Park Royal at Kitchener Rd

jawslyn

Hi Felicia, you can email the banquet coordinator on their package, they are quite prompt in replying cos i believe they have increased their prices slightly.

Hi Kaixin, I went there once for a wedding and i must say their food is good..thats why i decide to hold my wedding banquet there =)

feliciatan

Hi aLL..
I have emailed the hotel, viewed the ballroom and I like the overall feel=)

But hor they dun seems to be veri flexible with the perks. I only managed to ask for waiver of the corkage fee...

Any tips on negotiating the perks?

jawslyn

Hi Felicia, is your coordinator Melise? I found it very hard to negotiate with her as well, manage to only get waiver of corkage charge and if i settle my bill using UOB credit card I'll get a helpers room till dinner end for free and a anniversary dinner.. When's ur AD? =)

feliciatan

Hi Jawslyn,

yea my coordinator is Melise..
Oh she didnt offer me the anniversary dinner...
Veri hard to nego with her. She always say "our hotel package is veri cheap compared to other hotel." But overall she is still a veri nice lady..

The dates I wanted has been taken.. now considering whether to take a dinner on fri or not.. haiz.

jawslyn

Oicc.. I heard the previous coordinator easier to nego but left alrdy. As u said overall she's quite nice la but sometimes i feel she doesn't really bother.. Haha.
Which is the date u looking at? A lot of couples getting married next yr so advise u to decide fast =)
And of so many hotels package i researched on, theirs provide the most stuff as in free flow of beer n invitation cards of 80%..
happy.gif

feliciatan

ya true oso..

I was looking at 11 Sep n 25 Sep.. but both taken.. then now only left with fri 16 Sep.. going down this weekend i think.. but was thinking friday will it be too rush or not..

jawslyn

Icic.. If you are able to take a few days leave before your AD shouldn't be a problem for you and ur htb, but probs might arise for your jie meis and xiong dis if they are working and have to take leave.. cos for guests, they can always come after work n next day is saturday, so not too bad =)

starie85

Hi all!

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I've to let go of my wedding banquet at Park Royal Hotel on Beach Road. Looking for somebody to take over from me urgently.

The package is
-extended till JUNE 2011,
-$821nett per table, min 30 tables. (booked in 2009, thus the low price. 2011 price is almost $900)

I have the contract with all details, even the banquet food menu included.

Interested parties, please contact me at [email protected].

Regards,
Ai Lin

grinnie

hihi,

can anyone tell me tat UOB promo is from when to when? cos i paid my dep of $3K on 8 March 2010 and she didn't advise me of such a promo.

My AD is this coming sat! 15 Jan 2011
happy.gif

jawslyn

Hi Grinnie, you can ask Melise what else can you get if you pay your bill by using UOB card.. the promo was last year June.. I paid in Apr 10 also didn't get the perks. But i check with Melise if settle by UOB will get an Anniversary dinner + free helpers room.

grinnie

done with my wedding dinner at Parkroyal on Kitchener Road!
happy.gif
))))

am very happy with the food and service on that night
happy.gif

crystal theme for that night, it's very nice!

1622195.jpg

Hi all, got a deluxe room voucher to let go @ $188, comes with 2 ABF.

Good to have a feel of the hotel before booking.

PM for me details.

lady_wen

I do! Just met up with Melase last week! Hehe.

8 Course Dinner
$728 nett Mon to Thurs
$808 nett Fri to Sun, Eve and Public Hol

9 Course Dinner
$808 nett Mon to Thurs
$888 nett Fri to Sun, Eve and Public Hol

Hope it helps!
happy.gif
They're having another wedding showcase in July so get yr UOB cards ready!

yohz_yohz

Hi all, I just held my banquet last week but hubby and I were not pleasant at all after the banquet...
1) Melise is not very co-operative and has those 'can siam then siam' attitude...

2) Projector- she told us projectors and LCD tv cannot be linked so we need to bring about 4 laptops to operate.. I wonder why can't they engage their vendor to do it.. End up hubby called a few times to check their setup then also instructed them how to connect and link them up... Our xiong di went down and checked then realized it was very straight-forward setup.. As in just need to lay cable and plug into the 4 inputs....

3) we had a list of programmes so we decided to pay the surcharge to extend for 1 more hour but somehow they rushed so much in serving the foods.. My guests feedback that they served 2 dishes at 1 time, started from the 4th course... We checked with the coordinator there and he said groom instructed them to do so but in fact none of us gave such instruction... Our guests were confused as our programme list showed event will end at about 12.15am but waiters/waitresses had already served the 6th course at about 10pm.. Then we kept asking them not to rush in serving foods...8th course at 10.45pm... Our guests left gradually since it only left the last course as usually ppl will tend to skip the last course.., Hubby and I realised most of the guests had left after we came down from room with 3rd gown... Our xiong di and jie mei told us that they tried to get them not to serve foods in rush but they kept saying that my hubby instructed them to do so.. But in fact nobody had instructed them to do so

5) we exchanged all our free bridal rooms and rooms for our family and all the rooms are supposed to be deluxe rooms only.. But when we checked in and realised they allocated some superior rooms for us also.. After some arguments between hubby and Melise.. Then finally she had arranged for the room change..

After we had made payment the clear line had been drawn and Melise didn't even show up the next day when we checked out from our room to bid us bye or thank you/ congrat us.. Normally other hotels pratise this...

Ok.. That's all.. I only can say she didn't coordinate our banquet well and caused lots of disappointment to us... We didn't even have chance to take group photos with some of our long lost friends since they left b4 our programmes ended...

Banquet ended at about 11.15pm and all guests dismissed at about 11.30... We were full of disappointments and frustration but not turning back time....

fionake86

Very poor attitude from the sales team (in charge of wedding banquet)!!!!
Instead of the sales rep adjusting her schedule to meet us for the discussion, she insists that we meet her based on her timing.

Already told her that my HTB can't make it on weekday evening as he is on shift work but she just insist. And when i suggest to meet on weekends, she only wants to meet us on weekends which she needs to go back to oversees a function.

Example: She has a function to oversees on this Sat, we suggest to meet her @ 1pm. She doesn't want to do so coz the funcion is during the evening. She only wants us to meet her within 4pm to 6pm as she doesn't want to come earlier..

Guess the sales team has some attitude problem & the management has got to review the team since there are so many complains abt their service.

val3rine

I jus went dw to the hotel tdy. Was quite hapi wif the pckg but is melise always like tis? Quite a few bad remarks on her. Can anyone share more exp pls. I'm still considering.. Or is there any other better coordinator in the hotel?

teolayling

Hi went down to Parkroyal few days back.

The banquet is now under Si Chuan Dou Hua, they have been there for 6 -7 months. I am not too sure abt the previous restaurant quality , but i quite like Si Chuan.

They gonna have a wedding show up coming. in fact 2. One is by Sichuan and the other by Parkroyal. I am waiting for both packages to be send before I confrim the place. One thing to note. the price had really increased..

Agree with all, there perks are not that attractive. Esp the wine, should we need to purchase from outside , we have to get 1 carton from them, that is abt $9++. So I am also looking at how to get more perks from them.

As for the lady Melase. I also saw those comments abt her. But over the phone she was quite nice. She even advice me on how to go about using the cards to get more perks and rebates. There is another Co-ordinator call natelie but she is under Melase.

teolayling

hi Elizabeth

Melase is the hotel coordinator.

Si Chuan have show in 1st august if i remember correctly.

I liase with si chuan sales director but was told that still melase and team will handle the wedding cordination part.

LovelyCT

Hi, I have recently booked a wedding lunch banquet at park royal on kitchener road. Anyone has held their wedding there recently?