Marina Bay Sands (MBS)

Hi Diminiblue, we are looking at MBS to hold our banquet too and when I called MBS catering department, they assign Zi Ling (catering & banquet manager) as my coordinator too. So far, encounter with her has not been too good and pleasant , she is rather lax and no initiative to follow up, replying email in an unprofessional manner and inflexible for adjusting to our requirement. Good thing we have not sign up anything with her yet till we do an on site inspection. We are really keen to use MBS but because of the unprofessional manner we received from Zi Ling and the inflexibility to cater to our needs, we are still hesitating. Has anyone ever call up MBS to request for a change of coordinator, kindly advice?

Oh no! That's really bad to hear =( Just try calling MBS to request? Never try never know =)

My fiance just attended a MBS wedding last Saturday. He told me some of the seafood was not fresh and was quite disappointing. He only liked the first dish and also mentioned the rest are either not up to standard or so-so. I never attend the wedding myself so i'm not very sure. But my fiance is not a picky eater so...

I've got colleagues who went to another colleague's wedding in MBS last year, told me food was good though =S Unless MBS is unable to maintain their standard, then that's quite disappointing T_T

Dancinglights

Oh no! That's really bad to hear =( Just try calling MBS to request? Never try never know =)

I've got colleagues who went to another colleague's wedding in MBS last year, told me food was good though =S Unless MBS is unable to maintain their standard, then that's quite disappointing T_T

I've been seeing a lot of mixed reviews around forums too. When they first started I heard the food was bad. After which I thought it has gradually improve throughout the years. However I was quite disappointed when I fiance told me that the scallop and fish tasted a little weird. His colleague mentioned that the scallop tasted like $10/ bag scallops bought from Sheng Shiong. Honestly I'm not sure how true is that so just sharing what I heard from my fiance. Cos initially I wanted to hold my wedding at MBS too. But hearing such things made me think twice. End up I decide to sign with grand hyatt cos MBS has too many functions within one day so the reception area will be very messy IMO and I think guests are likely to be confused too.

Hi MBS BTB,

Any of you will be holding your wedding in 2016? My wedding date is 24Jan2016, I have signed up with them and too pay the deposit during the workshop. My ballroom is the Main Melati Ballroom, have anyone held in that ballroom before? I hope you can share with me your experience.

I was told that the coordinator Jeremy would contact me but its like almost 2weeks already i did not receive any email from MBS yet.

Hi , congrats on ur upcoming big day

I am also considering MBS and gg to make an appt with them.

Can you share your perks with me?
Cos currently there is no waiver of corkage for hard liquor also...

hi all! just want to share that I had a great experience with MBS when I held my wedding last year. my coordinator was originallg Zi ling but she went on maternity and was replaced by Euphie. I really loved Euphie`s service. she was there all the way and even the night before when I needed to make changes tk food (1 additional vegetarian), she replied me promptly though it was like 10pm..

MBS food at my wedding was v good too and I loved the suite !!!

Using SingaporeBrides app

stan1988

Im holding my wedding in may 2016. My coordinator is zi ling, she was okay but we havent had anymore contact since we booked the banquet.
Ive heard many negative feedbacks with regards to traffic and parking there, anyone has got suggestions or solutions?

stan1988

I went to the wedding fair in No 2014. But didnt sign up, cos my wedding will only be in June 2016.
I contacted jeremy in march wanting to book an appointment with him. My emails went unanswered and he only responds to calls to his mobile. He wont call back even after he promised that he'll follow up.
I'm waiting for the next MBS fair to sign up, and hope i get a different coordinator.

Anyone has any idea when the next MBS fair will be?
There is one in september if im not wrong. :)

Samanthacfy

Hi , congrats on ur upcoming big day

I am also considering MBS and gg to make an appt with them.

Can you share your perks with me?
Cos currently there is no waiver of corkage for hard liquor also...
yes please share with me too. i am considering to book them this november.. hope there is slots.. :(

minime19

Hi all! new here, just signed a package with MBS for next yr. anyone has experience with a coordinator called Joo Geek? she looks super young and was very loud and extroverted, but has apparently been around for 4 years.

anyway, my HTB and i were attracted by MBS due to its iconic nature, so we didnt really research deeply on whats good and whats not. generally we are aware of the bad parking experience and that the food standards are really dependent on luck/mood of chef. appreciate suggestions for floral and tips for liaising with the coordinators too.

thanks in advance and congrats ladies for the milestones of our lives!

jyeonie89

hi all! just want to share that I had a great experience with MBS when I held my wedding last year. my coordinator was originallg Zi ling but she went on maternity and was replaced by Euphie. I really loved Euphie`s service. she was there all the way and even the night before when I needed to make changes tk food (1 additional vegetarian), she replied me promptly though it was like 10pm..

MBS food at my wedding was v good too and I loved the suite !!!

Using SingaporeBrides app
Hi Penguinacalanche, mind sharing your package with me?
Here is my email: [email protected].

thank you.

jyeonie89

Hi all! new here, just signed a package with MBS for next yr. anyone has experience with a coordinator called Joo Geek? she looks super young and was very loud and extroverted, but has apparently been around for 4 years.

anyway, my HTB and i were attracted by MBS due to its iconic nature, so we didnt really research deeply on whats good and whats not. generally we are aware of the bad parking experience and that the food standards are really dependent on luck/mood of chef. appreciate suggestions for floral and tips for liaising with the coordinators too.

Hi Minime19, mind sharing your package with me?
Here is my email: [email protected].

thank you.

Hi girls, just met up with Jeremy yesterday and was told the perks for upcoming wedding show in Nov 16 would be

Lunch
- Free flow beer
- 1 bottle wine/ table
- 1 night stay in deluxe room for helpers

Realized there are no longer 5-10% discounts off total bill and the so called "wish list".
I am just worried that there may be more perks in the wedding show which I was not told :/

Does anyone have insider info about the actual perks?
And did anyone managed to have the 1) discounts off total bill or 2) additional night stay in suite for lunch package?

Thanks!

minime19

Ya my coordinator also told me that no more %discounts. they get free tables instead.

but wats is wish list! hahaha I don't tink I was offered that leh!

yysayshello

Hi Minime19, able to share your package with me? I'm visiting their showcase this coming sat but I would like more info before going! Thanks so much :)

yysayshello

Anyone been to Jasmine junior ballroom? It's located at the end of the walkway, gives some exclusiveness yet there is a Saraca ballroom blocking the view of the shopping centre or the river /: Will other ballrooms be better? Haizz went to their showcase and my "salesperson" failed terribly in answering most of my questions /:

Anyone been to Jasmine junior ballroom? It's located at the end of the walkway, gives some exclusiveness yet there is a Saraca ballroom blocking the view of the shopping centre or the river /: Will other ballrooms be better? Haizz went to their showcase and my "salesperson" failed terribly in answering most of my questions /:
Hi! Went for their showcase today too. And the sales who talked to me also can't really answer most of my qns. Keep saying she needs to check with her supervisor :(

yysayshello

Hi! Went for their showcase today too. And the sales who talked to me also can't really answer most of my qns. Keep saying she needs to check with her supervisor :(

Yea lor :( I really feel forum people (really thankful) gave me more answers than the staff there HAHA she either say 1) I have to check with supervisor 2) The coordinator afterwards will follow up within weeks to assist you /: In the end I just google for amswers! But then thumbs up to their hospitality, no aloft services!

One thing the staff is very sure that Mbs will hold up to 10 wedding banquets or events on the same day :confused: And yes parking is an issue (staff asked me dont let guests be late lor eerrr dont think I can control) And they will take up to months to process before a coordinator contacts us o_O

minime19

mine is at the end of the long long walkway too. try nagging at ur coordinator, might be able to get the buggy from them

Irene17

Hi, i went for the wedding show too, the sales i spoke to advise me on Melati (Level 4) and Belognia (Level 3), this 2 ballrooms are nearer to escalator, your guest wont missed it.
But also depends on how many tables and the dates you are looking at? Jasmine junior ballroom is really very far away.

supersonicboom

Hi, i went for the wedding show too, the sales i spoke to advise me on Melati (Level 4) and Belognia (Level 3), this 2 ballrooms are nearer to escalator, your guest wont missed it.
But also depends on how many tables and the dates you are looking at? Jasmine junior ballroom is really very far away.

you can actually request for the ballroom of your choice (of course depending on the max number of tables possible). Mine is the roselle junior ballroom. my coordinator was telling e that min. tables is 20, but she kept asking on the max possible number of tables that i will be having (without promising on a number) because she wants to give me the best ball room possible. So I told her definitely won't exceed 28, hence the junior ball room :)

yysayshello

you can actually request for the ballroom of your choice (of course depending on the max number of tables possible). Mine is the roselle junior ballroom. my coordinator was telling e that min. tables is 20, but she kept asking on the max possible number of tables that i will be having (without promising on a number) because she wants to give me the best ball room possible. So I told her definitely won't exceed 28, hence the junior ball room :)

Hihi! Thank you so much for the advise :) Now I feel the salesperson just want me to take up the "lousier" ballrooms first... She refused to open up level 4 for us, one moment she says fully booked then another moment says cannot open or got events, but when we asked her what events, she cannot answer at all. Unlikely fully booked cuz still got like 20mths... NOW I'M QUITE ANGRY!! Is it true that only min. 40 tables then will qualify for the bigger ballrooms? What if I have 38 39 tables. I did walk around and talk to some MBS staff preparing other ballrooms for D&D on that day, and they said Junior ballroom will be squeezy for my case because i have to take into considerations of the stage, 2 projectors and red carpet. But my salesperson INSISTED junior ballrooms work for my case and I chose to believer her cuz she's the salesperson :( :( :( If 28 tables is max for roselle junior ballroom, then won't 38 39 be too much for the same size ballroom :(

Thank you so much for your help!! I will contact the manager now and ask for further advise haizzz

Last edited:

yysayshello

Sorry for the spam here hahaha but really a big thankyou for you guys help here! Luckily I emailed them and they just called me instantly OMG thumbs up to this service hehe straightaway he offered me level 4 main ballroom :eek::eek: diff from what i heard that day o_O He 's super patient and really answered my questions well and gave me much more insights lor. Volcanic boost in my assurance for my wedding! :p

supersonicboom

Sorry for the spam here hahaha but really a big thankyou for you guys help here! Luckily I emailed them and they just called me instantly OMG thumbs up to this service hehe straightaway he offered me level 4 main ballroom :eek::eek: diff from what i heard that day o_O He 's super patient and really answered my questions well and gave me much more insights lor. Volcanic boost in my assurance for my wedding! :p

nice :) is it jeremy who attended to you?

Xygoh

I just held my wedding banquet at MBS last Saturday and it was an awesome experience. My coordinator was Zi Ling and she has been patient and rather flexible in handling my requests. They gave us a big changing room. The decor done up by June Florist was amazing! I got a real surprise when I stepped into the ballroom because the decor turned out nicer than expected. The banquet managers were really helpful. They asked us if we needed water seeing that we were nervous about our first march in. One of the female banquet managers kept helping me to pull my wedding dress to make it convenient for me to walk. They also ensured that our solemnzation ceremony went smoothly by helping me to set up my decor, cert and vows. They also brought the fish and scallop to the changing room while we were preparing for our 2nd march in. They were really a big help. The suite was wonderful too and we enjoyed 2 nights' stay in it. We were treated like kings and queens during the staycation and the privileges were great. Zero regrets for choosing MBS for my big day. :)

ivy93

I just held my wedding banquet at MBS last Saturday and it was an awesome experience. My coordinator was Zi Ling and she has been patient and rather flexible in handling my requests. They gave us a big changing room. The decor done up by June Florist was amazing! I got a real surprise when I stepped into the ballroom because the decor turned out nicer than expected. The banquet managers were really helpful. They asked us if we needed water seeing that we were nervous about our first march in. One of the female banquet managers kept helping me to pull my wedding dress to make it convenient for me to walk. They also ensured that our solemnzation ceremony went smoothly by helping me to set up my decor, cert and vows. They also brought the fish and scallop to the changing room while we were preparing for our 2nd march in. They were really a big help. The suite was wonderful too and we enjoyed 2 nights' stay in it. We were treated like kings and queens during the staycation and the privileges were great. Zero regrets for choosing MBS for my big day. :)

Congratulation on your wedding! Good to hear that they are maintaining the standard as I do see some negative reviews here and there. Can I check with you, how was the quality of the food? Thank you!

RV1906

Hi there..could you email me the decor done by June florist? here is my email: [email protected] thank u in advance

supersonicboom

great that the wedding went awesome! may know what are the flowers theme that you've chosen from June florist (any photos to share?), and yes, how was the food too?

wanytan

Great to hear tt :) i will be having my wedding in mbs 12 nov 2016 :) may i know what is the flower theme u have chosen? :)

Xygoh

Congratulation on your wedding! Good to hear that they are maintaining the standard as I do see some negative reviews here and there. Can I check with you, how was the quality of the food? Thank you!

Food seems to be quite consistent with the quality i got from the food tasting session. The portion is quite generous too since i saw on some of my guests' photo that they have a huge piece of abalone on their plate. From the feedback i got from the guests, the review was generally quite positive.

Xygoh

image.jpeg The only photo i have of the decor. The decor looks prettier in reality compared to the photos showed to me by June Florist.

ivy93

Food seems to be quite consistent with the quality i got from the food tasting session. The portion is quite generous too since i saw on some of my guests' photo that they have a huge piece of abalone on their plate. From the feedback i got from the guests, the review was generally quite positive.

Great! Thank you so much!

kemise

Hi! May I ask if anyone held their wedding / attended a wedding lunch over at MBS? How's the food?

I went there for D&D and it was not bad, but now I am reading mixed reviews about the food.

Also, may I know if anyone tried changing 1-2 items form the food menu and was allowed to?

Thanks in advance!

jerxiu87

I just had my wedding dinner last sat at MBS. The service n food was great! My guests was really satisified with it! The overall was great, the coordinator try to help us in whateva ways we need.. i feel they are maintaining their standards! :)

jerxiu87

Yah you are allowed to change some items but provided the chef allow. The chef usually will come and meet u during ur food tasting.. u can feedback frm there.. hope it helps

Xygoh

My wedding was held in dec last year. Food was good based on what i ate and consistent with the food tasting session. They also took our feedback seriously.

SiuzZZzz

I just had my wedding last Saturday at MBS. Our coordinator Joo Geek was very nice and helpful and always response promptly to our request. The food was nice and I got alot of compliments from my guests. The banquet manager was helpful as well. We chose June florist for our ballroom decor and it turned out really nice. I would definitely recommend MBS as it is a perfect wedding venue!

kemise

may i ask if anyone went with sing see soon florist before?

also, may i know if there is any discrepancies in the quality of food between food tasting and the actual day food?

Thank you very much! :)