyfull

Hope u can found your gowns smoothly and fellow your heart , as other might give opinion , but u are the one who will always see and smile at your photo ,
Sure... I will follow my heart. N hope it will be smooth. When is your Pre wedding?

kytheon

hey just a question, i have a malaysian friend offering her services for the same price that i am payin now to castalia but my friend is helping me and giving me more things, should i sell or trade my castalia package?

david87

Sure... I will follow my heart. N hope it will be smooth. When is your Pre wedding?

On the 8 and 15 , this month , we sign on may 21 , so for us think that take the faster date and finish will be better .. ehat i am scared of is when choosing photo , " will they keep ask to add photo " haha

david87

hey just a question, i have a malaysian friend offering her services for the same price that i am payin now to castalia but my friend is helping me and giving me more things, should i sell or trade my castalia package?

Must look at what ur friend can get for u more , and the price compare izz worth it a not , and have to see u like their portfolio and design a not , there too much things to compare , first is if u want to go ur friend there , u should not sign up with castalia already . .

beautyfull

On the 8 and 15 , this month , we sign on may 21 , so for us think that take the faster date and finish will be better .. ehat i am scared of is when choosing photo , " will they keep ask to add photo " haha
I see. U settled all during weekdays. Due to no enough leave. So all my appointment is on Weekends. So become slow. I heard they won't pushy for the choosing photo. Customers is the one who cannot control n add. Lol. Actually I'm worry too. But I think I will give myself a budget n see how much they can add for me.

beautyfull

All is depends on you. What u like n what u prefer. Your friend can give u more thing, but how about the design of gowns n the portfolio? It's important.

beautyfull

Hi. Just check whether they allow you take photo during choose gown sessions?

sherlynsam

We did quite a number of research on wedding galleries (i.e. Mondore, Destino, Venus) to have our pre-wedding photoshoot and even consulted friends who have done their pre-wedding photography. Having an abundance of selections, we eventually decided to go ahead with Castalia Wedding Gallery! JC and Catherine's promptness and responsiveness in responding to all our queries and requests impressed us as most of the others were pretty impatient after a while.

Wedding Gowns Selection
Wedding gowns selection was a breeze with Catherine's assistance. I tried many gowns and she never got irritated with me. She could even recommend me gowns based on what I described to her and from pictures I sourced from magazines and websites.

Actual Pre-Wedding Shoot
My husband and I were very delighted to have a wonderful team working with us throughout our pre-wedding shoot. Eva, our make up artist and hairstylist is extremely skilled and did an awesome job with my awfully short hair and make up. Jay was our photographer alongside with Dyven and Yong Yao who were assisting him throughout. My husband isn't one who takes a lot of pictures and I have been rather rusty from smiling/posing in front of the camera. However, the team made us very comfortable and guided us on all the poses.

Both of us were extremely tired due to the husband's work emergency the previous night and me still recovering from my bout of flu. Nevertheless, they exuded great patience and accommodated us with all the requests we had, including waiting for us to have our dinner and rest before our last set when it was already quite late (PS: We started at 9am and ended at about 9pm).

A very big THANK YOU to the team at Castalia for such a wonderful experience. While most will be rushing to finish the job asap, the team did not rush us at all. Eugene and I look forward to selecting our pictures and are very happy with the services provided thus far. ♡

Should you have further queries, I will be happy to answer them. Please email me at [email protected].

sherlynsam

Btw, I did not choose Venus Bridal as 2 of my good friends did it there. Gowns selection was very little according to them (they are of normal size, UK8). Also, after they paid the deposit, it seems very difficult to make appointments. Both my friends advised me not to use Venus Bridal. I also approached Mondore Bridal as my sister did hers there, pictures wise it was not bad but however I found them too pushy, the photographer was also unable to provide ideas. As for Destino, they were fine at first. However, when I started asking about the gowns, showing them pictures and all, I did not find them so helpful. They became pushy after a while and keep wanting me to put a deposit before they were willing to disclose more details to me.

beautyfull

Btw, I did not choose Venus Bridal as 2 of my good friends did it there. Gowns selection was very little according to them (they are of normal size, UK8). Also, after they paid the deposit, it seems very difficult to make appointments. Both my friends advised me not to use Venus Bridal. I also approached Mondore Bridal as my sister did hers there, pictures wise it was not bad but however I found them too pushy, the photographer was also unable to provide ideas. As for Destino, they were fine at first. However, when I started asking about the gowns, showing them pictures and all, I did not find them so helpful. They became pushy after a while and keep wanting me to put a deposit before they were willing to disclose more details to me.
I found Castalia Wedding service is good that's y I choose them instead of other studio.
Do u add more photos for your pre wedding?

sherlynsam

I found Castalia Wedding service is good that's y I choose them instead of other studio.
Do u add more photos for your pre wedding?
Me and husband have had some sneak peeks at the photos. We have this feeling that we are going to have a hard time when selecting the pictures as there were quite a number of nice ones. However, friends have advised us not to spend so much on extra pictures so I guess we will need to exercise some self control. We might consider to add some, but not so sure yet. We will be doing the selection in mid July due to our bz schedules. I have been informed that I can actually head down in the first week of July tho.

beautyfull

Me and husband have had some sneak peeks at the photos. We have this feeling that we are going to have a hard time when selecting the pictures as there were quite a number of nice ones. However, friends have advised us not to spend so much on extra pictures so I guess we will need to exercise some self control. We might consider to add some, but not so sure yet. We will be doing the selection in mid July due to our bz schedules. I have been informed that I can actually head down in the first week of July tho.
I see. Update again here. I think I will set a budget for photo selection too.
My gown selection on this Sunday. Hope can get nice gowns.

sherlynsam

Hey girls.. Saw that some of you are worried about fat/flabby arms. I would seriously recommend some push ups and pull up exercises. It helps my arms and backs a lot! On top of that, do combine with overall cardio exercise like running.

sherlynsam

I see. Update again here. I think I will set a budget for photo selection too.
My gown selection on this Sunday. Hope can get nice gowns.
Good luck! I am pretty sure you will find the gowns suitable for you. They will encourage you to keep trying and dont get impatient at all. Do bring a NuBra yea or you would need to buy. You could maybe bring/show them pics of what you like. Then they can let you try and you can judge if it is suitable. I selected different types for variety: a high neck mandarin collar (husband likes that immediately), off shoulder w long lace sleeves (suits me well as i have a narrow shoulder, sleeves can hide the arm), tube (ball gown kind), 2 coloured ones (royal purple n maroon red) - more of the evening gown type. They had qipaos too but im more bottom curvy so I didnt think it suited me well. There were short gowns too but i prefer the more elegant feeling.

beautyfull

Good luck! I am pretty sure you will find the gowns suitable for you. They will encourage you to keep trying and dont get impatient at all. Do bring a NuBra yea or you would need to buy. You could maybe bring/show them pics of what you like. Then they can let you try and you can judge if it is suitable. I selected different types for variety: a high neck mandarin collar (husband likes that immediately), off shoulder w long lace sleeves (suits me well as i have a narrow shoulder, sleeves can hide the arm), tube (ball gown kind), 2 coloured ones (royal purple n maroon red) - more of the evening gown type. They had qipaos too but im more bottom curvy so I didnt think it suited me well. There were short gowns too but i prefer the more elegant feeling.
Thanks for sharing... I hope I will have more choice for it too. They allow you take photo using phone during gown selection?

sherlynsam

Thanks for sharing... I hope I will have more choice for it too. They allow you take photo using phone during gown selection?
Like all other shops.. You cant. They are afraid that designs will get copied. But my hubby secretly took some. What is your size like? I am a UK10 but have wide hips.

sherlynsam

Are rhey pushy when choosing photo , will they keep ask u to get alot ?
Hi, i cant comment on that yet as ive not selected the pictures. Can update you later when i do the selection. However, they had not been pushy about anything so far so i guess it should be fine. More likely i will be the one selecting a lot of pictures and asking them for a good price. Lol.