Need to show proof for separation before filing for divorce?

misstiny

Anyone here has encounter such issues before? Pls help!

Im having problems with my spouse. We are already living separately but he refuse to sign the annulment papers (we married for less than 3 yrs). Understand that with 4 years of separation, I can file for divorce without consent but do I have to file for deed of separation waiting for the 4 years or I can just wait for the 4 years without needing any prove?

you can just wait for 4 years. However, you need to prove that both of you are separated. The lawyer would ask you all these things. (e.g. where do you and your husband stays?)

misstiny

you can just wait for 4 years. However, you need to prove that both of you are separated. The lawyer would ask you all these things. (e.g. where do you and your husband stays?)

Thank verysadguy.
We all along have be staying in separately as we have not get the house yet. The address in our IC can prove it. Does this count? So not necessary need to file for deed of separation right? Bcos I know he wont sign. He demanding things from me but cant be bothered to hire a lawyer to contest. *sigh.

Yes. It counts. no need to file for deed of separation but you need to file for divorce after the 4th year and the divorce agreement has to sign by both you and him.