Mandarin Orchard Singapore

jitpong

Deco for the ballroom is actually more of personal preferences. I chose Belvedere cos i thought that the pillars look more colourful and suitable for weddings.

For Mandarin Court...it too white for me.feel that not for wedding...both FH and me thought the pillar in granite look quite cold

So make a trip down especially if there are having wedding to have a feel of their decor to help you make the choice.

shellzzz

oki doke! Thanks, jitpong, for the input..
will be going down tonite to meet up with the co-ordinator to see the place.. =)

eejean

Hellos Sweet!

wah one week before mine..we must exchange tips closer to the date..heh..i'm taking Mandarin Court too!

met up with henry, must say that i'm quite impressed with his efficiency..think the perks are pretty standard, dun think i can ask for much more than the mentioned 70% invites, 30% carpark..

the overnight room for helpers does not include breakfast though..hmm...mebbe can bargain for that..

if we take the 5% coupon, cost per table will be quite low..$764.55, heh..think thats a good deal..;p

Can Sandy email me the pictures too? email addy is [email protected]

;p

shellzzz

hi bubbles,

just met up with henry yesterday too.. seems really quite enticing, with all the perks.. =p haha!! but didn't see the overnite room for helpers.. did u bargain for that?? tried asking for anniversary nite's stay, but somehow, he says MM doesn't practice that..

eejean

hi shellzzz..

yup, i bargained for that...didn't see the room but i asked for it..he says must have min number of tables (mine is around 32-35, Saturday)..

you should try and ask him? ;)

yup..anniversary nite stay was out..nebermind...

what other perks did he give you?

shellzzz

oh.. ic.. mine only gonna be ard 26 tables.. so prob gonna be difficult to squeeze then.. other than the 10% more for carpark & cards, nothing else...

lux

Hi Girls,

I know I am going to sound like a klutz..

But the pricetag for per table that comes with +++ does that add up to 18% at least?

cottoncandy

hi bubbles!
yup, we can exchange pointers nearer to the date...hehe..as for the room for helpers, i onli got a day room, but didnt try to bargain for overnite stay too...hehe..coz dun wan disturbance..

okipoki

shellzzz,
I had belvedere intially but changed to Mandarin court due to the no. of tables I have having. It will be just nice to have a max 30 tables at belvedere, not so crampy I would say.
I shared the same thots as jitpong but what to do...

eejean

Hi Shellzzz, yup..but maybe you try for other perks? invites cost all these are small money..more flowers mebbe???

Cotton candy- yups..we should! have you gone down to see when they have set the place up for a wedding? i haven't...is it nice?

cottoncandy

hi bubbles
before i confirm my dinner with MM, oredi went down on 3 different occasions to see the set-up for weddings...hahaha..super ks hor?

frankly, the deco is abit plain & sparse...flowers not alot loh, but we light the intellgient lighting color...u can have different colors for different panels and during different timing, so quite cool! =)

sashamama

Gd day to all,
I'm Sashamama's FH. Needed some help here.
-If I'm interested in having a wedding dinner
here, who can contact?
-What will be the things I should look out for what negotaiting?
-What extra things I'm able to request for that are not in the standard package?
-What will be the cost now for weekdays and weekends dinner? Per table or any other cost

Thank you. Can kindly send to [email protected]? Thks Thks

sashamama

Dear all,

Sashamama here...
Pardon my FH for his insensitivity...
By coming in and asking for help without at least giving a self intro or sth:p
I be coming in here everyday to chat cos we're very keen on having MM as our banquet.

Due to some personal reasons, we need to bring forward our banquet from 2006 to June 2005 (not shotgun la, haha..)

So wld really need all ur help here from now on..
will be calling up mandarin tmr morning to see if the date we want is booked or not, if not, we'd make a tentative booking first..

So for the perks from what i read so far:
1) Extra room overnite for helpers
2) Carpark 30%
3) Cards 70%
4) Late check out of the suite
5) More trays of canapes
6) More wine
7) Some food vouchers

Anymore more?
hehe..

Also, how are the prices like for weekday and weekend package for next year and what do they come with?

Do they have anymore wedding fair coming up?

Thanks for all the advice i can get
happy.gif

165105.gif

eejean

Hi Sweet!

Wah! haha..that is quite KS..my that FH, ask him to go downtown on sat is like dragging him to the slaughter house..haha..prob next week i will go down and see...

what are the different set-ups that they use? all of them are plain ah? what will you be doing for the decor then? hehee..what flowers? haha so Kaypo..

sashamama- the perks will depend on the number of tables, and whether it is weekend/weekday..etc..
should give them a call, they are efficient in reverting ..;)

sashamama

Hi gals, esp bubbles (thx for responding)..

I called MM today and they're fully booked on the dates we want.. Sigh! Now we're looking more at Sheraton that's still available..

Anyway, ALL THE VERY BEST to u lucky MM brides! hehe..

Cheers!
165248.gif

jitpong

Sweet - dunn have to worry about the disturbance....henry say he will arrange such that their room will be far away from our suite...hehe....

camy

Hi Sashamama,

Sheraton will b having a wedding show coming up on 9 oct. Why dun u make a tentively booking on the date u want first. Then on the wedding show u go and confirm your booking.....in that way, maybe u can get better deals, who knows u might win the 1st prize in the lucky draw....

eejean

sashamama...no problem..glad i could help..

yup..should check out the sheraton wedding show..sure lots of freebies!

any of you attended the mandarin wedding show( if any)? what were the freebie son offer?

shellzzz

Hi bubbles,

Don't think there's any wedding show coming up soon.. from what I heard from Henry... cos the last one was somewhere in April..

btw.. went down last wk-end to take a look at the actual setting & I must say, it's really quite nice.. =)
only thing maybe lacking is that there's no live quartet/ quintet playing music.. hahaa!!

eejean

hehhee..okies...

what would your setting be like?
;)..kaypo..

i thought of having orchids and big tropical leaves kinda thing..but dun want it to look nationalistic..hahaa

cottoncandy

hi bubbles
hahhaa...we go down orchard every 2 weeks, so veri easy for us to drop by to see the wedding set-up..think so far, the set-up that i have seen are the same..haha..6 flower tea-light stands along the aisle, centrepieces on each table, sashes for the 2 VIP tables...and some rose petals on the champagnes glasses table + reception table..there are 3 kind of standard flowers tat u can choose from..i will most probably take roses bah, since they are my fav flowers...

eejean

Hi sweet..

lucky you dun have to drag him kicking and screaming..hahha..what are the other 2 flowers besides roses?i think most likely i will have to top up some $$ 'cos like decor..sigh..

okipoki- think they dun have definite themes...?

cottoncandy

hi bubbles
my hubby used to it liao...haha..so he will follow me whenever i go shopping ...=) think one other kind is gerbas..forgot the last one liao..u can check with your coordinator on this...

eejean

Hi Celina
Sweets and I have taken 1 October and 8 October respectively, but this is for the Mandarin Court ballroom, you gotta check with them about the rest of the dates and the rest of the ballromms.......

Hi Sweets,

oh like dat ah, i think i will probably take orchids, HB say he will settle flowers so i can take a backseat on this one..
oh we used to shop a lot, but spend like crazy now have to watch it a bit..hahah think will drag him next week..hahaaaa..

if i search for BS next year will it be too late?

Hi Joy,

you can go to their website to check it out..;)

eejean

Hi Jitpong,

AD is 8 October 2005..heh...think i will search during Nov/Dec..was actually thinking of not taking packages..maybe just take WG/EG, then suit, flowers, MUA go elsewhere...haha..so much co-ordination..

which ones do you recommend?

pinkypigfly

Hi sweets & bubbles, im also goin to hold my wedding @ MM.

Like to know who is ur co-ordinator coz i receive a call telling me tat GILBERT TAY has resign...wonder any1 hav the same co-ordinator as me

goin to meet the person in charge who took over frm gilbert his name is francis.....

cottoncandy

hi bubbles
yup, as jitpong as advised..normally BS is about 1 yr in advance..hehe..so u still got some time

hi pinkypigfly
welcome! so what's ur AD date? both bubbles and my coordinator are Henry Chiok.. some gals here oso got Franics as coordinator.. =)

eejean

Hi Celina,
no prob, so which date are you getting? ;)

Hi Sweet,
actually am seriously thinking of Dang, wondering whether they will have any special offers when they move shop...haha..evil..can't wait to go BS hunting, but FH having exams until end October so have to be patient, unless go with gal pals..haha..evil..

Jitpong, when is your AD? which is your BS ah?

jitpong

bubbles - you can go a-la-carte too but that will take up a lot of time sourcing for each individual service.

You may wish to add in your details here:

cmy - 12 Jun 04 - Belvedere - Henry - Julia Wedding News - Stefine - Whampoa

Bineo - 13 July 04 - Grand Ballroom- Angie- Flamingo- The Edge- Pasir Ris

Carole - 18 Oct 04 Mandarin Ballroom - Handsome Malcom - French Bridal - AMK/CCK

BlurSotong - 2 Dec 04 Mandarin Court - Much Talked abt "Francis" - Camellia - Hougang/ Pine Close

Okipoki - 28 Dec 04 - Mandarin Court - Doreen - TWD - Dover

Starbright - 24 Jan 05 - Mandarin Court - Francis - Golden Horse Awards - West Coast

Greedycat - 25 Jan 05 - Mandarin Court - Henry - French - Tampines

Bbear - 29 Jan 05 - Belvedere - Malcom - Yvonne Creative - Everafter - Bukit Batok

jitpong - 19 Feb 05 - Belvedere - Henry - Everbliss - i-werkz Productions - SengKang

Trekkie - 24 Apr 05 - Grand Ballroom - Henry - City Bridal - Pasir Ris

Zonkkie - 25 June 05 - Belvedere - Francis - The Bridal Wardrobe - Benny Ang

judyl - 09 Sep 05 - Mandarin Court - Francis - hvnt decided yet - Pasir Ris

Sweet - 1 Oct 05 - Mandarin Court - Henry - Milan - Bt Gombak

nanshee - 06 Nov 05 - grand ballroom - Francis - Yvonne Creative - Pasir Ris

ninkumput - 27 Nov 05 - grand ballroom - Gilbert - In Wedding - Still looking

pinkypigfly

Hi sweet, my AD is 18/09/05 (Mandarin Ballroom)

Going to meet francis this sat....mmmm wonder why he want to meet us sooo early!

btw he ask abt the check list..but i dun noe wat iszit???? do u noe??

shellzzz

hi gals,

Anyone held their AD in Beveldere with 30 tables? cos just recounted the guest list & realised it's gonna be abt 30 tables now instead of the previous 25 tables I initially thought.. quite stress now.. dunno if it'd be too crampy. anyone can share? cos I think if it's 30 tables, a lot of people will be blocked by the pillars... sigh...

snow26

yesterday i went meritus mandarin, the ballroom at the 4th level, got 4 pillars, the coordinator says 30 not a problem
but looking at it , a few tables defintely will be blocked

i am considering marina mandarin instead, went to my frd's bridal suite, got sea view leh

cottoncandy

hi pinkypig
probably francis wan to touch-base with you bah..since changing of coordinators..think the checklist is to guide u on when to do wat eg. food tasting, confirming deco etc etc

okipoki

Shellz,
I think 30 will be just nice in Beveldere, anything more will be quite cramp. Saw a set-up with only 28 tables before & thats also the reason why I have changed to Mandarin Ct instead cos I am having 35 tables.

Crystal hoo,
I guess u are refering to Beveldere ??

caratsoup

Anyone getting married on 31st Dec 2004 or 1st Jan 2005? How's the turnout of guests going to be like, since it's the holiday season???

becks99

Hi there, i'm new to this forum. am also thinking of having my AD in MM. already met up with Jamie and seen the Beveldere ballroom. looks nice to me but am concerned about the pillars. heard the projection screen is in an odd place and some tables will be blocked. the reception area looks quite cheena too. anyone have any comments or any pictures to show? million thanks!
happy.gif

becks99

Hi there, i'm new to this forum. am also thinking of having my AD in MM. already met up with Jamie and seen the Beveldere ballroom. looks nice and cosy to me but am concerned about the pillars. heard the projection screen is in an odd place and some tables will be blocked. the reception area looks quite cheena too. anyone have any comments or any pictures to show? million thanks!
happy.gif

willykokmf

hi bubbles, you have confirmed the 8 oct 05 at MM? I actually have made tentative booking opp your ballroom. Did you manage to get more perks from Jamie the catering manager.

Hope you can share some light on it. Thanks/

pinkypigfly

Hi sweets, u are correct...went to meet up wif francis liao he is a beri experience guy leh...had 10 over yrs experience. me & my FH sit there like students listening to teacher heheheheee.......yap the check list is a guide for what we suppose to do lor! so i still can relax till nxt yr @_@

okipoki

Hi Caratsoup,

Have attended a wedding falls on 31/12/2003 & I would say the turn out not as good. However, thats gotta depend who u are inviting. Anyway, one of the dates given to me was 31/12/2004 but I have opted otherwise.