Novotel Clarke Quay

tortoisezzz

yesfeb29

I tried the cream mango with pomelo in my friend wedding, nice nice so not to worry. Cos my friend chose the eternity package and we will so full already but decided to give the dessert a try and it taste just right after feeling full, :p

summer_ice

hi cheekychick,

the waitress de-boned the fish but there was no VIP serving for all tables.. only the 2 family tables have... so we had to literally scoop the fish onto our plates... fish was fresh and if she had de-boned it properly, i would have really enjoyed that dish very much!

im kinda glad they did not portion the food for us, coz when the girl portioned the noodles, there were some plates with a lot of noodles, and some with little... very inconsistent!

and the way the waitresses changed our plate was rather disappointing IMO coz she simply chuck the plate onto our serving plate (there is another plate to hold the white plate, not sure if you girls can get wad i mean.. hehe) and plate hit against plate made a lot of noise..

and im having my AD at park hotel orchard as 5 dec 2008 phoenix ballroom has already been taken up when i enquired with NCQ last october..
sad.gif

hi yesfeb29

~bliss~ engaged sophia...

as i mentioned in above reply to cheekychick, the tables were not given VIP serving, so your guests have to do the serving themselves...

and we had to change the soft drinks several times before we finally got a glass of normal standard lo... so imagine our frustration.. i really hope that they can do some proper training for all their waitresses...

yfeb29

Hi Tzzz,

Thanks for the assurance. I am happy to swap my dessert now. I choose the Destiny package as they were saying 8 dishes are good enough. However I would like to think the prawns w celery & cashew nuts is nice! Hee...

Hi Summer,

Thanks for the feedback. Sigh, despite the nice ambience we are getting from NCQ why do we have to compromise such sub-standard. Do you think it will help if I let Jamie know of all these? I have my beer as free flow, wonder will it be gas-less & diluted too...

tinggy

Recently, one of friend who just went for a wedding dinner at Novotel mentioned that the service was really bad. Her table of ppl only managed to drink a glass of soft drink throughout the wedding. The waiter and waitress were too busy and blur to refill the drinks. Although she mentioned the food was ok, the service was quite terrible and chaostic. I heard the wedding couple managed to get some discount after the dinner. I think none of us want to leave a bad impression to our guest after the dinner.
To all BTB, please rem to ask for at least 1 waitress to 2 table if possible and stress the coordinator. hope this will not happen to any one of us. Seems like novotel's service is getting worse with so many example.

adathong

Hi Summer ice,

ooo MY AD also on 5th dec waa lucky is not me who booked the Phoenix ballroom haha but the Cinnamon ballroom..

Hi Cheeky Chick,

Ya i book end of nov, contract not yet prepared by Jamie, they say will prepare only after the BOWS fair which is after this week at least 2 wks i think.

~bliss~

Hi everyone!!

I am back...! Haha... it was really tiring man... Glad that everything went smoothly...

Hi yesfeb29,

R u with yr hubby & parents at the lift lobby? I think my hubby did noticed you.. keke... i wasnt aware anyone there tho.. was so excited during the march-in. Hee...
My bridal is Sophia Wedding Collection. Yes, my decision to engage them was becos of their beautiful gowns... and love the skills of their photoshoots. Didnt regret at all! ;-)

Hi summer_ice,

Kinda disappointed to hear the feedback of the waitress at yr table.. other than that, my family and friends did gave some raves about the food.. food didnt turn out too cold..

Hope they do consider more experienced waitress and waiters asap. Hope you do enjoy the rest of the night... hehe...

Finally, i felt so relieved ... Hope every one of u 2008 brides out there enjoy the process during the big day! ;-)

yfeb29

Hi Bliss,

Congrats and welcome back! Happy for you that it's over. I wish tat day for me could come soon.

Yes i was at the lobby and sorry for 'staring' cos i think ur hubby look kinda fierce.. :p

i was actually admiring ur fluffy bluish gown and picturing myself in ur shoe for 2nd march in. Haha im already kinda anxious & nervous...

May i ask if the script for emcee can request from NCQ? Do u have guests taking vegetarian & muslim food tat day?

yfeb29

Hi Summer,

I heard from chef tat day dinner started around 8.50pm... with 9 dishes what time did the whole dinner roughly finish?

beargal

Hello Ladies,

I have just chance upon this Forum and would like to get more advice on wedding prep and on NCQ from the "sempai" and BTB of NCQ.

I am planning to have my wedding there.

Just to check, any one of you had or plan to have wedding luncheon instead of dinner banquet with NCQ?

Cause all popular date and venue are always taken. So am considering luncheon...

wendycp

Hi Bliss,

Congrat for your wedding dinner, finally is over hehe...

Hmmm there's no way to get corkage free so have to buy the wine from Novotel, where did you get your wine? from novotel? Huiling said they have change the wine, is from italy.

Any feedback on the wine?

crayongal

heyhey bliss,
congrats!! and thanks for sharing with us...
=) Have a blissful marriage ahead...

divasan,
wats yr webbie again eh? will u be posting yr painting's pics online ? heh.. i feel like getting one from u too... eh... ya.. haha.. =)

wendycp, i thought its still cornerstone.. so wat is the wine now? so.. erms.. for those of us who signed up earlier ? wat happens.. is the wine still at same charge.. anyone noes?

oya.. have got smthg to let u guys noe.. i realised dat the new prices for 09 are on the higher side oredi.. NCQ increased their price by quite abit.
also, i saw their new ala carte prices.. and it is also higher le.
jus to chk if anyone of u noe abt the chg of menu.. i understand the usual abalone mushroom with spinach dish used to be abit more ex . den the yam ring with veg.. we were intending to swop the dish.. but now, it seems it is the opp. the spinach dish is about $5 cheaper den the yam ring and veg.. meaning if we chg the dish, we hv to topup with the diff ya.. but since we signed up at the pricing of last year.. do u tink we are subj to the new prices? =)
heh..

bubblebell

Hi Yesfeb29,
I just noticed that our AD is so near to each other. kekeee...
I went for my food tasting 2 weeks ago. The food was great, but we found that the presentation of each dish except the cold dish, was all very plain and simple. I wonder if you share the same thoughts?
hmmm.... btw, I took their yam paste.
So how's your preparation coming along? we have a month away from our AD.. =)

cheekychick

Hi Stef, urs is 2008 rite? If urs is 2008, prices will remain like the ones u signed up for loh...the 2008 prices. U r rite, prices have increased substantially for 2009
sad.gif
Cheapest menu for 2009 weekend is $798. But i still signed up loh...wat to do...Btw, i tot yam ring is always more ex than the abalone mushroom with spinach? For u, cos urs is 2008, i dun tink u shld refer to the 2009 ala carte prices but the 2008 one
happy.gif
Btw, a stupid question to ask everyone...abalone mushroom is wat? Its still mushroom rite?? Wonder if their codfish is nice anot...seems like not alot of ppl change fish to codfish huh?

crayongal

hey cheeky chick...
ya... the table prices shld be as contracted which is the 2008 prices.. but , i am not sure for the ala carte prices.. how isit charged.. but i noe the brochures which i got when i signed up had cheaper pricing den the new ones i saw lors.. which i tink are for this and next year? so , i am not sure.
erm... the old prices , for abalone mushroom n spinach its $65 , and the yam ring and veg is $60. so yam ring is cheaper le.
the new prices.. spinach dish is $70 and the yam ring is $75.. i dunno how come the increase is more for yam ring - maybe more popular now.. but, ya.. so .. now if it is chg.. den $5 to top up. so i tink need to noe if we shld use the old prices since dat was the price we signed up for.

anyhows, ya.. i saw the 2009 prices.. went up quite substantially.. so , i guess its jus to reflect NCQ's increased demand. hhaha.. they are worth more than wat they're charging now i guess.. =)

ryanon123

(( YeaR 2008 ))
~bliss~ 03-Jan-2008, Thu, Phoenix
Raycia 26-Jan-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Bubble-bell 24-Feb-2008, Sun, Phoenix
yesfeb 29-Feb-2008, Fri, Phoenix
merribell 29-Mar-2008, Sat, Phoenix
bernice 30-Mar-2008, Sun, Phoenix
tevetoh 19-Apr-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Yvonne 3-May-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Bearyxmm 15-May-2008, Thu, Phoenix
Val 21-May-2008, Wed, Phoenix (about 30)
Ting 25-May-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Kelluvjer 30-May-2008, Fri, Phoenix
Sharon 31-May-2008, Sat, Phoenix
henyve 07-Jun-2008, Sat, Cinnamon (Abt 22)
Rac 07-Jun-2008, Sat, Phoenix (about 35)
Fantasy 15-Jun-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Lara 19-Jun 2008, Thur, Phoenix (about 30)
lingandyang 21-Jun-2008, Sat, Phoenix (30 tables)
Joyce 22-June-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Joy 28-Jun-2008, Sat, Phoenix
R&J 06-July-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Vividz 20-July-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Stef 27-July-2008, Sun, Phoenix
kc 6-Sep-2008, Sat, Phoenix
eden_dream 6-Sep-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
TomC 12-Sep-2008, Fri , Phoenix Ballroom
Flora 13-Sep-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Gina 20-Sep-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Dawson 21-Sep-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Ryan 22-Sep-2008, Mon, Cinnamon
Happiness&Bliss 27-Sep-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
Jelly Beanie 28-Sep-2008, Sun, Phoenix (35 Tables)
Jiahui 5-Oct-2008, Sun, Phoenix
ChunChun 10-Oct-2008, Fri, Phoenix
Michelle 18-Oct-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Miseep 31 Oct 08, Fri, Phoenix ballroom
Gina Wee 1-Nov-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Maltese_lover 1-Nov-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
youkie 2-Nov-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Alyssac 8-Nov-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
Funfun 11-Nov-2008, Tue, Phoenix
Blurgroom 16-Nov-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Ivy_sammc 22-Nov-2008, Sat, Phoenix
suzukai 30-Nov-2008, Sun, Cinnamon
adathong 5-Dec-2008, Fri, Cinnamon
earthsea 26-Dec-2008, Fri, Phoenix
Ann 27-Dec-2008, Sat, Phoenix

(( YeaR 2009 ))
XueLunBaby 03-Jan-2009, Sat, Phoenix (about 40 Tables)
Queen 25-Oct-2009, Sun, Phoenix

~bliss~

Hi yesfeb29,

Oh.. no lah.. hubby was looking cos he thot if its our guests. haha..
Yah.. i was kinda anxious too..keke..
glad its over and the day realy passes fast, u gotta enjoy every moment of it! ;-)

I tink my dinner ended pretty fast.. before 11pm i guessed.. cos my PG & VG were rushing us to be fast cos we had about 38 tables. So we just rush it through... haha...

yfeb29

Hi Bliss,

Thanks for your reply at least that ease my mind now...keke

Hi BubbleBell,

Yes we can share more of our prep now since ours so near to each other.

The food was ok and I took the Destiny package. I had yam ring but decided to forgo yam paste because 2 yam dishes out of 8 might let non-yam eaters go hungry at the end of it.

I have not got my wedding band and JP for my solemnisation. So abit worried now. As for RSVP i have just begin to do so. So looks like i still got much to go.

What about you?

cheekybee

Hi Lara, you can opt for a mixed theme of crystal and roses. That's what I chose for my wedding! Really nice and romantic. =)

cheekybee

Hi Yesfeb, you made a good choice! The pomelo mango dessert is yummy. It is a very refreshing dessert to end the dinner when all your guests are so full. We liked it very much during food tasting but did not get it to eat it again during actual day. Haha...still thinking about it...:p

And you can request the emcee script from NCQ. But they give a very simple script. If you need something more detailed, try to compile your own script from a few samples.

=)

bubblebell

Hi Yesfeb29,
Good morning.
Yes, we can share our preparation together. =)
Oh, mine was the Desire package. I hadn't come up with the guest list yet, recently busy with montage and songs. Think I have to confirm the guest list soon.
Oh, you should get your wedding band and book your JP liao.
I have already done my solemnisation a year ago, had mine done outside too.

jiahui

Hi Bliss
Congrate and Welcome back!
Glad that everything went smoothly at NCQ.
May I know usually what time we need to check in hotel? Did you book a room for xiong dis and jie meis?

wendycp

Hi Stef,

The wine is Corte Viola, itallian wine.

Ytd went down to their roadshow, the table set up not bad but duno will it be the same during our AD hehe

summer_ice

Hi ~Bliss~

We enjoyed the whole night overall.. Had always looked forward to the dinner since I got the invitation card!
happy.gif
And seeing how pretty you were, really makes me wish I can fast forward to 5 Dec!!! :Þ

The food did not come out cold, at least not for our table.. Just the attitude and service level of the 2 waitresses that dampened our mood... Sorry to say that..
sad.gif

Actually wanted to feedback to you during the end part of the dinner, but my HTB say better not, coz later you will think that we did not enjoy the dinner...

So i just post in the forum, to let the rest of the BTBs be aware and to ensure such things do not repeat at their weddings!

wendycp

(( YeaR 2008 ))
~bliss~ 03-Jan-2008, Thu, Phoenix
Raycia 26-Jan-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Bubble-bell 24-Feb-2008, Sun, Phoenix
yesfeb 29-Feb-2008, Fri, Phoenix
merribell 29-Mar-2008, Sat, Phoenix
bernice 30-Mar-2008, Sun, Phoenix
tevetoh 19-Apr-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Yvonne 3-May-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Bearyxmm 15-May-2008, Thu, Phoenix
Val 21-May-2008, Wed, Phoenix (about 30)
Ting 25-May-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Kelluvjer 30-May-2008, Fri, Phoenix
Sharon 31-May-2008, Sat, Phoenix
henyve 07-Jun-2008, Sat, Cinnamon (Abt 22)
Rac 07-Jun-2008, Sat, Phoenix (about 35)
Fantasy 15-Jun-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Lara 19-Jun 2008, Thur, Phoenix (about 30)
lingandyang 21-Jun-2008, Sat, Phoenix (30 tables)
Joyce 22-June-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Joy 28-Jun-2008, Sat, Phoenix
R&J 06-July-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Vividz 20-July-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Stef 27-July-2008, Sun, Phoenix
kc 6-Sep-2008, Sat, Phoenix
eden_dream 6-Sep-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
TomC 12-Sep-2008, Fri , Phoenix Ballroom
Flora 13-Sep-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Gina 20-Sep-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Dawson 21-Sep-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Ryan 22-Sep-2008, Mon, Cinnamon
Happiness&Bliss 27-Sep-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
Jelly Beanie 28-Sep-2008, Sun, Phoenix (35 Tables)
Jiahui 5-Oct-2008, Sun, Phoenix
ChunChun 10-Oct-2008, Fri, Phoenix
Michelle 18-Oct-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Miseep 31 Oct 08, Fri, Phoenix ballroom
Gina Wee 1-Nov-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Maltese_lover 1-Nov-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
youkie 2-Nov-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Alyssac 8-Nov-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
Funfun 11-Nov-2008, Tue, Phoenix
Blurgroom 16-Nov-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Ivy_sammc 22-Nov-2008, Sat, Phoenix
suzukai 30-Nov-2008, Sun, Cinnamon
adathong 5-Dec-2008, Fri, Cinnamon
earthsea 26-Dec-2008, Fri, Phoenix
Ann 27-Dec-2008, Sat, Phoenix

(( YeaR 2009 ))
XueLunBaby 03-Jan-2009, Sat, Phoenix (about 40 Tables)
Wendycp 21-Feb-2009, Sat, Cinnamon
Queen 25-Oct-2009, Sun, Phoenix

fly05

Dear all,

I am also a NCQ BTB!

I just went to view the bridal suite on sat, was pretty disappointed with the suite. Maybe my expectation was too high as i see great compliments for the suite here. The suite is quite small, my hubby initially thought it was a room!

Personally, i find the bed a bit low...but as explain by the sales person, this is because NCQ was once New Otani, which is a japanese hotel, that explains the height of the bed.

But i still love the ballroom and the reception!! Mine is cinnamon room. The pheonix one is grand, but i feel it a little empty.

fly05

Hi Cheekybee,

Heard you mention you taken a mixed theme of crystal and floral, care to show us a picture of the set-up?

I went there 2 times, both times is floral.

How many tables did u had? Huiling told us could have a max of 26 tables. Just wondering will it be too cramp the 1st time i saw the room is 23 tables and on last sat is 24 tables

yfeb29

Hi bubble,

Oh so you did your own montage... i engaged fren's hubby to do it, photo & video. Having DIY can be very personalise & cost friendly as well but too bad i have no expertise on this neither my frens do.

Hi Cheeky,

Thanks for giving me the boost to change my dessert.. haa.. yes no doubt about it now. But dont mind if i ask all 1 qus, what's the diff btw (deep fried) & (roast) crispy chicken? They just seems the same to me...

Ya its sad to hear so much negative feedbacks and incidents lately. I guess when one hotel rise to popularity, they tend to overlook the essential factors that keep it going. I must say Service is still the most impt element.

Hi Bliss,

So you have not head for honeymoon yet?

Hi Summer,

Just curious to know, are you fren of Bliss or relative? Haha...

ryanon123

FLY,

The suite room is quite big lor, compares with others.

I went there on Sat and they have a crystal theme set up at the cinnamon room and it was 26 tables. It looks okay to me. I find it cosy too but maybe it's because the lightings are a little dim.

Jiahui,

The check in time is 2pm and check out time is 12pm. Try to squeeze another standard room from NCQ but they wouldn't budge. They will charge me $225++ if i want. Heard the rates flutuates like a stock market. Hee

fly05

Hi Ryan On,

Maybe my expectation was too high :p

Which sat did you went to? I went there last sat, 5th Jan, floral theme.

It will be great if 26 tables is not cramp, i can maximum to 26 tables if there is a need
happy.gif

cheekybee

Hi fly, I had 25+1 tables, so the ballroom was fully setup with 26 tables. It feels quite fairly spaced to me...I could still move around quite easily during photo-taking...hehe...but I would advise you to keep at least one table as reserve instead of filling your guest list to the max cos' on the actual day, anything can happen like guests bring extra guests or children...at least you have extra seats to accomodate lor..hehe..

Regarding the setup let me go and check whether my AD photographer took any nice pictures that I can show you!
happy.gif

cheekybee

Hey yesfeb...which chicken dish are you choosing? I took the garlic one last time...roast is like grilled in a oven while deep frying is done in the oil lor...Roast chicken should end up more tender I think...haha...me hungry liao...
happy.gif

ryanon123

hi FLY,

i was there on sat, 5th Jan too. I went to the cinnamom room and it was crystal set up. Probably around 4pm to 5pm. Amanda was quite tied up with a few couples.

wendycp

Hi FLY,

Im also taking cinnamon ballroom, same as you, my expectation quite high. Disappointment with the bridal suite, quite small. Have to get a helper room since they can't give us.

Hmm 25 or 26 tables can be cramp, I went down to see see, there's DND going on about less than 20 tables with dancefloor. One of the event management explained to us that they will have to remove one of the platform to accommodate for more tables. The screen will be at the left side, so the guests near the screen, cannot see clearly. He said 23 to 24 would be better. Huiling said she will arrange all the tables more to the right so all my guests get to see our photo montage.

The stage is really very small after they remove one platform, total there are 3 platform. I really don't know how our parents going to go up n yum sen. I will have to reduce tables.

I find it very stupid, what if I have 27 to 29 tables and still they can't give me Phoenix ballroom.

fly05

Hi Cheekybee,

Thanks in advance for the photos!

Hi Ryan On,

I went there around 2pm, Amanda attended to us also, but i rem it was the floral theme as i have seen that theme the 1st time i view it with Jamie.

Or it could be that they change after that, but i doubt so. Hmmmm... Amanda told you it is crystal theme? Or was it the Pheonix ballroom you went to? They did mention it is the couple own design for Pheonix ballroom that day.

Hi Wendycp,

You mean you have not seen the ballroom set-up for wedding banquet but only for the DnD? I think the dance floor took up alot of space bah...

But i do agree the stage is very small/cramped, i also thinking about how to accommodate so many ppl on stage to yum seng...haha...headache!!!

wendycp

Hi FLY,

Went down twice, yup saw it before the roadshow started, think is on wednesday. Huiling bring me around to see the bridal suite and cinnamon. There are 25 tables set up, 2 platform stage and 2 tables near the left side wall where the screen will come down from top. Don't think the guest who sit near the wall can see our photo montage. Told Huiling on the spot and she also said if you want bigger stage and your guests to see clearly. Will have to remove the table which is beside the stage and move all the tables more to the right. Im afraid the whole set up will be abit cramp so I guess reduce table is the best option.

fly05

Hi Wendycp,

I didn't know the platform stage can be expanded!! Blur me!! haha...

Well, you are right, the tables beside the stage would not be able to view the montage... But i was thinking of worse come to worse can't reduce the number of tables, just put those non so close relatives there....haha...mean right?

But by moving the tables more to the right, will it be 'unbalance'? I mean the overall view of the ballroom.

ryanon123

FLY,

it could be the phoenix grand ballroom, i couldn't be sure now
sad.gif

when i was at the cinnamon, i asked Amanda how many tables are placed, she told me 26. I look around and the space looks pretty okay to me. perhaps if you want to big the stage bigger than you would had a problem.

cheekybee

Hi gals...the stage is pretty small but during toasting we managed to squeeze in about 15 people. I remember I was standing quite near the steps of the stage..hehe...

About the tables beside the stage (those two very near the left and right corner), we put those not so close relatives or friends there lor...

fly05

Hi Ryan On,

You could really be mistaken. Hee....

Hi cheekybee,

The stage could squeeze in 15 people?! That is alot! Standing so near to the steps sounds so scary...wearing heels somemore...

cheekybee

Hi FLY...I was in front but not on the verge lah...still very safe...hee..cos' we were standing quite shoulder to shoulder to each other in two rows...=)

wendycp

Hi gals,

Hmm think not really that much to the right. 15 people?!! But I looked at the stage, really cannot imagine can squeeze so many peoples hehe

senzsenz

hi peepz,

Had my wedding held at novotel pheonix ballroom last sat 05 jan.. service by novotel was EXCELLENT.. of cos there were hiccups here and there.. it all turned out great.. No regrets! Esp the banquet manager Zul.. we gaf him super thumbs up.. v pro!

fly05

Hi Luwen,

Same here too. Please share with us some photos
happy.gif

I was there on 5 Jan to view the ballroom. The theme was your own right? Just curious, how much did you spend on the decorations?

senzsenz

Actually Novotel's deco was fine by me.. but my dad is in the floral industry so he n his fwens put another deco up for me foc.. have attached some fotos from my fwen's cam.. havent got from official PG yet.
well, downside was that the waitresses were quite cheena.. and that their service could be better.. but they did almost LIE on the floor to fan out the dry ice effect so kudos to them for the efforts in camouflaging.. haa..
Look for banquet mgr Zul.. very on the ball.. dunno he leaving soon or not.. but his service made us v satisfied with Novotel...
595940.jpg
595941.jpg