Plaza Hotel at Beach Road

angelswim

Hi xiao you and xiao lao shu
Did you guys managed to waive off the corkage fees ar?Normally how long in advance will the hotel contact us ar?Mine AD is 22 Sep 07..

I attended a wedding this month, there were two wedding therefore they had to share the reception area, it is a crowd. Food serving is very very slow, many of the guests left. My frd got free flow of beer but the beer can only be served during dinner. That's my comments.

tkl7665

hi there...

interested in PPR as well... anyone got the bridal suite photo to share share???

also, anyone got a confirmed date for the wedding show??? went down to talk to Felicia, but she said that the management kept changing the date until she scared... so can't give us a confirmation...

(^-^)

peachie

Hi All..
really need some advise from all of you who had yr wedding @ PPR (beach road)

- is e air-con still having problem eg: dripping of water
- How was the service of the waiter and waitress?
- How many bottle of red wine did u all manage to get free from the package? – I only got 12 bottles..

sockie

Hi all,

Any good or bad comments abt PPR (Beach Road)? What are the extra perks that i can ask for?

Who will u recommend to look for as coodinator? I am thinking of going down to have a tour and discuss with the coordinator.
happy.gif

pigdapan

Hi Sockie, do you have the email to PPR (Beach Road? would like to ask them on their package. So far wat if your review on PPR Beach road?

sockie

Hi pig and pan,

The email is [email protected]
You can email to them for the package.

So far, i find the packages are okay, prices at moderate range. I have seen their ballrooms, not bad, quite modern looking. The place is quite new and there is a large reception area for cocktails. The ballrooms seem to be gathering in the same floor, just wonder whether guests will get confused where to go. Perhaps u can check with the coordinator and see the venue yourself. I find the place not so accessible by MRT, but accessible by buses.

Heard from forum that there's frequent change of coordinators, thus contracts have to be written black and white clearly.(guess it applies to other hotels too) Hope it helps
happy.gif

badtz07

I booked the stamford ballroom on Jun 27, but last minute we were told that we may have more tables. Tried to change to the other bigger ballroom but it's booked already!
For those who have booked the stamford ballroom before, is there a problem for your guests to view your montage as the ceiling is very low, plus there are pillars blocking?

starpixie

Hi Sharon and Sockie,

Who is your current co-ordinator? How much did you pay for?

I am thinking of signing with them, as my schedule is very close. Many major hotels in the CBD are booked. The list price they quoted me is $788 nett. But it seems: the price quoted on this forum ranges from $668 to $718. Can we ask for discount?

Is the co-ordinator and hotel rigid about the entertainment and changing some set-up? Like if I bring in a band and equipment?

Personally, I am not a picky eater, but my relatives are very particular about food. How do you rate PPR food, compared with Noble House, Red-Star, Haixiang, Dragon Gate? Say, for my relatives, Noble House is acceptable; Red-Star food does not pass; Haixiang and Dragon Gate food would be disastrous. Where does PPR stand? My AD hotel food has to be very good and memorable, and above what other hotels can serve =(

I have high expectations of myself and others, and expect good work attitude from others (and myself). However, I am very polite. Would something like me clash with the management?

Am quite worried now that I saw the remarks about PPR past 1.5 years since Fiona quitted.

Thanks for replying.

badtz07

Hi, starpixie! the reason why i chose plaza hotel is entirely because of the sichuan douhua restaurant!
i was so tempted with the grand, pillarlessm high ceiling ballrooms i went to view in other hotels, but we are more particular abt the fd quality rather than the physical outlook of the ballroom.
the food served in sichuan douhua is really thumbs up! i was quoted 788nett too, stamford ballroom with sichuan douhua's menu. i dun think you have to worry abt the food standard.
my coordinator is mey goh. they are pretty flexible abt the setup, they allow you to bring in your own decorations and ppl to set up the ballroom on your own!

badtz07

missed out something! the price quoted from the range $668 - $718 is the food prepared by the hotel banquet chef, not by sichuan douhua restaurant. that explains the difference in amount!
happy.gif

vincents_wife

Hi all , I'm new in here
happy.gif

Oh god .. how do we know whether the food are prepared by sichuan douhua's menu or hotel banquet chef ? Where will we be having the food tasting ?

I signed up with PPR with the S$788 weekend banquet package and My co-ordinator is Felicia.

My AD is 31st August 2008 (Sun) , Plaza Ballroom.

Any Brides can share their AD wedding photos at PPR ? Any of u have the photos of the theme ?

babymiki2003

hi starpixie,

out of the list of restaurants u listed, i have only tried noble house's banquet and so far this is the only one that i find it better or on par with PPR. i was a dec'07 PPR bride.

food tasting was really good. but of cos on the actual day, the standards dropped by 5-8 points which is pretty expected.

at the moment the 2 banquet managers, mey and felicia are pretty good i think. felicia has good reputation and mey is very quick in emails.

i was considered lucky to have the new senior banquet manager to take over my account 2 weeks before my AD. he was quite nice and accomodating.

vincents_wife

Hi Sharon ,

u mentioned that ur package is $788 nett with si chuan dou hua , which hotel room are u getting ?

I spoke to felicia , she told me $788 is with hotel's menu package.

If i wanna change to si chuan menu , i'll be taking $668 ++ , so is S$768.20 but i'll be taking only deluxe room.

peachie

Vincents_wife> hmm.. dun be sad la.. i did browse this forum but I cant answer yr question.. as from my previous posts, I had mine in the plaza ballroom.. so unable to help u on yr question..

poseidon_gal

hi all..
saw the price list for 09..quite attractive..
any comments???
I am still deciding whether to shortlist parkroyal as one of my choice..
Felica spoke to me and she seem very experience.. any one had her as your coordinator?

knightley

I'm liasing wif Felicia....yeah, she's good....I mean cant compare the others coz I haven really heard abt them b4...wahhaa...but she's good coz she gives honest suggestions, this n that....and also she's not pushy or wat...she'll let you take ur time to decide, advise you here n there....always remind u not to be stress...so I guess will make us more confident that things will be alright if she's ard...hee...

poseidon_gal

yah..there is a wedding show coming up. Received call from Felicia yesterday to inform me about the wedding show. Still waiting for her to email me the details

madames

Hi everyone,

It's been sometime since I last visited this thread. Glad to know that its still going strong.

I held my wedding at PPR Beach Road in Mar 07 and I am more than pleased with the entire arrangement. The food was the best I've ever tried. They are really unique. Not the usual common dishes that most hotels serve. Though the sharks fin is green (with spinach) its delicious. And the green curry prawns are such a refreshing idea, to name a few.

The contract includes free flow beer and soft drinks which was really helpful in contributing to one less financial and logistical stress. I got my wines from the hotel and I thought the consignment contract was very reasonable too.

Food aside, my then co-ordinator, Shalica who has since left, was very helpful. Even allowed me to play my CDs and montage VCDs a week before in the ballroom (when it was unused of course) to make sure that the CDs formats are compatible with their systems.

As for the suite, I love the slightly English design of the bedroom. There was this quaint little canopy over the bed which I love. The balcony of my suite happens to face the then under construction Singapore Flyer. So that means the view is unobstructed. Kinda cool.

So all in all, I highly recommend PPR. One of my guest was also so pleased that she urged her son to sign up this venue for their AD this Dec. And he did!
happy.gif

madames

Hi Victoria,

Not sure if u have already chosen your dinner venue but I thought of sharing with u some of my experiences at my friend's wedding @ Orchard Parade last Oct.

To be fair, I wouldnt say that everything there is bad. I will only comment on the ballroom and the suite.

My friend had 37 tables and the ballroom was kinda too small for this. The tables were very close together and one of the tables was so close to the back door that if it were opened, the guy sitting right in front of the door can fall backwards.

As for the suite, it was kinda small and very dark. The interior was also very simply furnished, not done up in a way specially catered for newly weds.

Nevertheless, if you are still looking around, I am sure u will find something suitable for your needs. If your wedding is already over, u would certainly had enjoyed yourself
happy.gif

cornygal

hey all,

i have an $88 Tdragon invitation printing voucher to sell away..it is valid for weddings confirmed at parkroyal @ beach road till next year oct 2009.

as we are holding our banquet in a restaurant, we do not need the voucher...

interested parties can email me at [email protected]

Thanks!