New look?

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Natash,

The chatroom is still on every Thursday night at 9.30 PM. The chatroom can still be accessed by clicking on the link Chat that is available on the navigation bar of every other pages in SingaporeBrides.com.

We are currently working to include the navigation into our forum as well.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

clueless2705

hi chin leng,

thanks... the password thingy works for my office PC but not from home... is there any way to activate this function at my home PC??

M

milo_milo searching

Hi Chin leng,

I have just signed up as a new member a few days ago, but till now I have not received any activation code...wondering y?

I had previously posted 2 messages under another thread using "searching" as my ID - my messages were shown on the thread initially but after a day, they 'disappeared'. How come? Is it because someone is already using 'searching' as her ID code?

E

esparto1

actually chin leng I'm still having the same problem even with my new password. There is an error show once I click post.

The error state that my username and password combination was invalid.

Tot u had already done the necessary changes. Pls help. Thanks

natash

Hi chinleng

Oh ya, I found the button cux the forum page didnt have the back button to nagivate so ekkekek ...Thanks for the info...

Good luck bro!!
Keep up the good job!!

Cheers
NAs

icechoco

hi chin leng,
I would like to give a suggestion. Is it possible if you can add a function such as a private message whereby the users here can send private messages to another person through their nick. I think it would be nice to have such a function
happy.gif

okeanosmao

hi lin,
now we hv this function for private message.use it before here.

hi chinleng,
most of the times whenever i try to go SB forum or post a message, its will always show not found even though i keep on accessing to SB. isit bcos of the server traffic problem?
n where can we find different emiticons? now i only know this -->
happy.gif
whereas previously SB do hv a page on different emiticons to click.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your queries. Been really busy... Ha! Ha! Excuses!
lame.gif

Hi Yan,

If you've already tried the suggestions I've made in my earlier postings, it is quite difficult for me to provide any suggestion further as I would not know the settings of your home PC. The cookie could have been blocked by your personal firewall software if you've installed one.

If that's the case, you may like to choose SingaporeBrides.com as a trusted URL.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Milo_Milo searching,

I'm sorry that you've not received your activation e-mail yet. Please send an e-mail at [email protected] including your registered username and I'll resend the activation e-mail to you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Esparto1,

I hope everything is working fine now. Please let me know if you still encounter any difficulty in logging into your account. Thanks.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Lin,

As posted by okeanosmao, private message function has been included in this version of the forum. You'll just need to click on the username of the registered user and you'll be brought to a screen whereby private message can be sent to the user. However, private messages can be sent to the registered user only if the user has enabled private messaging function.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Okeanosmao,

I'm not aware of the problem you've reported. It shouldn't be due to server traffic problem as we've actually also upgraded the server and it should cater to the current traffic load.

Please let me know if you access SingaporeBrides.com thru the url of www.singaporebrides.com or www.singaporebrides.com.sg.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

jenjen

chin leng, how do i know if someone sent me private msg? how to check? and how to enable private msging function?

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jenjen,

You can enable private messaging (PM) by editing your profile. The PM function is under your preferences. I've checked your profile and it has already been enabled. The PM will be sent to your e-mail account at the address that you've registered in your account.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Okeanosmao,

May I know which ISP and the service plan that you are using when accessing SingaporeBrides.com?

Sorry, forgot to give you the link to the emoticons. It is available here. Bookmark the link and you'll be able to access it any time. We'll be customising the navigation bar of the forum to include the emoticons in the near future.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

okeanosmao

hi chinleng,

my office is currently using singnet as ISP. as for service plan is unlimited (think so, nt so sure abt it), am using lan network.

thanks for yr emoticons.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Okeanosmao,

Thank you for your information. If you are using a LAN network, it is very likely that you are also having a broadband connection. If that's the case, it would not be due to your connection. I suspect that it may be due to your company's firewall configuration. You may like to check with your IT department, if possible.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Chemson,

Thanks for the feedback.

We would be including the homepage link in the navigation bar soon. As the forum is a new upgrade, we would need time to make the necessary modification.

As a temporary measure, you may like to add www.singaporebrides.com into your "Favourites" folder of your browser. This way, you'll be able to go back to the homepage with two clicks of the mouse.
happy.gif

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

cherubies

Hi Chin Leng,
just back from my hm.
love the new forum page (tho i got a bit lost initially).

my old email address is not in use anymore. hence i did not receive any re-activation e-mail. How do I change the email address? Do i send you a mail from my new email account? thot of posting, but realised i'm indicated as new member and only one posting. =P

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Cherubies,

Welcome back!

Send me an e-mail of your new e-mail address at [email protected]. I'll update your profile for you.
happy.gif

I've also help to correct the total number of posts you've made in the forum. The next posting you make will have the correct number of posts.
biggrin.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

okeanosmao

hi chinleng,

a question to ponder..
if u say mayb its bcos of our office firewall configuration then y previously b4 SB changes, i can still surfly smoothly w/o any 'this page not displayed' msg keep popping up.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Okeanosmao,

You've raised a good question.
happy.gif

Your office firewall could have worked well with our previous server and/or forum. Even though your office firewall configuration may not have changed but our current server and forum have both been upgraded.

I would like to help more. I've sent an e-mail to you. Please check. Thanks.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chicory

Hi Chin Leng,

I saw this thread "Bridal Veil or Divine", but when i clicked on it, it showed Paris Bridal Boutique's content instead. Is it my computer? Or the engine? Please advise me. Thank You.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Chicory,

The "Bridal Veil or Divine" thread had been removed as there are other similar topics in the forum.

You must have clicked on the link after we had just removed it. We would perform maintenance work by removing inactive, redundant or duplicated threads from time to time.

So don't worry, it was not due to your computer or the engine.
biggrin.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

S

shook_g

Hi Chin Leng

I juz registered as a member. I loggined in using my username (Shook) n password. However when I post a message, there is an error message saying

The name you entered too closely resembles the username or full name of a registered user or moderator on this board. As an unregistered user, you must either obtain an account of your own, or otherwise enter a different name.

Kindly help.......

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Shook,

We apologise for the inconvenience that you've encountered.

Please try again with your username and password. If you still have difficulty logging into your account, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ist,

It is actually very easy to register an account for the forum. Just click on the "Register" link provided on the top of the forum page. Just fill in the necessary details and your account will be set-up in no time. The registering for an account in the forum is free.
happy.gif

Please feel free to e-mail me if you require any assistance in setting up your account.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

If you require any help in registering for an account in the forum, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]. You can also leave a message for me in this topic here as it does not require you to have an account to post.

Depending on your e-mail server, normally, after an account has been registered, the activation e-mail should reach your account within 5 minutes.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

junee

hi chin leng,

i m trying to reply to some postings but it always show this message below.

Error
Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page.

i hv nt registered for an account in the forum but i've posted several times as a guest. why am i unable to do it now? please advise

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Junee,

We've announced last Tuesday that a registered account will be required before posting in the forum from 1st September (yesterday) onwards. Only in the threads of "How to improve SingaporeBrides.com?" and "Matters of the heart" will registered account be not required.

The main reason is to prevent different users from using the same nicks unknowingly which would lead to identity confusion. For more info, you can also refer to the posting on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 12:13 pm.

It is acutally very easy to register for an account. Just click on the "Register" link available on the top of the navigation bar and fill in the necessary information. After that, an activation e-mail will be sent to you to turn "on" your account. Once that is done, you can start posting immediately.
happy.gif

If you need any help in registering for an account, please feel free to e-mail me.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

W

wj

Hi chin leng,

i noticed that some parts of the forum are open to public but some can only be replied by registered members. why the difference?

piper

hi chin ling,

dunno if this has been brought up before...can we have a "one-click" access to some frequently used emoticons...like those we use in msn..is it possible?

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Wj,

Currently, the 3 topics that does not require a registered account before posting messages are:

1. How to improve SingaporeBrides.com?
2. Advice by the experts
3. Matters of the heart

For #1, this topic also acts as a technical support area for usage in the forum. If a new user has problem registering an account, the new user will thus be able to seek technical support by posting a message without requiring an account first.

For #2, to make it easier for users to seek advice from our panel of advisors, we've also made it such that posting of messages by guests are allowed. Users who post queries in #2, may not be regular participants in other topics and thus we've made it more flexible.

For #3, as some of the postings can be sensitive, we understand that sometimes the users would like to remain private and non-identifiable, we've thus made the participation non-restricted. We would rather a user be allowed to seek advice and/or help immediately when feeling troubled emotionally than go through the process of registering an account and waiting for the activation e-mail to be received.

The reason for requiring a registered account to post messages in other topics, where 90% of the total postings are made, is to avoid identity confusion or conflict. This would prevent the same nick from being adopted by different users unknowingly. As time goes by, this problem would only become more pronounced if registration is not introduced.

By introducing registration selectively, we hope to improve the user experience when surfing the forum.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Piper,

As we do not have the same emoticons used in MSN, it would not be possible for us to introduce a "one-click" access to the MSN emoticons. However, we'll be introducing a link to the emoticons we have in the forum.
happy.gif

For the time-being, you can access the emoticons here.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Just like to inform everyone that the "Home" link is now provided in the drop-down navigation menu above. The "Emoticons" link is now provided at the bottom navigation bar of every forum page.
proud.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

We've received two e-mails from registered users having problem logging into their account today. We would like to know if anyone is having the same problem. You can either post your message here or e-mail me at [email protected]. You don't have to be logged into your account to post a message here.

If you are having problems logging into your account, you can reset your access and password by clicking here.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

We've diagnosed the bug and has fixed it already. Thanks to those who has written in to help us identify the bug!
biggrin.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jul,

Thanks to your feedback that we discover the bug and managed to fix it!
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.