Melbourne anyone??

gracious

Hi,
I need to rent a service apartment this december where I'm able to have my own kitchen so that I can cook, don't wish to stay in a B&B cos my family will be going to melbourne as well. Therefore, I need a 3 bedroom service apartment.

Do anyone know of any apartments, either in the city/st kilda or caulfield?

Thanks.

pencilgirl

Hi Jas03,

Not too sure about the accomodation in the city area, because I studied in Melb.
happy.gif

Check out Holiday Inn and Welcome (in Chinatown). I think Melb hotels & motels are pretty good, so can even go for 3* if you dont mind.

You can stay in the Grampians. There are lots of caravan parks and motels there. Very nice!

sep03

hi gals,

me jus booked the qantas domestic tic (one way) from sydney to melbourne for $71 per pax....they will always have "red alerts"....watch out for them and book immediately via net....me booked for trip in May 2003. restrictions are no change in passenger names, flight date and time.

for good apt in melbourne go for quest on bourke or fairfax (4.5*)...get it "last minute" and u pay abt $130 per nite...

www.questapartments.com.au

check out the website for features but dun book there....go to www.needitnow.com / www.ratestogo.com

jas03

Hi Pencilgirl, Hi Sep03 - thanks!

Sep03, u mean sometimes at qantas webpage there will be red alerts? I noticed there is a flight almost every hr. Can we book at the airport instead.. wld it be cheaper?

Thanks for the link to quest apartments.

cody

Hi Jas, i'm still around!

Yah, qantas red alerts are on the qantas au website only. not availalbe at airport.

No no, must get your domestic flights booked in advance, so they get sold out quite quickly esp those morning and evening flights.

dun worry if you don't get the red alert promotional tickets. the normal price tickets are only abt $15 more expensive. dun panic .... red alert tickets are limited to eg 20 tickets per flight .... the rest of the normal price tickets are still available.

jas03

Oh i see.. thanks Cody! U are always around when i need some info.. so touched!
rofl.gif

Yeah i guess it doesnt really make a great difference then, $15.00... ok i will hv to pre-book the tickets then.

Any idea where is a better plce to stay - city centre, or south banks?

gracious

Hi Sep03,
saw the quest website, it's too expensive per nite.
I want something around $100 maximum as I'll be staying for 9 days.

anyone has any ideas for serviced apts that costs about $100 or less per nite?

cody

Jas & gracious, i think accomodation in St Kilda is alot cheaper.

Its relatively near town, & its well served by trams and buses.
Even if you were to park, the parking charges there are alot cheaper.

Sorry, i dun have any specific hotels / motels to recommend coz i stayed with relatives. But if u really must, Bayview in Melb city is quite affordable. 3* star hotel at abt A$130 per room per night. Located right smack in town.

Jas, you're welcome. Anytime!

sep03

hi gracious,

go try www.needitnow.com / www.ratestogo.com, there is a list of apt with varying prices...can click for info on the apt to find out location too...

for quest, gotta book last minute or have a friend book for u wif a local agent over there...dun ever book from the web....but it is definitely a very nice place to stay... ;-D

lee

May I know which company offers the best tour package for sydney and melbourne tour for around 10 days for next year?

bear318

hi cody,

my mailbox was full. cld u pls try again and send me the list? [email protected]

wld u recommend us to drive to great ocean rd? shld we stay overnite there? there's only me and my husband.

thanks! i m going end of this mth and i m so excited now!
happy.gif

jas03

Hi Cody! I am back from my Melb trip, and it was great!! I really think 8 days is not enuf.. we didnt even go to sydney!

I enjoyed the Grampians, Ballarat, the Great Ocean Road was spectacular - tho' way too chilly out there! Haha i enjoyed Phillip Island too!

Now so sad to be back...
sad.gif

cody

Glad u enjoyed yourself !!

Yah, great ocean road is cold coz of the wind. But the scenery more than compensated fighting the cold right ?

Wish i can go again too !!

jas03

Hi Cody! yeah you are rite man! It was well worth braving the cold! Every scenic drive, we went.. checked out almost all of them.. except the arch & gorge? we missed that cos camera batt flat.. we quickly drove to Port Campbell.. reloaded it, then continued.. did not turn back for that arch & gorge after that...

The grampians - the balcony.. the pinnacles - Wow!! It was so nice to trek to the various look out points oso.. imagine how thrilling it was to see wild koalas while we trek! hee hee!! Lucky the sun came out when we were at the grampians and ballarat!

Did not manage to go to Richmond.
sad.gif
spent too much time at the outskirts.. only checked out the city centre, st kilda.. south melb (but nothing.. south melb market was closed. so was queen victoria mkt when we wanted to go buy stuffs from there!)
sad.gif

Drove along tookah road.. alot of shops there huh! but din get to do much shopping, as we were rushing to wartirna south to visit some frens.

On the whole, it was fun. Will want to go back again... and again..
biggrin.gif

jas03

Hi Sep03 - sorry for delayed reply. Me was on leave yesterday, didnt get to log in.
sad.gif

No prob with Emirates - they are quite good! I will take Emirates again.. i read somewhere for economy class they are rated even higher than SQ. In one of the mags on the plane.

Foodwise good too.

Only that return flight we cldnt get exit seats, so it was rather cramp for hubby since he's quite tall.

Timing wise abit wierd.. reach melb 1am, reach back SIN 1am oso.. but we are fine with it.
happy.gif

jas03

Dun think so... duno if you can get single trip tickets from the website or not. Even if you can, prob the price will not be that cheap liao.

I go to the webbie to check later..
happy.gif

jas03

Hi Sep03, i got this from the priceline website. I guess this means cannot lor. Cant book to SYD then return trip back from MEL. Hope it helps...

One-way or multi-city travel

Currently, all tickets sold through Priceline must be for return travel between 2 cities. While your flights may be routed via a connecting city, you are not permitted to "stop over" or stay in that city.

bear318

hi cody,

i m back! thanks for ur advice. but we didn't try most of the amkan places u mention. but shopping at richmon is really gd!
happy.gif

hwey

Hi Cody

I'll be meeting up with a long time friend in Melbourne next year.

Could you send me a copy of things to do there as well?

cody

Hi sunbeam, S2, sky and Hwey,

Will be sending the info to you shortly. Pls check your email.

Hwey, what's your email account?

Cody

We have finally decided to go Melbourne for our honeymoon. Looked around and booked the cheapest air ticket ($485/pax)....

Anyone like to share their iternaries?

tigerlily

Hi oriki,

WAH! that's damn cheap!! where did you get it from? what airline? i'm intending to travel in Apr with some friends. is it a promotion?

I'm going there for 5 days.

Day 1: City
Day 2: Great Ocean Road - night in Apollo Bay
Day 3: Great Ocean Road - night in Port Campbell
Day 4: City
Day 5: City, pack & leave for home.

sacher

Hi all...how exciting. I'm planning for a trip in springtime too say between end aug to mid oct. I'm sooo greedy leh..want to go Mel and Syd..yet can only spare 12 days in all. 6 days each not enuf hor?

While in Mel, did anyone go to the Yarra Village or something. It's where all the wineries are. It sounded nice when i surfed the websites.

eva

Dear cody,
can u email me the itinerary also?
my email: [email protected]
Thks.

Oriki,

which airline did u get the tickets from? $485 is very cheap. And when are u going?

I intend to go in Apr for abt 10 days. Doing up the itinerary now with my Melbourne friend.
Would like to book tickets from SQ or Emirates. Anyone knows where can I get cheap tickets ?
Thanks

eva

orika,

Becos MAS have to transit at KL, so I'm not very keen. I am going over to visit a freind, she might lend us her car, so we should be driving on most days.

dear all,
I am looking out for Emirates or SQ. Appreciate if anyone can let me know if tehre's any promo going on.

tigerlily

Hi oriki,

oh.. no wonder. i really don't like MAS especially on long flights. their service sucks! i even had to give way to a flight attendant once while going to the bathroom. she actually gave me a "tsk" and a "can you get out of my way" face.

eva

Tigerlily,

I was on MAS to London a few yrs back. Ok, luckily dont have such encounter with the staff. Just dunt like the transit part.

But I find the service in China Airlines the worst so far, all the face black black one, never smile.
sad.gif

sep03

Hi all,

I'm also planning a trip to Aus...saw that misa offer $632 for emirates tics to syd/mel...SIA going for $900....

eva

sep03,

but the emirates one dunt have the dates i want. anyway i planning to go in apr, so still have time. when u going?