Mandarin Orchard Singapore

D

droopy eyes

Piggy so sorry!! I went in the other day & deleted my photos ... didn't know u will go in again heee ... anyway when I m free I will post my studio/ S'pore/ KL wedding photos in again. I didn't want to post for so long coz I didn't feel "secure" to have my photos over the net for too long... Hee hee ... kia see hor. Anyway, I will let u know when they r ready!

abri

hi everbody!

1st time here. juz booked mandarin's wedding banquet. doreen was assigned to me. anybody used her as the coordinator before? any comments? thanks! ;)

seiko

Hi DS!
happy.gif

tks 4 pasting the pix here ... is that Mandarin Court? dun like Belvedere cos thats the rm ive signed on .... Is that u in the pix?

piggy

Hi droopy eyes,

we understand, we oso dont feel safe to put the photos on the web for too long... we shall wait patiently for your next phtot posting...

finally, your headache (banquet) is over! it the begining for us...
sad.gif

DS, thanks for sharing the photo with us, looks like u hv a lot of tables!

D

ds

Hi piggy,

i got 72tables... dat's Y i need the ballroom... but the flr manager is veri gd & experience... so everything went quite smoothly

elixir

hi everyone,

i'm new here, and i just read most of your comments about Mandarin. I'm intending to have my dinner in Feb 2004. Thing is, both me and my husband live overseas now. So i have to leave a lot of planning to my mom, who's helping me. She's a little bit lost as to how to begin. i'm interested in the Mandarin, for about 25 tables. Can you tell me how to instruct her? Like, who she should speak to, how to negotiate, and how to overall get the best deal from them? Thanks! (i seem to have heard rather negative things about Evelyn Loh - so must avoid, isit?)

july

Hi Elixir

I am having around 23 to 25 tables. My coordinator is Joe Lee, he is very nice so why don't you just call him up? His number is 68316059. I believe this is his direct line...

Actually the package is quite comprehensive already...I didn't ask for more things, except more invitation cards and parking (but if there happens to be another wedding on the same day, they can't give me more parking space). The free flow of beer is very attractive
happy.gif

jan

Hi everyone!!

I'm also new here! Would like some advise from all of u...

I'm intending to hold my wedding banquet sometime in Sep 2004, but still thinking of which venue to choose! I've shortlisted Mandarin S'pore as one of my choice, but do you all know which ballroom will I take up if I were to have 25 - 28 tables??

And did anyone of you gals shortlisted other hotels like Marina Mandarin, Pan Pacific etc? Just wondering what was the reason that made u choose Mandarin S'pore??

Thanks!!

jules

Hi Jan,

think 25 tables, u will get the belvedere court on the main tower on the 4 floor, on that floor there is another ballroom call manadrin court (that can take up to 50 tables i think)

both these ballrooms got pillars...

jan

Hi Jules..

thanks for ur reply.. Well, how does the Belevedere room look? Is it nice? Or small and old? And how about decor wise?

july

Hi girls

I just found out that Joe has left Mandarin and my new banquet manager is Malcolm. Is he nice and friendly like Joe???

seiko

HI all !
happy.gif

I called Mandarin n they confirmed that Joe had left on 24 hrs notice. I was reassigned Zainal. I think he's good cos my friend Jojok is alsp having him as her banquet manager.

oct

oh my god, joe is gone, is the new b manager good? can change if the new one is not good????????

sandgirl72

me too just a shock tat joe has left Mandarin... my newly assigned b. manager is zainal... is he as responsive, helpful and responsible as Joe?

i am still recovering from the shock.... last week i was still talking to Joe abt having my ROM Reception... but now he's gone...

july

Me too, totally shocked. Found out last night when I went for my marriage prep class and my friend's banquet manager was also Joe and she was the one who told me.

I wonder if he resigned or was asked to leave....
sad.gif

sandgirl72

it is really sad n shocked to hear tat Joe has left Mandarin. just hope tat whoever tat takes over the a/c will be as good as Joe...

july, hv u check who is taking over yr a/c?

july

Hi sandgirl72

I spoke to Malcolm today, he speaks so fast!!! I think he must be receiving lots of phonecalls from his newly assigned couples! But on the whole, he sounds ok...

sandgirl72

hi july, i guess they all must be busy with the takeover of accts from Joe. give malcolm a chance to serve u n yr FH and see how it goes. if really not so satisfactory then request for a change... keep me posted... take care

vio

hi all,

new to tis thread. i din book my banquet w mandarin but wen to the Graceful Image Bridal show earlier tis mth at Mandarin....anyone been to the show?

i like the arch flower + candel stand they placed on the stage & wonder any1 know where i can rent it? could someone advise ;) thks.

J

joe lee

Hi Girls, this is Joe here formerly from the Meritus Mandarin. Well just wanted to say sorry cause i didn't have a chance to say goodbye to you guys. I was ask to leave within 24 hours after i tender my resignation (which is normal for sales person). I'm joining Swiss'otel the Stamford and unfortunately i won't be in charge of wedding banquet anymore. But trust me whoever sales manager taking care of your wedding banquet will definately be a reliable person and he or she together with the banquet service team will run a good show for you guys. Take care and really sorry again.

seiko

Hi Joe ! Great to hear fr u again! was wondering how u were doing after u left. Muz say i was really disappointed 2 hear u had left cos i was fretting that the person taking over wun be as responsible. But Im glad 2 have Zainal taking over my account cos i heard he's very responsible too
happy.gif

Oh, in case you're wondering who i am, u sent us a 2nd contract for some amendments? okie, 2nd clue, hubby is a doc
happy.gif

L

leon & weiling

Hi Joe,

Still Remember me. the Gal who introduce this website to u. How's ur new job?? must b more challenging issit??
Very surprised to hear u no longer working in Mandarin.
All the best in whatever you do.

flora

Hi joe

This is Flora here. Kin and I are quite disappointed to hear that you have resigned, but anyway, all the best to you and your new job!

sandgirl72

Hi Joe

This is Sandy. When I got to learnt tat u hv left Mandarin, both Joel n me were so disappointed cos u hv always been tat helpful n responsible.

Now our acct is taken over by Zainal. Spoke to him once and find him ok.
wink.gif

Wishing you all the best in yr new job with Swiss'otel The Stamford and may God's blessings be with U always!

BTW, do u have any 'lobang' for red wine suppliers? This was the reason why i called up that day to look for U.. we tot of having red wine for our dinner...

Take care, Joe

daisy

Hi Joe,

Daisy here.... ai yo.... so shocked to hear u left... lucky my wedding over liao...hehe... too bad all my frens, Michelle, Celia & Cousin Calvin hv to change their banquet mgr.... Michelle hv veri bad experience wif the new mgr who took over u... she was veri upset over tis cos dat lady was veri unfriendly & unaccomodating until Michelle threathen to talk to Thomas then she change her attitude....

Anyway... all the best to U in yr new environment.

nutella

Hello to all Mandarin brides

I have a question about invitation cards. We are usually given 60% or 70% of our guaranteed guests right? Has anyone tried to request for more? I think now I need more than I am allocated and according to the lady at T Dragon, I have to liaise with Mandarin instead...

J

joe lee

Hello !!! really nice to hear from you guys cause at least we can keep in touch with each other. Well, really sad to leave Mandarin after 7 years but life have to move on right and i owe you guys big time ya!!!!

To Seiko : Please say sorry to Matthias cause i don't really have a chance to take charge of your event.

Leon & Wei Ling : The happening couple that have lots of balloons at the foyer area. Hey, i really envy that you guys have so many helpers around
happy.gif
Good to hear from you too and how was your holiday in New Zealand?? hope you had a good trip there.

Hi Flora & Kin : Thanks for everything and really sorry that i can't tell you and kin in advance that i'm leaving the hotel cause it suppose to be p&c right
happy.gif
well, all the best to you guys too!!!

Hi Sandy & Joel : So sorry again that i can't do my best for you guys but Zainal is a really nice chap, chatty and a very interesting person. You and Joel will enjoy talking to him
happy.gif
He will definately do a good job for you and Joel. And for the red wine, you can contact Mark from millennium gift at 9829 8744. Forget above white wine and for the red, try to go for south african (Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot grape type) or you can also go for Chilian wine which is good and reasonable in terms of pricing (go for Merlot) the everage pricing per bottle its about $19-22.

Daisy & Joseph : The couple that i have to climb up and down to hang the portrait
happy.gif
how can i forget about you. Well really enjoy it and its also a good experience to do something different. thanks for all the recommendation. !!!

**If you guys have any problem, you may contact Mr Thomas Ng (Director of Catering)at 6831 6081 & Mr Gilbert Tay (Assistant Director of Catering) at 6831 6087. Okay have to go.. Cheers!!!!

vio

hi Joe,

not sure if you could help on the ballroom deco during Graceful Image's bridal show on 9th Feb. I'll trying hard to get/rent the arch candel stand they placed on the stage - will be great if you could advise on the contact.

thks very much.

angel

Hi Joe,

This is the lady who co-ordinated the Nurses party @ Mandarin on 8 Feb. Now, I hope you remembered who I am.

Anyway, I was shocked to learn that you have left when I called to make enquiries for another potential event to be held at Mandarin.

Later heard from my colleague that you have since moved on to Swishotel.

From most of the messages, you seem to be a very popular guy around. Ever thought about doing consultancy work instead?

Anyway, wish you the very best and hope we get to work together again in the future.

Best Regards.

J

joe lee

Hi Vio Vio, this is Joe. the floral stand called topperies deco, its actually a new decoration from Greenaches. You can contact anyone from the Catering Sales department and let them know that you have seen it and you want to have it for your wedding. It shouldn't be any problem getting it and no extra charge too.
Thanks

J

joe lee

HI Seiko, so sorry that i got your hubby's name wrong anyway all the best to you !!!

Hi Angel, my resignation came in a sudden to me too and i was not really prepared. Wedding Consultant?? i would love to do it but i think i'm not qualified to do the job
happy.gif
Anyway thanks for the idea!!! SO when is your big day?? in Mandarin too??

sandgirl72

Hi Joe,
thank U for yr wine recommendation. will definitely check them out! Hope to see U around in this thread more often so that we can seek yr 'online professional advice' on our wedding banquets with Mandarin.
happy.gif

zainal too has emailed few suppliers to me.

btw, my ROM venue is confirmed at yr sisters' hotel - Swissotel Merchant Court.
happy.gif

Have a wonderful weekend!

angel

Dear, dear Joe,

No, I am not a sweet young bride-to-be. However, I may consider celebrating my 10th wedding anniversary this year. hmmmm....

Anyway, this is Angela from Parkway Group. Now, does that ring a bell?

Are you still in catering sales in your new organisation? If you are, will call you to get some quotes.

vio

thks a great deal Joe ;) had such hard time searching!!

thks again!

yah btw like wat angel mentioned - if u're in e Sales team, do let us noe cos our co conduct seminars on mthly basis n wld love to work w u ;)

L

leon & weiling

Hi Joe,

I went to Australia for honeymoon not new zealand.. quite enjoyable don't feel like coming back to singapore..

shinchan

Hi all,

I'm new here. Has anyone here have or heard of any experiences with Francis Lim? I have signed up with Mandarin and was assigned to him. Actually I like the hotel and the package very much (that's y i signed up) but sad to say, not too satisfied with my co-ordinator...

Pls gimme some feedback.

Thanks alot!

babylove

Hi Shinchan,
I also had Francis. Why were u not satisfied with him?
For me, I've not had much interaction with him, so cannot tell u for now.
But Francis seems like a more bo chap guy. Everything that I want to discuss with him, he will say, let's discuss when it's nearer to the dinner (Which was a year away when we first met him)

So when's ur dinner?

romance

Francis was tooooo bo chap for me and he always seems to have no time, so I asked for a change of coordinator. I'v also heard of others who dropped Mandarin becos of bad experiences with him. Change him while you still can. Why should you cater to his wants when you are paying for his services?

shinchan

Babylove,
My dinner is in March 2004. Yup, similar to that of Romance, found him very bo chap, busy and impatient. When I wanna fixed appt with him initially to discuss abt the package, he can't wait for me to finish my sentence and kept on interrupting me and cutting me off. Hence I dun have the confidence that he'll listen to my needs when the date is drawing nearer. I then let my bf do all the contacting and he kinda irritated already, but can still tahan better than me.

Romance,
How did u go abt changing a coordinator? Given a choice, I hope I can do that too...

romance

Shinchan & babylove,
I spoke to another coordinator directly and asked him if it's possible for him to take over the account from Francis and he's ok with it so he spoke to Francis to take over my account.
Mine is Zainal and very happy with his service
happy.gif

sandgirl72

heard some negative feedback from my boss when he attended a wedding dinner at Mandarin last Sat (on the 6th floor)

he had a unpleasant experience with the waiter/waitress serving their table.. they had asked for extra 1 plate of chilli but the rude waiter/waitress just told my boss off by saying "u finish this plate first"... how can they be so rude?

and when my boss noticed tat there is no small individual saucer/plate for holding the chillies, my boss asked them again and guess wat they say.. 'we used to have it but now NO MORE using it"

my boss has cautioned me cos he knew tat i'm having my wedding banquet there tis year and i drop this note in this thread is i'm concern abt the service quality of the waiters/waitresses in Mandarin.

joe, do u encounter any complaints b4 from yr former clients abt the service standard/quality of yr waiters/waitresses?

i'm not trying to ruin the image of Mandarin cos i m also a customer of Mandarin too...

june

hi,

mandarin singapore seem not interested in email enquiries, email to them using the email on the home page but no reply from them!

finally got someone there, zainal, also slow in responing!