Mandarin Oriental Singapore

pangel

Hi. anyone know what is MO's weekend lunch menu? Those who are doing lunch in the wkend, do u change or top up your menu? And how much is it?

Many thanks.

jaster

Winny,
hmm.. no hiccups or any comments regarding the sound system.. the guests have heard me during y speech and were all laughing.. so i guess it should pretty much be okie

waxie24

Koala Prince> woah.. i like ur theory "to help the beaten and fight for the truth"..

giraffe> I split my wedding event (1 lunch, 1 dinner) last yr.. not to fit into the ball room.. but to fit into the garden suite (max 15 tables).. as a result lunch was meant for friends, dinner for relatives.. pros n cons i would say

valerie> i did weekend lunch last yr (yes.. last yr..happen to check in once in a while)... i did not change my menu... in fact.. the amount of food was just nice for my guests..

So far, MO has been providing high service standards (no major complains)

I would like to share that MO will specially appoint a wedding butler (mostly for the groom) and a female assistant (to help the bride).
Both keeping an eagle eye on us, helping me with my gown, chair or taking the initative to get some food for us.
so far, after attending/helping out in several wedding events, I've never seen any other hotel providing such service other than MO.

klquek23

Hi everyone, am considering Mandarin Oriental after reading so many good comments from here. Can someone share with me the wedding package for Mandarin Oriental? For both weekday and Weekend lunch and dinner package. Many thanks!
happy.gif

my email is [email protected]. Cheers.

shannie80

Hi anyone can advise that if i taking the L-march in where stage is in the middle. the two projector screens are actually on extreme ends of the ballroom, left and right.

can the projector screen be moved to somewhere next to the stage...

kitty_princess

i had done the L-Shaped march in with 13 tables. the projector is placed near the middle, in front of the screen.

there was no problem. cheers. hope this info helps.

klquek23

hi BTBs for Mandarin Oriental, may i check for weekday dinner and weekend lunch, does the 2010 package comes with 1 bottle of wine per confirmed table? as per the package stated, there is no wine provided for weekday dinner and weekend lunch? Can anyone confirm on this? thx

pangel

waxie> so yours also no veggie item in the menu? Since the lunch is 7 course, i'm also worried that the menu will not be filling enough for my guests. Esp the elders who are used to taking rice. Hence, my coordinator advised me to take the rice instead of the bun with chilli crab sauce. Which one did u choose? Bun or rice? Any feedback?

kitty_princess

hi valerie, mine is a lunch wedding with 7 course menu, w/o the veg in my menu too however the portion for MOH is actually alot. my guest had a filling lunch. for me, i took the chill crab w/ buns and buns are refillable.

giraffe~

hello everyone! i still haven't given up on oriental yet. i'm trying my best to cut down my guest list to squeeze into oriental ballroom! =) does anyone have any pics of the ballroom? can send to me? my email add is [email protected]. thanks!! how the positioning of the lcd projectors? any comments on that? does it make the ballroom ugly?

giraffe~

sorry another couple of questions... is there red carpet for march in at the ballroom? and how's the bridal suite, nice or not? (anyone got nice pics?) and is there any decor provided for the reception area outside the ballroom?
and anyone has any comments on how is the food at MO compared to shangri-la? cos if i still can't squeeze into MO then my next option is going to be shangri-la.
heh sorry for asking so many questions. thanks in advance!

kitty_princess

hi giraffe,

basically photos of oriental online and whatever u see down there, are 2 different feeling and judgements, so it's still best to make an appointment with them and head down to oriental to look through everything.

the coord there are very nice. they'll show u to any places u might want to see and whatever u wan to know, even the bridal suite (if available), pool an other places that can take beautiful photos. but i guess u can make advance notice to them.

i believe after visiting, that will ans all ur enquires.

winny

<font color="aa00aa">Hi giraffe, I just held my wedding there. I hope I can help with dew of your questions.

There's no red carpet. According to my coordinator, it's outdatd.

The bridal suite is nice.

There's no additional deco at the foyer.

I can't compare the food to Shang's as have not tried Shang before.

You might call Oriental to check with them. The wedding coordinators are really helpful.

Cheers!!
Winny</font>

pangel

Thanks all for the comments. =)

Meow> thanks. Mine also ard 13 tables like yours. Going to print my cards soon...have to confirm my guest list fast liao. Alot of stuff to do and still haven do...stress stress

Anyone print cards in malaysia? any feedback?

shannie80

hi all,

i am an oriental bride also (22.12.09). just had a nice and really wonderful wedding there. I really missed my times and stay there already.

the food is really good, all the guests commented on it. Ours was 8 course, but all the guests really enjoyed the cod fish, ribs, crab sauce with buns and the dessert (choco pudding with vanilla sauce), they were so full. Even one of my colleagues told me, she usually a fussy eater but she really loved the food so much.

and also my DIY photo montage plus all the wedding songs i burnt went well without a glitch.

Credits to Mark Chan (my co-ordinator), Benson (my banquent Manager), Lilian (bridal assistant), Chef Roy... all of them were really splendid.

The service was impeccable, down to the concierge. service was very prompt and professional. and also we really loved our bridal suite.

it will definitely be a wedding to remember..

jaster

Valerie.. are you using MO's cards? we intially wanted to print our wedding inserts @ T&amp;T (Msia City Square) but it's too small and looks awkward in MO's card..

So went to the hotel's appointed printer to do it instead..

jaster

valerie,
hmm.. i only went to t&amp;t printing.. perhaps you wanna check out out printers in msia?

=) wanted to save the trouble of looking for one that has the size that fits!

yvchy8

Hello all, so glad to see many more MO couples here.
happy.gif
I had my wedding almost a year ago (time flie...!) but memories of my wedding event at MO is still fresh in my mind.

a major part is due to the staff's impeccable and flawless delivery, down to presentation of first dish at the 22nd second of my song selection (!), having an assistant hold my gown train wherever I mingled, handing me water (with a straw so as not to stain my lip color), changing sequence of dishes, changing sequence of the events, changing cutlery... yes &amp; sorry i am so fussy &amp; spoilt. :p And I didnt even sign up the most premium package in case u wonder the service quality came with a price tag. they have been the most accommodating to my smallest request.

Many guests feedback that the dishes were yummy, portions were generous and the menu was innovative. Their favourites were the buns with chilli crab sauce and baked cod fish. I added a vege &amp; mushroom dish to my standard lunch package.

The only minor downsides I thought, were really the backdrop on the stage (that I hired an external vendor to touch up) and font used in the standard table menu (which I eventually re-did myself, not sure if they have changed it). The rest have been impeccably met.

Earlier on there were some comparisons between Shang, Four Seasons &amp; MO. In my humble opinion, Shang has ermm, beautiful stationery. MO's wedding card is elegant but simpler looking. Four Seasons ballroom feels a little dated. Among the 3, MO has the best location (in case certain guests do not drive, the walk from the MRT is sheltered).

Depending on your criteria, i'm sure new couples will be able to find the perfect venues.
happy.gif

yvchy8

Hi Nat, this is a frontal view of the stage, taken by a lousy hp cam though. The lights were dimmed to create a more dispersed effect. It was approx. 8 ft in height.

1317850.jpg

yvchy8

Hi Nat, I have emailed u the details.
happy.gif

The standard MO backdrops are simpler but still very presentable. But as I've said, I can be quite fussy! :p

These are out of pocket expenses that I budgeted for, so I went ahead with it.

yvchy8

Hihi, I guess it boils down to what you bring up with your coordinator. For us, we must have almost discussed EVERY little aspect of the wedding. From sequence of events, to food tasting, to cutlery, etc. There are certain things that are accepted/overlooked in general coz they are common features actually, but we'd still covered anyway - such as presentation of first dish onstage, that we've seen at many weddings before, and eliminated for ours.

So it depends on expectations. but we basically cleared everything with our coordinators, whether or not they are the norms or we wanted to deviate, and didn't take things for granted. But it was great that MO has some of the nicest coordinators in the banquet industry, among the rest we have met.
happy.gif

yvchy8

Hi Nat, we didn't want a lot of fanfare so we did away with the dish presentation onstage. The service staff simply entered the ballroom in two file and presented the dishes on cue. Nil prancing around whatsoever :p As with yum seng toasting etc.

Our coordinator was first Sandy but she later went on maternity leave. Then Mark took over. Both have been very outstanding.

Hi Peggy, have fwd u the details.
happy.gif

yvchy8

Hi giraffe &amp; silly, I have emailed u the vendor's contact details as well. Do check.
happy.gif

Hi Nat, I didn't have a dance floor. The idea sounds lovely.

yvchy8

Hi Clara, that's a very difficult question to answer, as the themes are beautiful.

I was deciding between Love &amp; Dream but went with the former as I held a luncheon, which I wanted to be simple &amp; elegant. Personally, Dream looked more appropriate for a classy evening event.

I wasn't drawn to the Happiness theme coz I had my wedding close to CNY last year - while red theme fitted the festivities, it was just untimely "chingchong" for me. Further, the centrepiece can't be removed (if i recall correctly) so it might obstruct photo taking a bit.

We didn't consider the garden theme but it will look great at an outdoor wedding.

OH! We didnt have a Sweetheart theme during our time. Would anyone be kind enough to post a pic of it here? I'm quite curious to see how pretty it might be.