Photo Language

marie

Hi Stormfall!!

thanks for the feedback!! I had signed up for Ray last year as my actual day photographer in 2004. He was greatly recommended by Eric Er from Attitude whom i have enagaed as our studio/outdoor photographer. I went over to take a look at Ray's portfolio and like what you said, his works are very well done, manage to capture the colours, the mood of the wedding and also very focused. Me and my FH paid deposit on the spot...hehehe

Do share with us your pics if you dun mind..hehehe..

---------------------
For those who are interested in Ray's actual day services, his charges ranges from $1200 onwards. I took the $1600 package where the selected pics would be done up in paper album...as for actual details..i cant really rem...can email him at [email protected] for his quote...he replies quite fast.

stormfall

How do I share the pics? lol
happy.gif
I don't have the studio shots yet, and the outdoors I only have the proof... Ray's busy as a bee trying to get it done before we fly off to the UK (which is nice of him)
happy.gif
We only have the negatives for actual day wedding photos and I've mastered them onto a CD... If there's a location where I can upload the images, do let me know and I'll try to do it...!! I'm sure Ray won't mind the photos being seen on the internet
happy.gif

Agree on the mood of the wedding captured well by Ray
happy.gif
I will always look back to his photos with great fondness and memories!

Stormy

marie

HI Stormfall!!

Can tell that you are a very happy bride from your chirpy tone! Me keeping me fingers cross when its my turn..hehehehe

I notice quite a few brides either use yahoo or picture trail to upload their pics...maybe u can try uploading the picc there...me looking fwd to your pics!

Cheers!

T

tx

Hi

I have also engaged Ray Ong as my actual day photographer. He has recommended a videographer, Gary Long from Rec Production to me. Would like to know anyone here has engaged Gary to do actual day videography? Your comment on his work & service is appreciated.

Thank you.

marie

HI Tx

do u have Gary's contact as i am currently scouting for a videographer.

By the way, me also sign up with Ray. =)

Cheers!

T

tx

Hi Marie

Gary's HP no. is 98152140. I will be seeing him tonight.

Have you met up with any other videographer?

marie

Hi Tx

thanks for the contact #.
How is your meeting with Gary? What are his charges?
So far have not met up with any videographer..hehe....kinda lazy =P

Cheers!

abso1ute

Hi all,
Did my bridal photography with Ray and went to see & view our pics last week. They were really great! Honestly, I never had much confidence in my looks & my arms have always been on the fleshy side.
embarrassed.gif
But my FH and I felt that Ray captured the best profiles of us. Of course my gowns from Ted Wu helped tremendously as well!

Importantly, Ray's photographic style captured the kind of mood that we will always want to remember. My FH & I are more the "joker" types - we are more the hee hee- haha sort
lol.gif
. Most if not all the pics see us really smiling & laughing; Ray helped to put us in a comfortable mood. Af first I felt really unnatural cos I dun really like to take pics so I was robotic. But Ray was really nice & after some time I lightened up a lot.

Ray will also be our actual day photographer so we are really looking forward to having more good pics! Just wanted to post this cos I am really happy!
biggrin.gif

abso1ute

Hi Nov,

I took up the entire bridal package with Ted Wu & signed up with Photolanguage. The package was one of the few offered last year during Ted Wu's bridal show at Fullerton Hotel.

Therefore the bridal package came with
1 WG (rent), 1 EG (keep), Studio & Outdoor shots 1 Session, Make-up (Trial, Photo Session & Actual Day), Flowers (Photo Session & Actual Day). Package is at abt 5.1K.

Hope this helps.

tulipgal

hi!

i'm new here. currently looking for studio & outdoor photography for my wedding. after surfing the website, i thought Ray's really good!!! anyone of u have taken additonal photo besides the package? looking at his skills, i think my chances of buying extra are really high! u know the cost of additional 8R?
happy.gif

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tulipgal,

You may also like to know that SingaporeBrides card holders can sign-up for his promo package at $1800 with a total of 36 (inclusive of 6 free photos).

For more details, you can take a look here.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

estherc

Hi Chin Leng,

Does "sign up direct with Singapore Brides card" means going down to Ray's office and sign with the card?

Are there any promotion for actual day shoot?

tulipgal

thanx, chin leng!!!

the # of photos that i'll get for the package mentioned is really attractive, but as the description goes, it din really mentioned abt putting all 36 prints in an album which i see a couple of packages does... hmm... maybe the extra charges comes from purchasing of the album???
happy.gif

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi BB,

"Sign-up direct with SingaporeBrides card" means booking Ray's services directly with him instead of going through a third party. To enjoy the perks and privileges, you just need to show him the SingaporeBrides card when you make your booking.

Currently, Photo Language does not have any promotion for wedding day shoot with SingaporeBrides card.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

lilyjoe

Hi
Am considering engaging Ray Ong for my studio and outdoor photo. Could brides who have taken their photos recently share their phototaking experience with Ray? Is he easy to work with and how's the effect of the photos?

thanks

adidas

hi lily

juz to share with you my views for ray's AD shoot, he's a journalistic photographer ...
both of my gd frenz used him for AD, which i like his works very much coz he will take shoot of objects in an artistic way!

however for studio & outdoor shoot, have not seen his works b4 .. have booked him tentatively for my AD, will be meeting him later in feb to see his works

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

To view more of Ray Ong's studio portfolio, you can take a look at the 8 samples put up in his website at www.photolanguage.com

You may also like to know that currently, there is the "Most Photogenice Couple" and "Perfect Wedding Day" contest.

Simply print out the contest form, fill it up, attach a 4R picture of you and your partner in the sweetest or sexiest pose with a short description of your dream wedding. Mail your entry to Photo Language at 668A Geylang Road Singapore 389595
by <font color="ff0000">1 March 2004</font>. We look forward to receiving your entries!

For the more details of the contest or the form, please visit,

www.photolanguage.com/whats_new.html

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

You may like to know that SingaporeBrides card holders are entitled to an exclusive package at S$1800:

Wedding studio/outdoor photography package with 30 pieces of 8R prints. Sign-up direct with SingaporeBrides card and you'll get 6 extra 8R prints free!

Regards,
Chin Leng.

mooee

Hello Chin Leng,

I am planning to engage Ray tog with the Ted Wu pkg, do u think the deal for SingaporeBrides apply for actual day shot?

Thx

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Mooee,

Apologies for not responding to your query earlier. The SingaporeBrides card perks with Photo Language is available for studio/outdoor photography package only. It is not applicable to actual wedding day photography package.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any more queries. Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

elinwokk

hi chin leng, i am keen to take up the promo offer but just wondering does it include makeup hairdo and gowns/suits? bec it seems only to include the photography and film. *confused* thks a zill!

elinwokk

on this note, would it be cheaper for me to go via a Ted Wu package to engage Ray or directly thru Ray? i am just trying to figure out financially which is best ...

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Elin,

As Ray is a photographer and providing photography services, makeup and gowns/suits are not included in the package.

Ray's promo package for SingaporeBrides card holders is a unique and different package offer to our card holders. You'll have to work out the package and see which would be more suitable for your requirements.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

busybee

hi! my fiance and i are pretty blown away by ray's work. anyone had a recent photo shoot with him? we'd like to take a peek or some feedback will be good too. many thanks.
happy.gif

noah

hi..

I'm trying to bring this thread alive..

Does anyone has any comments on Ray? seems like he is a quiet guy ya?

mail_lum

hi... ya, when we first met him, he was very quiet but during our photoshoot, he was quite talkative leh... maybe he was trying to make us more at ease....

noah

hi mail...

oic.. btw, thanks for replying.. worried that he will be quiet throughtout the whole PS session..
happy.gif

did u engage him as ur AD photographer?

tootsieroll

Would like to have comments from anyone who has engaged Ray for their AD. I'm keen on having him, just from browsing through his website, seems to have a more uplifting feel than others I've seen.

mononoke

Hi all,

I like Ray's work alot. He might be more quiet but rather quiet and do work than someone who talks too much.
happy.gif

Everyone who seen my pictures all has praises for his work and I also liked it alot, even after wedding still keep looking at my pictures
happy.gif
)
Basically, hes always with his camera, and catches natural shots. If you are the type that like to pose and smile maybe Ray is not the one for you.

busybee

hi everyone!
i'm coming to the end of my "twiddling thumbs" stage, and will have to make my decision really soon. i've narrowed my list down to a handful of AD photographers but am still pretty harrassed by indecision. if anyone of you good people here can share ray's AD shots with me, i'd be truly grateful.
happy.gif
perhaps your pics will help me settle this once and for all yah?

odiey

Hi busybee
ve u met up with Ray to see his works? I was impressed by his works when he took for my sis 5 yrs ago. I must say that he has a style of his own which I can't find in another photographer, truly artistic and has an eye for details. I ve engaged him for my wedding next yr and will most likely sign up with him for studio too. ;p

He may be more ex compared to the rest, but at least i can be assured that my photos will turn out really beautiful...

busybee

thanks odiey!
yes, i've met him...and like you, impressed by his work. you know how some Ad photos may come across as somewhat bland...think ray's pictures exudes the air of joy and festivity and that's what i love about it! but the price is actually holding us back cos we're kinda looking into the coffee-table book thingy. still, like you said, it's worth it if we're more or less assured of the quality....sigh, we'd see how things go...

busybee

hi, snippy snappy!

basic wedding day photography $1280
-10 rolls of colour films with 4R prints in pocket album and cdrom

$1200 on top of it, if you want a coffee-table book, but with 15 rolls of film with the upgrade.

i dun have the full price list but this is a rough picture. dunno if the prices have changed since the last time i met up with ray, so you may wanna drop by his studio.
happy.gif

bochup

hihi
i've signed up with ray under ted wu (in feb so not sure of current prices). his package for AD there is $1480
-10 rolls of colour films with 4R prints in pocket album and cdrom
- 50 pcs of 5R enlargement print presented in photo album

or $2280
- max 20 rolls of colour films with 4R prints in pocket album and cdrom
- 50 pcs of 8R enlargement print presented in photo album

=)

snipsnap

yah i really liked his AD day work. usually I like the black and white styled ones..but his color looks really vibrant and festive like busybee mentioned
happy.gif
also really like jaki's work from ostudio but he charges 6k for AD !!! *gasp* ... at least with ray you get the photographer himself and not some other trainee =p

Thanks all for the info, gonna stop by his studio next week.

littleo2

Hiz, I'm really interested to get photolanguage for my studio shoots. Does anyone know which bridal shop is linked to photolanguage?? I only know Flamingo coz that's where I 1st saw his work and fell in love with it.

odiey

hi littleO2,

Ray also ties up with Ted Wu, Kai bridal. Not sure which other ones. You may check with him.

bochup

hihi
just had my photoshoot with ray yesterday. he's a very professional and great guy. put me and my FH completely at ease, kept smiling to keep us smiling and kept on taking great shots even when he slipped on wet grass (and hurt his bad right elbow) while taking our photos at raffles hotel. he's also quite humorous and kept trying to sell us his stuff at the studio (like a hot red velvet couch we sat on for our shoot). hehe
=)

tyikkim

Hi LO2,

No need to sign on with any particular Bridal Boutique to sign on with Ray...you can engage him privately, just tell whichever BS you sign up with to deduct the photography segment of the package accordingly.