Mandarin Orchard Singapore

judyl

Hi okipoki,
So glad dat u managed to get MC!
happy.gif
U will definitely hv an unforgettable wedding!

nanshee

sweet .. thanks .. we manage to get our coach's student to do the solemnization for us .. kekeke .. a very wu2-yao4-han4 look alike
happy.gif
hopefully he dun have to fly for biz trips during my ROM month cos some jp can fly aeroplanes at last mins *cross fingers*

okipoki

judyl & starbright,

thanks to both.. well, hope it wont turn out too empty in MC. Didnt get a glimpse of MC's deco yet. Btw, how many theme are they offering ??
happy.gif

razor

judyl,
Hey, judy, got your email on the listing of the electrical shops. Thanks for that, and wow! You have certainly done your homework! :)

jitpong

Hi mrsleong

Did you find out from your co-ordinator what their waitress and waiter wearing as their uniform and what colour is it? Dun want my EG to be of the same colour as the table cloth and the waitress...most probably will be wearing cheongsum, if their waitress also wearing one then i will becum waitess instead of bride on that day...kekeke

mrsleong

Jitpong: i have not check with Malcolm on their uniform. I just made another Evening Gown for my 2nd Walk in, so i dun think will be of a similar colour or design. i did mentioned to Malcolm that i wan something Funky and floral. but its up to them as there will be 3 weddings including mine, so i let them decide.

judyl

okipoki: not very sure leh. if i'm not wrong, i tink itz 2 - tealights or flowers. u can check w ur co-ord. since the 7th lunar mth is coming, dun think there will be many weddings. nevertheless, u can still check w ur cor-ord to c when's the nxt wedding, so dat u can view the setup.

razor: u're welcome!
happy.gif
yup, HB & i spent the whole day, going from tampines to bedok, then to pasir ris again to check out the prices.

ninkumput

Hi all,

I have finally confirmed with MM. So here's another update
happy.gif

cmy - 12 Jun 04 - Belvedere - Henry - Julia Wedding News - Stefine - Whampoa

Bineo - 13 July 04 - Grand Ballroom- Angie- Flamingo- The Edge- Pasir Ris

Carole - 18 Oct 04 Mandarin Ballroom - Handsome Malcom - French Bridal - AMK/CCK

BlurSotong - 2 Dec 04 Mandarin Court - Much Talked abt "Francis" - Camellia - Hougang/ Pine Close

Okipoki - 28 Dec 04 - Mandarin Court - Doreen - TWD - Dover

Starbright - 24 Jan 05 - Mandarin Court - Francis - Golden Horse Awards - West Coast

Greedycat - 25 Jan 05 - Mandarin Court - Henry - French - Tampines

Bbear - 29 Jan 05 - Belvedere - Malcom - Yvonne Creative - Everafter - Bukit Batok

jitpong - 19 Feb 05 - Belvedere - Henry - Everbliss - SengKang

Trekkie - 24 Apr 05 - Grand Ballroom - Henry - City Bridal - Pasir Ris

Zonkkie - 25 June 05 - Belvedere - Francis - The Bridal Wardrobe - Benny Ang

judyl - 09 Sep 05 - Mandarin Court - Francis - hvnt decided yet - Pasir Ris

Sweet - 1 Oct 05 - Mandarin Court - Henry - Milan - Bt Gombak

nanshee - 06 Nov 05 - grand ballroom - Francis - Yvonne Creative - Pasir Ris

ninkumput - 27 Nov 05 - grand ballroom - Gilbert - In Wedding - Still looking

judyl

okipoki: cant rem liao. saw it in april. tink the tealights was quite nice. better to see the real thing, then u can compare.

camy

Hi MM wedding couple,
Would like to find out what is the reason of choosing Meritus mandarin?
I'm also considering this venue for my banquet.
Thanks

vivibright

hi ladies!
me went to see the deco in MC ballroom last sat [there's a wedding going on] and well, alittle 'disappointed' with the deco leh. kinda 'botak' .. not sure whether is it becoz MC is too big and thus, not enuff flowers to fill the area ...
it was 'flower' theme [if i am not wrong]
coz didnt see much tealights around ...
maybe mandarin shld improve the deco alittle ..

seiko

hi Camy
happy.gif

i got married last Aug 31st at MM... main reason was cos of the perks. free flow of beer, 2 nties stay. plus central location, MM is considered 'good' location for the older fo, lks etc. price wise v reasonable.

hi starbright, wat u saw was prob a standard deco. some brides ask Dolly ( the florist appointed by MM ) 2 add on flowers ( of cos at extra cost )tealights r normally placed at the entrance of the ballrm, n on flowerstands which will line the aisle. Perhaps u can speak to yr coordinator n ask him if u cld change the deco a lil, but normally they'll get u to liase wif Dolly direct. Shes a nice lady, can negotiate wif her
happy.gif

camy

Hi,
I just went down to MM and view the Mandrain Court last night. It was very spacious. Was very much impressed by the "intelligent light" that the catering staff was telling me. They do have a very unique seat cover .
happy.gif

Thanks Seiko, May Ling and okipoki. Really the perks are very very attractive. He is quite flexible in a lot of areas.

Are the brides here mostly taking up the Mandrain Court? Does the pillars in Mandrain Court will not impose any obstruction to the guests? Any photos to share about the setup and the banquet?

Thanks in million!
happy.gif

sandgirl72

Hi Camy
As wat May Ling (Carole) has said, we didn't find the pillars at MC a big problem to us during our banquet last year.. we had 40 tables and it didn't appear too 'eye sore' to us..

if U don't mind, i can send U our wedding set up for U to look see.. can I have your email addy pls?
happy.gif

camy

Thanks May Ling and Sandy.
That is what the catering manager told me too.....and now i assure of that. My coordinator is Henry. Quite a nice and frank guy.
Sandy my email is [email protected]

Thanks

vivibright

hi seiko,
thanks
happy.gif
yup,hubby also suggested to add more flowers to groom the place alittle more [well, so long as i dun have to pay ... i am ok with it. hehehhe ]

camy

Hi okipoki,
Have u book the date? When will it be? Hehehe, sicali we are on the same day.

Hi MayLing,
You a french bride too right? Saw a few of ur postings there.....hehehe....we both are french and MM bride yeah!

mrsleong

camy: ya ya ya.. kekekeke... wanna join us for an outing on 19 Aug? the Nov brides are having outing on 19
Aug... anyone else wanna come along?

camy

Okipoki,
I trying to book the room on 10 Dec, but faster got it faster than me. Now i have to push it to 5 Nov. Argh.....

MayLing,
Saw the posting in french. Sure if i not caught up at work. So are u all bringing partners along?

okipoki

CamY,

Wahh push forward a month ar !!! Very tight leh hor. Well, u have confirmed with them liao ?

Sandy,

Thanks for your mail.. saw the layout of MC. Kinda plain hor if without some flowers deco & nice pics taken by your photographers. Also, the pillars seem to be ok leh.... haha I do pray hard cos max I will be having 35 tables unlike yours 40.

Zonkkie,
Ehh why the sudden change of ballroom ??

camy

Okipoki,
Indeed it is....initally dun want to plan so early but seems like i left with no other choice. Very scary that dates that are still one and a half yr away are booked already... arghhhh

Sandy,
Thanks for the photo. Agree with okipoki that the deco was simple and plain. Well good things doesn't come cheap and might have to top up a bit more for something more.

mrsleong

Camy: 5 Nov this yr or next? add urself on the list thanks.

Hi all,

I have finally confirmed with MM. So here's another update

cmy - 12 Jun 04 - Belvedere - Henry - Julia Wedding News - Stefine - Whampoa

Bineo - 13 July 04 - Grand Ballroom- Angie- Flamingo- The Edge- Pasir Ris

Carole - 18 Oct 04 Mandarin Ballroom - Handsome Malcom - French Bridal - AMK/CCK

BlurSotong - 2 Dec 04 Mandarin Court - Much Talked abt "Francis" - Camellia - Hougang/ Pine Close

Okipoki - 28 Dec 04 - Mandarin Court - Doreen - TWD - Dover

Starbright - 24 Jan 05 - Mandarin Court - Francis - Golden Horse Awards - West Coast

Greedycat - 25 Jan 05 - Mandarin Court - Henry - French - Tampines

Bbear - 29 Jan 05 - Belvedere - Malcom - Yvonne Creative - Everafter - Bukit Batok

jitpong - 19 Feb 05 - Belvedere - Henry - Everbliss - SengKang

Trekkie - 24 Apr 05 - Grand Ballroom - Henry - City Bridal - Pasir Ris

Zonkkie - 25 June 05 - Belvedere - Francis - The Bridal Wardrobe - Benny Ang

judyl - 09 Sep 05 - Mandarin Court - Francis - hvnt decided yet - Pasir Ris

Sweet - 1 Oct 05 - Mandarin Court - Henry - Milan - Bt Gombak

nanshee - 06 Nov 05 - grand ballroom - Francis - Yvonne Creative - Pasir Ris

ninkumput - 27 Nov 05 - grand ballroom - Gilbert - In Wedding - Still looking

zonkkie

sandy, thanks for the pics. MC looks really huge. Hope that it will not look too empty if I dun have that many tables.

okipoki, our coordinator asked if we want to take MC instead cos another couple was interested in Bel. Decided to do so cos we anticipate that our table numbers is likely to increase over the next year or so. Or else will have headache trying to cut guest list..hehe

iger

Hi Sandy,

I am also about to sign up with MM and will be given MC. Can I view your wedding set up as well cos I am a little disturb by the pillars. Thanx!

My email: [email protected]

By the way is Bel another ballroom of MM cos I was not offered any other ballrooms by the coordinator except MC as I have about 35 tables.

jitpong

hi Iger

MM has the grand ballroom and belvedere. Belverdere is on the same level as MC...

actually MC is nice for 35tables, belvedere will be too cramp maybe that the reason why your co-ordinator did not bring you to see other ballroom

BTW, who your co-ordinator and when is your big day....

sandgirl72

Hi judyl and iger
U've got mail
happy.gif

Hi iger
If U having 35 tables, then MC will be a better choice cos bel is normally for smaller capacity (i think less than 30 tables).

We had 40 tables and we used the MC for our wedding..
happy.gif

mrsleong

getting real bored these days...

handsome malcolm, pls call me hor... my friend wanna enquire abt MM for 15 Tables... i sms u liao, but guess u busy SWEET HEART SWEET HEART on sunday.. whahaha... thanks brother..