MUA to recommend

Jenn Hs

My bridal shop package includes the MUA. Don't know if they can just do makeup only? But my friend's makeup artist is very good from the bridal shop, so I signed up with the same bridal as her.

Hello.... I saw that you took autelier as your make up artist. What is the rough cost of the package you took? It seems like they are quoting 300 for a make up trial. Are they really good?

My package is $1500. From make up and hair change for church in morning, and 2 times change of make up and hairstyle for night.
I like the natural make up, not the wayang type, the bridal one is too strong for me, and the autelier one did a good job.
During the trial, I show her pic and make up style and she is able to do it.
Most important very friendly, so it's like having a good friend helping you.
She also help me with wearing my dress when she saw that I have difficultly wearing it. So the initiative is a big plus to me.
Of course I pay more money, but sometimes it's the peace of mind.

Hi glamour, my friend's makeup artist is Elaine under Louvre Bridal. Don't know whether they do makeup only?

Hi Jenn Hs

Is your friend's make up nice? What about her hairstyling? Your friend specially requested for Elaine as MUA? Does your friend do trial makeup with Louvre Bridal? :)

Clementine

Hi all BTB,
I know of someone who does pretty good evening reception make up. As she's just starting off, in order to build her customer base, she's offering good discount: $70 for make up only and $90 for make up and hair do. She's cosmoprof trained and certified MUA. Her contact: Kalai: 96642871.

wongpong

Letting go very urgently - Singapore's top rated make up artist! :)

I had booked my make up artist on 3 Dec 2016 Sat from 5-7am + lunch (2nd look)

for a very good promo price but due to change in time, need to release this very special and hard-to-get slot.

She is usually booked 1 year in advance.

Willing to let go at less than market rate.

Here is her link- Christine Chia MUA
https://www.facebook.com/christinechiamua/

Please PM me. Only one slot! :)

Love, fellow BTB:
Grace

Mtmt14

Has anyone engaged Esta (previously from Autelier Makeup) or had Amber or May from ZWedding as your MUA before? Any reviews would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Perlin88

Has anyone engaged Esta (previously from Autelier Makeup) or had Amber or May from ZWedding as your MUA before? Any reviews would be greatly appreciated!! :)

I have Amber as my MUA. She is good n fast!
I love the style she did for mine actual day

Mtmt14

Thanks Perlin88! Did you have to pay extra for the 3rd look? Or it's included in the ZWedding package?

tinkerella

Hi all! Did any of you do a trial make up on the day of your PW Shoot? If so can please PM me your MUA and the price for 1 make up and 1 hairstyle?
Thinking of killing two birds w one stone here.. To use the trial make up for my PW shoot and see if i like it enough to engage the MUA for AD.

Any inputs would be much appreciated :)

Klam

Hi all! Did any of you do a trial make up on the day of your PW Shoot? If so can please PM me your MUA and the price for 1 make up and 1 hairstyle?
Thinking of killing two birds w one stone here.. To use the trial make up for my PW shoot and see if i like it enough to engage the MUA for AD.

Any inputs would be much appreciated :)

Hi tinkerella, I didn't do any trial for my PW shoot, but based it on reviews and her portfolio pics. I thought about killing two birds with one stone like u too, but realized that some MUAs don't allow the trial to be used for PW shoot. It also depends on what time your PW starts. I did mine in the morning (to catch the golden hour 8-10am) so the MUA have to come at 5am! it really depends on the MUA u engage and whether they have a specific time for trials (mine has at 6-9pm).

If your MUA is ok to do trials in the morning and the photoshoot is the half day kind in the afternoon, I think it might still be possible to do so :)

tinkerella

Hi tinkerella, I didn't do any trial for my PW shoot, but based it on reviews and her portfolio pics. I thought about killing two birds with one stone like u too, but realized that some MUAs don't allow the trial to be used for PW shoot. It also depends on what time your PW starts. I did mine in the morning (to catch the golden hour 8-10am) so the MUA have to come at 5am! it really depends on the MUA u engage and whether they have a specific time for trials (mine has at 6-9pm).

If your MUA is ok to do trials in the morning and the photoshoot is the half day kind in the afternoon, I think it might still be possible to do so :)

Hi Klam!
Thanks for the reply :)
Oh dear I didn't know some MUAs do not allow for trial to be used for PW.. Wonder why that is the case.. It's not like we don't pay for the trial! hahah..
How do you find your MUA?

I am also trying to do mine in the morning. My dream PW shoot location is the lalang field at Tuas but unfortunately it's not there anymore sigh. Replaced by massive containers! Where did you go for your PW?

Klam

Hi Klam!
Oh dear I didn't know some MUAs do not allow for trial to be used for PW.. Wonder why that is the case.. It's not like we don't pay for the trial! hahah..

I am also trying to do mine in the morning. My dream PW shoot location is the lalang field at Tuas but unfortunately it's not there anymore sigh. Replaced by massive containers! Where did you go for your PW?

Maybe some do trials in the evening cuz they may have other makeup jobs in the day like fashion shows, or simply cuz PW makeup price is higher than trial. Nonetheless, you'll have to check that your MUA can do a trial early in the morning for your PW shoot (likely to have early charge).

I actually work in Tuas and pass by the lalang field everyday! There's still a large piece of land with lalang along Tuas south Ave 5 but depending on whether your photographer can avoid seeing the buildings behind, I think it's still possible! If you have the time, I'd recommend that you do a recce and decide it for yourself. I did that before picking my PW venues.

I wanted exactly the sunrise/sunset lalang field also, but chose punggol over Tuas because my photographer was more familiar with that place. Sunset shots were quite nice so you might wana consider that if your MUA can't do trial early in the morning.

When's your AD?

Klam

Hi Klam!

I found my MUA online, looking are photos and reviews. My experience with her for the PW shoot was fantastic! Her name is Valda Goh.

tinkerella

Maybe some do trials in the evening cuz they may have other makeup jobs in the day like fashion shows, or simply cuz PW makeup price is higher than trial. Nonetheless, you'll have to check that your MUA can do a trial early in the morning for your PW shoot (likely to have early charge).

I actually work in Tuas and pass by the lalang field everyday! There's still a large piece of land with lalang along Tuas south Ave 5 but depending on whether your photographer can avoid seeing the buildings behind, I think it's still possible! If you have the time, I'd recommend that you do a recce and decide it for yourself. I did that before picking my PW venues.

I wanted exactly the sunrise/sunset lalang field also, but chose punggol over Tuas because my photographer was more familiar with that place. Sunset shots were quite nice so you might wana consider that if your MUA can't do trial early in the morning.

When's your AD?

OOH that's really great news! That gives me some hope hahah. Thank you for sharing and for the insightful tips :)

Could you share if you ala carte everything? From your gowns to your photog to your MUA?
I'm trying to not go down that route because $$$.. but at the same time I know I want to hire a particular photog for my PW and AD..

Mine is 10 Feb 18 - how about you?

Klam

OOH that's really great news! That gives me some hope hahah. Thank you for sharing and for the insightful tips :)

Could you share if you ala carte everything? From your gowns to your photog to your MUA?
I'm trying to not go down that route because $$$.. but at the same time I know I want to hire a particular photog for my PW and AD..

Mine is 10 Feb 18 - how about you?

Haha, I did everything (gowns, photo, VG, MUA) ala carte so that We can pick what We like... But I was conscious of cost as well, so the vendors I used are not overly priced and we prioritized on what we thought was important to us, and let go of some nice to haves.

Oh, next Feb! No worries, you've got time! Mine is on 01 Jul 2017, hot date cuz it's 1.7.17! :)

yiqii

I found my MUA online, looking are photos and reviews. My experience with her for the PW shoot was fantastic! Her name is Valda Goh.

Hi Klam, can you share Valda Goh's rates? I'm thinking of hiring for her my AD! thanks.