Need help !

yinsy

My bf is singaporean. I am from Malaysia. 8 hours if take bus,and drive probably 6 hours plus.
My parents want me to so called "get out" 出门 from my hometown, and his parents want me to stay hotel and go to his house from there on the actual day.
Anybody can share with me how's your actual day and the ceremony?
Gate crash for both side ?
Headache

bearine

Where is your banquet/ROM or any ceremony? If it is in Singapore, it doesnt make sense to travel so far, esp if you have a wedding date and time from a geomancer.
Let say ur htb wake up at 5am, 6am drive in Msia. 1pm then reached. Pick u, then go to his side to serve tea, 8pm. Time doesnt permit.
For your parents to make such a request, I think they want the ceremony to be held there. You can always hold 2. But have to nego which one comes first. I had 2 weddings (diff country). 1 mth apart.

Gate crash is only for female side, whereby the guy need to "show" how much he want to be with you. Not everyone does it, not all seniors are okay with it.
You can always go a gatecrash at the hotel suite/room. Just be mindful of the other room guests.

yinsy

No lah. They will be there one day early to attend my side of wedding dinner then follow by next day gatecrash session. Then take a plane back to singapore. Thought this is best for both side, who knows guy side now make hell lot of noise esp his mother !

bearine

Hmmm. Tot usually is gatecrash than wedding dinner. Cos pple will show the montage during banquet.

Anyway, rather than looking it from the angle that his mother is being "unreasonable". I feel that his mother is not wrong either, after all you are marrying into his family, your kids will take after his family surname.
I'm sure if you held wedding in sg then msia, his mum would not say anything. So, it is not the "best" for both side.
His mum's side, you have to let him handle his mum. If you gonna have the ROM in SG, perhaps can explain that it is the one is SG is more official & important. It will sound better/more comforting to his mum.

Just keep in mind that you can NEVER please everyone. Decide what you think is best, and dun regret. Never harp on this again after wedding.
For me, it will please those who will I face more often in future. Lesser headache for me in future. :oops:

yinsy

So sad. I can't please everybody. I will show the montage during my banquet in singapore. My ROM and banquet will held on the next day which is Sunday (which is one day next to the actual). Banquet got no issue, the main issue is still the actual tea ceremony session. They are kpkb on the timing now. Haix. It is impossible to back to singapore at 12pm after the gate crash.

bearine

Actually hor, tea ceremony is the guy side first one. The female side is when married liao then go back as a MRS (三朝回门) to serve tea.
Only modern couple and parents want to save the trouble then close an eye. Go psycho your htb to convince his side. :oops: