meagan

hi Steff, thanks!
happy.gif

bonnygal

HI all,

I just came back from Phuket,Patong Beach. It was really fun n enjoyable stay
happy.gif
hope to go there again

Btw regarding the tutu prices, we can bargain with the driver, no fixed prices.eg we went to the shooting range, bungy jump and shopping at Phuket town. It's 250 baht for 4 person.so i thk it's the matter wat how gd u r in bargaining.

krazy76baby

we were at diamond cliff in phuket for our 1/2 of our honeymoon.. its a lovely place.. if price is not a problem, go for the villas. total privacy and has your own pool.
happy.gif

we went for our spa and spent 4 hours there. absolutely relaxing and rejuvenating!

yamiyogurt

hi all...

Is it the monsoon seasoon at phuket in aug???
i planning to go then...mid aug...have to cancel my plans if it is....
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

pls dun let it be monsoon seasoon....

deviant

Hi yami,

Typically, the monsoon season starts in May and lasts thru to September. Which means, yes, August is considered to be the monsoon season. That's why room rates are usually the lowest during this period.

However, the rain does not come everyday and even if it rains, it'll usually lasts less than half an hoir or so; unlike S'pore.

But the drawback is that during the monsoon season, the tidal waves tend to be stronger as a result of the monsoon wind. So if you are planning to go there for watersports, it can be a damper.

Hope it helps!

yamiyogurt

huh...... so sad
sad.gif

i blur tot their monsson season starts in sep.
must tell my travel mates and see what they think.... thanks for the info deviant !!

meagan

hi yami, i just came back from phuket. Yep the monsoon season is starting. It rained the day when we reached phuket but luckily, the sun came out the next few days. But quite depressing when it rained so you may want to change your plans..

You can go to this website www.phuket.com and go to their forum for more info.

yamiyogurt

Thanks Meagan, think u must had fun there....

me went to that site b4 already
happy.gif
tot of booking the hotel online. my travel mates are interested still... nvm lah, if not maybe redang then..
happy.gif

racherlle

hi all!

hi yami!
happy.gif
nice to see u here!

ohh saw that the monsoon season will end in September.. I'm planning to go in Mid Oct.. so shld be ok rite?????
happy.gif

saw that some of u actually rented a car and drove there.. hw much is the rental?? is it easy to drive there?? do we need an international license????

i'm planning to stay at the Junior Suite in Barusari hotel.. anyone has stayed there before? any comments??????

hmmm i'm spending ard 4D3N there.. so other than going to PhiPhi island.. wat are the places that are a must go??

thanks a lot!
happy.gif

tianyun

hi just went up phuket recently in mar the pkg only $238 3days 2nites free another nite there...the hotel not fantastic just for sleeping purpose but was very relaxing indeed...

lux

Racherlle...

I spent 11 days ard phuket last year.. heheh.. backpack to a lot of island..

If you like snorkel and exploring die die must go to the Phi phi island and similian island and Koh lanta nearby the marine park! That place is heaven!

I took boats and ferry to a lot of places.. reached Krabi also... and it was time well spent..

Tours/boat trip you cna book at the roadside and explore on your own if you are game..

If you just wanna stay in Patong beach... actually nothing much there... just shoppings and more shopping...

yamiyogurt

wow....ling u actually visited so many palces.... 11 days.,... must be v fun ..

i also going next month. mid aug. monsoon season lor. but bo bian.
sad.gif

i think i will book day trip to similian island since u say so fun !

lux

Yami..

I went during Feb last year.. best weather but come back I got mistaken as thai because very dark..

It was really fun but I stayed those hotel cheap but clean one lah and die die must have air con.. Bfrd say I high class backpacking. heh heh... anyway got to source lodging for some places lah.. So I source over the net and do a compilation..

Actually not nuff leh 11 days... want to go to the other side of pattaya, samui, koh hin those places.. Thailand actually too many beautiful beaches ....cannot visit finish..

yamiyogurt

yah i agree....thai has a lot of beautiful beaches.. but think u can drop pattaya from ur list,...heard it's not v beautiful. I saw a website on a very beautiful beach resort can hua hin befor e-- www.aleenta.com. can consider for honeymoon.

always more fun to backpack and do ur own researches... but have to be able to take longer leave lah.... i enjoy doing pre-tour reseaches....even if its jus phuket.
happy.gif
haiz looking forward to my holiday... (and i am already startin to plan for the one next yr.....KS....)

racherlle

Ling ahh...
u r making me very tempted to extend more days!
haha coz i've not booked my hotel and airtix yet..

gals.. do they have any special nite markets or any events on different days of the week?
coz i'm planning to go on saturday and come back on the following tuesday.. anyting ting on friday???

racherlle

so tink i will spend one day in Phiphi..
one day in similian..
gals.. u all went Coral island before..
worth to go there?????

lux

racherlle..

Hmm they have a few other island there.. no worries you go their roadside'tour agency' remember to haggle price and stuff.. you see which place you like best. I stayed in Phi phi for 2 nights.. not at their town at the tip of the island actually. that part only have 1 holiday inn and the hotel I stayed in. Gonna take a long tail boat. The long tail boat you can hire for I think 200-500bht whole day bring you ard phi phi for snorkelling. My that boat.. the boat man even snorkel with us to show the good spots.. That boatman brought us to a lot of places even to the island where 'The beach' is shot.Everyone is saying Phi phi is a rip off but I think if you control your spending and feel your way ard .. I think by sg standard still cheap lor..

Coral island I think is near the Phuket that side... I think islands like james bond island and such can skip.. because nothin much there. I never been there because I think those place hmmm nothing much...

Went to this monkey island and stay a couple of days at Koh lanta where I use it as a hop to go to some mangnificent islands...

racherlle, planned it properly.. and I only spent 600ea plus airfare package each. total 3 of us went on the trip and I think rather worth it.

Also Phuket from what I know nothing much when I was there. You can do your shopping at Patong beach there. And there is just abt everything.

You consider take a ferry to Krabi? I think a couple of hours but it bring you to the other side..

Yami.. wanna explore and try to touch Thailand everywhere mah.. after that I am going to Philippines in 2006.. planning.. heheh..

yamiyogurt

ling u very adventurous !
i onli tried backpacking once to spain and the backpack weight nearly killed me.....so heavy. and i not in good health one. but i did loved that experience..... of doing everything yourself and having little surprises along the way.

ling u can try changmai, changrai etc....i used to have a lecturer who loves changrai .. it is near the golden triangle i think. he says the place is beautiful.. and the people beautiful too haha..

me planning for aust next yr. after rom holiday. since got frens there so hopefully can save on lodging...keke....or at least ask them help us source for value for money accomodation.

racherlle is u have the time realli should visit krabi too (also got bus services but will take much longer). the beach there is less 'disturbed' . me and my frens onli have 4 days to spare so wont be gog krabi
sad.gif

racherlle

wah.. gals ah..
now i'm tinking of going krabi straight..
haha.. i'm sooo fickle..so shld i go krabi or phuket?
hmmm which do u recommend???
if go krabi..which hotel is gd?? is it boring in krabi??
if i go phuket.. is it troublesome to go Krabi.. i definitely want to go there.. hmmmm how many hrs exactly is the ferry... hmm then guess i shld at least stay a day there???

lux

Yami,

Spain.. I wanna go!! can buy all my mangoes and Zara =P Let's hope I get a job that requires travel to those places in time to come...

I been to Changmai and changrai... when I was a kid.. me a sucker for beach resorts and lazing by the sand and sea.. That is why I want to try to go to as much places as possible while my bones can still take it... For those touring activities think I will resume after my beach escapade.. hee..

I really wanna go to french polynesia actually.. however too exp.. I guess honeymoon I wanna plan at maldives or something...

Oh the thing abt Krabi.. it doesnt have much shopping as Phuket.. I think Krabi as a town itself is not as vibrant.. however got to take boat trip just like phuket.. because their sea front is ermmmmm nothing much.. because is like a big long stretch for boat to moor here and there... however the islands surrounding it is magical..

I took boat rides from phuket to phi phi to lanta to krabi and back to phuket.. is not that far off.. from phuket to Krabi and vice versa that is the longest one lah.. My advise is dont take bus..

Rach.. not difficult to go anywhere .. the boat rides tickets can buy from those roadside 'tour' agency.. they bao transfer and boat tickets.. super easy.. If I have a choice, I will take the cheapest flight .. which I think is Krabi now.. take those that is F and E so you can have 'free' lodging at the hotels for 2 days without having to pay... I flew to phuket the other time.

yamiyogurt

haha.....yah... spain is full of mangoes and zaras...me bought quite a lot when i was there too. spain also have very beautiful beaches....
ur job also not bad already, can travel a little....mine deskbound.

honeymoon haven decided yet, must i will also opt for rest & relax tour..... so prob a beach place too.

ling how much u pay for ur day trip to similian island? still remember ? me trying to get a rough feel of the cost. cos last time my frens and i kena ripped off for a half day trip.... think we paid like 600 baht each...
sad.gif

rach silkair offering air tics to krabi & phuket...both $130. u can consider :p i nv been to krabi so cant comment much. phuket pating beach is a v 'happening' place though...

racherlle

yami..
yup i tot silkair is selling for $150? for both krabi and phuket?? hmmm i've already checked the dates that i wanted to go.. and both have the tics... where did u get the $130 tix from?

gals ah..
me tinking of Switzerland for honeymmoonn
need to savesavesave!!
happy.gif

ling ah.. which hotel did u stay at krabi????

ling which line r u in?? can travel so gd..

lux

Yami,

I cannot remember leh.. similian boat trip you can check on the website to get a rough idea but because the place pristine so it is going to cost a bit.. but they normally 'bao' lunch and tea break so take it as a 'buffet' lah .. although their food is nothing buffet-licious but still edible.

hey girls.. me say I HOPE to get a job to go spain lah... not I travel to spain now.. the only place I travel in my present work is HK,china, Thailand and US.. me a purchasing exe lah..

Krabi I stayed at this german hotel located quite inside .. think it was farmosa or something but their logo is a mermaid one.. is a cosy place.. but I booked them because they were having a promotion in the internet for 3d 2n with free boat trips to nearby islands mah..

actually internet alot of these 'lobangs' surf ard a bit..

Switzerland sounds dreamy though.. But it think financially dont think we can afford it.. so all these go to put in our future plans lah.. moment can only afford below 2k each those kinda.. hee..

yami me also agree wanna just vegetate at a nice place and be queen for a week for honeymoon.. nice.. rather than run around..

yamiyogurt

vegetate,,,,keke,. one more word to add to my vocab.

rach i saw the ad in 'today'. require four to go. i didnt buy direct from silk air though. u can check with them...maybe for the timing u want more ex..

switerland also nice place for relaxing. my fren say v slow paced and scenic...

racherlle

ohhh yami ah..
it's for 4 person ah... no wonder..
hehehe
happy.gif

ling ah.. so u r a buyer.. gdgd!
my fren's also a buyer... envy her u noe.. she get to travel to Europe, HK, Bkk, US..
haiiiii

tink i muz switch line.. haha :p

princess_lee

hihi,

I'll be going to Phuket too but will be in the mid sept.

My colleague actually called a friend of his who lives in Phuket to check if Sept. suitable to go Phuket. He says yes! yippee!!

I confirmed my flight liao, but have not settled on my accomodation..any recommendation on where to stay?

BTW racherlle, are you pp from FBO?

lux

yami..

ideally of course wanna try to stay in chateau and oodle at the swiss alps .. but....that place a bit pricey to do honeymoon for now.. Imagine after paying the banquet losses *which I hope there be none* and the gowns and pictures and what's not.. renovation. Where got nuff money for trip to switzerland? chiam chiam..

european countries very relaxed one that is affirmitive.. My colleague in France go on retreat like a month off once a year because they have so much leave! envy only lah..

rach.. ya some benefits.. but also downside.. go countries everytime kenna with a lot lobang you have to solve one..

girls .. actually i think sometimes more worth it to get a cheap Free and Easy.. because they at least give you 2-3 lodging and breakies so you can save money.. plus the airport taxes and stuff.. all inclusive so not so headache for you guys..

racherlle

Hi Princess!
have u booked ur package???? or are u booking the airtixs and hotels yourself???? how many days are u going???
i'm going to Phuket too.. in early to mid Oct..
have not booked yet as i'm stil planning to stay how many days there..

i'm not PP from FBO
happy.gif

steff

Hi gals,

Went to Phuket thrice. Stayed in Holiday Inn (http://www.holidayinn.phuket.com/index.htm), Royal Palm Resort & Allamanda Laguna Phuket. Spent abt a week each during the 3 visits.

Not bad for accomodation but there are many other choices around.

As for Krabi, I stayed at Vogue Pranang Bay Resort & Spa. Spa was lovely there. Check out http://www.krabi-hotels.com/pranangbay/

As for Switzerland bound, dun miss Lucern, Jungfrau for the lovely Alps view from your hotel windows. Loads of chocs & lovely souvenirs/items at shop called Bucherer. Watches are beautiful too.

princess_lee

morning racherlle,

I'm not taking package with tour agency and i've booked my air tickets liao. For hotel, not yet. Will do 1-2 weeks before the trip. In the meantine, trying to get more info on what to do in Phuket, where to shop etc.
biggrin.gif

racherlle

hi steff!!
thanks for ur advice
happy.gif

hi princess..
me also planning to book my airtix and accomodation separately..
happy.gif

hw many days are u planning to stay at phukeT????
i'm planning to stay at Burasari Hotel at the Junior Suite..

racherlle

hi there!

anyone has any idea
hw much does it cost to take a cab from the Phuket airport to any of the hotels in Patong beach?
hmmm
any recommendations for car rentals?? any rates??

thanks!
happy.gif

yamiyogurt

hiya rach,
here's something that i cut n paste from another forum (i asked them aby phuket b4 i went:p )

We stay in Burasari Resort. Quite a nice resort. Clean rooms, nice swimming pool.

Since we stay in Phuket for 7 days, we rent a jeep for 3 days. On the 5th day,We went for a full day trip to Phi Phi Island and Khai Island. Jeep rental - Bht 1500 for 3 days (quite Cheap!)Maybe off peak period.

Day trip to Phi Phi Island an Khai Island which include pick up from your resort to the jetty, speed boat to Phi Phi Don, Phi Phi Lae, Khai Island. Snookleing equipment(they bring us two place to snookle) Delicious seafood buffet lunch. All freeflow of Drinks and Fruits on board FOC. Cost - BHT1300 per pax (app SGD56.00 per pax). And they sent back to our resort. They did not even charge the two children we bring along.

Would like to recommend Magnolia Travel And CAr Rent for the Day Trip and Car rental. As we have survey a few places, Magnolia offer the best rates and services. Look for Carolina (manager).
Tel: 076-296725.
Address: 188/1 Taweewong Road near S&P Restaurant
in front of Club Andaman Hotel, Beach
Road, Patong Beach
Just tell them recommend by STORMWOLFSG. They will offer you good rates.

As for seafood, go to Laila Seafood Resturant(halal). Just tell the tuk tuk, they will know.
We have tom yam khong, kangkong, squid, prawns, crabs,2 steam fish. total less than BHT1000. for 4 adult and 2 children.

racherlle

yami ah!
u went to yahoo travel forum is it?
hehehe
i went too!!! so u were the one who started the thread ah? hehe :p
i wrote an email to Magnolia Travel 1 week back.. but no reply
sad.gif
sighh

tink will give them a call..

thanks anyway!!!
happy.gif

racherlle

oh yaa yami..
btw did u managed to get any tours from Magnolia Travel??
or did u managed to see them actually?
hmmm if u did.. do u have any package tours from them?????
can email me????

yamiyogurt

yah i was the one who started that thread there heheh :p

anyway i didnt get any tours from magnolia. there were many many tour agencies for u to chose from. u jus need to compare prices n bargain very hard.

racherlle

yami ah..
hmm there are tours to Krabi too right?
those tour agencies are at the airport???

do u noe roughly hw much is it?
coz i saw from some of the websites they are selling the tours at 2,900baht per person.. quite ex rite??? hmmmm..
i'm still tinking whether to spend 1 nite there..

yamiyogurt

there are tours to krabi too.

those tour agencies are everywhere.... u can miss them . it is all over patong beach area.

2900baht per person like a bit ex. is it inclusive of lodging?? there are also some that offers day trip to krabi. a lot of these agencies are not found in the internet so might have to go there then book the tours.

my phiphi tour was included in my f&e package so i not sure how much (should be 700-1000 baht for full day tour). going to phiphi on big boat (takes 2 hours) is cheaper than going on speenboat (abt 45 mins). the package for speedboat is ard 1400 baht i think....

i went for safari your = 700 baht. (elephant ride is quite fun)

We saw a krabi island day tour (no staying overnite) priced at 800 baht.... think can be cheaper if u bargain. :p

racherlle

ohh okie..
ya also tinking it's better to go there and book.. can bargain more also
happy.gif
hehe..

ya the 2,900 is not inclusive of lodging.. but go there by speedboat.. maybe tat explains y it's more expensive.. i wonder how long does it takes for taking the big boat to Krabi..

i've actually decided on the following islands to visit.. Phiphi island, Racha Island & Krabi.. as for Similan island.. tink it will be closed right for the monsoon period..

shld be sufficient for my 5 days of stay there..

racherlle

oh ya yami..
is there any white water rafting activities there?
hmmm..
any other recommendations other than safari, island hopping??? dun tink we will wan to watch the Phuket Fantasea Show..

yamiyogurt

yes there is whitewater rafting.... i wanted to try,.... but no chance. it looked really fun. but it is also one of the more costly tour. cost abt 2000 baht. but come to think of it, it might be more ex if u do whitewater rafting in places liek new zealand etc....

the key is to bargain bargain....hahaha.... u have more bargaining power if there is more people going. better try to ask rite from teh first day u r there, so have time to compare all the prices.

there is this simon caberat (i didnt watch fantasea) show.... (think u seen the show in my pics)

racherlle

oooh.. i tried water rafting when i was in Bali..
really shiok!!! hehe very exciting..
so now wanted to do it again.. coz i really love seasports!!
happy.gif

wah if i go New Zealand definitely muz try the water rafting.. hehe
oh ya btw is Jetski-ing cheap over there??
i love tat too! keke

hmmm ohh so the one u went to is the Simon Cabaret show ah.. i tot is the fantasea.. but dun tink we will go.. coz both of us dun really like..
hmm tinking of more outdoor activities to do..

yamiyogurt

jetski is abt 700 baht for a hour..... very envious that you are going soon :p

hahha...we v curious how 'pretty' those "ladies" are so went to watch. Fantasea is more of an circus...animal show
happy.gif