Phuket, Patong Beach

dazednconfused

sanmigu,
Visit the spas! And lounge by the beach! Indulge in being pampered... If you're adventurous, try parasailing, bungee jumping, banana boat rides, scuba diving, etc. There's also Phuket nightlife... Food, food and more food. Dancing at the clubs, people-watching, Simon Cabaret for their famous (or some may refer to it as infamous) cross-gender show. Since it's your 1st time there, take it all in and just enjoy being in Phuket! I'm sure this will not be your only trip there!!!
happy.gif

karentaygh

wow i love phuket.Went there last month with my 3 kids.Everybody got sun burn very badly.Must apply lots of sun block if u r going to d beach.I stay at patong beach-hotel is Safari Beach Resort.Very convi as it is juz by d road side opp d beach.Makan is very reasonable.Only d live seafood i tink iz slightly x.But since on holiday juz...eat...enjoy.

jmkoek

bettle bailey,
did they make you stop at the phuket gem factory, coz when you stop there the return transfer to your airport is free, so they use that trick.

noscon

LS

so you give good reviews on your deluxe spa wing room? cos i wd love to try the jacuzzi in the hotel room. any advice?

noscon

thanks midas!! I just booked the spa wing too,,,,and has pmed you...
happy.gif
pls share any tips eg where to get good and cheap food ard hotel area and good places to visit etc. Also got water heater flask for instant noodles?

Can other people see you in jacuzzi?

thanks for answering

midas

hi noscon,

i reply ur email liao...

there's many gd seafood tzu char stalls along the main rd outside the hotel. prices r cheaper then eating tzu char in spore. dun worry about food..plenty of choices there at reasonable prices.

the spa wing rm has coffee making facilities...no problem if u want to eat instant noodles..remember to bring along some disposable chopsticks n spoons for tat..
the jacuzzi is open air one..so yar, other pple can see u, i wore my swimwear while soaking in it. if u want to try private one, the spa there hv...we booked a body massage n flower bath pkg there, not bad
happy.gif

as for places to visit, i suggest u try the Phi-Phi island tour...take the speedboat pkg, coz bigger cruise ship cant stop at the shallow waters of the private beaches. its ex a bit but worth it lor...u dun wan to view the nice beaches from afar while others get to play on it rite?

noscon

i think there is another hotel that has a jacuzzi suite. think its bursari resort but the px is like 1.5 -2 times more than deevana

dazednconfused

noscon,

Deevana is a lovely hotel. Definitely great value! Also, check out the spa right outside the hotel... Oriental Massage, I think it's called. The hotel is about a 10-15min walk to the beach. You might wish to enquire with the front desk on when they have the free shuttle rides to the beach from the hotel. They do provide that service! For FREE.

yes... The Deluxe Room at the Spa Wing is nice. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
happy.gif

noscon

thanks LS for the info.

Now I couldnt book deevana spa wing jacuzzi rm for CNY period 07 cos all fully booked. Any other alternatives? sigh....

noscon

yes i tried sawadee and probably 10 agencies... all ran out of the jacuzzi room during that period for deevana

so now i just booked the jacuzzi suite in burasari cos no choice.... really feel like trying one jacuzzi room...

noscon

LS

I understand that there is a hole in my pocket.
happy.gif
You mentioned that you took a 150baht mini van to deevana... is it applicable to all hotels or just deevana?

ms_tigress

Yes, Burasari is a nice hotel and location is great. But must book those rooms at the new wing. They are beautiful, especially those pool access rooms. These rooms have king size bed in the room and queen size bed at the balcony. So you can actually lie on the queen size bed to suntan, and if too hot, can just jump straight into the swimming pool. So cool.... :p

noscon

tigress

any info to share about burasari? i want to know whether there is anything to do or visit there or whether they have water boiler in the room or any transport from airport to hotel? tks for sharing

dazednconfused

noscon,
You can take the shuttle van from the airport to any hotel on Phuket island. When you are about to exit the terminal, you will notice a transportation counter offering transport services and tour packages. Tell them you want to take the van to Burasari in Patong Beach.
happy.gif

ms_tigress

noscon,

(1) Burasari provides free one-way transfer from Airport to Hotel. I think they charge 600bht from hotel to airport.
(2) One of the best location. Walking distance to supermarket, 7-eleven, beach, shopping, makan places, etc.
(3) Water boiler provided (2 free drinking water every day)
(4) Breakfast was ok, not very great but acceptable lah
(5) If you don't have anything to do, it's so relaxed lying around the swimming pool. The pool access room at the new wing is a MUST. Fantastic!

teddy_baby

Hi Tigress

I also booked Burasari new Lagoon pool access room....
Do they provide free one way transfer from air port to hotel? How do i request that or they have the transport waiting at the air port for customer?

ms_tigress

U have to provide your flight details upon booking the room. Actually, I also didn't know about the free transfer from Airport to Hotel. But when I landed at Phuket Airport, I saw my name on the banner, then I realized that they already made the arrangements.

Now the rooms also comes with free leg spa, it's very relaxed. They will give you the free spa coupon upon checking in.

teddy_baby

Than i think i may stand a chance because i did provide my flight details when i booked the room... Hopefully i will see my name when i reach Phuket on the 7 of December....Cheers

midas

hi noscon,

ya..Tigerair was having a 2cents per direction promo to celebrate their 2mil customers acheivement. so my return flight is total 4cents lor(exclude tax). i'll be staying in Deevana resort again..really liked this hotel
happy.gif

noxy, my flight incl tax is $98.26 only.

noxy

midas so good!

btw, haf u been to phuket b4? I'm going there for the first time. Any recommendations?

noscon

midas

yeah good hotel i heard. I tried to book it for my trip next yr but too bad, fully booked. I think its too good for value hotel liao...
happy.gif
enjoy your trip

sharon__joseph

going phuket 6-8jan.. any advice wat to do there? plan snorkling at phi phi island, any advice if it will b cheaper to sign group tour over there or from internet? thanks!

noxy

midas, i got my hotel liao, i couldn't book anything along kata, karon, patong. My hotel ended up in chalong beach. going 28-31 Dec. It's so insane. It was damn difficult to get a hotel though they had so many hotels.

midas, would like to ask what would you recommend doing there, eating there, playing there. what are the must dos?

Thanks in advance

midas

hi ladies,

most pple go snorkelling trip to several offshore islands including phi phi...some went phuket fantasea (a theme park with theatre performance) or elephant trekking ride or phuket town shopping (nothing much to buy..). i tried all these last yr liao, so nxt yr i'll be juz going Spa n relax in our private jacuzzi
happy.gif

sharon__joseph

midas, so u sign day trips upon arrival at the hotel or u sign up via internet? i wonder if they will "chop" me if i sign from hotel.. i have booked hotel deevana, going 6-8jan..

midas

hi sharon,

i sign with a local agent outside the hotel...Deevana's tour pkg more ex. there's a lot of such agency along the main rd, u can get qoutes n compare b4 deciding on one. actually can try to bargain with them a bit...like if u book 2 tours with them, u ask for 'special' price lor.

sharon__joseph

hi midas, thanks! so upon arrival at the airport, the cheaper option is to take a mini bus rite? any idea how much and if the bus is easy to spot? thanks..

midas

hi sharon,

the last time i went there, i arranged transport via the website i booked my hotel, so din take the mini bus...but i think they shld be easy to spot ba..phuket airport is not tat big
happy.gif

sharon__joseph

hi midas, ok ok, i very scare once i get out of immigration, many irritating driver will harass me with their services like in BKK & Hanoi..

elovechat

hope u hv a good time in chalong beach! less touristy than patong beach. been to the israeli restaurant? the boss is really friendly and family oriented. the tea at the chalong pier is one the best. i didn't book any package. rented a scooter and went to racky the island.

gilbert

anyone ever stayed at banthai or holiday inn?

which is better n cheaper?

which months go there better?

how mins walk from these hotels to the patong beach?