My Dream Wedding

rachelglee

oh do any of you MDW brides know how soon they will call you to arrange the "interview" session after you sign up with them? cos the lady who attended to me at the shop just told me that she'll call me to arrange the meeting but never say when..

kenx

they will call based on the date of the wedding. for eg, i signed with them in early 2010 but my wedding is sep 2011. they only called me last month (sep 2010) to arrange for photoshoot.

kenx

Hey.. does MDW allows you to take photo during gown selection for both PS and AD? Diff BS have diff practice..

minilove

Help needed here for advice on MUA for MDW.
I just had my ps... Very disappointed! MUA was assigned to me instead of me getting to choose it. I informed my MUA that I wanted something light, natural & refreshing... End up my eye makeup looks terrible. Its too thick & dark.Too much eyeliner.. Reminds me of my bad makeup experience during my ROM.
My hairdo is also not ideal. I've choosen the hairdo as per the book given to me to choose.. but the end result is way too diff from the expected look... I feel the makeup & hairdo made me look older... SAD!!!! Can someone pls share ur MUA experience with me?

ellentg

Just sharing my experience...

during my PS, i told my MUA that i wanted something light and natural, no heavy make-up, please.

Then my MUA just laughed and said, "yea 99% of the brides tell me this, but the fact is through the camera's lens, 80% of the make-up will be gone, trust me", and she went on to do my make-up.

Actually, if you see me in person during PS, the make-up was super heavy... But true to what my MUA said, when the photos are out, the effect actually looks natural and nice.

so... dun worry too much la yea? it may not be as bad as what you think
happy.gif

joskyhuang

yes I totally agree w ellen!
moreover the make up have to 'stay on' for such long duration, even with MUA around to touch up, it still need to be done heavier in order ur the face to still appear "w colours" under the sun & camera flash.

as for hairdo, could also be due to our own hair texture, length etc so may not always appear exactly 100% same as book bah.

dun worry, u haf choosen MDW so trust their professionalism + skill. Never know eventually u may love the photos so much! =)

minilove

was afraid if i didnt share with them my concern earlier... things will get out of hand.
ive seen the raw photo after the photoshoot. didnt like it. I didnt bring up to the MUA immediayely after the makeover is bcos i wana to see the effect on photos. perhaps after they had edited. it will be better. but who knows.
But if my hair doesnt suit the hairdo. it shld be brought up to my attn.

ellentg

it's hard for them also... i heard from some MUAs before that sometimes some brides bring samples of hairdos etc for them to follow, but the brides got angry when they were advised that it's not suitable for them etc etc... end up still insist their way. so some MUAs rather not say anything and just follow.

Of course, you can say that they should not assume this part and should have asked you etc... anyway, since ps is already over, see how they can make the best out of the photos? what is the part that you dislike?

joskyhuang

cartier, have hope ok, as u said is raw photo tat u seen only.
dun get anger (i know it's hard)... it's ur big day eventually.
'quan dao qiao tou zhi ran zhi" I believe things will turn out well de. =)

jiayou & dun lose hope.

girl4129

Charmaine is my make up artise. she`s good.
btw, anyone know how much they charge for addidiontal photos? they told me $68per additional photos.. and i planning to top up like 30 pics more.

onlyblue

Good to hear tat! Thanks!

Girl girl, they told me $80 per photo. But if top up alot can get discount. If u juz wan to get soft copy, it's $50 per pose.

gelobeano

Hi everyone, my fiance and I have just returned from our hk photoshoot and I must say that we received VIP treatment there. Our photographer and make-up artist were very professional and made sure we look our best during the photoshoot. For those who are still hesitant about MDW, not to worry ya? The staff are really nice and patient.

Ellen> Agree with you on the make-up. I find it too thick too. After hearing from you, I feel comforted. We are looking forward to our photo selection.

Hope this piece of info is useful for you guys!
happy.gif

xinzderella

gelobeano, may i know how is your package like? Im keen on My Dream Wedding for HKG/Macau and will be going to BOWS...wanna know how much is the package like?

Thanks

rachelglee

girl girl>> did you choose Charmaine as your make up artist? or did they assign? can we choose who we want our make up artist to be?anyway, they also told me $80 per additional pose and $50 for just the additional soft copy..the rate they quoted you is better!

gelobeano

irene and yixin> we paid $4,488 for the basic package which consists of 30 photos with a crystal cover album. for the pre-wedding shoot, we are provided with 3 gowns and 1 suit. Make-up and hairdo are all provided for. Hotel accom and air tix are not provided. As we were keen on shooting the HK night scene, we paid S$500 more for an additional location. I also paid for an additional evening gown.

For actual day, we are given 1 wedding gown, 1 evening gown and 1 suit. A trial make-up and actual day make-up+hairdo are provided for. Actual day photography and videography are not provided for.

chloe_qy

i'm a MDW bride, took my PS last month, had a really good experience during the PS, from mua to photographer, to assistant, to my coordinator, we feel that we are like VIP. hehe.

our PS photos turns out to be really nice, we love it! so satisfied with our PG, David.

my coordinator is Mimi, she is really nice and funny. high recommended! u all can look for her, and quote my name, Chloe. =)

chloe_qy

Cartier (minilove), sorry to hear that you had a bad experience for ur PS. so, have u feedback to your coordinator about it?

may i know who is ur MUA?

girl4129

>>rachel berry,

i don`t think can choose makeup artist. just happen Charmaine is my makeup artist and i think she`s good. they quote $80 is maybe if you buy a few extra photos.. i added 30 more pic for $68 each.. no sure worth it or not...

pinknoir

Hi Chloe, who's your MUA?
happy.gif
My PS is in Nov, just went for the interview a few days ago... my coordinator's service so far is pretty good too! can't wait for the ps!

minilove

I did feedback to my co-ordinator. But she kept saying maybe communication lor.. Then i think the MUA didnt understand when I told her abt eye makeup! Ive so much concern after the PS as I will be having a re-shoot as it was raining that day. Not so convenient for me to mention my MUA name. As I do not wish to tarnish her name. I will give her one more chance... if its still bad! I will definitely blown up this time ard... I choose the hairdo as per what they had given me to choose. Not from my own research.DISAPPOINTED!!!!!

jks

Hi gelobeano, I also took up a package with MDW..Just want to ask if your package includes 2 or 3 gowns? Is your package the standard package? Thanks =)

gelobeano

RX1852> Hi there, i don't think a small album is included..u can try asking them though..
happy.gif

toh swee ling> my package includes 3 gowns for photoshoot and 2 gowns for actual day..
happy.gif
yeap, tha's the standard package..

jks

Hi, does anyone know are we allowed to choose photographers for the HK photoshoot? I'll be going Hk this dec for the shoot, and my coordinator told me only 2 photographers are available on that day..but im not sure about their skills..

rx1852

hey chloe , what is yr package like ?dun mind to share cuz mine does nt have the small album included..kinda of sad
sad.gif
... do u pay add $ for it or its inclded in e package ??

bibao

Loving_JKS, u do not need to worry about the photographers in HK. they are all very good.

Unless you specify which photographer you want before you sign the package, if not i think not possible to choose photographer as they all might not all be free on you photoshoot day.

Mayb you can ask about the names of the two photographers and let me know if you are really worried. Den i can try to advise you.=)

Rest assured that HK side are all very good and professional. =)

bibao

My package also have the small album.

My package is the full cost $5688 and due to anniversary promotion last year in June period, i got $800 off. So my package cost $4888. Its the standard HK PS plus AD package.

chloe_qy

RX1852, the small album is included in my package, i didnt pay extra. i think it's quite standard leh. my package includes the crystal cover album & small album. maybe u can ask ur coordinator about it?
how much is ur package?

bibao

Wat photography u mean? Mine is the standard HK PS plus AD package. I think it's better that u go down and ask and get all the details u wan.

wintumnsky

Sorry, didn't state properly..,
Wad I meant is photographer on AD...
And may I know how many photos did they give u for overseas shoots?

bibao

No, does not include AD photography. For the photos, standard is 30 photos, if u wan more, u can try to request. I can't advise you to use my package to compare as mine was sign up and nego with one of the HK supervisor last year in June at a wedding fair. I suggest if u have not sign up, u can go down the BOWS wedding fair. Today is the last day. MDW is there.

wintumnsky

Yup, me signed le... Hopefully wouldn't regret cos their price is abit off my budget... So hopefully their quality n service is worth d price... =)

bibao

Wintumnsky,

U wont regret de la. their service is damn good esp in HK when u got for the shoot, and the quality of their photos is super good.