Marina Mandarin Singapore

S

sims

Anyone went to the bridal show at MM on 13-oct?
Did MM gives any free perks..such as free tables or beers etc?

wind2000

I have already confirm at MM on the 30th-Nov 2003. I will be going down to pay for the downpayment tomorrow.
smile.gif

MM gave me only free flow of beer. Is there any other perks I can ask for?

Thank you.

O

ohno

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">wind2000</FONT>

how many tables do u have? If u've more than 40 or 45 tables, they will give u more perks lor...

starfruit

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">wind2000</FONT>:
Who is ur coordinator?
I dun think there are much u can ask for cos MM's package is quite comprehensive. Great that u got the free beer cos i think its quite a killer if ur frens are beer drinkers.
I think the other extra that u can request for is more invites?
They will only give u an extra night at the bridal suite if u have more that 46 tables.

u can also exchange certain thinsg from ur package for other stuff. but i think 2003 package is quite different from our 2002 package. think they did some revision based on feedback from the 2002 couples. think ur package should be quite good already
happy.gif

wind2000

I did not ask more amymore and sign up the pakages with MM. However I noted one thing which is that there are no sash on the chair for all the seats except for the 2 VIP tables. I would like the sash to be on every chairs because I have seen MM without that and the ball room look very bland.

Daniel said it will cost me 2-2.5 per tables from June Florist which work out to be approximate $500. Anyone has any suggestion for that. Do I need it or is there any cheaper alternative.

Also I understand that the stage of MM is quite plain. What can I do to enhance it?

cowie

Hi wind2000,
Do you think it is really necessary for all the chairs to have sash?? Once your guests are seated, you will not notice that the ballroom looks bare at all......

You sure the stage design is plain? Personally, I thought it is classy and elegant this way.... if too many things won't it appear cluttered?
uhoh.gif
Anyway, must remember...the focus should be on you and your husband.....not other distractors
wink.gif

wind2000

Hi Cowie

Thanks for your reply. Actually I been down last weekend and saw (I think it is a silver theme and I think the full lighting is not on yet) at around 6pm, the room was quite dull and empty. All the chairs are without sashes. It is quite different compared to what I have seen in some pictures.

The stage seem to be very empty too. It could be due to the lights.

Maybe I should reallt take a look again when the wedding is about to start, it may be different.

cowie

Hi wind2000,
No problem
happy.gif
Oh, are you taking the silver theme too? Yup, do try to take a look when the proper lightings are on. Should be quite okay lah, not to worry
wink.gif

enya

hi wind2000

if u have 25 tables, are u using the ballroom on level 5, or the orion ballroom? i guess sash or no sash, i dun think anyone really bothers? i think with the chair covers are good enough for me!

what's more important is the good food and service MM is famous for! i'm also a MM bride .. !!! very excited too!

O

ohno

<FONT COLOR="119911">Cowie</FONT>

Can u recall what song did MM use for the 1st dish presentation? Did u get your own song for that or u just leave it to them?

cowie

Hi ohno,
I left it to them.....but seriously, both hubby and me have absolutely no recollection of the song used
crazy.gif
Guess we were just overwhelmed that nite to remember all these.
lol.gif
We only chose our 1st and 2nd march-in song.... Dun be too bothered about how the 1st dish presentation will be lah... You are then the star...your guest will not be paying too much attention to the 1st dish presentaion also lah
wink.gif

jenjen

cowie... wat songs u chose??

starfruit, can email me the wedding march pls??
happy.gif

did the gal we met chat in the forum??
happy.gif
she did ask me abt epsilon...

O

ohno

<FONT COLOR="119911">JenJen</FONT>

I've chosen 2 songs for my march-in but not sure if the file will be too big to email. If can, u sms me? I'll try to send by tonite or tomorrow morning.

wind2000

Hi Enya

Mine is at Les Oiseaux fifth floor. But I really have yet to finalised the guest list. I think I might jsut hit 30 tables. I heard Les Oiseaux is very pack after like 28 tables. Is that right.

JenJen
Can you also email the songs so that I have some ideas what kind of songs to choose for march in.

Thanks.

O

ohno

<FONT COLOR="119911">wind2000</FONT>

Yes, it's going to be very pack after 28 tables at Les Oiseaux.

enya

hi cowie

can u email me ur songs 2? my email is [email protected]

wind2000:
well, it's a little packed after 28 tables, so u must be v sure u will not exceed 28 tables! for me,i had around 30-35 tables, so my bf and i did not want to risk cramming all our guests into the small room, so we decided to go for the grand ballroom!
happy.gif

enya

cowie:

oops .. cos i saw from ur previous posting "what may be too big to email" .. anyway, what songs did u pick?

tulips

Hi gals

I am also a MM bride.....my wedding is in 2003.....i haven decide on the Theme yet.....maybe after all your weddings you gals can give some advise..

Mine is the ballroom at level 1, saw the Gold theme quite nice......

enya

alamak ..
cowie: paiseh .. that posting was meant for jenjen .. he hee hee!!

tulips: to let u know, MM will be adding more themes for us to choose? that's what i heard from irene? and stage decor might change alittle? dunno lar, actually, dun bother about that anymore. good service and food is the most impt to me! and my gown!! which bridal boutique u signing up with?
happy.gif

jenjen

wah biang... enya &amp; wind2000... I'm also looking for songs leh... so how to email u?? think u got the wrong idea from so many msgs?? :p

tulips

Hi enya

Good that they have more theme to choose from....actually their deco is so so only....

Have u all been to the bridal suite....heard from irene tat they are going to renovate...

Comments for MM service &amp; food is quite good....

So when is your wedding?

cowie

Hi enya,
My actual day photos were taken by Choon Huat. Find him really easy to work with and he is very good at capturing details at the wedding. Want to check him out under the thread for Fast Soup Photography?
wink.gif

enya

hi cowie:

did u have any videographer?

yes,they are upgrading MM hotel now. i din check out the suite,anyway onie staying one nite .. so dun bother ..hahahahaha i more interested in honeymoon!!

enya

heyo everyone

anyone booked daniel as the emcee? me booking me, after reading so many positive comments about him! we dun have frens who are daring enuf, either shy or stiff on stage!

jenjen

hi enya,

Starfruit, Ohno and I will be using Daniel... btw, dun mind I add you into the list??
happy.gif

<FONT FACE=""courier new""><FONT COLOR="0000ff"><U>Marina Mandarin Weddings</U>
1) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Sunny</FONT> ------------------ 23/09/2001 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over Actual Day Photos
2) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Bluebell</FONT> --------------- 26/05/2002 (Les Oiseaux) -----> Over Wedding Photos Actual Day
3) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Linda</FONT> ------------------ 10/06/2002 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over Wedding Photos
4) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Mo</FONT> --------------------- 07/07/2002 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over
5) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Cowie</FONT> ------------------ 15/09/2002 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over Wedding Photos
6) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Reebok</FONT> ----------------- 21/09/2002 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over
7) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Yvonne</FONT> ----------------- 24/09/2002 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over
8) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Jowie</FONT> ------------------ 03/11/2002 (Poolside) <-- This Sunday!!!
9) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Starfruit</FONT> -------------- 04/11/2002 (Grand Ballroom) <-- Next Monday!!!
10) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">JenJen</FONT> ---------------- 10/11/2002 (Grand Ballroom) <-- argh... my turn!!!
11) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Cher</FONT> ------------------ 30/11/2002 (Les Oiseaux)
12) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Luzon888(aka Ohno)</FONT> ---- 20/11/2002 (Les Oiseaux)
13) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Jasmine</FONT> --------------- 23/12/2002 (Les Oiseaux)
14) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Dap</FONT> ------------------- 16/01/2003 (Grand Ballroom)
15) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Kylie</FONT> ----------------- 01/06/2003 (Les Oiseaux)
16) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Beibei</FONT> ---------------- 07/06/2003 (Grand Ballroom)
17) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">enya</FONT> ------------------ 02/12/2003 (Grand Ballroom)
</FONT></FONT>

O

ohno

<FONT COLOR="119911">JenJen</FONT>

I'm not using daniel cos he's being booked by someone else...
sad.gif
. Really envy u gals who have booked daniel cos I've met him together with Starfruit before. U gals are in good hands... I'm getting my BIL to do the annoucement.

Btw, have u confirm any march-in songs yet. let me know if u need any.

jenjen

Eh... I thot u are using him?? or is it Jowie?? hmmm... paiseh... made the mistake...

I not yet choose leh... u confirmed leow??

enya

me using daniel!! yes yes any recommendations for march-in songs? and hey, anyone ever ROM at MM poolside b4? is it ex?

enya

aiyar, carpet okay lar. that nite so bz, who would have the time 2 look at the carpet? they would be bz eating or looking at u!
happy.gif

enya

hi hi everyone!!

please recommend a good and affordable actual day photographer &amp; videographer!! has anyone worked with alan ng &amp; choon huat?

jowie

Hi everyone!

juz had my weddin yesterday at MM poolside...below is wat happened...

banquet manager is quite ok, guide us properly about the march in

regarding the food, some said good but my family and relatives said certain items not fresh
sad.gif

the thing dat anger me is dat <FONT COLOR="ff0000">THEY DIN PLAY OUR BACKGROUND MUSIC!</FONT> as we engaged a band, after the band stop playing, the sound tech supposed to play our own disc, but when the band stop, there was no music! i ask one of the waitress to play the disc, and they played their own instrumental disc! i am quite upset as this disc is specially made by my hubby....in the end it's instrumental and the music is so boring! my hubby ask them about our disc and they returned the disc to us instead of playing it! anyway it was toward almost the end of the dinner(initially we din notice) and everyone is saying their goodbyes so we din questioned the staff.
after eveyone left, the banquet manager wan us to sign the bill but we refused. We want them to give us an answer about the food and background music but no one can make decision...we insisted so the duty manager supposed to see us after we wash up. When we in our room, pauline called me and we negotiate wif her...in the end she give us 5 guests waived and buffet dinner for 2...at least something lor, but it's quite bad, today got some relatives called my mom to complain the food not fresh
sad.gif

enya

jowie:

oh my god .. how come they seemed to have screwed up everything? even music and food??? my god!!! did u make a complain anyone other than pauline? i booked MM bcos of the good service and food, but if this is what's going to happen ... !!!!! but other than food and music, everything else okay rite?

jenjen

jowie, so sorry abt that hiccup...
sad.gif
probably it really slipped the technician's mind... dun be too upset... anyway, most of ur day went well!!
proud.gif
as for food wise... I really dun give much expectation that everything is 100% fresh lor... especially when they are preparing for hundred over guests... as for relatives calling ur mum, dun be too upset... some relatives just like to gloat at pple's minor mistakes...

now wat is impt is, ENJOY UR HONEYMOON TMRW!!

jowie

enya...mine is buffet, not chinese banquet, so can't really comment on their overall food quality, but i myself tink dat my buffet food is nothing special...even the beef carving is overdone...
other than food and music, everything is ok, service a bit slag coz when i realise the music not on, i wave at the staff but they are standing along the salad bar and din notice me

jenjen...when i questioned the banquet manager about the disc, he said when the band stop playing, juz so coincidence dat the tech went to the washroom. So he himself go to the sound room(dat is when i told him no music) and put in their own disc...funni mah, i told him since u can put your disc, why dun u put MINE?? my hubby pass the disc to him earlier leh...tink they totally forgot about my disc
sad.gif

well, the food, the main not fresh issue is the salmon sashimi, which shld not happen lor, coz sashimi have to be fresh mah, somemore my sis told them it's not fresh, they change a new plate, and it's still not fresh...

my sis juz called and said her bf and my niece got stomach upset...*faint*

tomolo not my honeymoon lar
biggrin.gif
i am going sabah for 2nd dinner
happy.gif

O

ohno

<FONT COLOR="119911">Jowie</FONT>

As for the background music, don't think the guests will realised that too. Think the banquet manager a bit blur lor, dunno what to do after your band stopped playing. You must be very relieved now since the dinner is over... must be looking forward to your honeymoon rite?
happy.gif

cowie

Hi Jowie,
Sorry to hear about the food and music part. But dun think about it already since it is over. Just keep the happy happenings of the day in your memory bank
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hi enya,
I engaged Choon Huat for my actual day. Great person to work with. He managed to capture a lot of details from the wedding
happy.gif
Not to worry about the food for the banquet lah.... I have positive comments from friends and parents' colleagues
happy.gif

jocelyn

Hi jowie,

ur case sounds familiar to me leh ... u had ur wedding on the 3rd Nov at the poolside rite and it's buffet??? I think i know ur hubby leh... he's Cliff rite???
happy.gif

enya

cowie:
is it possible to show me some of your studio / actual day photos?
happy.gif
i remember u told me din have any videographer right? how much did choon huat charge u?
happy.gif

cowie

Hi enya,
I have dropped you an e-mail with regards to Choon Huat's charges.
happy.gif
Thought it was not so appropriate to discuss that under this thread
lame.gif
Yup, I din have any videographer.

jenjen

oic... jowie... then I think that's not very good of them...
sad.gif
but never mind... dun think abt it leow okie??

Pauline is unable to book an extra room for me that night for one of my guests... but dun really like it that she din even want to help a step further, like suggesting she check out again or something... *sigh*... that's ok lah... I've got contacts to book either PanPac or Oriental at corporate rates which are cheaper than at MM...
happy.gif

charlene

Hi everyone. I am seriously considering having my wedding dinner at MM and have been reading all your helpful comments. Can I just verify that the service, food and atmosphere at MM is good? In addition, should I talk to Irene or Beng Khoon?
Thanks for any help/comments. It's so nerve racking making the choice ;@)