Mandarin Oriental Singapore

winny

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Yve, I'm worried about this too. Whenever I tell my friends that I'll be holding mine at Mandarin Oriental, they will thought it's Marina Mandarin.

I think Manrina Mandarin is more common and accessible that's why.

Therefore now I'll tell people that it's THE ORIENTAL. Use the old name. I guess this is better.</font>

waxie24

KaiStarz> I provided a piece of music for my solemnisation march in (it continued to repeat softly during the ceremony)... before the ceremony.. they "auto" played bossa nova tunes.. i provided CD for sit down event with a huge collection of songs, so that it wont repeat several times..

my parents also blur blur.. until i tell them its the hotel facing the esplanade "the durian".. my relatives have no problems with the venue though.. Same parkng area.. if they arrive at the wrong place.. jus ask them to walk over~

yvchy8

Hi waxie, i guess will juz hv to remind and remind. btw, does MO not provide any "pipe-in" music? I'm having a band but playing dish presentation song from a cd. Not sure if i shd brg along my own "pipe-in" music CD to play while guests r seated waiting for the event to start? if MO does provide, what r some titles they have?

waxie24

happy CNY to all..

yve> they do provide "pipe-in" music..as for the titles they have, u would have to check with ur coordinator..
hm.. why dun u ask ur band to play the first dish song instead, since they are already there?

yvchy8

Hi waxie, I didnt get the percussionist and for my first course presentation, I chose an upbeat french song that requires the drums, trumpet, blah blah. Dun think the band can pull if off with just piano &amp; guitar. Hee..
happy.gif
They will do my two march-in though. Btw, any pics of your event at MO? Mind sharing?
happy.gif

waxie24

yve.. i posted pics on the theme decor here sometime back.. shld be in the thread.. u leave ur email here.. i can give u more.. my event is in garden suite

sean_ng

Hi all,
I have the following items for sale from my wedding last Friday.
All items are brand new and only bought few days before my actual day.
Please send me an email at seanngyl@gmail for more details.

1) Martell VSOP, 70cl, duty paid, 8 bottles, $70 each

2) Berri Estates Cabernet Sauvignon, 75cl, duty paid, 22 bottles, $18 each

da230509

Hi all,

Would like to find out roughly when your coordinator will contact you to discuss the invitation, theme, food tasting etc? My wedding suppose to be in May.

evocal

Hi D&amp;A230509

My wedding is on 9 May, and I have already selected my theme,love theme. i'm finalising the flower selection as they want to charge me extra for what I want. This should be sorted next week. I'm planning my wedding from overseas and am currently in singapore until 15 feb. My partner is coming down this weekend for a week and we will finalise wedding favours. I already picked up my invitation cards and it is all made up to post out in a month. I was advised that we will be contacted a month to 2 months b4 the date to finalise menu selection. There is no harm in starting early.

kai9

Hi Char,

just to enquire, you are charged extra for floral. What kind of arrangements or services will they start charging?

Is there any wine tasting and wedding cake design selection prior to your wedding?

Cheers.

da230509

Hi Char,

Thanks for sharing, my coordinator have just contacted me regarding the invitations and food tasting. Less worried now.
happy.gif

evocal

Hi KaiStarz

When the theme is selected, Oriental will use the general colours of the flowers, but i have specific requests on the type of flowers that I want in the arrangement so in a way, it is not subject to availability at the time of the wedding. I think that they will also charge for premium flowers. They will need to ensure that those flowers are used. Apparently there is only 1 cake design since only the top tier is for the wedding couple. I'm only holding my wedding in garden suite so not many perks. I am also bringing my own wine. I do not think that there is wine tasting.

yvchy8

Hi, for those who selected long march in, e.g. attached layout - do your guests at tables 1-8 have problem viewing projector on either side? was thinking if possible to place projector at the corner of table 8 to corner at table 23 instead? has anyone noticed if the screen is portable? thanks for yr feedback.

924169.gif

winny

<font color="aa00aa">Hi! May I know what wedding favours do Oriental offer?

I was only advised of an edible favour. Any advise?</font>

kai9

Hi all,

Anyone having your wedding at garden suite? Care to share your table layout plan? Thanks alot.

Cheers.

waxie24

winny> there are a lot of favours to choose from.. keychains, photoframe etc etc..

kaistarz> my floor plan is 15 tables without stage in garden suite. if u wanna take a look.. leave ur email, i can send to ya..

kai9

Hi waxie24,

Wow now they have photoframe too? The other time when they show me, there are only some "common" favours only..

For your wedding, if without stage, how is cake-cutting, champange pouring being done?

My email is: [email protected] / [email protected]

Provide another email to you in case it can't get through.

Thanks ya.

waxie24

Hi KaiStarz

for the favors, i was asked to go to their supplier n choose ard 2 mths before my AD... i chose the white beach chair (its a photo frame cum hp stand) and key chains..

I've emailed u the floorplan to ya hotmail.. i forgo cake-cutting, and i arranged the champagne pouring at my poolside solemnization..

waxie24

yupz.. simple decoration with white chairs and "Love" theme (standing floral pieces).
the pool was still open to the hotel guest.. but our settings were in the corner (near the baby pool).. imo it was quite private~

kai9

Hi waxie24,

Thanks i received it. For your poolside solm, is there any extra charges holding it there?

That's a very nice place to do solm. Cheers.

waxie24

KaiStarz> i remember i was told about the extra charges for the pool.. but i think becos i forgo stage, cake-cutting, VIP serving etc,hence i've got it waived.
speak to ur coordinator, see what he/she can do to help u
happy.gif

poolside was extremely romantic.. the sunset was beautiful. thanks to the good weather..

da230509

Hi,

Have anyone tried the pink inserts with gold wordings? Thinking of taking both the cream and red cards, does the cream or pink inserts work better with these 2 cards?

Any advise would be good. Thanks!

waxie24

D&amp;A230509> i think u can go to lil'art, compare btween cream n pink inserts on the cards itself, and decide which one looks better.

i seldom see cream cards, pink inserts though.. would be more special~

rockofice

Hi all,
I am interested to find out more about having a wedding at MO, just visited the place yesterday night, it so posh and classy! Also I received their 2010 3rd quarter rates and it is still reasonable =)

Anyone has held their wedding there before? Any bad points about MO? How much deposit is required? Any additional payment before the wedding besides the deposit?

Thanks!

appledayz

Hi all,

went through a few posts and so far, as compared to rest of the hotels forums posts I went through (e.g., Amara Sanctuary - AS, Raffles Hotel - RH etc), OM has 1 of the most favourable comments / feedback so far.

My partner and I were initially bent on signing up with AS but the greatest concern is the carpark availability, so back to square 1 now.

I had been greatly advised by more than 3 frens to check out OM and at least 1 recommended Hilton too. So now wonder if any one could share with us on any recent wedding held at OM in year 2009 with the new favours and all?

I am most encouraged by the rave on superb service and food.
happy.gif

Thanks all in advance...

nechoc

Hey Lilian and Valerie, I have held my wedding there in July last year. Is the most correct choice out of my whole entire wedding! Good food good ambience good service, worth every cents! Is the choice that you made with no regrets. Go for it! Deposit was $5K.
happy.gif

waxie24

i strongly agree with cadence.. MO was also my perfect choice, other than my hubby.. haha.. my wedding was sep 08..

deposit of 5K upon confirmation.. (contract states partial payment 1 mth before).. but i think most of us made final payment after the wedding (during check out)

valerie, i really suggest u made an appt with the hotels u shortlisted, bring u ard the place.. most imptly, u n ur htb must be able to click with the coordinator.. he/she will made ur day real special~

kai9

Hi all,

For outsourcing own printing services, will MO provide us the template for inserts?

Any advise? Thanks.

Cheers.

waxie24

hi kaistarz

if you are going to ur own printer, ur coordinator will still send u the template.

I passed 1 sample card to my printer for reference (for positioning the chunks of the text).

hope this helps.

rockofice

Cadence and Waxie:

Thanks fo your advice.. My AD is kinda still long way.. Sept 2010, but am thinking of booking 1.5 years in advance, now choosing Carlton or MO.

Did you do your wedding at Oriental Ballroom? Is 25-30 tables ok with Oriental Ballroom?

I am looking at their new garden theme! so beautiful! Is their reception area big? Any hidden costs? What are their wedding favours? IF you use your own wedding favours, any deduction in costs?

Thks a lot!

da230509

Hi all,

i just went down to Oriental today and managed to check out the invitations and favours, thought of sharing it here.

They have now replaced the dark green invitation with a light apple green one, think its quite nice if you are having a garden theme. And they now have 4 different colors envelope to go with each invite.

As for the favours they currently have a couple key chain, a set of heart shape measuring spoons, a bottle of edible almond and a heart shape paper weight with a bell within it (not sure what should it be called).

rockofice

Hi DA

The favours sound very exciting! seems special from other hotels! Any other perks or impressions of the ballrooms you can share here?

So keen on MO now!

Thanks!

da230509

Hi Lilian,

If you are looking at fri or weekends, the min number of tables for the oriental ballroom is 35. For mon-thu the min is 30. From experience i think they are quite strict abt the tables, not sure if anyone managed to negotiate successfully.

The oriental ballroom is shaped like a fan which i think is quite unique and its pillarless. I personally find that the room is of the right size for not more than 40 tables. Unlike some hotel ballrooms which gives the very convention like feeling.

Perks wise i think they are pretty standard, you may want to try asking for more beer.

appledayz

Gosh! Been busy with work, juz login and saw useful advice from all, esp. from Cadence, Waxie and D&amp;A! Thanks so much!
happy.gif

Yes, I have juz emailed Oriental for a site-visit, waiting for a confirmation. :>

Btw, Cadence, Waxie, KaiStarz &amp; Tricia, may I know who was / is your wedding planner from MO?

I got a reply from this lady who said she would be my bridal consultant, her name is Angeline Goh. Very likely would be meeting her.

Lastly... good nitez to all... :p

winny

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Ladies! I had paid my deposit! My wedding planner is Eve. :D

Hi nehoc! Your wedding portfolio is nicely done.
How much did you pay for the service?</font>

nehoc

Err....Winny i am actually a 2008 oriental groom &amp; at the same time the photographer that shoot that wedding. I hope i didn't confuse you..

If you are interested you can always drop me an email @ [email protected]

Regards
Cohen

appledayz

Thanks Waxie, Tricia &amp; Nehoc!

Got a call from Mark today and I would be meeting him this Sun...
happy.gif

Concern now is the no. of tables to meet... :p

waxie24

dreamer17> u'll have to email oriental to get the latest packages for hightea n lunch.. I did mine in dinner (buffet style), the cost per pax is the same to the sit down dinner for a table of 10..

valerie> mark is really good.. u are in good hands..