Pan Pacific Singapore

meixue

hi dora, can u send me the contract that u have with delia? My email is [email protected]

I'm seriously considering Pan Pac but i find the price a little out of budget. I have 30 tables and i only want the Pacific Ballroom on a weekend. What adjustments can be made to lower the price?

Are there any comments on other Pan Pac coordinators besides Delia?

maki

Meixue,

It is most unlikely that they would give you Pacific ballroom for 30 tables on a weekend. You would need at least 35 tables for Pacific ballroom. Unless you are thinking of a lunch reception ..... this may then be possible for 30 tables.

There are a few ways to adjust the price within your budget. One of which is to "play" with the menu .... please check with your sales coordinator - they can better advise you in this regard.

ew22

Hi Dora and other PP brides, wonder if you could email me details of your contract with PP. I am goin to negotiate with PP tmr. In return, I'll let you know mine once things are finalised.Thanks. My email is [email protected]

meixue

Pan Pac said that their minimum is 30 tables, and there are different packages for the different rooms. If i have 30 tables and i opt for $638 nett package (weekend or weekday), it's the Ocean Room. If i have 30 tables and i opt for the $738+++ weekend package, it's the Pacific Ballroom.

With only 30 tables, i wont be given the whole Pacific Ballroom. Most likely Pacific 1 and 2.

I'll be meeting up with delia soon. What adjustments can I make to lower the price?

boo

hi all,
me also pan pac bride.
jus asked pan pac if they can lend me the projector for the dinner cos i want to have some video to be shown. but they told me it's not working anymore... now i really dunno wat to do cos if want to ask them to rent it'll cost me 500 which is !!!!! but i really want to have the presentation. sigh....anyone has the same problem? or anyone has lobang for cheap projector rental??
thx...

dora

Hi Meixue, Wendy and Geneva

Sorry I MIA for a while, been very busy at work. I was speaking with Delia the other day. There is a bridal show coming up in Oct that is $20 cheaper for every table for the Pacific Ballroom. That will work out to be about the same for my package, maybe you gals want to check it out. Alternatively you can check out the Ocean Room Package which is really attractive @$638nett with free flow beer for weekend also.

I don't have the package details with me now.... will TRY to e-mail it to you gals when I get home tonight, that is if I can leave office early
sad.gif

kokeishun

Hi guys, I am going to sign up with PP this week and has already gone throught most of the details with Delia. However, I not very comfortable with the low ceiling height, I was unable to view the full setup as nobody got wedding during the ghost festival month.

Is there anybody out there have used or view the ocean ballroom with full wedding setup can advise me?

Thanks a million

cubby

hi kokeishun,

this sun there is a wedding at ocean ballrm. maybe u wan to view the actual setup before signing the contract.
happy.gif

greymonster

hi Boo,

i think they bull shit about the projector thing.
How can a 5 star hotel have a faulty projector?
What if they have a conference? Ask those big shot to rent one is it?

kokeishun

Hi Cubby and Geneva

I not aware that there is a wedding going on.. Mmmm.. Yup I think I will be going to see see look look.

Tentatively, I am looking at July 2004 because my sister birthday falls on that month and I want to celebrate for her during my wedding.. Hee hee

kokeishun

Hi Boo

Think you can try to bargain harder..

Anyway if they really not going to give it to you, let me know because my friend used to be a event organizer can get the projector for about $250 inclusive of delivery..

kokeishun

Hi all

Just spoken to Delia, there is a wedding at Ocean Ballroom this weekend.

If anybody wants to view the ballroom can go take a look, the full setup will be ready around 1830..

See ya..

boo

hi kokeishun,
thx will try to talk to her again......... if it fails, i'll look for u hehe.....
thx....
my add is [email protected]

jus curious, for those who had signed up with pan pac, dun u all need the projector?? cos i din see anyone having the same prob as me. or izzit cos she only din want to lend it to me haha...

maroz

Hi everyone,

I am new on this threadline...i am interested in booking at PP too...

heard from juliana that there will be a wedding at grand ballroom and one at ocean tis sat...so maybe u all can go take a look =)
i intend to go take a look too....

By the way, really interested in knowing how can we bargain for better prices with them? like do we have to sacrifice some perks?

thanks a million!! =)

cubby

hi kokeishun,

great that u had made tentative booking w them liao, at least u get to secure urself the date if anyone wans it. me goin to see the actual setup this sun cos wan to get a feel of the ballrm after decor.
mine is in june03, bcos my FH bd is on the same mth! so can celebrate his bd during honeymoon heehee
happy.gif

hi maroz,
if u wan a lower price u will have to sacrifice some perks but i think the lowest they can go is ard $20 per table. parking,wedding cards, cockage charges they are willing to give u more. so no need to worry abt these.

hi boo,
hmmm...actually wat is the projector for? pardon me for my ignorance
happy.gif

maroz

thanks cubby =)

hope my negotiation skills good enuff to get at least a $20 disc =)

cos i tink i prefer the grand ballroom...but the ocean room package is too attractive to resist

ew22

Hi cubby and maroz,

the $20 discount that you are referring to is only for the grand ballrm right? I don't think they give discount for the ocean room cos they claimed it's already on promotion.

BTW, heard that PP's wedd show actually offers discount of $20 per table for the grand ballrm, therefore, I think there's no need to give up any perks.

Hope this info helps.

I have yet finalised my contract with Johnny. Meeting him up tomorrow evening. Heard from Johnny that the ocean ballrm is selling like hot cakes cos I wanted to change the dates after picking out the good ones but most have been taken up.

kokeishun

Hi everybody

Been to the ocean ballroom tonight and seen the setup, well I must say I am really very disappointed and sad...

The whole ballroom lack of ambience and is very bare. Seen some of the helpers brought in extra props to add on but still...

Though I do agreed that as compared to Pacific ballroom, we are paying a much lower price but it does not justify the deco that I have seen..

Now having second thought about having my dinner there already cos though I am willing to top up and take the pacific ballroom but unfortunately the date that I wanted is fully booked so might need to do sourcing again...

Anybody been pan pac tonight? Care to share about the ballroom setup?

koori

Hi brides out there,
I went to both the ballrooms this evening.Must say that ocean ballroom looks quite normal, not sure if the lightings can be changed? Anyone knows?

Of cos compared to the pacific ballroom looks much grander, the price you are paying makes a difference too. However, i have mental preparation that the ocean ballroom isnt going to be that great...heheh. Better than my expectations though, still acceptable in my own opinions.

Not sure if I am going to choose PP cos concerned abt the food also.
Anyone has idea how is the food like in PP?

kokeishun

Hi Koori

The Ocean Ballroom lightings cant be changed can only be dimmer and as for the food, I guess it depends on your luck. There are both negative and positive comments about it.

babestaurus

Hi Kokeishun,
I agreed the ballroom looks abit empty/bare with only 18 tables last nite! If urs is more than that guess it wont look so bare! Also, the color theme plays a part... the purplish table looks abit dull. Im not sure wat is wrong with the ocean ballroom prob is cos w/o e red carpet n high ceiling..etc

By the way, heard the projector is at the back of e ballroom! Abit weird rite?

Also, only 4 floral stand at the aisle. The Mgr told us if u want extra you need to pay for it!

cubby

hi ladies out there,

i also went to view both pacific and ocean ballrm yest. of cos ocean cant be compared to pacific cos pacific got high ceiling and intelligent lightings. but the price diff is ard 200 per table so overall i'm still quite satisfied with what i saw at ocean.

hi EW22,
yah the ocean ballrm promo is taken up very fast. glad that i got my date before another couple
happy.gif

hi kokeishun,
i think u had a high expectation tats y u are very disappointed. for the price, i think ocean is already very worth for money cos got free flow of beer that pacific dunhave too. the price is ard 200 so i think it does justify too. if u have lesser tables maybe dun use all 5 ocean but 4 instead so wont look so bare liao. u can also do some decor urself like cover the lightins etc.

hi koori,
besides dim the lights, u can do something to cover it also. so long as u dun spoil it, u can do decor to the lights too

hi yvonne,
yah i also feel the floral stand is too little also..
btw yest is not only 18 tables, it ard 30. the whole ballrm can take 38 tats y it look abit bare. so maybe can use 4 instead of 5 ocean function rms.
i think panpac dun use red carpet cos they think its abit old fashion...so for pacifc ballrm also no red carpet.

kokeishun

Hi everybody

After the disappointment that I got on sat I went back to Pan Pac again on Sun to view the ballrooms again.

It was a totally different setup from sat, I was told that sat was candlelight theme while sun was zen garden.

The zen garden is much more welcoming than the other one. The whole setup is sweet and classy and therefore I felt much better. Though the floral stand is too little like what yvonne and cubby mentioned.

Anyway, me and hubby decided to do extra deco to the ballroom to make it nicer. Hee Hee... you know how girls are with their dream wedding.. Sigh...

For those out there who is doing the sourcing, a word of advice is to view all the different theme before committing because different expectations.

Hi Yvonne,

The projector part, Pan Pac explained that the screen is big enough even for those nearer to the front but maybe can consider requesting for a portable one to be placed in front.

I think if the whole ballroom decorated with enough flowers, people might not noticed the low ceiling, hopefully.

Hi Cubby

Actually, if we use 5 ocean funtion rooms, the backdrop of the stage is nicer. As you might noticed that on sat only 4 rooms are used, the backdrop is just the plain partition but on sunday whereby all 5 rooms are used, they have used a golden cloth to do the backdrop that covers up the wall and it does look nicer.

cubby

hi ladies,

think there is some confusion here....my comments are for sun setup....i did not view the setup on sat. no wonder there are different comments on the setup and decor lah....

kokeishun,
so u feel sun setup is nicer isit? no wonder u said abit bare...then i feel is not...cos we are talking abt diff day setup lah....
yah..me also planning to do extra decor....yup...i will definitely use all 5 ocean rms...so more spacious.

kokeishun

Hi Cubby

Yup i will be taking the zen garden theme that you seen on sun. The sat setup is disappointing because on the stage, there is only a candlelight stand and 2 floral stands so its a bit bare. The number of tables also contributes to the overall outlook, just wondering why pan pac did not do up the ballroom when the table number is not enough to fill up the room.

So when is your wedding? Have you confirmed already? Which coordinator you liasing with? Personally feel that Delia a bit blur leh but she is good at making one comfortable with her service and she does give good bargain also.

kokeishun

Hi Cubby

By the way, you say can cover the lightings, how should we do it?

Do we provide the material like sash and pan pac will do it for us or do we have to rope our helpers to do it on the actual day?

cubby

hi kokeishun,

so the sun set up is called zen garden...i din know abt the name of the theme actually...think i will also settle on this theme too.
i think most hotels will not do extra decor unless u wan to pay extra....maybe the sat couple dun mind it abit bare so din do extra decor.

yup..already confirmed w pan pac 2 weeks ago...my wedding in june. how abt u?
i liase with johnny, he's quite flexible too. so long as delia is nice and flexible, i think its fine liao. my coordinator also abit blur...cos he meet many couple tats y. so u sign up w pan pac liao?

for the lightings u have decor everything urself. pan pac do not provide extra help. u have to get prof to do it, or else u risk having to replace the lights if its spoilt.

i'll either cover the lights w sash or made a mini gazebo onthe stage...haven decide yet.

babestaurus

Hi gals,
I went Panpac on sat & sun. Lucky we decided to drop by to see diff theme. We loved the Zen garden theme on sunday... the table was very well spread out and more floral n e backdrop is definitely better! I will go for ZEN if i confirm with Panpac... heehee!

lazyone

Cubby,

Did Johnny say it's ok with cover the lights? Coz Delia said that they wouldn't recommend it becoz of being afraid that the lights will heat up and that is a safety hazard. Maybe you can confirm with Johnny and let us know? I am also considering doing something with the lights.
happy.gif

piney

Hi All

me interested in the ocean room promotion but anticipate have only 23-24 tables. so dunno if can get sat or sun nite...anyone who has negotiated for ocean room and less than 25 tables can share with me what to do? thks!!

*blur blur*

kokeishun

Hi Jazz

For sat or sun, they require min of 30 tables but i manage to negotiate to 28.

Think you can try to negotiate, sometimes if the date that you choose is not peak, they might give in and also to hit the sales quota.

kokeishun

Hi Cubby

Mine is July 2004 because its near my sister birthday so can suprised her with birthday celebration too. : )

Yup, I signed with pan pac already so now no backing out.. ; )

Did you choose the teddy bear for your wedding favours?

Btw, which bridal boutique you signed up with huh? Me still sourcing leh.. But very troublesome because I need to travel due to work so not much time left for everyting..

babestaurus

Hi Kokeishun,
So coincidence! My wedding is on 3rd July 2004. When is urs? Btw, my catering sales manager is Delia Tang. So, you taking Ocean ballroom and how many tables you hving?

squirt

Hi ladies

me new here...i been dwn last sat...abit bare..i feel..

so on sunday..is the 'zen' theme huh? Can I just confirm Zen is the 'Flowers' theme..

Juliana, the sales coordinator told me we can hve a mixture of candles and flowers ( you can have flowers on the aisel and candles on the tables) for the theme at no extra cost leh....maybe u gers can check again..

I have tentatively book the 6 nov 04..but still looking ard...

any good comments to contribute ladies?

cubby

hi My kun,
yes...i did check w johnny before i sign up w them...so long as u dun spoil the lightings, he allow me to do anythin i wan....
happy.gif

i think onthe part of the lights heat up...i think the people who help u to put up decor will know what to do for safety ..

hi jazz,
i negotiate for 25 tables, and there is this other gal negotiate for 23 tables. all without reserve. i think u can try luck to negotiate ard the no. of tables like us.

hi kokeishun,
so u jus signed w pan pac! congrats! me haven chose favours yet...cos its still so early, mine in june mah...so still got 9 mths to go
happy.gif

i'm now doin bridal search...been to many but yet to decide on one leh! tonite i'm goin to feline. fri will go silverlining and Robin photography, cos considering divine too...
how abt u? which bridal u considering?

hi Shanice,
yup..we can have both flowers and candles without extra charge, tats one of the theme for ocean...and most ppl chose this theme actually.
if u have tentative book liao...then shld be safe...so whenu need to give an ans?

lazyone

Thanks Cubby,

I suppose it wasn't stated in the contract for covering the lightings, since you are engaging someone else to decor? Maybe closer to the day you can share with us whom you engaged to do the lightings
happy.gif
happy.gif

BTW, can anyone negotiate for putting the sash on the seats of the guests' chairs? Heard it cost $3+++ per seat. And judging on Sunday's decor (yup!we were one of the couples also snooping around) the overall ambience looks so much nicer with additional decor (compared to Saturday)

The package for Ocean looks rather comprehensive (free flow beer, etc.) Did anyone manage to do some more negotation for goodies? Dont mind can share? (we can email privately as well).

kokeishun

Hi Yvonne

Mine is on the 10 July 2004 and yup its ocean ballroom that we got. We booked for about 28 tables. So how you find Delia?

Wich bridal boutique you using?

kokeishun

Hi Shanice

The full name for the sun setup is zen garden theme and yes, the stage, isle and tables are all decorated with flowers and candles but am considering to buy the candles ourselves because we find the candles that pan pac provide is too small and makes the tables look bare. Its just another 100+ if we buy from outside.

I had been talking to Conrad before set on Pan Pac, we find that Pan Pac is more flexible in taking care of our needs and Delia makes us very comfortable with her service though sometimes she did not get back to us as promised and we need to go after her.

However, we find her responsible towards her job because on both sat and sun we have seen her doing her rounds for pacific and ocean ballroom to ensure everything is well.

Another additional bonus is that we also find that there is a security officer outside the ocean ballroom most of the time to ensure the safety of the 'ang baos'...

kokeishun

Hi Cubby

Hee hee, pai sei, i m the type of kan chiong bride so i have settled most of the things for dinner which inclusive of the wedding favours. Reason being me always outstation and most of the time will be away for one whole month so must be a bit kia su.. pai sei pai sei.. Hee hee

Me been to silverlining too because love O studio photography. Jit is a very nice person to deal with and he is very accomodating and have seen the gowns that he designed, very dreamy flowing kind.. Thumbs up for him. You will have a pleasant time with him as he is not pushy and not stingy in sharing his opinion.

Another bridal boutique you can actually consider is blu mesh, its another thumps up.

Me actually confirmed and signed up with Bridal Zone. The other girl from BZ thread introduce me to Grace and she is good too.

Reason that I signed up with her is that she really provide a very good deal and we do not need to bargain with her for anything. She auto gives us a lot of free perks and also their photographer, Sam has the same photo technique as O studio which is a big plus for us.

Maybe you can do a bit more sourcing before confirming with anyone of them and if you need me to introduce BZ to you, I can do so. From my view, no harm going for a few more before deciding lor...

So now, I can set my mind for my trip next week and when I am back in Oct, got to decide on the gown as Nov is my first appointment..

Mmm... excited leh...

kokeishun

Hi Muffins

Can leave me your email add?

Hi everyone

How you find the silver bows that were tied on the chairs? I find them a bit weird leh..

lazyone

Kokeishun,

Your wedding dinner is on my birthday. Haha.. what a co-incidence. Too bad my house isn't ready, else I woudln't mind having wedding dinner on my bd. Double celebration.

I thought the silver bows pretty nice ;P Maybe I'm quite easily pleased.

Talking about security wise,.. well, was a bit surprised when there was a security to check our car boot at the car park. Probably due to the bomb scares...

My email is [email protected]

cubby

hi muffins,
yup..will be getting someone to do the decor...cos really think the lights plain leh...
yup..will share abt this idea when its closer..
happy.gif
u booked pan pac liao? when's ur wedding?

actually i din realised abt the sash on the chairs...u mean it is not included in the package? i tot it is leh...so must pay extra for it ah....i'll prob try to neg free when its closer to my date...

hi kokeishun,
oh..so u decided on using the bears liao? since u are always flying so its good u settle things fast.
happy.gif

so u sign up ur bridal liao...so nice to find a bridal u like so fast...me actually been to many...but really cant decide leh....actually my dilemma is not sure whether to invest in bridal anot?....means whether to spent more or less....

glad to see positive comments on silverlining Jit...at least i can be assured of service when i'm there on fri
happy.gif
me also like his type of gowns so wan to go and take look
happy.gif

wow...need to be so early for first fitting? alot of ppl told me to book bridal ard 9 mths in advance...esp for MTM gowns...but i scared if book too early like kiasu leh....how...

actually like muffins, i find the sash on the chairs quite nice leh! at least not so plain mah...
happy.gif

happy that there are security guards patrolling ard...last time pacific got thieves came to snatch the ang boq box away...so scary!!...

kokeishun

Hi Cubby

We have KIV the bears first but Delia told us that her manager still sourcing for other nicer favours so we will see how it goes first. Anyway, the white bears is not 100% available for the favours. Delia told us that if the response is not good, they will do away with it.

For me, I decide not to invest in bridal because like most of my friends, they keep away their albums the storeroom or book shelf to collect dust. So to play safe, I decide to invest in my honeymoon instead.

Actually, I already know what design I would have for my gowns so since BZ have them both MTM, I can still have my dream gowns. Thats why, I decide on the spot after I seen their workmanship.

BZ told me since I go outstation often, its better that I do it fast in case I feel like reshooting then still got time, its on the safe side lor.. Actually what she says is true because if the bridal shop jeopardize the gown or photo shoot, I still got time to redo and not let them spoil my actual day.

It actually happen to pacific ballroom about the thieves incident. That is also one of the reason I prefer Ocean because at least its on the second level.

I might do the floral centre piece for all tables myself as I find the provided ones are too small and make the tables look a bit plain..

I like very demanding hor... My HTB going to have headaches soon...

Sigh...

cubby

hi kokeishun,

so they gonna have even nicer favours ah! so me also wan to wait to see whether nicer than the available ones now, then decide. u mean the response for bears not good meh? the sun couples use all bears leh! i think maybe too exp to maintain.....

ya...most ppl lept their album inthe stores....but its the actual day that ppl see the gowns also....cos phtos cant really see the designs clearly. me quite wary abt MTM gowns cos actually saw some no standard...worse than their OTR ones....so i wil prob only choose MTM if i take up designer bridal...otherwise...i would prob go for OTR....see how my bridal search goes
happy.gif

i also think abit plain on the tables...i will prob just add on to the existing decor.... maybe will ask for more flower stands too....will also decor the lights...heheehee me also demanding lah...so u are not alone ;)

meixue

I think the bears are quite a nice and substantial wedding favour! If Pan Pac is going to do away with the bears, i better go and reserve it first.

I've also confirmed my booking with Pan Pacific for AUgust. It's for the Ocean Ballroom. I also like the Zen Garden theme they have and i will ask for the siiver bows. I think it's $3 for one bow. is the price negotiable?

any other ideas how to decorate the reception foyer and the back of the ballroom??

I find the ocean package quite comprehensive, so i dont know what freebie to ask for. For me, food tasting is for 10, waiver of corkage for first 12 bottles of red wine. that's about all.

kokeishun

Hi Cubby and Meixue

The bears that I refer to are not those we saw on sat or sun leh, its actually bigger and white in colour with red bows and ribbons. Its a new version of the bears that pan pac are giving away.

As for the silver bows, why dun you try negotiate for free because the materials are existing and only workmanship are being thrown in so maybe they can give you free. Try harder to negotiate with your coordinator..

Cheers!