Officiant for church wedding

new bride to be

Hi,
I need some advice..

my HTB is a non believer and I am a christian. I manage to find a pastor for solemnizing my wedding however, he is unwilling to officiate my wedding.

i really want to do in a church for my ROM and solemnization.

do you all know if we definitely need a pastor to officiate the wedding or can I get a friend to do it?

thanks!

There is some churches that allow only need either bride or groom to be Christian. I manage to ask for a list from one of the member in FB. You can give me your email address I'll forward to you.

You can also check with the below licence Christian church pastor for advises if they allow.

CHRISTIAN NATIONAL'S EVANGELISM COMMISSION CHANG BAO-WHA PAUL (REV (DR))
LANGUAGE PREFERRED: ENGLISH, MANDARIN 62800312(O) LICENCE EXPIRING ON: 31 Dec 2013

LOGOS CHRISTIAN CHURCH LAU YEW SENG (MR) LANGUAGE PREFERRED: MANDARIN 62896241(O) LICENCE EXPIRING ON: 31 Dec 2015

LOGOS CHRISTIAN CHURCH WONG CHIAU YAU (REV) LANGUAGE PREFERRED: 62896241(O) LICENCE EXPIRING ON: 31 Dec 2016

TAI SENG CHRISTIAN CHURCH (CNEC) LTD LEE BING SUN DANIEL (REV (DR)) LANGUAGE PREFERRED: 62824556(O) LICENCE EXPIRING ON: 31 Dec 2016

THE PEOPLE'S BIBLE CHURCH NG TENG TAT HENRY (REV) LANGUAGE PREFERRED: ENGLISH, MANDARIN 62891920(O) LICENCE EXPIRING ON: 31 Dec 2017

jacjacq

Hi all, need some advise here too.. My situation is slightly different as I'm wondering if it's possible to do a holy matrimony (outside of church premise). Must I engage a church pastor to do it for me or is it possible to find a JP who can also say a prayer for us? A couple of considerations I have are:
1) Timing. I'm doing a wedding luncheon and may not have enough time to include praise and worship during the solemnization.
2) Our families and relatives are non-believers, hence I would prefer to keep the solemnization simple to avoid awkwardness.

Not sure if what I have in mind is even acceptable hence feasible, but please do share similar experience if you have. Much appreciated! :)

Valerie87

There is some churches that allow only need either bride or groom to be Christian. I manage to ask for a list from one of the member in FB. You can give me your email address I'll forward to you.

You can also check with the below licence Christian church pastor for advises if they allow.

LANGUAGE PREFERRED: ENGLISH, MANDARIN 62800312(O) LICENCE EXPIRING ON: 31 Dec 2013

LOGOS CHRISTIAN CHURCH LAU YEW SENG (MR) LANGUAGE PREFERRED: MANDARIN 62896241(O) LICENCE EXPIRING ON: 31 Dec 2015

LOGOS CHRISTIAN CHURCH WONG CHIAU YAU (REV) LANGUAGE PREFERRED: 62896241(O) LICENCE EXPIRING ON: 31 Dec 2016

TAI SENG CHRISTIAN CHURCH (CNEC) LTD LEE BING SUN DANIEL (REV (DR)) LANGUAGE PREFERRED: 62824556(O) LICENCE EXPIRING ON: 31 Dec 2016

THE PEOPLE'S BIBLE CHURCH NG TENG TAT HENRY (REV) LANGUAGE PREFERRED: ENGLISH, MANDARIN 62891920(O) LICENCE EXPIRING ON: 31 Dec 2017

Hi Florence,

I'm in the same situation. I'm Christian but HTB isn't. My parents church requires both bride and groom to be Christians and baptised.

Could you also send me the list that allows just either bride or groom to be Christian?

Thank you! [email protected]

Carxloh

Hi Florence, could you send me the list as well please? [email protected]

Thank you!

Hi,
I need some advice..

my HTB is a non believer and I am a christian. I manage to find a pastor for solemnizing my wedding however, he is unwilling to officiate my wedding.

i really want to do in a church for my ROM and solemnization.

do you all know if we definitely need a pastor to officiate the wedding or can I get a friend to do it?

thanks!
hi i am in the same situation.
what do you mean by
" I manage to find a pastor for solemnizing my wedding however, he is unwilling to officiate my wedding."

Stell

Hi Florence and everyone, so many people having same problem. Can I get the list too. My email [email protected]

Btw, why don’t you post the list here so everyone can just use it. Otherwise you will busy sending email to many people

WillisYKP

Hello,
Apology hijack your thread.
Me and my wife to be both are Christian. I am baptized and she is not. We don't belong to any church as member, I also like to know any Christian Solemnizer offer his/her to non member Christian. And we are hosting a wedding lunch so would love to have a Christian Solemnizer come to our wedding lunch to conduct the solemnization for us.

Please advise. Thank you very much.

choops

Hi All,

Im having a big headache with finding a church and pastor to marry me and my HTB. I'm Christian and member of a church that won't marry a Christian and a Non-believer. Any ideas for a church and a pastor to marry us?

HTB has no religion.

Suggestions anyone?

chocolateaffair

Hi All, i'm in the same boat.. anyone can share their experience and contacts for a Christian JP? we are having a really simple "civil ceremony" in a restaurant venue, but as a christian i would like the day and marriage to be prayed over. so just a prayer of blessing after the ceremony. is that possible?

anyone? i had actually had my heart set on Simon sim, but he's retiring before my wedding... i'm so desperate.. *cries*