Novotel Clarke Quay

jiahui

Hi Hui
Thanks for providing the info.
Which means we can play the video with DVD player provided by NCQ. Then bringing laptop is optional.
But must ask one of our helpers to play the video right?

Hi gals
May I know anyone had tried
Wok Fried prawns with celery and Cashew Nuts or
Wok Fried prawns with dried chilli and Cashew Nuts?
I wonder which one is nicer and how the portion is like.
Coz I am considering to replace Poached live prawns to save the trouble of peeling.

cheekybee

Hi jiahui...if you are playing the montage with DVD player direct...do make sure the format is suitable...cos' when I tried my montage on several dvd players....some work and some don't! I was really worried mine won't play that night..hehe...so we standby a laptop just in case...also do arrange for someone to help out in playing the video...

About the prawns...i thought the same way as you too!! we wanted to save guests the trouble of peeling...so we chose prawns with celery and cashew nuts...quite pleased with it...cos' its not so heavy on the palate after eating all the chicken and fish...celery is crunchy too...yum...

jiahui

Hi Cheekybee
The VG i engaged most likely will use DVD format.
Anyway, i will standby a laptop just in case.

Since you descibe the prawns yummy, I will choose prawns with celery then.

gui99

Hi jiahui

yup yup.. you can try to test to see which one is better.. You need to station one helper nearby for him to play/stop all the videos before you march in.
happy.gif

cheekybee

Hehe jiahui..you can try it during food-tasting...if you dun like it can still change lor..
happy.gif
but i tink the celery one is quite a healthy dish...gongbao prawns oso nice but it may be spicy and some people dun take spiciness lor..

jiahui

Hi Cheekybee
I believe that not all guests able to take spicy food.
So prawns with celery is better choice.
Agree with you that this dish is more healthy.

jiahui

Happy Lunar New Year !
May the Year of Rat brings good luck to everyone !

(( YeaR 2008 ))
Bubble-bell 24-Feb-2008, Sun, Phoenix
yesfeb 29-Feb-2008, Fri, Phoenix
merribell 29-Mar-2008, Sat, Phoenix
bernice 30-Mar-2008, Sun, Phoenix
tevetoh 19-Apr-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Yvonne 3-May-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Bearyxmm 15-May-2008, Thu, Phoenix
Val 21-May-2008, Wed, Phoenix (about 30)
Ting 25-May-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Kelluvjer 30-May-2008, Fri, Phoenix
Sharon 31-May-2008, Sat, Phoenix
henyve 07-Jun-2008, Sat, Cinnamon (Abt 22)
Rac 07-Jun-2008, Sat, Phoenix (about 35)
Fantasy 15-Jun-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Lara 19-Jun 2008, Thur, Phoenix (about 30)
lingandyang 21-Jun-2008, Sat, Phoenix (30 tables)
Joyce 22-June-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Joy 28-Jun-2008, Sat, Phoenix
R&J 06-July-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Vividz 20-July-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Stef 27-July-2008, Sun, Phoenix
kc 6-Sep-2008, Sat, Phoenix
eden_dream 6-Sep-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
TomC 12-Sep-2008, Fri , Phoenix Ballroom
Flora 13-Sep-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Gina 20-Sep-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Dawson 21-Sep-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Ryan 22-Sep-2008, Mon, Cinnamon
Happiness&Bliss 27-Sep-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
Jelly Beanie 28-Sep-2008, Sun, Phoenix (35 Tables)
Jiahui 5-Oct-2008, Sun, Phoenix
ChunChun 10-Oct-2008, Fri, Phoenix
Michelle 18-Oct-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Miseep 31 Oct 08, Fri, Phoenix ballroom
Gina Wee 1-Nov-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Maltese_lover 1-Nov-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
youkie 2-Nov-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Alyssac 8-Nov-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
Funfun 11-Nov-2008, Tue, Phoenix
Blurgroom 16-Nov-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Ivy_sammc 22-Nov-2008, Sat, Phoenix
suzukai 30-Nov-2008, Sun, Cinnamon
adathong 5-Dec-2008, Fri, Cinnamon
earthsea 26-Dec-2008, Fri, Phoenix
Ann 27-Dec-2008, Sat, Phoenix

(( YeaR 2009 ))
XueLunBaby 03-Jan-2009, Sat, Phoenix (about 40 Tables)
Wendycp 21-Feb-2009, Sat, Cinnamon
Queen 25-Oct-2009, Sun, Phoenix
Cheekychick 12-Dec-2009, Sat, Cinnamon

adathong

Got my contract from Huiling, not yet check if correct or not as recently quite busy, by the way gals after verifying the contract, yo all mail it back to them or pass to them personally?

crayongal

hehs... happy lunar new year to you gals. heh.... its our last year to collect ang bao le.. (as in, for the 2008 brides ?) =P

May u all have a prosperous year ahead and all the best with planning and all! =)
gambatte!

cheekybee

Hey stef...first year of marriage may still have angpows...hehe i tink it depends on your dialect group...dunno why I still receive leh...and they all tell me the same reason about first year...haha...

queenly

haha this year when the relatives give me ang bao all say haven customary can still get when customary then its my turn to give....

tinggy

Any bride choosing the wedding card now? I called up T.dragon Card, nobody picks up. Are they still having CNY holiday?

cheekychick

Ting, i tot NCQ uses Jasvy?

Cheekybee/Queen, i've ROMed in 2005, still taking angbaos till now...hehe...And its true dat first year after customary no need to give...but most couples still give, esp to parents, parents-in-law & siblings i tink.

Hwee, i sent back the contract by mail...not sure if they've received it thou -_-"

Any brides here decide not to take up their wedding cards? Got any refund if we dun wish to take their cards ar? lol

cheekychick

Hmm...Ting, when i placed deposit with Huiling in mid Dec & asked to see the range of wedding cards, she gave me Jasvy's biz card & told me to approach Jason directly....

cheekybee

Ting..at my time last dec..only Jasvy was the designated card printer...

Cheeky_chick..hee..ya we took one year angpow after ROM...then we tot this year dun have angpow already...but some ppl still give...hee...well...we started giving out angpows too for parents, grandma and the children...quite siong ah! Haven't calculated how much we spent on these angpows...:p Probably close to 1K...

Happy Valentine's Day gals!

bernice

me too, was assigned to Jasvy.

just called up to arrange food tasting, jamie went for maternity leave liao. didn't know that. Signed up last yr mar, she wasn't pregnant that time.

huiling actually help me up.

crayongal

hmm... gals.. i also thot NCQ only deals with Jasvy. So, now we can choose from both Jasvy and Tdragon.. or ? hehe...
maybe those btbs who are gg to choose cards can let us know.

hmmm.. ya.. Jamie is on maternity and gg back to work sometime in May i think. I saw her in Jan and saw her pregnant.. so, was quite surprised. And then, I was kinda worried as to whether she'll be around during my banquet.. but she will be after maternity le.
when i spoke to her.. she says.. baby is due in March.. so, I guess she taking her leave now already.. to prepare.. hehs..

huiling shld be quite gd also..she's been there for awhile and helping Jamie mahs.. and Jamie says they work v.closely together and so, shld not have disruptions. dun worry gals.. =)

suzgal

Hi Gals,

I am finally into planning stage of my big day after announcing to our parents of marriage intention. Now sourcing for banquet venue. NCQ is one of the choice. Any gals able to share ur quote with me. It will be good to know what other issues to look out for. Thanks Thanks

tinggy

3 mth before your Big day, you need to choose your wedding card. I am supposed to go Tdragon. So i think maybe novotel has switch vendor already.

lara

hi ladies, my coordinator was supposed to b jaime, but she went on maternity without informing us and so far nobody has called us either.. am i supposed to call NCQ myself? my wedding is in jun

tinggy

yes. I just went to T.dragon. They confirmed that they just got the contract for novotel for wedding card.
I think if anybody will like to go down. Please call up for appointment and avoid gng down during lunch time. I think i go at a wrong time. Connie is not very friendly. But i dont blame her, as i had dragged her lunch time.

crayongal

hmmms.. Ting.. where is Tdragon ?
eh... can u also show us the samples of the wedding card u chose? hehe... i wonder if they're better den Jasvy. Dat time... i think Jasvy also had some good and bad comments la.. so it depends.. heh.. =)

which other hotels use Tdragon ? hmmm..

diva79

hi gals..me dec07 bride...very happy to see new "faces". from past reviews, i was told that t-dragon is better then jasvy. back then jasvy was our only choice and we had very little card choices.

i have finally received the photos from our photographer..ours crystal theme. so will upload them by this weekend if the server is not too slow.

overall, one thing to note is that novotel dun have red carpet. u should choose darker colors for your table cloth if you are going for the Phoenix ballroom. and that for those who are thinking of lunch reception, the hotel is undergoing some reno so would be slightly noisy during the day.

btw i am selling off some unused wedding items: http://diva79.wordpress.com/2007/12/30/wedding-items-for-sale/. can take a look if u gals are keen.

and for those who are doing reno: i have compiled a list of pointers for renovation: http://diva79.blogspot.com
happy.gif

diva79

R&J (rjwedding) >> for novotel, the actual number of confirmed tables are 5 days in advance.

For printing of cards they will give u the contact like 3-2 months before your wedding.

bernice

diva, what do you mean by why need to choose darker colors for table cloth? if i wanted to get red carpet... whr to source, any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

diva79

Bernice >> if u choose colors like gold etc for the table cloth, the ballroom will look too bare. and moreover the colors of the ballroom are mostly brownish, yellow. but this is perference thou.

i am not sure where to source for a red carpet thou..

jiahui

I dun really understand why NCQ never provide red carpet like other hotels do.
I tot it standard to have. It's like something miss out.
Won't they provide us, if we request? Or at least recommend a vendor
Even if we got our own red carpet vendor, will they allow us to let the contractor to place the carpet in their ballroom?

tinggy

haha. I only take 15 minutes to choose the cards, provide the details. As I was tired and the coordinator was rushing for lunch. I didnt ask for sample.
Actually, i drop hui ling an email about the card last week. Then she just replied me with the information of T.dragon. If your big day is in May, i think you can drop Hui Ling an email.

crayongal

hey Ting.... so u chose the cards oredi ?
heh... are the designs nice ? btw, do u gals noe if Tdragon does the personalised ang bao thing ? coz i think i heard dat Jasvy does dat... i was oredi tinkg to do it when we go get cards from Jasvy... but seems, now ncq chg their cards supplier. hehe..

eh... yeps.. gals, i also heard frm Jamie previously dat the confirmed no. of tables can tell her later... few days before AD. but, before dat.. u got estimate.. can jus go collect the cards already... 2-3months before e AD. yeps.
Food tasting shld be abt 1-2mths before AD too ya? ... i guess see if ncq contacts u... heard they would email or call abt 3mths before your AD le. haha.. so, see how lors.

hey divasan,
so gd to see u here!! how is life after marriage. hehe.. thanks for still actively coming in to give us pointers and all. heh...
waiting to see yr pics. heard crystal theme is nice rite? hehe... i am still not decided on theme to use leh.

oya.. and previously there was a bride whose dad did up the deco really nicely. hmm.. hvnt heard frm her yet. hehe..is she still here?

diva79

stef (crayongal) >> hi hi..hee. i am more of a lurker now..life now after marriage still busy..with housework. :~ the server very slow, dats is why i kept delaying to put up the photos..but have to do it real soon.
happy.gif

diva79

jiahui (jiahui) >> i also the same as u..wonder y no red carpet walk in. but i am not sure if they allow u to use red carpet vendor in the ballroom. u should check with novotel..

rjwedding

thanks divasan.. should starting compiling my guest list now, so i will know roughly how many cards to print.. what other details we need to inform NCQ? they will call us right??

bernice

NCQ will provide 70% or 80% of ur confirmed attendance. then the insert will be charged(this quote need to ask T-dragon or Javsy. u need to ask them for the contact list.

jiahui

Thanks Divasan
I will check with them when the date drawing near.
The red carpet quite important to me as it symbolise the couple walking along the Aisle.
Without it, is like incomplete.

diva79

R&J (rjwedding) >> they will email u a checklist of what you need to do roughly 3mths before your wedding..no worries. if u KS like me u can email and ask them what u need.
happy.gif

the things like theme, table cloth selection, the wedding tokens selection is done rogughly 2 wks before your wedding.

rjwedding

oh!! tks divasan! then i will drop them a note in mar, cos also need schedule my food tasting.. best if can settle everything in one day..