Marina Mandarin Singapore

aggcc

Mine was a hotel banquet. My wedding this year was $1,558 for Friday dinner, but my friend's package will be only $1,268 in 2017.

Only difference seems to be that the reception canapés was removed..hmm..still can't figure it out.
Hey babe, when is your wedding?

Me too! When i sign is $1558 for sunday dinner and now its $1388. So sad, no one would have known that price was higher.
The friday dinner at $888 is here http://www.meritushotels.com/d/mari...ekday_Chinese_Wedding_Dinner_Package_2017.pdf

They change friday to weekday.

Im so pissed loh, wonder can go CASE complain.

That is a weekday dinner, maybe that's why it is cheaper. Most venues will have a reduced price on weekday banquet. Also, the weekday dinner package is a 7-course package while weekend dinner is a 8-course package. This may explains the lower cost.

You want to check with your coordinator on whether the price can be reduced?

aggcc

Mine is a weekend dinner so the courses remain as 8 dishes but price dropped. The package difference, I feel, is extremely negligible.

That is a weekday dinner, maybe that's why it is cheaper. Most venues will have a reduced price on weekday banquet. Also, the weekday dinner package is a 7-course package while weekend dinner is a 8-course package. This may explains the lower cost.

You want to check with your coordinator on whether the price can be reduced?

starfishxbc

hi, cos i will be having my AD at marina mandarin, Vanda ballroom. Would like to clarify with those who have hold your wedding there. Is the place cramped for 260 people? Please advise. Thank you

mrscandy

I am a 2014 bride and I am new to this forum.

Recently I met up with Christine Chew from MM, Senior Sales Manager for a site inspection cum duscussion for my wedding.

My hubby and I was extremely impressed with Christine's level of service and professionalism. Her explanation of the hotel's strengths was impeccable and the Extra Complimentary Perks were offeerred as what we needed, much ways abvoe what we expected. She was all ears when we asked her questions after questions and all were answered well to our satisfaction.

We have since confirmed our wedding dinner with Christine and she is definitely the wedding coordinator we recommend to all potential wedding couples and no one else.

Keep up the good work, Christine! We are so blessed to have you as our wedding coordinator and we are very sure that our wedding will be carried out in perfection.....the very way that we want it to be......

Hello, can i get Christine's number? As i also want her as my wedding coordinator.

SWLE

Any feedback on the Vanda Ballroom for MM? Also on the service, food and etc... I am very interested to confirm with MM, hope to hear some good/conducive feedbacks!

Sobriquetz

Any feedback on the Vanda Ballroom for MM? Also on the service, food and etc... I am very interested to confirm with MM, hope to hear some good/conducive feedbacks!
I had my wedding lunch on 18 feb 2017 at Vanda Ballroom. The food was really good, many guests told us food taste great, portions were large. No complaints on the service too, very attentive staff. Banquet manager was also proactive.

I guess typically pple have issues with vanda ballroom because of the lower ceiling. I do think they need to upgrade abit of the lighting and sound system too, but it didnt affect my wedding.

I liked the cosy setting - and most importantly, food was good. I had gone for 2 other weddings at MM before, and food has always been good. I think that is the most impt, and is probably the only thing the guests rmbs!

Hope this helps!

walkwithme

I had my wedding lunch on 18 feb 2017 at Vanda Ballroom. The food was really good, many guests told us food taste great, portions were large. No complaints on the service too, very attentive staff. Banquet manager was also proactive.

I guess typically pple have issues with vanda ballroom because of the lower ceiling. I do think they need to upgrade abit of the lighting and sound system too, but it didnt affect my wedding.

I liked the cosy setting - and most importantly, food was good. I had gone for 2 other weddings at MM before, and food has always been good. I think that is the most impt, and is probably the only thing the guests rmbs!

Hope this helps!

Hi hi I'll be having my wedding at MM too! Could you share the dishes you selected?

Jerry#28

Recently held my wedding dinner banquet with one of the hotel in the mandarin chain. Sad to say, the overall experience with them was not too good. From then till now, still trying to resolve.

SWLE

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the kind feedback. U makes me feel much better on my decision. I have decided to sign with them too.
Do have concerns on the lightings as well. Appeared to be abit dim when I last saw! Maybe can feedback prior to the event. Can share what dishes you choose?

Last edited:

Tingzcrown

Thanks for the kind feedback. U makes me feel much better on my decision. I have decided to sign with them too.
Do have concerns on the lightings as well. Appeared to be abit dim when I last saw! Maybe can feedback prior to the event. Can share what dishes you choose?

I have the same concern too, and the ballroom sort of smells ? Thats why i didnt Sign with them :/ And i went to my friend's lunch, not impressed by food however, taste is subjective so it all depends:)

Sobriquetz

PM-ed you about the food.

On the lighting, it is either dim or bright. No in between. Abit limiting. But okay la, i think it worked out fine for me. I chose the wedding theme which had fairy lights for the aisle stands. So I feel that makes it abit brighter too.

Sherrain

Hi hi I'll be having my wedding at MM too! Could you share the dishes you selected?

Hope this helps!
Hi, are you able to PM me the food you have chosen at MM?

Chai Yan

Hope this helps!

hi Sobriquetz

Can you share the dishes and some photo at vanda ballroon n bridal suite?
Do you have ROM at their function room?

Thanks

Dolkapots

PM-ed you about the food.

On the lighting, it is either dim or bright. No in between. Abit limiting. But okay la, i think it worked out fine for me. I chose the wedding theme which had fairy lights for the aisle stands. So I feel that makes it abit brighter too.
mind sharing we too.. ur theme and food tasting menu..

felirocious

Hihi. Any comments or feedbacks on MM food and sound system?

How about the manager in charge of your banquet?

I might sign with them so I'm hoping to get some feedbacks. Thank you dears.

mysticwind

Hihi. Any comments or feedbacks on MM food and sound system?

How about the manager in charge of your banquet?

I might sign with them so I'm hoping to get some feedbacks. Thank you dears.

Hi, I recently attended a MM wedding dinner held at their main ballroom. I have photos of the main ballroom and of the showcases - don’t have photo of actual wedding at vanda.

Food wise - i will say it is normal, nothing fantastic, my Friend had the same sentiments (she felt that wedding dinner at Peony Jade restaurant that she had attended was nicer). But of cos taste is subjective. The main ballroom is very pretty though :)

felirocious

Hi, I recently attended a MM wedding dinner held at their main ballroom. I have photos of the main ballroom and of the showcases - don’t have photo of actual wedding at vanda.

Food wise - i will say it is normal, nothing fantastic, my Friend had the same sentiments (she felt that wedding dinner at Peony Jade restaurant that she had attended was nicer). But of cos taste is subjective. The main ballroom is very pretty though :)

Hihi. Thank you for sharing!
It's all right. I only need 20 tables thus I can't get the main ballroom.

Awwww~ I think it's not easy to find good food serving in hotel? ):

Cynnie97

Hi there.
Can someone share any recent feedback on Vamda Ballroom please ? I was in the understanding that they cant give me a day use helper room. :(

- sound system
- bridal room -any pics?
- food ?
- anything else i need to be concern about?

TIA

Sobriquetz

Hi there.
Can someone share any recent feedback on Vamda Ballroom please ? I was in the understanding that they cant give me a day use helper room. :(

- sound system
- bridal room -any pics?
- food ?
- anything else i need to be concern about?

TIA

My wedding was on 18 feb 2017. I had a half day helper room, until 2pm only. Sound system is okay since Vanda ballroom is rather small, and I am not very mindful of it. Bridal room is big and nice.

Food is really good! I think that was my main factor choosing MM.

The ceiling is abit low for vanda ballroom, if that is something you are concerned about. Husband is 178cm and it was okay when he stood on stage.

Stage is not very big. So just need to manage how many people are up on stage.

Lighting wise i do not know if they have upgraded already. It previously only had 2 settings, which i found either too bright or too dark. But it worked fine in the end, photos all turned out okay.

Hope this helps!

Cynnie97

My wedding was on 18 feb 2017. I had a half day helper room, until 2pm only. Sound system is okay since Vanda ballroom is rather small, and I am not very mindful of it. Bridal room is big and nice.

Food is really good! I think that was my main factor choosing MM.

The ceiling is abit low for vanda ballroom, if that is something you are concerned about. Husband is 178cm and it was okay when he stood on stage.

Stage is not very big. So just need to manage how many people are up on stage.

Lighting wise i do not know if they have upgraded already. It previously only had 2 settings, which i found either too bright or too dark. But it worked fine in the end, photos all turned out okay.

Hope this helps!
I see. Mine was for dinner and i didnt manage to nego for helper room. But of cos the sales manager threw in other perks.

I agree on low ceiling but i been to many hotels and apparently for small ballrooms (cos i only have max 20 tables), it is all low ceiling anyway. My fiance is 185cm, he wasnt comfortable with low ceiling but no choice. Lol.

Oh yes. I see the stage very small. Can u recall max weight or max nbr of ppl ?

Xinhui-04

I see. Mine was for dinner and i didnt manage to nego for helper room. But of cos the sales manager threw in other perks.

I agree on low ceiling but i been to many hotels and apparently for small ballrooms (cos i only have max 20 tables), it is all low ceiling anyway. My fiance is 185cm, he wasnt comfortable with low ceiling but no choice. Lol.

Hi @Cynnie97 ,

I am intending to look at MM for my wedding in 2019.
Would you be able to share what were the perks that the sales manager offered? Pls feel free to PM me at [email protected]!
Thanks!!

ivy88

Hope this helps!

Hi Sobriquetz, can share with me the dishes you selected? I will be having my dinner wedding at MM as well!!

Dapsong

Jacq Chia

Hope this helps!
Hi

Hope this helps!

Hi Sobriquetz, I’m looking at MM for weekday dinner in 2019. would you might sharing what are the perks and dishes you have? Also how much deposit you paid first , do they allow to pay the balance on actual day or after the event? Look forward for your advice.

ivy88

Hi ladies, anyone can advise on the dishes to choose for weekend wedding dinner at MM? And have they change their sound system, as I read some comments that their sound system not good.

Anyone can advise me? Thanks a lot!

sienmordaunt

Hi

Hi Sobriquetz, I’m looking at MM for weekday dinner in 2019. would you might sharing what are the perks and dishes you have? Also how much deposit you paid first , do they allow to pay the balance on actual day or after the event? Look forward for your advice.

Hi @Sobriquetz I'm considering MM for weekend lunch, interested to know the perks offered by the sales manager :). Could I trouble you to PM me at [email protected] ?

Estherlim89

Im looking at mm for sat dinner in 2019.
Anyone know if there is any good promotion now? Apart from the free flow beer and wines and 20 tables, free 1 tables. Anything else? ^^

Vanz12

HI! We're looking to have a lunch banquet at the grand ballroom. Can anyone send me pics of the grand ballroom during an actual wedding? And the perks that you guys have negotiated? Thanks!! [email protected]

Kryskel

Hi, I met up with a sales manager named Angeline.

Err... she's really cute but quite clumsy in her presentation of the package. She wanted to show me the Vanda Ballroom and Bridal Suite.
The Vanda Ballroom was occupied and unfortunately, did not get to see it.
I was hoping to see the bridal suite so she brought me up.
When we were at the suite, she introduced the room halfway and realised it was the wrong room. Was quite panicky and I assured her it was okay.
So we went back to the reception but she shared that the rooms are all taken up and she was not able to show it.

Perks wise, no helpers' room which ticks me off.
Her reasoning was because the suite was big enough to accommodate my entourage which I thought was....... weird.

anyone can share comments about Vanda Ballroom? I read reviews that the ceiling is very low and very cramped and sound system isn't good.