Mattress

snowbell42

anyone out here heard of tis brand "royal comfort"? the sales lady told me it's v popular. but so far i have asked quite a few of my frens.. none of them heard of it..

if any of u guys/gals heard of it, pls give me some feedback abt it thanks
happy.gif

cherrytan

there is a website that sells Maxcoil mattress at very low prices amongst other brands. Check it out at www.beds.sg It will definately save you money if you already have the brand and model of mattress in mind.

chole80

Recently bought a Severus mattress tht cost 2.2K from Mattress Atrium (3rd level) in Furniture Mall, Beach Rd. Heard that it used MAxcoil matterss and label it SERVERUS..it is true?

missblue18

ACKERMAN & SMITH

Please beware of this company and i strongly suggest u think twice before buying anything from them

My fiance and I went to the home decor fair at Expo in July where we put a deposit on charleston plush top and with that we were given a free bed frame in a promo package. The salesman said we can take our time to decide whether we want the charleston or glendale so it was written in our invoice that we can change to other models of simmons mattress at the promo package price.The salesman keeps saying that the deposit is to 'lock in' the price as simmons mattress increases in price all the time.

After trying glendale and charleston, we decided to change to glendale. The salesman tried to delay the process by telling us to visit the kaki bukit branch to choose a new model(Alington) but when we insisted on glendale, thats when the salesman tell us no bed frame is included for glendale and we have to top up $800 for the bed frame.

We are settling this matter with CASE (consumer association) seriously i would rather forfeit my deposit than to patronise this company. This salesperson lied to us and tried all ways to avoid our calls. This is definitely the most dishonest retailer i have ever encountered.

missblue18

lucky thing is that i only paid $100 deposit and sensing that something was wrong i refused to pay the 50% when they couldnt confirm price of glendale. The salesperson kept saying i'll get back to u on the price which was absurd to me coz we already have a aritten contract on the invoice...sigh..All we wanted was a good deal from Expo who's to know this will happen...now waiting for them to reply to CASE.

tientien

i had the same bad experience at ackerman too. the salesman kept persuading me to pay a deposit to "lock in" the price of the simmons mattress as he also told me that simmons's prices will be increased soon. i was still undecided and he further "pushed" me to place a deposit and even offer to give me a refund if i decided not to buy from them.

to shorten the story, i eventually did not buy from them becoz i found other mattress that suits my needs. when i called to get my deposit, that was the time when the true colours come out.

i had so much trouble getting hold of the said sales man and he broke his promises of calling me back all the time. i had no choice but to speak to another colleague who eventually helped me to get back the deposit. i will not go back to them ever again. i think it is better to buy mattresses from department stores or from the distributors themselves.

darkwing79

Hi people,

Was at the expo last saturday, 08/09/07. Was just looking around and setting my choice for mattress which I intend to buy later next year when my home will be ready. I was told by ackman that I could lock-in my purchase for 1 yr at $3311.++.

I was looking at the top model Beautyrest black series. I know its a good bed and all. But they are real pushy and bring bad mouth other brands.

My Fiancee and me are really uncomfortable with them. All people here do take note of them.

Real pushy. We have an uncomfortable time there the guy was mr lee. something like that.

All ladies here do be careful of ackman.

Lucky din make the purchase

stargazer0413

hi guys,
i have a brand new King-size Bedframe and mattress for sale. In fact, the mattress is still wrap in plastic cover and the warranty card enclose within. I bought them for a total of $2,600 and were delivered to me just a while ago. I am now putting it up for sale because i have sold my house even before i move in. If you are keen pls email me and i can send you some pictures or can arrange to view it. It come with 2 memory form pillow from Max Coil. You can choose to purchase the bedframe or mattress seperately. Selling at $999 for each item.

oceany

Hi, anyone heard about Dorma mattress? I tried one with Pillow top (Offer $2008) at Robinson, is quite comfortable. But none of my friends heard about this brand, so not sure whether would it worth for $ ..

raragal

Anyone heard of Royal Emerald King Size Mattress with memory foam?
Tried to look for info on the web but didnt managed to find anything leh...

Secured $2088 for it.
1x King Size Mattress with Memory foam
1x King Size bedsheet Protector
2x Max Coil pillows

Issit good and worth it??
Bought from a shop at Furniture Mall at Bras Basah..

tingshen

hi rach, thought you should share it before your purchase. What are you going to do if it's a bad deal? refund? impossible right?

raragal

TS> Hahah.. MMm.. yah... think abit rash also.. but it did seem a good buy..together with Sofa,coffeetable, Dining table and chairs... it was all in a bundle loh.. Mmm.. paid a deposit of $600 for everything.. if really no good..can still change loh..
happy.gif

But seems to be not bad la... but just wanna get some feedback....
Abit extra to do it now... but sometimes, we just need positive comments to assure we have a good deal.. hahhaa... but unless really jialat...else should be okay la.. keke.. :p

tingshen

oh, you only paid deposit ah. if you buy together with other stuff, it's hard to compare too. Maybe they overcharge you from other items and makes your mattress purchase seems a "better deal"? but maybe, they really give you a real good discounts for everything. You have to find somebody who bought exactly the same thing as you to compare. otherwise, it's almost impossible to judge....

raragal

TS> ehh..they did give me a price for everything... as in the price already there..can see.. but everything already lesser than display price...and final price still deduct some more...
happy.gif

cassie

hi anyone knows where to get a getha mattress these days? i've come across a website (sleeppost) but not sure if it gives the best price. thanks!

tingshen

different people have different experience. Some says hard one better, some says not so soft one will do. If you have to money, can try out natural rubber base or memory foam lor.

jumperspree

thanks TS

did some shopping just now. saw some mattress with 1 or 3 layers of latex foam.. not too sure cos its a big diff in pricing.. wondered if the foam will flatened after sometimes since it take the shape of our body.

tingshen

bear in mind that high density foam like latex or memory foam will trap the air and give you the "warm" feeling. Actually, you will be surprised that seahorse may give you the right results. They are cheap though. Do give it a try. that's another option for foam based mattress.

raragal

JumperSpree> think you can go for Memory Foam if you are worried abt flattening..
Check out United Royal Emerald.. its a memory foam pocketed Spring mattress from europe... we got ours from Furniture Mall at Bras Basah there... King size is $2088... Queen is slightly cheaper..
happy.gif

We bought at La Casa or soemthing like that..the 1st shop when u enter the building. look for Ivan..
happy.gif

TS> Memory foam wont be warm... latex will...

tingshen

Memory foam is very sensitive to heat, it needs to absorb the heat in order to react, thus, it will be warm for sure. Maybe the level of "warmth" could be subjective to individuals....If it doesn't get "heated" up by the body, it will be harder. I didn't say being a warm mattress is a bad thing. Some people needs that. I even see some jade base bed frames in Korea comes with a super warm base by plugging it to the power point. Well, FOAM base mattress is definately warmer than spring base mattress.

anyway, this is a good point for reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_foam

there is another affordable model from Slumberland called Sanctuary. It's being treated with stuff that emits negative ion and Far-Infra-Red ray. It's supposed to help in blood circulation etc, if you know how to "play" with it, you can see an some changes in size of your body parts compare to other body parts that's not in contact with the mattress. Try using 1 hand to touch it and the other hand for comparison after a few seconds. The Singapore model comes with double layer of Joma Wool that adds up the cost to almost $2K for a queensize. Give it a try. Joma Wool is a very comfortable pillow top, however, will be trapping heat too.

raragal

TS> Thanks to the link...very imformative... but the mattress I'm getting is not 100% pure memory foam... it has pocketed spring and it doesnt just leave print like the pure MF does... hence its not as hot as what u mentioned..
happy.gif

According to the salesman, he's using it at home..and it helps to reduce snoring and even when his wife use to wake up a few times at nite, they can now sleep comfortably without waking up through the nite... you may wanna find out more abt United Royal Emerald Memory Foam mattress..
happy.gif

tingshen

that's interesting. I shall find out more about United Royal Emerald then.

but for snoring....er...most probably it's due to the body condition, when somebody become fatter...he/she will tend to snore....

raragal

TS> no leh.. that salesman is small size one... hehhee.. u can go to Furniture Mall La Casa and take a look... tell me more yeah? I've placed deposit for it..
happy.gif
To be delivered in July... if its really bad... then i can still change to soemthing else.. but according to Ivan, I can dun take anything in the shop.. but the mattress is the one thing most valued for money...
happy.gif

tingshen

aiya, small size has nothing to do with FAT lar. I'm also not very big size and I dun look fat. But whenever I am gaining weight and exceeding 66kg.....my snoring will come.....that's why I have been trying hard to maintain my weight closer to 60kg......fruits lunch everyday
sad.gif
luckily I have a fruit party buddy most of the time hehe...

tingshen

aiya, small size has nothing to do with FAT lar. I'm also not very big size and I dun look fat. But whenever I am gaining weight and exceeding 66kg.....my snoring will come.....that's why I have been trying hard to maintain my weight closer to 60kg......fruits lunch everyday
sad.gif
luckily I have a fruit party buddy most of the time hehe...

aiya, if you have decided liao, dun change liao lar. You must be spending a lot of time and discover that. It's just that most of the time I found out SG companies like to add little thing here and there to jerk up the price. Take for example the Slumberland Sanctuary mattress. JB is selling around $1100 but SG is selling at $2K+, the difference is 2 layers of Joma wool, which is not really necessary. 1 layer is more than enough coz they put the other layer at the bottom so you can "flip" *faint*. I think it cost $200-300 for the Joma Wool, so look at how much additional they jerk up?

anyway, I will take a look at the mattress you recommend. We dun need it so soon lar, I'm still staying alone in the new house :D

raragal

TS> hahahaa... okok.. my FH snores as well. but he's less than 66kg leh! hahaa...

icic... but if u realise that its really good.. u can consider loh... not bad.. quite a good feel when u lie on it.. hehehe.. wanted to change to latex.. but was told latex warmer.. MF better..
happy.gif

raragal

TS> he said thru the nite, he snores lesser now.. it helped to reduce snoring. and to be able to sleep more comfortably.. since he's using it, i guess it shouldnt be that bad..and thats why more convincing to us also. hehe.. :p

tingshen

rach, actually I meant if your fiance tried sleeping there for like 2-3hr like that lar. but actually hoh, snoring could mean many things in the body. The best is to cure it rather than finding ways to avoid it. It took me quite a while to find that it's related to obesity.

zucchini

i recently bought a severus mattress from mattress atrium... after reading the feedback... feels that i kena con... the sales man claims that it is made in US... but guess eventually it's not... furthermore i am paying so much more than what others are paying... feels so silly...

now i start to doubt the 15 yrs warranty they offer... what if fews years down the road mattress atrium close shop already.. where do i claim for the warranty...

anyone bought the severus mattress??? any feedback???

wish4ver

seahorse actually nt bad. i have been sleeping mine for a few years and it's still firm.
happy.gif
but cos now moving to own flat so was wondering if it's worth investing in a good mattress?

tingshen

if seahorse is good to you, you may want to seriously consider if the additional "better" is worth the few thousands of overpriced tactic......I find that some brands are just being too much. they thought by pricing themselves sky high, and spare a bit on the marketing will make them a premium luxury brands......

does it make your mind feel "better" or it's really that good....

trinitycat

Hi..Anyone heard of Napure Mattress before? Saw it at the Home Fair at expo recently...they have a full latex queen size mattress that cost 1,399 after discount...the mattress is from germany but seems like not very popular in spore...

blooms

yeah..i visited the booth at expo, and apparently the lady there was so agressive, her eyes were stalking us everywhere we we decided to look ard first before buying from her..so scary..

blooms

oh ya by the way, anyone here heard of the brand jgnino, supposedly to be a brand from australia...is it good?

tingshen

OceanY, we tried quite a few mattress in Robinson Centerpoint yesterday and decided to pay $200 deposit for the Dorma Regent Memo - Flex Premier which is on promotion of $1500, it's a pocketed spring mattress with a latex pillow top. According to the salesman, it's a UK brand but KingKoil is the OEM. The other better model is the crystal something one, which is $500 more, with additional Joma wool plush top. It gives us about 5% additional comfort but @ 33.33% additional cost, it's definitely not a wise choice for us. We are going to ask around and see if there is anywhere could offer much cheaper price, we can still go back Robinson and request for a refund with credit back to the credit card :D but bare in mind that Robinson has to absorb the additional cost for 0% installments too. It's original price was $3500, with all the discounts from Robinson current promotion, it's supposed to be priced at $1890. The sales told us each brands will select 1 special model to promote to match the 150 years anniversary theme. He was trying to convince us to take the $2390 crystal something model :D

We tried Omazz, very very comfortable, but the price is way too expensive liaoz......it's not meant for financially poor couples like us. Something to share, when you tried all the hard mattress, then you suddenly change to a softer one, you will feel that it's more comfortable, and vice-versa. The thing is, what's the bottom line of comfort level? Do you really need to pay so much just to get the same or 5% additional comfort? Just my personal opinion, 100% latex or high density foam mattress is really a luxury. To most people, just the top layer is good enough.

bohbian, budget constraint, our bedframe is so much more expensive than the mattress itself lol....

yoshiko

Hi everyone

I am looking for a spare Queen-size indiv pocketed spring mattress with budget $800 to $900. Someone suggested Maxcoil (warehse sale $899 full set matt+bedframe). Is this brand good and which firmness should I choose. Don't want to feel the springs nor flip heavy matt all the time. Vshopper has a maxcoil Extra-firm Edition 9" going for $418. has anyone bought online?

tingshen

if you're using spring base, the only way to reduce shaking is to have a top layer of latex/high density foam. Wool won't help.

yoshiko

Hi TS, just found a shop in Hougang that advise to take Perfecta (md in M'sia) pocketed 9" pocketed spring mattress with 10yr warranty. Promotional price quoted was $399matt(orig $599)+$299fullbedframe. Total $698 no gst no delivery charges. Never heard of Perfecta before until now but was told it is sold in courts though I cannot find it in courts.