Oct 2016 BTB

kemise

Hello outtaworld, I can pm u my candy bar contacts if u like. My candy bar is all candies kind with no cream items (macaroons, cupcakes) cos mbs discouraged me to bring cream related items for fear of food poisoning as I need to sign an exclusion clause if I bring in cream related items for the reception. Thus, just candies n dry biscuits only. The candy bar company is kinda new but the decor is rather nice imho.

And I've sent my bridesmaids invites 1 month ago! Just to keep them informed n make sure I don't turn into bridezilla! Lol

Yeah, MBS also told me to self make my own candy bar if I want, instead of getting a vendr to do it because they discourage me from bringing cream items too.

Hi all, any recommendations for AD photographer/videographer?

For my pre wed and AD photog, I'm using The Happy Fish. Quite happy with their service so far. Not sure if it's the common practice but the photog actually went to scout the locations I had in mind for photo shoots! I'm pretty impressed. Gonna meet up with him again this weekend. So far they've been pretty professional.

tingx

Hello beautiful bride to be for this Oct! It's good to have found this group as great support network! :) Can I check if anyone of u have initiated the meet the parents discussion for wedding? How did it turn out?

Hello beautiful bride to be for this Oct! It's good to have found this group as great support network! :) Can I check if anyone of u have initiated the meet the parents discussion for wedding? How did it turn out?

HTB and I have done the meet the parents discussion. Had it at one of the Putien outlets.

Discussed about expectations... Like level of superstition and number of tables (both sets of parents are somewhat traditional and have their own superstitions) to "give" to the bride. The rest was more of chit chat for them to get to know each other so it'll be easier when we do things together down the road, eg buying of 四点金 & other wedding stuffs.

Mine was alright. The typical dinner one would expect when the folks are around.

Hope yours would be fruitful as well.

octobride

For my pre wed and AD photog, I'm using The Happy Fish. Quite happy with their service so far. Not sure if it's the common practice but the photog actually went to scout the locations I had in mind for photo shoots! I'm pretty impressed. Gonna meet up with him again this weekend. So far they've been pretty professional.

Could you share with me your package?

Yeah! Quite fast! He was my 2nd choice. I asked dr phua first even though I know his license expires in June. I thought he could renew his license but he explained to me that it's not up to him to decide.
Hahaha.. I did the same as u. Emailed Dr. Phua first.. but I also did email a few others.. no replies :(
So when I received his email saying "okay" I'm so happy! :D

jolly11

hahaha *high five*!
I realised we are both 29 Oct btb too!

Happy wedding & Deepavali to us! lol

Hello!! I'm also 29 Oct 2016 Btb! Proposal made 1 Jan 2016 and in that month, we have decided on venue + bridal boutique + JP + MUA + bridesmaids.

Not much of a choice actually as we are going to collect the keys for our house early Q2. Gonna be a year of wedding + house planning...

Am glad to be on this forum to get some support and encouragement along the way. <3

octobride

Hi all! Updates so far:

- Settled on dinner banquet
- AD PG/VG & photobooth confirmed
- Some reception table decors purchased
- Bought wedding red packets (kiasu but got discount mah!!)

This coming Saturday, appointment with BS :)

noellecwt

Hi all! I'm a 29th Oct Bride too!
I have seen so many brides mostly all the things settled. But I have only settled with venue, and BS. OMG

May I ask your price range for AD PG + VG + Photobooth?
I'm looking at 1 at round $3,588 - Is it too pricey?

And what decorations should we actually prepare? Only for reception table? I'm so lost! Haha

Hi all! I'm a 29th Oct Bride too!
I have seen so many brides mostly all the things settled. But I have only settled with venue, and BS. OMG

May I ask your price range for AD PG + VG + Photobooth?
I'm looking at 1 at round $3,588 - Is it too pricey?

And what decorations should we actually prepare? Only for reception table? I'm so lost! Haha

Hey I'm a 29 Oct bride too! Where did u settle for BS and venue?

The one that's $3588 includes AD pg and VG and photo booth?

I've also just about settled the same stuffs as you. Not sure if I've left out anything. But don't feel there's anything else I need to do until pre wed shoot draws near leh.

Oh I've also confirmed by JP cos my ROM is in May.

octobride

Hi all BTBs
What to look out for before signing with the BS? Do I have to try on a few gowns first? If yes, should I wear nubra to the BS? Thanks!

jolly11

Hi all BTBs
What to look out for before signing with the BS? Do I have to try on a few gowns first? If yes, should I wear nubra to the BS? Thanks!

Depending on the bridal boutique you plan to go. Some allow gown fitting some don't. I got mine in JB and they allow you to try on the gowns first. I didnt wear nubra then, but it is required when you go for your photoshoot and AD!

jolly11

Hey I'm a 29 Oct bride too! Where did u settle for BS and venue?

The one that's $3588 includes AD pg and VG and photo booth?

I've also just about settled the same stuffs as you. Not sure if I've left out anything. But don't feel there's anything else I need to do until pre wed shoot draws near leh.

Oh I've also confirmed by JP cos my ROM is in May.

I am also hunting for VG and PG! Also about that range if you want good ones. My friend got hers from at $1k each but they are like Freshies... I am contemplating too, saw the results last year but not too impressed. Totally the art of balancing cost and expectations...

jolly11

I am doing my Solemnisation together (already secured a JP) with the AD on 29th Oct. But because our house is coming in Q2, I need to sign cert at ROM with the man. Any idea who are needed to be present / the required dressings / who to invite? Do we also need to book a JP? Or just book a slot on ROM website and pay the fees can already? Thankful for advice!

I am doing my Solemnisation together (already secured a JP) with the AD on 29th Oct. But because our house is coming in Q2, I need to sign cert at ROM with the man. Any idea who are needed to be present / the required dressings / who to invite? Do we also need to book a JP? Or just book a slot on ROM website and pay the fees can already? Thankful for advice!
If u want to do it outside, u can book a JP. If u want to do it at ROM itself, just book a slot. You need 2 witnesses.

jolly11

If u want to do it outside, u can book a JP. If u want to do it at ROM itself, just book a slot. You need 2 witnesses.

The solemnisation is like a quick ceremony done before my wedding banquet commences (same day). It is more of reciting the vows and exchanging of rings. We have booked the JP for this already.

Because we need to collect our house keys, so we need to head down to ROM to sign the marriage cert-> do we need a JP and 2 witnesses as well? Thanks!

The solemnisation is like a quick ceremony done before my wedding banquet commences (same day). It is more of reciting the vows and exchanging of rings. We have booked the JP for this already.

Because we need to collect our house keys, so we need to head down to ROM to sign the marriage cert-> do we need a JP and 2 witnesses as well? Thanks!
No need for JP because there will be officers there already. But yes you still need your witnesses.

jolly11

But because you have already signed your cert, is your JP ok with just doing the ceremony without the whole signing?
I didnt thought of that! Would he actually mind? Omg, thanks for alerting me on this lol. I better let him know that it is just for vows and exchanging of rings...

I didnt thought of that! Would he actually mind? Omg, thanks for alerting me on this lol. I better let him know that it is just for vows and exchanging of rings...
Because technically a JP is present because we need them to marry us. But for your case, you've already signed so his position is quite redundant.

I think smart casual at ROM ba. Even though it's a simple ceremony, it's symbolic as well.

So you'll exchange rings + vows twice? Why not show HDB your receipt that you're getting married in Oct so you can get the keys first then submit cert after?

Last edited:

jolly11

Because technically a JP is present because we need them to marry us. But for your case, you've already signed so his position is quite redundant.

I think smart casual at ROM ba. Even though it's a simple ceremony, it's symbolic as well.

So you'll exchange rings + vows twice? Why not show HDB your receipt that you're getting married in Oct so you can get the keys first then submit cert after?
Oh I didnt know we can do that. If yes, that would be even better. So a receipt of the wedding venue deposit will do yah?

Oh I didnt know we can do that. If yes, that would be even better. So a receipt of the wedding venue deposit will do yah?
Yes you can. A lot of people do this actually! Email your HDB officer and let her know that you guys have booked your banquet already. Submit all the neccesary receipts (with the dates) to justify your reason. If you took grant, it may be a lil more difficult if you meet strict officers.

jolly11

Yes you can. A lot of people do this actually! Email your HDB officer and let her know that you guys have booked your banquet already. Submit all the neccesary receipts (with the dates) to justify your reason. If you took grant, it may be a lil more difficult if you meet strict officers.
Got it! Thanks a lot babe!!❤️ Shall go try!

ping.M

I'm also a 29 oct BTB.. So thankful to find this group n seeing how slow I am for my preparation I only booked the venue

jolly11

I'm also a 29 oct BTB.. So thankful to find this group n seeing how slow I am for my preparation I only booked the venue
Welcome welcome! Dn worry! I need to rush a little cox our house is coming too. So I have quite a bit to manage this whole year.

octobride

Haha I think so too. Honestly me and htb din even check the 'auspicious' date according to zodiac or 8 characters. Wonder why 29th Oct so popular too!

I don't know mine is lucky or unlucky.
The auspicious date for us in 2016 is this 1 date only. Lol. Sooo no choice but to rush it. We only started planning early Jan 2016!